Go to footer

Anniversary Thursday

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Anniversary Thursday

Postby unintendedchoice » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:14 pm

AHHH Okay I am responding here before I see the anniversary site, but you girls are SOOO amazing! THANK YOU for all your sweet words & memories. I'm so glad you found LTT/LTR/The Forum & most importantly EACH OTHER!!

Thanks for being the ONLY reason we could blog for 3 mother effing years. Cuz damn... 3 years.. I can't believe it. I could have... a 3 year old by now
(I'm so smart)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo forever and ever and always
unintendedchoice
Head Bitches in Charge

Postby SeattleLisa » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Yay, Jodie!

SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby LCneiny » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:32 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY UC AND MOON!!

I love this place...it's so much more than a Twilight/Rob fansite for me now. I come to hear what everyone's doing - good days, bad days, jobs, kids pets, healthy eating - and stay for the snark, love, and support. It's cool (or normal) to have a place to come to and brag about the good stuff and cry about the bad stuff and know no matter what, there's someone out there to help you or cheer you on.

I came to this site because I was reading the Lexicon and they mentioned the fansites that were chosen to meet Steph. I clicked on all the links and closed all of them within a few minutes, EXCEPT for LTT. I was drawn to the witty sarcasm, then I read through the archives and laughed hysterically. I found the forum a little while later when they were pimping the Biggest Loser challenge thread, so I created a user name and joined. I was so scared to venture out into the daily thread, I would lurk and think that I couldn't play with everyone because you're so tight and have all these inside jokes and are FUNNY and witty and.... yeah basically I was Wayne's World "I'm not worthy." I do remember the first day I posted in the daily thread, someone made the comment that no one in the challenge thread comes to the daily thread and I said something like, well hey I guess I picked a good day to check you out! And everyone was so welcoming and I felt so happy (cheeseball alert).

The people I remember the most from the beginning days are D_E, Jodie, l40s, Gia, Manda, cdubs, and SeattleLisa. My first run-in was with SeattleLisa, I posted something about True Blood without a spoiler and got a virtual hand-slap! I was so scared I'd be banned and avoided posting for a few days. :lol: I still get those whyyyy don't people like me and respond to my posts moments but then I realize we're all here for the love. I've had the privilege of meeting cdubs, Ria, and even our Australian flatmate CarrieCee in RL. Funny how I met all of them on work trips! Hopefully I'll be able to meet more of you in the future!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby SeattleLisa » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:41 pm

LCneiny wrote:HAPPY ANNIVERSARY UC AND MOON!!

I love this place...it's so much more than a Twilight/Rob fansite for me now. I come to hear what everyone's doing - good days, bad days, jobs, kids pets, healthy eating - and stay for the snark, love, and support. It's cool (or normal) to have a place to come to and brag about the good stuff and cry about the bad stuff and know no matter what, there's someone out there to help you or cheer you on.

I came to this site because I was reading the Lexicon and they mentioned the fansites that were chosen to meet Steph. I clicked on all the links and closed all of them within a few minutes, EXCEPT for LTT. I was drawn to the witty sarcasm, then I read through the archives and laughed hysterically. I found the forum a little while later when they were pimping the Biggest Loser challenge thread, so I created a user name and joined. I was so scared to venture out into the daily thread, I would lurk and think that I couldn't play with everyone because you're so tight and have all these inside jokes and are FUNNY and witty and.... yeah basically I was Wayne's World "I'm not worthy." I do remember the first day I posted in the daily thread, someone made the comment that no one in the challenge thread comes to the daily thread and I said something like, well hey I guess I picked a good day to check you out! And everyone was so welcoming and I felt so happy (cheeseball alert).

The people I remember the most from the beginning days are D_E, Jodie, l40s, Gia, Manda, cdubs, and SeattleLisa. My first run-in was with SeattleLisa, I posted something about True Blood without a spoiler and got a virtual hand-slap! I was so scared I'd be banned and avoided posting for a few days. :lol: I still get those whyyyy don't people like me and respond to my posts moments but then I realize we're all here for the love. I've had the privilege of meeting cdubs, Ria, and even our Australian flatmate CarrieCee in RL. Funny how I met all of them on work trips! Hopefully I'll be able to meet more of you in the future!!!

Damn! I STILL feel bad for making you feel bad! I'm so sorry about that! You are lovely and wonderful and WANTED/NEEDED HERE! I'm so glad I didn't (accidentally) scare you off. A thousand apologies. :D

SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby LCneiny » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:45 pm

SeattleLisa wrote:

Damn! I STILL feel bad for making you feel bad! I'm so sorry about that! You are lovely and wonderful and WANTED/NEEDED HERE! I'm so glad I didn't (accidentally) scare you off. A thousand apologies. :D

OMG are you kidding me??!!! You shouldn't feel bad at all, it was me being a noob and not understanding what to do!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Lisa, I always look forward to your BBDs and the way you lift everyone up.

And even if I was still angry/upset/whatever over that whole incident, I think this photo may have just made all go away.. :shock: :shock: wowza!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Trying to write this with a double migraine-so please be forgiving. I found LTR basically through Robssesed at the very beginning, a little less than about 3 years ago. I would read every comment but was too shy to post. Then the forum started and I was upset that it was so confusing. But I found my way. So I was here at the beginning. I was here when the Robstens and Nonstens left for their own sites which was sad because they were all hilarious. But more and more members kept joining and I felt like I knew so many of you so well even though I was a Peeping Tom.

Remember Me was about to come out and there was talk about a NY meet up. It took me a week to come up with a screen name and I finally posted. It took me awhile to get used to posting since I was a complete technotard but I finally got the hang of it and it was the best decision I made. I found a group of people who found my obsession with a young British drop-dead gorgeous and funny as hell guy-normal. I was home.

Ironically, the first person I met from LTR was UC. I went to the RM meet up and walked into a restaurant full of strangers and went to go sit down. I started to introduce myself to the person sitting next to me and it was UC. She doesn't really look like her pic. I felt like I was sitting with royalty. She really didn't know who I was since I never posted on the blog and just came out of lurkdom on the flat but she was so nice. That night and the next day I met, D_E, J9, JBR, Jena, Jodie, Lindelle, Lori and LRF. Also Pange and Veddersgirl (who don't post here anymore).

Then it was off to Ca for the Eclipse premiere where I met Choking on the Dust, JenKB and Sparklepants (who don't post here anymore), JBR, Jena and L40's. Also briefly met Moon and a whole lot peeps from the LTR and LTT board.

Hooked up with Alex a few times in NY and Virgina.

Meet up with D_E, J9,and Lori when they went to see Sam play.

And the I guess you would call it strangest meetup was with VRL simply because she basically lives 5 blocks from me and we would never have met if it wasn't for this board.

Even got to meet Robz when she came in and the rest of the crew for breakfast.

Then of course the WFE premiere where JBR, Jena and VRL got to sit in the rain for 17 hours but we got to see Rob.

I even made a special trip to DC so that I could meet KK and manda and see Alex again.

And then the day I got to meet Rob again, I saw Bobby Long with D_E and VRL.

But this place is just more than perving over Rob, though on days like I 'm feeling today it certainly helps. It' a place where friends get together to talk, vent, catch up and be there for one another through the good and the bad.

So Image UC and Moon for providing us with this sanctuary and for bringing the funny on all the time.

Off to read Jodie's post.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:44 pm

JodieO wrote:I just emailed the link to UC & Moon. I hope you ladies like it! http://happyanniversaryltt.wordpress.com/

Jodes that was just perfect.

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby LittleSecrets » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:46 pm

JodieO wrote:Awwh, shucks. You're all very kind. R4L gave me a shove in the right direction and hunted down the photos and made the gifs. The Scrabble board (seriously, click on that sucker) came courtesy of Amy. =)

Thank you, everyone for your help!

Amy, did you make that board? It's fantastic!
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
LittleSecrets wrote: lovely place where I can laugh hysterically for hours while neglecting my husband, children and home :D

too true! that should be our tag-line :lol:

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:04 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:
JodieO wrote:Awwh, shucks. You're all very kind. R4L gave me a shove in the right direction and hunted down the photos and made the gifs. The Scrabble board (seriously, click on that sucker) came courtesy of Amy. =)

Thank you, everyone for your help!

Amy, did you make that board? It's fantastic!

I clicked and it is perfect. (At first I just checked out the small version and I read the words and thought to myself, "Eric? Eric Yorkie? I wonder why she included Eric?" and then on closer inspection I read it correctly "EPIC!" Yes epic is definitely a LTT/LTR appropriate word.)
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Er, don't feel bad! The first time I posted it was a pic of Bobby with a
baby
and we all know how Jodie feels about those! :? I logged onto crunk later and she was telling Pix about it. :oops: :oops: Thankfully she still loves me. :D
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:09 pm

JodieO wrote:
LittleSecrets wrote:I have an OFF TOPIC question, and since I know this is a safe place to ask stupid questions (a.k.a. I'm not on twitter so feel free to mock me there!), here it goes...

I've seen some stuff this morning about Bel Ami showing at a special event in Belgium on 1/3/2012. There was much talk about it being rated pg-13 and how this is Summit's fault. Is this really possible? Can one company really impact another's rating of a movie? I swear I'm not trying to pot-stir, I am clueless about how studios function. It seems silly to me to blame Summit for that especially when there are so many other things to throw tomatoes at them for doing.

If Summit isn't the studio attached to the film I can't imagine how the rating would be their fault. I would think it more likely that the producers of Bel Ami, in the desire to make money on the film, would want to make the film available to as many of Rob's fans as possible. Since it's generally assumed that only teenagers love Rob, they would tone down the sex to get a lower rating and sell more tickets. I could be wrong, though.

I think you hit the nail on the head Jodie. One of the reasons it's taken this long to release in the first place was because they didn't know what to do with it. The character Rob plays is unlikeable so how do you market a vile character when the actor is so likeable, you don't want to alienate his fans. If the producers felt this way to start with, why did they hire him to start with?

Where did you find this PG 13 info LS? I haven't seen it. And if it's true (sorry Gia for giving you a headache)

Last edited by BrooklynBabe on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:13 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:Er, don't feel bad! The first time I posted it was a pic of Bobby with a
baby
and we all know how Jodie feels about those! :? I logged onto crunk later and she was telling Pix about it. :oops: :oops: Thankfully she still loves me. :D

HAHA! That was so funny! I made you feel bad twice in one day! That's how I roll.

Ok, so not really. I wasn't mad, I mean, how were you supposed to know I'm the one in a million freak who is going to have a panic attack when confronted with a photo of an infant? Once I'd stopped hyperventilating I thought it was pretty funny.

And yes, I do. =)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:14 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:
JodieO wrote:
LittleSecrets wrote:I have an OFF TOPIC question, and since I know this is
a safe place to ask stupid questions (a.k.a. I'm not on twitter so feel free to mock me there!), here it goes...

I've seen some stuff this morning about Bel Ami showing at a special event in Belgium on 1/3/2012. There was much talk about it being rated pg-13 and how this is Summit's fault. Is this really possible? Can one company really impact another's rating of a movie? I swear I'm not trying to pot-stir, I am clueless about how studios function. It seems silly to me to blame Summit for that especially when there are so many other things to throw tomatoes at them for doing.

If Summit isn't the studio attached to the film I can't imagine how the rating would be their fault. I would think it more likely that the producers of Bel Ami, in the desire to make money on the film, would want to make the film available to as many of Rob's fans as possible. Since it's generally assumed that only teenagers love Rob, they would tone down the sex to get a lower rating and sell more tickets. I could be wrong, though.

I think you hit the nail on the head Jodie. One of the reasons it's taken this long to release in the first place was because they didn't know what to do with it. The character Rob plays is unlikeable so how do you market a vile character when the actor is so likeable, you don't want to alienate his fans. If the producers felt this way to start with, why did they hire him to start with?

Where did you find this PG 13 info LS? I haven't seen it. And if it's true (sorry Gia for giving you a headache)

Yikes! I didn't have a seizure from watching BD, but this flashing Blasphemy just might cause one. My eyes hurt. 8-) I spoiler boxed that sucker.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:16 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:Er, don't feel bad! The first time I posted it was a pic of Bobby with a
baby

How could she not? I mean what's not to love?
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Alexandra wrote:Yikes! I didn't have a seizure from watching BD, but this flashing Blasphemy just might cause one. My eyes hurt. 8-) I spoiler boxed that sucker.

Thank you!

I'm beginning to suspect that these blinkies are the cause of your migraines, BB!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:20 pm

JodieO wrote:I just emailed the link to UC & Moon. I hope you ladies like it! http://happyanniversaryltt.wordpress.com/

This is so great! I feel bad that I didn't contribute (because I'm a lazy ass that doesn't do anything) but you said it all perfectly! It's such a beautiful letter!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:27 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Yikes! I didn't have a seizure from watching BD, but this flashing Blasphemy just might cause one. My eyes hurt. 8-) I spoiler boxed that sucker.

Thank you!

I'm beginning to suspect that these blinkies are the cause of your migraines, BB!

Didn't think to spoiler box it, going back to edit my post. Actually I think the blinkie is getting rid of this migraine. Must try it next time. :lol:
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Rob wants to go play here.

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:34 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been a very active member on the actual LTT/LTR because my computer HATES those site, sadly. But once upon a time when I was unemployed and out of school, I used to stay up till 5 am so that I could be the FIRST to comment and every article! (They were posted 8am Eastern time) I think I showed up around June 2009 or right after Stephenie Meyer herself recommended them on her blog. (Now that I think on it, I kinda miss my little purple puff monster icon :? :cry: )

I was a lurker here in the forum for quite some time and finally, FINALLY decided to post around March 2010. I remember it was around my birthday and BB was my first friend on here! I think I crashed Crunk that day (the day of the infamous-creepy-probably SM-lurker- "It's been a pleasure, ladies" -and never looked back! You all have been such a joy to get to know and meet! You are such great women that are so ready to lend advice, support, congratulations, or just be plain silly. This is such a great place and I feel blessed that through LTT/LTR I've been able to find great friends.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Kay Kay wrote:HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been a very active member on the actual LTT/LTR because my computer HATES those site, sadly. But once upon a time when I was unemployed and out of school, I used to stay up till 5 am so that I could be the FIRST to comment and every article! (They were posted 8am Eastern time) I think I showed up around June 2009 or right after Stephenie Meyer herself recommended them on her blog. (Now that I think on it, I kinda miss my little purple puff monster icon :? :cry: )

I was a lurker here in the forum for quite some time and finally, FINALLY decided to post around March 2010. I remember it was around my birthday and BB was my first friend on here! I think I crashed Crunk that day (the day of the infamous-creepy-probably SM-lurker- "It's been a pleasure, ladies" -and never looked back! You all have been such a joy to get to know and meet! You are such great women that are so ready to lend advice, support, congratulations, or just be plain silly. This is such a great place and I feel blessed that through LTT/LTR I've been able to find great friends.

That's so sweet that you remember that. :D

For you:
And for me:

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:25 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's so sweet that you remember that. :D

For you:
And for me:

Of course I remember! I was still going to grad school and you were on my ass about wedding favors and doing my damn thesis! It was you and divine intervention that I finished either. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And, that is a splendid picture. Splendid!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby BakingNath » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:02 pm

Happy Anniversary (et Joyeux Anniversaire) LTT, LTR and UC and Moon by association.
Like some others said : thank you for providing this place where being "Normal" and a Twi/Rob fan is possible !!

I don t remember exactly how i found LTT/ LTR.. i dont even remember which one i found first. But i remember it was after the "Summer of Remember Me " i had previously been hooked by Twi and Rob around the times of Cannes .. I also remember that i read all the posts that had been made at the time, going backwards, and backwards... And it was LTR that also got me hooked on fanfiction (seriously my life has never been the same since.... i buy much less books than before :) )
For the forum, i lurked a bit, but i was really intimidated... and around a year later i finally got the courage to post a comment and don t regret it a bit.
So thank you UC and Moon and all the mods and all the flatmate for making this place a peaceful, funny, pretty, friendly one :D

I some others already said too : Jodie the anniversary page is perfect !!
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby BakingNath » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Ok, I need to vent, so be careful, rant ahead :
This evening when going out of work i discovered that someone managed to "scrape"+ bump 2 of the doors of my car where it was parked in the corporate parkings !! I have been told that i am lucky because he left a note with a "I am sorry" message and his name and number so that i ll contact him tomorrow to discuss insurance and all, but i am MAD : is it that difficult to be careful when you drive out of your parking place ??!! It is NOT a light scrape & bump ! Ad my car is new : she s barely 1 year old !! And i have not really time to handle that at the moment !! So i am MAD !!! Grrrr ! :x :twisted:
There, i am done... thanks for reading :D
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:15 pm

BakingNath wrote:Ok, I need to vent, so be careful, rant ahead :
This evening when going out of work i discovered that someone managed to "scrape"+ bump 2 of the doors of my car where it was parked in the corporate parkings !! I have been told that i am lucky because he left a note with a "I am sorry" message and his name and number so that i ll contact him tomorrow to discuss insurance and all, but i am MAD : is it that difficult to be careful when you drive out of your parking place ??!! It is NOT a light scrape & bump ! Ad my car is new : she s barely 1 year old !! And i have not really time to handle that at the moment !! So i am MAD !!! Grrrr ! :x :twisted:
There, i am done... thanks for reading :D

Yes that is totally infuriating. You have every right to rant and be mad. Hopefully, it won't take as much to fix it as you think and he'll pay up quickly. Sorry for your ruined evening.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 2011