Go to footer

You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Postby LCneiny » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:24 pm

Well, I'm sad to say I didn't really finish a project last week :( I guess I could consider some things I did, but it wasn't really what I WANTED to do, which is submit my passport renewal and book a cruise. Tomorrow's another day. But I did finally schedule an appointment with a functional MD which went REALLY well and he's agreed to treating me so I'm super excited to finally figure out my lingering issues :D

This weekend was amazing fun and now my body officially hates me. I definitely took 2 vacation days. I think I ate about 10,000 calories. I can rationalize it by saying we did a TON of walking (was in NYC) but really, we totally overdid it. And I'm trying my best not to beat myself up about it because we had so much fun and sometimes you just need to let yourself go a little crazy! I've had a double dose of detox tea tonight and I'm back to my good habits all this week. And now I'm going to go pass out :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:50 am

Hey, I have to submit my passport renewal papers too. Though, I'm not going on a cruise. Or anywhere for that matter :( Just want to get it renewed before they up the price of renewal in July.

I'm thinking I either picked really good stuff for my challenges, or I picked stuff that's just way too hard. Instead of 8s and 9s I'm getting 5s and 6s. The clean the bathroom point is eluding me too. And the flossing. And the water. And the exercise. But I know I can do it all. I just have to apply myself. Are we already on week 4???!!! Two weeks left to get my act together. LET'S DO THIS!!

ps this was posted over in the daily, and it's just so Pretty i felt it had to be shared here too
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby obava » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:04 am

I felt so pathetic after my bratty post about cleaning my bathroom that I made myself go clean it. Took 15-20 minutes. I didn't die, it didn't hurt. Gawd I am such a baby sometimes 8-)

Happy Monday! Thanks for the loverly pic of His Prettiness, Abs :D
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:10 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:I'm thinking I either picked really good stuff for my challenges, or I picked stuff that's just way too hard. Instead of 8s and 9s I'm getting 5s and 6s. The clean the bathroom point is eluding me too. And the flossing. And the water. And the exercise. But I know I can do it all. I just have to apply myself. Are we already on week 4???!!! Two weeks left to get my act together. LET'S DO THIS!!

"me too!" to all of this :? well, I'm not flossing as part of the challenge, tho I should be ;) I went on a cleaning rampage, then it fizzled out. I haven't been keeping up w/the water, which then makes me feel sluggish & I don't want to exercise :roll: but I did clean my spare room up this week & set up all of the exercise stuff up in there, so maybe this will be more incentive, to have it all in one place & ready to go :)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:51 am

Abs - thx for asking, my knees and thumb are feeling a lot better. Sorry to hear those cops were such asses. Grr!

LC - yeay on finding a new doc, hopefully this one will get your issues squared away. Glad you had fun in NYC! And if its any consolation, you're not the only one who stumbled this weekend, and I didn't even have the excuse of travel. Today's an excellent day to reboot! (I had my detox tea too this morning.)

Obava- LOL on the bathroom cleaning! Funny how the mental block takes longer to break thru than the time you spend doing the task at hand!

Amy - cool website! Can you set it up to have your business's name only instead of the smugmug linkage? I know DH's site has only his name, no smugmug reference.

Thx for all the pretty pics… not that I don't enjoy alternate pics, but they pretty is just… sigh… pretty!

Off to update my measly points for the week - will try and do better this week… (I did NOT track points the first two weeks, so I'im going to average myself as having 5 pts a day for those two weeks.)

And someone wants to say hi…
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Help!! Don't know what prompted me to search "fifty shades of" in amazon... but I now need brain bleach desperately!!

Perhaps this will help...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:36 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Help!! Don't know what prompted me to search "fifty shades of" in amazon... but I now need brain bleach desperately!!

how irresponsible & reckless of you! I hope you learned your lesson! ;) :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:18 pm

amynkansas wrote:Tonight I am going to put in a movie or audiobook and fold AND PUT AWAY about 7648 pounds of laundry. Well, that's my plan anyway.
I am hoping to make something crafty/DIY this week. I NEED to feel creative and it's been awhile. I shall stalk Pinterest AFTER I get my laundry done.

Just wanted you to know that I never did touch the laundry nor did I make anything crafty that night. I suck.

Today I watched Bel Ami and I didn't hate it. It wasn't my favorite type of movie (when will he do a Rom/Com?) but it wasn't bad. I think Obava said she hated its very being but I save that sort of loathing for Cosmopolis :|

I'm going to see a free screening of Warm Bodies (again) tonight. I am bringing my 12 yr old son and his buddy and buddy's mom. I saw it about a month ago and am curious if they made any changes since then for the actual release.
I have been saving my snack points for popcorn. I flove popcorn.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:50 pm

amynkansas wrote:
amynkansas wrote:Tonight I am going to put in a movie or audiobook and fold AND PUT AWAY about 7648 pounds of laundry. Well, that's my plan anyway.
I am hoping to make something crafty/DIY this week. I NEED to feel creative and it's been awhile. I shall stalk Pinterest AFTER I get my laundry done.

Just wanted you to know that I never did touch the laundry nor did I make anything crafty that night. I suck.

Today I watched Bel Ami and I didn't hate it. It wasn't my favorite type of movie (when will he do a Rom/Com?) but it wasn't bad. I think Obava said she hated its very being but I save that sort of loathing for Cosmopolis :|

I'm going to see a free screening of Warm Bodies (again) tonight. I am bringing my 12 yr old son and his buddy and buddy's mom. I saw it about a month ago and am curious if they made any changes since then for the actual release.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:18 pm

I was on FIRE today with the challenge accomplishments! I exercised, & actually felt great afterwards for once :D I met my water requirement AND my fruit/veggie one too :shock: it wasn't a 10 point day or anything, b/c I didn't do some of the other things :roll: but those particular ones always seem to elude me in one way or another, but today I finished all three 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:44 am

kelbel75 wrote:I was on FIRE today with the challenge accomplishments! I exercised, & actually felt great afterwards for once :D I met my water requirement AND my fruit/veggie one too :shock: it wasn't a 10 point day or anything, b/c I didn't do some of the other things :roll: but those particular ones always seem to elude me in one way or another, but today I finished all three 8-)

Woo hoo! Way to go. Good on ya Kelbel!
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:01 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:I was on FIRE today with the challenge accomplishments! I exercised, & actually felt great afterwards for once :D I met my water requirement AND my fruit/veggie one too :shock: it wasn't a 10 point day or anything, b/c I didn't do some of the other things :roll: but those particular ones always seem to elude me in one way or another, but today I finished all three 8-)

Woo hoo! Way to go. Good on ya Kelbel!

aww, thanks for the pic! he's my new incentive, I lift arm weights and do stretches while watching his tv shows 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:45 am

Mmmmmyello??? Anybody still here? Or am I hanging out alone in this corner of the flat these days?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Abs!! You're not alone!! I do stop by occasionally but not posting much b/c I've not been very religious with this challenge… though I'm doing yet another reboot today. I have given up on filling out my chart this time around but will commit to filling it out for the next challenge (see, that's why I wanted shorter challenges!!)

I find that my inspiration to keep up with the challenge plummets quickly if I don’t get to do my workouts. And life is ALWAYS getting in the way of those. Frustrating! Esp. when I see my DH doing his 2 hr workouts *every* frigging night (but then again he has dinner at 10pm :? ). What it boils down to is that I need to rearrange my schedule to find the time for my workouts and it really should happen before or after work, b/c lunchtime workouts keekp getting cancelled (for a variety of reasons).

I need to commit to a schedule, deal with the pain, and stick to it. Kind of like this picture:

So MY CHALLENGE for this weekend is to create this new schedule. Image Can someone ASK me about this next week if I don't report on my progress? Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby LCneiny » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:19 pm

amynkansas wrote:

Can't wait to see Bel Ami, not sure I care about Warm Bodies - did you like it?

YAY!!!

absolutelyvlc wrote:Mmmmmyello??? Anybody still here? Or am I hanging out alone in this corner of the flat these days?

Stupid, stupid work :( I can't play as much as I'd like to.

Muffinmom wrote:Hi Abs!! You're not alone!! I do stop by occasionally but not posting much b/c I've not been very religious with this challenge… though I'm doing yet another reboot today. I have given up on filling out my chart this time around but will commit to filling it out for the next challenge (see, that's why I wanted shorter challenges!!)

I find that my inspiration to keep up with the challenge plummets quickly if I don’t get to do my workouts. And life is ALWAYS getting in the way of those. Frustrating! Esp. when I see my DH doing his 2 hr workouts *every* frigging night (but then again he has dinner at 10pm :? ). What it boils down to is that I need to rearrange my schedule to find the time for my workouts and it really should happen before or after work, b/c lunchtime workouts keekp getting cancelled (for a variety of reasons).

So MY CHALLENGE for this weekend is to create this new schedule. Image Can someone ASK me about this next week if I don't report on my progress? Image

Don't NOT post just cuz you aren't filling out the stupid sheet!! You always have such words of encouragement and wisdom, I like when you're around :D OK we'll bug you next week on the progress of your schedule!
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby LCneiny » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:32 pm

OK what's going on with LC? I realized I have no idea what my macronutrient ratios are in a typical day and I'm curious, so I decided to track EVERYTHING I eat today in Lose It! So far with breakfast and lunch I'm at 1449 calories, 16% of that protein, 36% carb, and 48% fat. Not bad, still need a little work. I'll report back after I record my afternoon snack and dinner.

My back has been bothering me a little bit this week and I was assuming it was this crazy weather we're having in the northeast. I did 2 pretty intense workouts Tues/Wed and took last night off. This morning I was doing my usual morning yoga routine, in a simple standing stretch where I reach back in a slight backbend. Usually I have no problems with this and can stretch pretty far backwards. Well I'm not sure if I was standing wrong or what, but I reached back just a bit and felt a pop in the middle of my low back - yowza. Now I feel like an invalid, it hurts to sit, stand, or walk. I've seen my chiro already this afternoon and it helped but I have to just rest tonight and I WASN'T PLANNING ON THAT! So now I'm in pain and irritated because I was planning on doing another yoga practice tonight and a leg sculpting class tomorrow morning :x :cry: I told Mr. LC he needed to wait on me hand and foot (he didn't agree). I hope I'm okay by Sunday because I signed up for another sculpting class. Tomorrow we're going to a winery and lunch with my Mom so hopefully the walking/standing won't be painful... I'm pretty sure the wine will help though.
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:02 pm

All this talk about Bel Ami reminds me that DH owes me a pair of wireless headphones that I need in order to watch B.A. on our TV after Muffin's bedtime. You know, the ones he bought me for Xmas then returned b/c he was going to upgrade them for me. My patience is running thin...Image

LC - OMG that stinks!! Feel better soon! And 50 wet noodle lashes for Mr LC for not waiting on you hand and foot!Image
Incidentally I did yoga today - a bit tough b/c my knees are still bruised from last week's meetup with the sidewalk, but it felt wonderful to stretch.

Here's to Friday!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:44 am

Quick fly by post:
Boo for all the bumps and bruises.
LC - you should try doing some yoga after the wine tour so you're all bendy and stuff :D (ps back injuries are the worst. Well, next to papercuts of course - cuz we all know what papercuts lead to, and a life without Edward is no life at all )
I'm thinking of joining a yoga class on Saturday mornings, but the date that it starts I won't be able to make it because I have a wedding to do makeup for and another Saturday during the duration of the class (10 weeks) I have a job already booked at the same time. That means I'll miss 2 out of 10 classes - do you think it's a waste of money? I do yoga solo already, I just thought there might be some merit/benefit to doing a group session. What are your thoughts.

Ok, gotta fly, I have a job interview for a FT daytime contract. Wish me luck!
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby obava » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:07 am

I'm here, I'm here...just been wrapped up in my own little life :roll: In case you don't listen to my whining, i.e. follow me, on the Twittah, I've got a bladder infection and it's not going away so easily. :cry:

I can't catch up at this point, so YAYs for all the good things and BOOs for all the bad 8-)

WC this coming up week is Do Your Own Thang! I've had 2 good ideas for my WC but now I can't remember either of them :?

xoxo O
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby amynkansas » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:42 pm

how did the interview go Abs?
---------------------------
I DID like Warm Bodies. I also read the book before I saw the movie.
-------------------------------
I have lost a couple pounds but mostly because my DH has has the flu and I have been limited my food intake because I fear that I may be next and before I put anything into my mouth I ask myself "how will I feel about puking that up?" then I set it down and have some crackers and water instead.
-------------------------------------------
I am SOOOOOO looking forward to the Superbowl today!!!!!
Because it means that football season is officially over ;)

---------------------------------------------------------
I have been having a hard time doing nice things/making the world a better place one act at a time....but mostly because I haven't been leaving the house much. I did do my kids' laundry for them the other day, something that I don't normally do. Does that count? And I sent my mom a funny card in the mail for no reason. Not sure if those acts are changing the world but it felt nice to do them. And I didn't kill or beat my DH while he had the flu. THAT has GOT to get me a point or two, right?! ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just finished Defending Jacob (a real book...audio-book edition) this morning. I thought it was quite a good read. I would rec it to a friend. But now I need a book to start. I don't like to be without a book. It just feels like something isn't right. I might start The Sea of Tranquility..... but I hear that I will cry and stuff so it's hard to willingly cause myself pain....but I guess I shouldn't think that way because I LOVED The Fault in Our Stars and I was a mess of tears and snot during that book..... but I am a better person for reading it. #AugustusWaters #swoon
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have also been reading A Quiet Storm (FF) and listening to Water for Elephants (one of my go-to books that I listen to often when I go to bed. Jacob Jankowski, via narrator Dave LeDoux, reads me to sleep at least once a week.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:53 pm

YIKES!!!!!!! I didn't wish KELBEL a happy birthday yesterday. I hope you DO give second chances.......

Hope you had a great day!!!!
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:22 pm

amynkansas wrote:YIKES!!!!!!! I didn't wish KELBEL a happy birthday yesterday. I hope you DO give second chances.......

Hope you had a great day!!!!

this is an awesome cake! 8-) and you're in luck, I DO give out second chances ;) :D

p.s. if you feel the need to discuss "Quiet Storm", I'm your girl! it's my fav fanfic :)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:14 pm

HAPPY BELATED KELBEL!
Enjoy some birthday cupcake :)

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:50 pm

amynkansas wrote:---------------------------------------------------------
I have been having a hard time doing nice things/making the world a better place one act at a time....but mostly because I haven't been leaving the house much. I did do my kids' laundry for them the other day, something that I don't normally do. Does that count? And I sent my mom a funny card in the mail for no reason. Not sure if those acts are changing the world but it felt nice to do them. And I didn't kill or beat my DH while he had the flu. THAT has GOT to get me a point or two, right?! ;)

Fun mail 'just because' is always a good thing. I know it always makes me smile. =) Good deeds don't have to be world-changing. If they just make one person smile, then that's still improving the world.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:23 pm

KELBEL!! Just got on the 'puter today and saw I missed your big day!! Hope you had a lovely day yesterday and got blow some candles:

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser