Go to footer

Breaking Dawn 2 Discussion - SPOILERS

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Breaking Dawn 2 Discussion - SPOILERS

Postby Kay Kay » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:
And it was also awkward during the credits when everyone cheered for PFach...then Tay Tay...then SO LOUD for Rob....then silence for Stewy. I mean, no one yelled anything but it was a loaded silence. I felt a little bad for Kristen. Not that bad though, she'll be juuuuuust fine.

You should have been with us. Cheers in the opening and closing credits for Rob and Tay. Silence for KS- unless you count my movie BFF who loudly said "WHORE". I almost dropped my popcorn. And she looked at me and said "Well she is...."

I was in a rented out theater where there were only 30 of us. During Eclipse when Bella was macking on Jacob before the big fight I *may* have yelled out "oh, this seems fimiliar!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: At least Bella kissed Jake on an isolated snowy mountain top. Take notes everyone! This is how it's done!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:42 pm

toooldforthis wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:I agree with everything that has been said!

I'm going to say the fight scene isn't necessarily a *twist* per se since the book wasn't *actually* changed. Alice does have a vision (though I don't remember if she actually touched Aro or not) but it does a better job of explaining why Aro suddenly wants to back off. In the books, he's cornered by logic and HAS to leave or expose himself as corrupt. And while that still true, I think it was also necessary to see that he was to nervous to push it. That said, I LOVE that they just went fucking CRAZY with it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The book nerd in me, though, wanted to yell in the theater ALICE CAN'T SEE WOLVES SHE WOULDN'T SEE IT THIS IS WRONG!" But it was too much fun and I like it so....who cares? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: I did get emotional when the puppies got hurt. :cry: :cry: :cry:

You're right! I didn't even think of that. You are a nerd! :ugeek:
And I love you for it. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I"m surprised SM signed off on it. I'm sure she was bullied with "but your book is boring."
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:58 pm

JodieO wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Wait wait wait....

So the 'big battle scene' was all just Alice's vision? Do they then just shake hands and walk off for realsies like they do in the book?

We have a winner.

Are you motherfucking kidding me? They went and Newhart'ed the whole thing? I want to see it even less now.

I am sorry that turned you off to it even more because I LOVED it. I can't wait to see it again. And again. And again.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:33 pm

mandaliz wrote:
JodieO wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:[quote="JodieO"

Wait wait wait....

So the 'big battle scene' was all just Alice's vision? Do they then just shake hands and walk off for realsies like they do in the book?[/quote

We have a winner.

Are you motherfucking kidding me? They went and Newhart'ed the whole thing? I want to see it even less now.

I am sorry that turned you off to it even more because I LOVED it. I can't wait to see it again. And again. And again.

Yeah, I really don't want to damper anyone's enthusiasm for it, but I think that whole thing is a bit of a cop-out. *shrug* I'm glad that everyone else is enjoying it, though! =)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby mandaliz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:05 pm

JodieO wrote:
mandaliz wrote:
JodieO wrote:Are you motherfucking kidding me? They went and Newhart'ed the whole thing? I want to see it even less now.

Yeah, I really don't want to damper anyone's enthusiasm for it, but I think that whole thing is a bit of a cop-out. *shrug* I'm glad that everyone else is enjoying it, though! =)

I guess I saw it as more of a best of both options: for those who thought that the almost-battle was too damn boring they get a battle scene with major losses, for those who want it to stay true to the book they get all their characters home safe.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Muffinmom » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:28 pm

I *mostly* avoided the spoilers but so glad I got to see enough to know the battle scene wasn't real - I can't stand suspense like that!

JJenks looked NOTHING like what I'd imagined LOL! But also agree I liked how they streamlined his role.
I was happily shocked to see some kind of emotion on Kristen's face -granted she can only show anger but STILL I'll take it
Rob was... just dreamy *sigh*...!!
I liked how they streamlined the scene where Irina sees Renesemee
Agreed that it was nice seeing Jacob being funny
Felt like they rushed a bit the parts that showed Bella had trouble with her thirst - esp. with her dad. Even if they had Jasper do the token "you've got great control for a newborn" comment.
I liked how they showed Bella suddenly realizing she's got enhanced senses at the beginning.
I thought it was weird how they had NO one from the family there to welcome her when she woke up
Loved the special effect for Bella's power, that was cool!
And the end with a recap of all the characters was lovely. I was cracking up when a bunch of (I assume) teens went wild with TayTay's pic.

Now I gotta see it again - gotta figure out when!
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:10 pm

[quote/]I guess I saw it as more of a best of both options: for those who thought that the almost-battle was too damn boring they get a battle scene with major losses, for those who want it to stay true to the book they get all their characters home safe.[/quote]

It was kind of like the scene in War Games where everything gets "blown up" but it was just the computer simulation.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby guitargirl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:09 pm

My friend and I went to see this before our girls weekend away, and considering I HATED the storyline in the book, I have to admit that I liked the film.

Negatives. I didn't feel ANY connection between Bella, Edward and Renesmee AT ALL in the first half of the movie, and I was struggling to see the connection between Bella and Edwards relationship. The first half of the film was very choppy and rushed, and Edwards voice in the cheesy opening lines (we're the same temperature now) was creeptastic and he sounded like he had laryngitis. :? HOWEVER.....

Positives. I thought the sex scene was good, though I would have liked to see more passion throughout the movie. Apart from the one scene, Vampire sex was sadly missing. :cry: I liked Bella as a vamp, she acted the 'predator' side of her character well.

I twigged pretty much straight away (once Carlisle was killed) that it was Alices vision. Having said that, the whole scene made me gasp in horror, and I LOVED that they went totally OTT with it! British cinemas are pretty quiet, with virtually no audience participation, but that scene did get a hearty clap. I think everyone was pretty impressed. The way Jacob's grief was portrayed (when he was a wolf when Seth was killed) made me full on want to snot cry which was also impressive. There were no cheers or boos for any of the cast, as that doesn't really happen over here. (Not where I live anyway. :lol: :lol: )

The entire cast credits at the end, made me tear up as EVERY one was mentioned. Overall, the film was SO much better than I thought it was going to be. Win. :)
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby toooldforthis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:28 pm

I finally saw it this morning with my mom. I have to say it didn't suck. I actually laughed with the movie instead of at it.

Here's something you never hear people say: The movie was better than the book!
I've never kept it a secret that I hated this book. But the movie made it not so bad.

- Finally, finally, finally the love triange is O.V.E.R. I hate love triangles - in any book. So now that whole mess is over we finally got a fully realized E/B. After four angst-ridden movies filled with oh-my-god-i-love-you-but-i-want-to-kill-you-have-sex-with-me-but-i-might-hurt-you nonsense we get full on E/B love. And AT LAST we get playful Edward! He's finally a normal guy (translation: he actually makes the first move and wants to get laid).

- The imprint is still creepy, but huge kudos to Melissa Rosenburg and Bill Condon for really playing it down. One of the things I hated about the book is the fact that Edward was pretty much shoved to the back while Jacob got to play daddy/future husband (shudder :? ). And Book Renesemee seemed to want Jacob all the time and didn't care about her father. They changed that in the movie and it was a much welcomed change. They actually gave us father/daughter moments (something that was severly lacking in the books). Well played Condon. Well played.

- Loved all of the new vamps.

- The battle scene was well done and it didn't bother me at all that it was a vision. In the context of the story - it worked.
And there were gasps all around the theater when it was revealed that it was Alice's vision. I guess not everyone is as big a spoiler whore as I am. :lol:

- Loved the opening credits set to Bella's Lullabye. It brought everything full circle.

- Wished there was more to the B/E montage at the end.

- The only unintentional laughs I had was when Aro gave his strange laugh upon meeting Renesemee. My mother and I missed the next 5 minutes completely because we were laughing so hard.
- And I still don't understand what's up with the Volturi costumes. Were they heading down to the Rose Parade after meeting up with the Cullens?

I'm actually going again later this week. Mr. Old wants to see it. I told him it wasn't bad, plus he's seen every other TW movie. (Although, I suspect he might just be kissing my ass because I've let him go up north hunting the past two weekends. ;) )
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Rob4Deb » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:28 pm

We (me and MR Deb) went to see the film on Friday. Loved every single minute of it. MR Deb LOVED it too, he thought it was brilliant!

Loved E&B, especially angry Bella at Jacob - thought she was briliant! Didn't find the CGI baby creepy, infact she looked like my friends daughter, so that was all I thought and not that she looked weird or anything! Loved Jacob's face in the car talking about the Romanians, the Vamp sex was really well done, loved seeing Rob's legs and his post sex afterglow!!! :oops: Oh and when E unbuttons her shirt and slides his hand in - ooooooh!!!!

Aro's laugh made me laugh out loud, I made Mr Deb jump in his seat I laughed so hard!!!!!!!! LOVED LOVED LOVED the battle, wasn't thinking it was ALice's vision AT ALL. I have honestly never squirmed in my seat soooo much, I could barely watch. The whole audience gasped when Carlise's head came off, and from then on I was aghast, I think I held my face with both hands with mouth wide open (while I squirmed) through the entire scene! When Edward finally flew out of the crevice I literally let out a sigh of relief! When it was revealed that it was all a vision the whole audience let out a collective "shit" and a big sigh of relief!
I really don't think it was a cop out and certainly shouldn't put anybody off going to see it, it was just exhilarating and exhausting to watch - I had sweaty palms!! Brilliant.

Can you believe people actually started to leave during the closing credits... I sat there transfixed... the ones that were left cheered for Taylor and there was lots of WOOPS for Robert (myself included :lol: ) OH and the E&B look back I think should have been much longer and I fully expected to cry but I didn't - strange!!!!!
Oh and yes, the opening credits were just beautiful. AND has anybody mentioned Pianoward? Won der ful!
Can't wait to go again on Tuesday.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rob4Deb
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby toooldforthis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Rob4Deb wrote:
Oh and when E unbuttons her shirt and slides his hand in - ooooooh!!!!

Yes!!!!! I looooved that part. Edward was so much more......aggressive and manly in this one. :twisted:

Although I think we could have used a bathtub scene.
8-)
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby SeattleLisa » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:24 pm

I am **so grateful** I didn't read any spoilers at all. I followed Obava's lead and kept my purity ring on. I'm so glad I did since I can't remember ever being so emotionally stunned in a movie as when I saw Aro holding up Carlisle's head. I thought 'Stephenie's getting her wish', as she mentioned in her rant after MS was leaked, and some of the Cullens will be killed off. I then started thinking, "but Esme can't live without Carlisle!" I was doubly horrified for Alice when Jasper bit it. Everything was happening so fast and I was feeling so awful, I never stopped to think, 'this is a vision'. (I had loathed the end of PotC3 when Will & Elizabeth were separated and thought 'it's happening again!') I sat in horror watching character after character getting killed. It never occurred to me it was a vision since Alice had removed her hand from Aro's before she donkey-kicked his ass across the field, which started it all.

For the first time in the series, I saw the movie twice in one day. I watched it alone for the first time yesterday morning but called Mr. Seattle as soon as the movie was over, asking him to not read anything on FB so he'd miss spoilers. I immediately bought tix for last night and brought him that time. Obava had told me it was going to be a snot fest so I had tissues in hand the first time around and teared up at the ending when they showed the whole cast. When Mr. Seattle was with me, I watched him cry at the end, literally wiping tears away when he saw Alice's vision of grown up Renesmee hugging Bella. When they showed the pages turning, I started bawling like a baby. Hubby put his arms around me and squeezed me tight. I'm sure everyone behind us found it weird that this (not quite?) middle aged couple was crying over all this.

I'm sad for you guys who read spoilers. That was such an amazing epic twist that played very well to both sides, while keeping true to the book. I didn't feel it was a cop out at all. Instead I thought Michael Sheen did a great job expressing his fear of dying and quieting Caius from instigating the fight. Also, during the vision, I LOVED Marcus' quiet, peaceful "finally", as he spread his arms wide before being ripped apart. I always felt sympathy for his sad character. (hmmm....did I keep Marcus and Caius' names straight? :D )

From the beginning all the novels and the movies have been such an emotional rollercoaster for me and to have Summit play that awesome trick, just kept the rollercoaster going right up to the end. I had wondered what the twist might be at the end and told Mr. Seattle it would be cool to see Stephenie typing away at the last pages of the book and I got my wish with the turning of the pages of the novel, and highlighting "forever". I felt it was one last love letter to the fans who fueled this whole thing and I was immensely grateful. I plan to see it a few more times and as usual, I'll watch in on my birthday next month.

And yes, Aro's fantastically crazy clown laugh had me cracking up loudly, in an otherwise quiet theater. And GARRETT??? Oh YUM! Please make a spin off movie with him!
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:30 am

SeattleLisa wrote:I am **so grateful** I didn't read any spoilers at all. I followed Obava's lead and kept my purity ring on. I'm so glad I did since I can't remember ever being so emotionally stunned in a movie as when I saw Aro holding up Carlisle's head. I thought 'Stephenie's getting her wish', as she mentioned in her rant after MS was leaked, and some of the Cullens will be killed off. I then started thinking, "but Esme can't live without Carlisle!" I was doubly horrified for Alice when Jasper bit it. Everything was happening so fast and I was feeling so awful, I never stopped to think, 'this is a vision'. (I had loathed the end of PotC3 when Will & Elizabeth were separated and thought 'it's happening again!') I sat in horror watching character after character getting killed. It never occurred to me it was a vision since Alice had removed her hand from Aro's before she donkey-kicked his ass across the field, which started it all.

For the first time in the series, I saw the movie twice in one day. I watched it alone for the first time yesterday morning but called Mr. Seattle as soon as the movie was over, asking him to not read anything on FB so he'd miss spoilers. I immediately bought tix for last night and brought him that time. Obava had told me it was going to be a snot fest so I had tissues in hand the first time around and teared up at the ending when they showed the whole cast. When Mr. Seattle was with me, I watched him cry at the end, literally wiping tears away when he saw Alice's vision of grown up Renesmee hugging Bella. When they showed the pages turning, I started bawling like a baby. Hubby put his arms around me and squeezed me tight. I'm sure everyone behind us found it weird that this (not quite?) middle aged couple was crying over all this.

I'm sad for you guys who read spoilers. That was such an amazing epic twist that played very well to both sides, while keeping true to the book. I didn't feel it was a cop out at all. Instead I thought Michael Sheen did a great job expressing his fear of dying and quieting Caius from instigating the fight. Also, during the vision, I LOVED Marcus' quiet, peaceful "finally", as he spread his arms wide before being ripped apart. I always felt sympathy for his sad character. (hmmm....did I keep Marcus and Caius' names straight? :D )

From the beginning all the novels and the movies have been such an emotional rollercoaster for me and to have Summit play that awesome trick, just kept the rollercoaster going right up to the end. I had wondered what the twist might be at the end and told Mr. Seattle it would be cool to see Stephenie typing away at the last pages of the book and I got my wish with the turning of the pages of the novel, and highlighting "forever". I felt it was one last love letter to the fans who fueled this whole thing and I was immensely grateful. I plan to see it a few more times and as usual, I'll watch in on my birthday next month.

And yes, Aro's fantastically crazy clown laugh had me cracking up loudly, in an otherwise quiet theater. And GARRETT??? Oh YUM! Please make a spin off movie with him!

THIS THIS THIS.
Squared.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Alexandra » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 am

I went Friday night with my movie BFF and I was surprised that the theatre wasn't full. Maybe 70% of the seats were taken. But she pointed out that it was playing on 4 or 5 screens and that we were in the theatre with reserve seating. (It cost more, but I didn't want to have to fight any teens for seats and she's way preggo, so we needed to sit on the aisle (bathroom breaks without climbing over anyone FTW.)

Here are my random thoughts:

I wasn't really expecting to be wowed. (I didn't really like the book.) But overall I was pleasantly surprised. My brother asked what I thought (He went to at least one of these movies with me and I think my girls made him watch a couple of the other ones. He's a movie lover and he went with me to see Cosmopolis.) I tried to be objective and told him that I didn't think it would win any Academy Awards, but for a Twilight movie, I thought it was good.

I have to say that the opening scenes where they are running in the forest were lame. Really, we have to wait 2 years from filming and these are the best special effects they can manage? The running stuff looked so fake and goofy. :roll:

Creepy CGI baby was creepy and weird.

Thankfully, the wolves no longer talk to each other when they are in wolf form. Yay!

It was enjoyable to see Rob playing Edward as kind of - dare I say - happy? I liked the scene where B kicked Jacob's ass and Edward just stood there smirking and enjoying the moment.

Can someone please wrap Garrett up for me? Because I'll take him home right now. LOVED Garrett. LOVED. ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Benjamin was cute too. :D

I managed to remanin spoiler free - which is huge for me. Unprecedented even. When Carlisle died, I was surprised. There were gasps in the theatre. When Jasper's head got ripped off, I was :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :( :( :( . . . . I was relieved when they revealed that it was just one of Alice's visions. But (someone above mentioned this and I'm too lazy to click back and see who) how was Alice able to see past the wolves for her vision???? That part still doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't they stay true to the canon in the books and previous movies? But yeah, overall I like it.

I like that they included everyone in the closing credits. I mentioned above, cheers from the audience for Tay and Ron and silence for KS except for my movie BFF who announced "WHORE!" - out loud.
Last edited by Alexandra on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:56 am

On Saturday morning my work friend (the one who is perpetually depressed) called and said she wanted to go see it that morning and no one would go with her. She was all kinds of sad. So I told her I'd go and I didn't mention that I'd seen it the night before. It turns out that Saturday morning tickets to see new movies are $5. So I went with her and took my girls along - since I'd already checked it out and deemed it okay for them to see. The theatre was pretty crowded, and when they started the trailers the sound went out. People started loosing their minds. Yelling at the screen and a couple of folks stomped out to complain loudly. Eventually, they got it working.

The girls were funny. My 12 yr old was visibly shocked when Carlisle died, she was meh about Jasper. . . but she was near tears for Seth. Apparently she and her sister are both Team Seth! When it became clear that it was Alice's vision, she said "Oh, Seth didn't die. Yay!" They also both decided that they liked the "Creepy Romanian Dudes" and loved Benjamin.

There was a funny moment during Bella's little serious pre-battle talk with Ness in the tent, it was all quiet and someone on the other side of the theatre either blew their nose with a honking sound or broke wind really loudly. Either way everyone in the theatre cracked up at that point and Beller's serious talk was ignored.

The theatre was mostly quiet, even during the closing credits/tribute to the cast. Both of my girls cheered for Boo Boo.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:03 pm

I went to see the movie today. I was really hesitant about going b/c if I never saw it, then it wouldn't be over, ya know? :( there were only 8 people in my cinema, so that was cool 8-) and only one guy, who came with his girl; I'm so glad he came b/c he inadvertently kept me quite entertained! he laughed at all the jokes (all us girls were completely silent, except for our sniffles...oh and after 30 MINUTES of previews when I loudly grumbled "Jesus Christ! start the movie already!" :oops: ) he was the only one who seemed to have a WTF? moment too, during which he asked loudly "what the hell?!" when it was revealed to just be a vision :P my favorite thing that he did tho was before the movie started his girl left to go to the bathroom, and he started eating their popcorn out of the bag...with only his mouth :lol: then when she came back he handed her the bag and she started eating it, I cracked up laughing and he turned around and looked at me :P I just raised my eyebrow at him and then looked at the girl happily munching the popcorn, and he quickly turned back around :twisted: okay, so on to my thoughts of the actual movie:

*where was Bill Condon during the first three movies? seriously! 8-)
*I really liked KS as Bella this time around, I could tell that she was acting & she did a good job :D (we had no clapping during our credits, but the fact that people can't separate her from the character is unfortunate :| )
*I thought the CGI baby was cute and not creepy at all. the effects made her seem ethereal & otherworldly.
*I liked the book to begin with, so I liked this movie as well ;) but these last two captured "my" Edward. he's not in constant pain 24/7 :roll: plus I'm not sure if rob does it on purpose, but I hate how he never looks at Bella when he's talking to her, his eye-line is always off to the side somewhere :? this time was much better 8-)
*the very beginning with the cuddling and love scene: perfect. I repeat: PERFECT! :D
*while the "twist" was fun, I still think it was just an unnecessary marketing ploy :roll:
*fucking Shannon was a crybaby in LOST and she still is in BD2 :roll: :P
*Aro's laugh was...interesting. I wish he would've just told Caius to STFU tho ;)
*I loved the addition of all the new characters :D tho I'm not on the Garrett bandwagon like everyone else seems to be. truthfully he reminded me of a cross between Nic Cage & Russell Brand :P
*I was expecting more from the fluffy ending. the flashbacks from Twi were sentimental, but the ones from the other movies felt flat to me :|
*confession: when Jake stripped for charlie, I felt some tingles :shock: I think it was the underwear :P
*while the hugging scene with charlie and Bella was so sweet & made me miss my dad, Bella needed to look like she was struggling with his scent there ;)
*and last but not least: I want to be Alice when I grow up 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Alexandra wrote:The girls were funny. My 12 yr old was visibly shocked when Carlisle died, she was meh about Jasper. . . but she was near tears for Seth. Apparently she and her sister are both Team Seth! When it became clear that it was Alice's vision, she said "Oh, Seth didn't die. Yay!" They also both decided that they liked the "Creepy Romanian Dudes" and loved Benjamin.

me too! it's so sad when animals get hurt :( I too really liked the Romanians & Benjamin :D I like Zafrina and Alistair as well, and even found myself feeling for Tanya :)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
*I really liked KS as Bella this time around, I could tell that she was acting & she did a good job :D (we had no clapping during our credits, but the fact that people can't separate her from the character is unfortunate :| )

*fucking Shannon was a crybaby in LOST and she still is in BD2 :roll: :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: High praise indeed! ;)

I HATE SHANNON! (I also hated her in Taken, so I'm not sure if it's her or her acting or her character choices). I also hated Boone and thought he was a whiny little pain in the ass and he's the reason I was so reluctant to start watching TVD... :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby toooldforthis » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:54 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
*I was expecting more from the fluffy ending. the flashbacks from Twi were sentimental, but the ones from the other movies felt flat to me :|

I thought the montage could have been longer. I kept thinking about the leg hitch, the proposal, him rescuing her from James, the slo-mo walk across the parking lot in NM..... I mean, I liked it but I wanted it to be a tad bit longer (twss!).

And the opening credits got to me. When I heard Bella's Lullabye start playing, I got a little verklempt. :( It immediately took me back to the piano scene in Twilight. Which made me realize how much a part of my life this series has been for the last 4 years. And now it's over. :cry: I actually thought I was ready for it to be over, but now that it is
I kind of have a hankering to go back and read the books again. :o

And it's not just the books and the movies. I started thinking about discovering LTT/LTR for the first time and reading Moon and UC's letters everyday and laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks. It was all so much fun!!
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:51 am

toooldforthis wrote:
And the opening credits got to me. When I heard Bella's Lullabye start playing, I got a little verklempt. :( It immediately took me back to the piano scene in Twilight. Which made me realize how much a part of my life this series has been for the last 4 years. And now it's over. :cry: I actually thought I was ready for it to be over, but now that it is
I kind of have a hankering to go back and read the books again. :o

And it's not just the books and the movies. I started thinking about discovering LTT/LTR for the first time and reading Moon and UC's letters everyday and laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks. It was all so much fun!!

Me too. I am rereading MS right now and plan to continue on & reread the series next.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby toooldforthis » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:41 am

mandaliz wrote:Me too. I am rereading MS right now and plan to continue on & reread the series next.

What is it with this series? Everyone who loves it pretty much agrees that it's not well written and it's fluff but we just can't stop. It's so addicting.
It's like our own brand of heroin. <----- Sorry, I kind of hate myself for that. :lol:
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Rob4Deb » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Wasn't sure where to post this - but it so needs putting somewhere... so much Rob Porn!!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Rob4Deb
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby LittleSecrets » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:31 pm

toooldforthis wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

[color=#800000]I thought the montage could have been longer. I kept thinking about the leg hitch, the proposal, him rescuing her from James, the slo-mo walk across the parking lot in NM..... I mean, I liked it but I wanted it to be a tad bit longer (twss!).

Yes to these. Also? Why did so many of the flashbacks seem to focus on Bella? If she was showing him what she saw, then shouldn't they have included just him? Picky, I know :oops: I did like the montage, it was just a thought I had.
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby Rob4Deb » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:35 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

[color=#800000]I thought the montage could have been longer. I kept thinking about the leg hitch, the proposal, him rescuing her from James, the slo-mo walk across the parking lot in NM..... I mean, I liked it but I wanted it to be a tad bit longer (twss!).

Yes to these. Also? Why did so many of the flashbacks seem to focus on Bella? If she was showing him what she saw, then shouldn't they have included just him? Picky, I know :oops: I did like the montage, it was just a thought I had.

I liked that they seemed to centre on Bella being without Edward in NM... hence showing her in her catatonic state, and when she almost drowned. I seemed to notice a lack of Eclipse scenes...were there even any there? Going again tonight so I must remember to check that out! Also have to check out where the soundtrack fits into the film, I downloaded the album after I'd seen the film, and can only remember a couple!
Rob4Deb
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Ok, so to avoid being a total killjoy I'm going to spoiler my review. If you are still in your BD2 afterglow you may want to pretend there is no spoiler box there and skip to the bottom.

Yeah, sorry, I wish I'd enjoyed the movie as much as the rest of you. I really do. But I feel like this movie is proof positive that they didn't need to make BD into two films. I found myself thinking 'get the fuck ON with it!' through most of the movie and darn near fell asleep at one point.

I did like Jacob's little striptease, but mainly that's because of Billy B. I wish there had been more of him. I wish Charlie Swan would get a spin off series. Though I thought he should have had a bigger reaction to realizing Renensnennesseeeme wasn't just an adopted niece.

I'm glad they compressed all that J. Jenks business.

I wish when I had a big O that my hair would dissolve into sparkles like Bella's does.

Thank goodness for Jasper's hair. Where was that hair for the past 3 movies???

The TWIST scene makes more sense in the context of the movie, but I still think it was a bit of a cop-out. I hate 'it was all just a dream' scenes in things. HATE.

That being said I thought it was amusing when there was no audience reaction whatsoever to all the deaths. Dead silence. Until Seth was 'killed' and then there was some horrified muttering.

Bella and Jane staring into the middle of a battlefield staring at things was hilARious and I had to bite my lip harder than KStew to keep from guffawing. As well as Edward swinging Bella around by the leg. Really? NNnnnggggh.

I wonder how long Charlie was lusting after his bestie's wife...

I could NOT take the Egyptian vampires seriously at all. Especially Stuckey the albino from Law & Order SVU. I had to bite my lip not to laugh at them, too. My lip is very sore today.

Thank goodness for Lee Pace. I wonder how he got roped into this movie...

And Michael Sheen. I'd like to give that man a handshake.

I miss Dimitri.

Except for a few scenes here and there I thought it was kind of boring and if I never see it again that'll be fine by me.

It was great!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other