Go to footer

RC11 Part Deux

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: RC11 Part Deux

Postby mandaliz » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:04 pm

amynkansas wrote:And since we can't name our favorite FanFiction (Emancipation Proclomation, With Teeth, Dead On My Feet, Wide Awake, Clipped Wings and Inked Armor, Misapprehension of Bella Swan)

Holla! Most of those are on my fave list too! (Have you started Holding Out for You? It's fluffy sweetness, not the angsty UST/lemony goodness I normally go for, but it's not bad.)
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby cedvanhalen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Imma go ahead and do this now before I leave for the next couple of days. Also, I should be packing and printing off plane tickets and calling the hotel right now, but whatever.

HI! I'm Whitney. I never know what all to say in these intro posts. I leave for Florida at the shit-crack of dawn tomorrow morning. Umm, I have a doggy Luna who was freaking out last night because it was storming here. She has to stay with my mom for the rest of the week, and I'm not really sure who is more nervous.

Do I really have to pick a favorite book?! Well, most of you are probably expecting me to say Harry Potter, which is totally true (umm, I go to Hogwarts on Wednesday :D ). The Wizard of Oz is also a fave; pretty sure I have about 10 copies of that book. To Kill a Mockingbird and The Great Gatsby are also good ones. And The Hunger Games. Cause I loooooove Peeta.

Ok, now I really do have to go finish laundry so I have clean clothes to take and other fun stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
Because Silly Face Rob= Best Rob.
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby cdubs » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Amy, I am in love, again, and I kind of blame you a little bit. I wasn't sure if it was the voice, the character or the vague visuals of Rob as Jacob, but I love Jacob, now, I'm in love with Sam and I'm pretty sure it's the voice. I want that man to whisper sweet nothings in my ears. I had to look him up, his name is David Ledoux. I scoured the interwebz for info of him, but other than the fact he's read a shiton of books and won an award for a series he did (apparently they have book narrator awards) I can find nothing. I did find one picture where to my dismay he does not look that cute, at least not as much as in my head. I must know more about that man and then track him down so I can marry him.
What's this?
mandaliz wrote:(Have you started Holding Out for You? It's fluffy sweetness, not the angsty UST/lemony goodness I normally go for, but it's not bad.)

And did any of you listen to me and start Friday's @ Noon?
Ok, so for you kindle people, help an ignorant sister out. I have a kindle app on my phone, but have never bought any kindle books. What can I do with it? Can I rig pdf's into kindle docs? How does that work?
kelbel75 wrote:I find that I like room-temperature water best
I too prefer room temperature water, i wish i would like ice cold water, since your body burns calories while "warming it up" but I just can't do it...bbbbbrrrrrrrr!
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby Alexandra » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:48 pm

cdubs wrote:Amy, I am in love, again, and I kind of blame you a little bit. I wasn't sure if it was the voice, the character or the vague visuals of Rob as Jacob, but I love Jacob, now, I'm in love with Sam and I'm pretty sure it's the voice. I want that man to whisper sweet nothings in my ears. I had to look him up, his name is David Ledoux. I scoured the interwebz for info of him, but other than the fact he's read a shiton of books and won an award for a series he did (apparently they have book narrator awards) I can find nothing. I did find one picture where to my dismay he does not look that cute, at least not as much as in my head. I must know more about that man and then track him down so I can marry him.
What's this?
mandaliz wrote:(Have you started Holding Out for You? It's fluffy sweetness, not the angsty UST/lemony goodness I normally go for, but it's not bad.)

Ok, so for you kindle people, help an ignorant sister out. I have a kindle app on my phone, but have never bought any kindle books. What can I do with it? Can I rig pdf's into kindle docs? How does that work?
kelbel75 wrote:I find that I like room-temperature water best
I too prefer room temperature water, i wish i would like ice cold water, since your body burns calories while "warming it up" but I just can't do it...bbbbbrrrrrrrr!

I'm a complete technotard. But I love my kindle. Head over to the chat and talk with R4L and L40s. They can hook you up. :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby mandaliz » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:03 pm

cdubs wrote:What's this?

HOFY is a FF I'm reading. E is widower with 2 kids, B is newly divorced with 1 kid. It's quite fluffy & sweet. I'm enjoying it, though it's not really my bag. You know I love me some angst. Can't get enough of it. So far this is generally angst free or at least very low on the angst meter. I have not started Friday's At Noon yet. i booked marked it to read then forgot that you were the one to recc it. For the past 2 days I've been trying to remember which one you said and was about to ask you which one you told me to read. I'll go load it on my kindle in a second.

I asked R4L about reading pdf/ff on my kindle app on my phone before I got my kindle for Christmas and she said it wasn't possible to do it with pdf. If I put a pdf on my kindle the writing is super small & even if I adjust the font size that just makes it so the whole page won't fir on my screen. So I now convert the pdf into kindle format with some program I downloaded. You could try saving a ff in kindle format to your phone but I m pretty sure it still won't work. I'll email you a story in kindle format for you to test it though. Any particular one you want? I think the kindle phone app my only work with actual paid for books. If you go to the kindle lending thread there are a list of books we can all share. For example I can loan you (or anyone interested in reading them but can only loan them to one person at a time) the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy books. Well it will be a trilogy when the 3rd book comes out, which I think is this summer.

Edited to add: Is Fridays At Noon complete? I'll still read it if it's not, just won't put it on the kindle unless it's complete.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Alexandra » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Stupid question: So if I get my skim milk in the form of a Mocha (with chocolate and coffee) from Starbucks, does that count? Do I still earn my milk point?
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby cdubs » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Alexandra wrote:Stupid question: So if I get my skim milk in the form of a Mocha (with chocolate and coffee) from Starbucks, does that count? Do I still earn my milk point?

What do YOU think? Would you say that it was 8oz? Do you think that it's something good & healthy for you?
We are all looking to get different things out of this, so while it may be ok for some, it may not be for others depending on their personal goals.
Here are 2 articles that talk about the benefits of dairy in our diets
http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/1 ... ife?page=5
http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20040416 ... eight-loss

Ah, also, I keep forgetting to tell you that today is Hug a Newsman Day, so if you know any newsmen, go hug them...

mandaliz wrote:Edited to add: Is Fridays At Noon complete? I'll still read it if it's not, just won't put it on the kindle unless it's complete.

It is not
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby SpunkyBookworm » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:06 pm

OMG!!! We're already BACK??? I know I'm the most likely to leave the post all the time, but I can't believe we started today!! Sheesh!
Hi I'm Gretchen! I try hard to do this...then drop out the last few weeks. My goal is to be a good girl and check in at least 1x every couple days. WHO'S WITH ME???

HELLOOOOOOO NEWBIES!!!! (WAVES)

Just a quick thought from last post that I was total fail to come and reply to, SM expected BD to be R. It's the movie/company that has the R say. The target audience is under 18, which is why they want to keep it PG13, which equals a lot of money.

K. Have lots to say but have to go back to work.

TTYL!!
It's Time!!
SpunkyBookworm
Fake Lesbian

Postby amynkansas » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:04 pm

I have 2 questions:
I should have asked a year ago...but if i have a serving of grapes but not during one of my meal times, is that considered my small snack? :?:
That is how I have been playing this game so far, but if I don't have to count that, then I will be a happy camper.

Are we doing Travel Rob again? If so should I meet with him and cast a new one? (meaning: should I spend 2.5 hours surfing the interwebz, drooling over photos of The Pretty and photoshop Senor TomStu into one of them?) If you thought it was lame and didn't have time to do it, let me know. If you enjoyed your time with The Flattie and want a second date, let me know. I know that there are about 3 of you that didn't get him yet...I will assure you that is still out and about and will make it to you soon. He has been busy filming and doing the press junket (and I accidentally on purpose kept him a few extra days)
For you newbies This is Travel Rob...he is about 10 inches (tall)

Welcome back Gretchen!!
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby SeattleLisa » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:09 pm

Semi-quick (for me) intro for the points:

Hello all you Lovelies and welcome to the Newcomers!

I'm going to go with fave book(s) because there are many different women inside me and some of these have helped shape who I am, at different stages of my life:

1. Brighty of the Grand Canyon by Marguerite Henry
-Hands down the best children's book I ever read. Made me fall in love with burros, the Grand Canyon, horses, reading and helped provide a necessary escape from a bad childhood.

2. Dove by Robin Lee Graham
-Read when I was a teen and made me fall in love with adventure, the ocean, sailing ships, & travel.

3. Taipan by James Clavell
-Epic, sweeping novel of Britain's founding of Hong Kong. Adventure, love story, intrigue, disaster, plus a strong, sexy, Scotsman (HOLLA, Kelly!) protagonist--this book has it all.

4. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
-The *wonderful* classic that helped SM create Twilight (IMO). Loved, loved, loved the heroine, how she was strong and NOT helpless, and how she and Mr. Rochester fell in love.

Ok Lovelies, you know I didn't want to start a new challenge without putting a BIKE BRAGGING DAY under my belt! 21 miles today in the rain and wind, I got soaked but loved it. Gina/Obava, I thought of you today as I was climbing my first big hill. At first I had to babystep my way through my ride, not sure if I had enough energy for all the hills I climbed today so I said, "if I just make it to the top of this hill, I'll take an epsom salt soak in the tub later while reading the book "Me & Mr. Darcy". When I got to the top of the hill I thought, "Gina, still can't cycle yet since the weather sucks there, so I gotta keep going for her." So I ended up climbing all the hills and knew I'd feel like a wimp if I didn't put on at least 20 miles today. My total miles for this year, paltry compared to this time last year, comes to 379. Century Ride, I *WILL* see you this summer, even if I'm STILL over 200 lbs at that time. I will not let my weight, my age, my binge eating disorder, my black & white (perfect of shit) thinking, my depression, my bad attitude, etc. derail me from this big goal. I will persevere!

Ok, will read all your posts and catch up with you soon. I'm just so happy you're all here. :D
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby Gianna » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:24 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Gianna wrote:Hmmm...favorite book...let's see...I have to say Gone with the Wind is one of my all-time faves ever. I love the relationship between Scarlett and Rhett and the progression (or lack thereof) of Scarlett throughout. Rhett and Scarlett's relationship is one of my favorites in any book ever - hands down. I really l-o-v-e the movie, as well. Love.
please don't hate me, but I have never even watched the entire movie. Perhaps I will give it a go...for you ;) .

Do it. You will not regret it. I promise. ;)

I also love my kindle and can't live without it. I have the kindle app on my phone, but rarely use it. I think I forget it is there. *shrug*

I have a technotard question...how do you write one post that includes quotes from multiple different people?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby mandaliz » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Gianna wrote:I have a technotard question...how do you write one post that includes quotes from multiple different people? [/color]

While in the "post a reply screen" if you scroll down past your little >insert your own text here box<, past the save, preview, and submit buttons you see the Topic Review are where you can check out previous posts. While reviewing those posts you can click on the quote button above their posts & thereby quote as many people as you want in your own post.

Was that clear? Or confusing?
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Gianna » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:50 pm

mandaliz wrote:
Gianna wrote:I have a technotard question...how do you write one post that includes quotes from multiple different people? [/color]

While in the "post a reply screen" if you scroll down past your little >insert your own text here box<, past the save, preview, and submit buttons you see the Topic Review are where you can check out previous posts. While reviewing those posts you can click on the quote button above their posts & thereby quote as many people as you want in your own post.

Was that clear? Or confusing?

I think I got it! I always wondered what that did if you clicked it. Mystery solved. Thanks manda!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby mandaliz » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:52 pm

amynkansas wrote:I have 2 questions:
I should have asked a year ago...but if i have a serving of grapes but not during one of my meal times, is that considered my small snack? :?:
That is how I have been playing this game so far, but if I don't have to count that, then I will be a happy camper.

Are we doing Travel Rob again? If so should I meet with him and cast a new one? (meaning: should I spend 2.5 hours surfing the interwebz, drooling over photos of The Pretty and photoshop Senor TomStu into one of them?) If you thought it was lame and didn't have time to do it, let me know. If you enjoyed your time with The Flattie and want a second date, let me know. I know that there are about 3 of you that didn't get him yet...I will assure you that is still out and about and will make it to you soon. He has been busy filming and doing the press junket (and I accidentally on purpose kept him a few extra days)
For you newbies This is Travel Rob...he is about 10 inches (tall)

Welcome back Gretchen!!

You can have snacks, the point is for only 2 small treats. I schedule snacks into my eating plan: yogurt, fruit, a few whole wheat crackers & light cheese. Now cookies, cupcakes, pie, ice cream, chips, or any foods that I can't keep in the house without devouring the entire thing in one sitting is what I count as my treats. For example, Lisa having her DH hand out just 2 small chocolates after dinner. Or, I made cookies yesterday so I count those as my treat. If I have an apple sometime between lunch & dinner or my 98% fat free mini bag of popcorn in the evening (before 10pm!) then I just coount tht as a snack, not as a treat.

And Rob is always welcome at my place. If we did this again, I would do my best to send him on his way no matter how much he wants to stay with me.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby obava » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:04 pm

mandaliz wrote:I have a crazy kitty named Cosmo (named after the cocktail, not the Seinfeld character)

Really? I always imagined he was named after the Fairly Odd Parent :?
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:24 pm

SpunkyBookworm wrote:OMG!!! We're already BACK??? I know I'm the most likely to leave the post all the time, but I can't believe we started today!! Sheesh!
Hi I'm Gretchen! I try hard to do this...then drop out the last few weeks. My goal is to be a good girl and check in at least 1x every couple days. WHO'S WITH ME???

Hi honey! Welcome back! I have found that the more often I check in, the better I do on my points. So checking in every couple of days is a great idea!
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:28 pm

amynkansas wrote:if i have a serving of grapes but not during one of my meal times, is that considered my small snack?

That's not how I do it- I count snacks as unhealthy stuff- I know a snack when I see one. I can't fit all my fruits and veggies into 3 meals, and when I had gestational diabetes, I was on a diet that had me eating at least a little bit every 3-4 hours, and I loved it- I lost weight and felt great. So I try to eat a fruit or veggie mid-morning and mid-afternoon, but don't count them as snacks. The candy and ice cream and potato chips?- yeah, THOSE are snacks :lol:

amynkansas wrote:Are we doing Travel Rob again?

FUCK YEA! That was so much fun! BTW, where did our TR&TS website go?
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:43 pm

SeattleLisa wrote:Gina/Obava, I thought of you today as I was climbing my first big hill. At first I had to babystep my way through my ride, not sure if I had enough energy for all the hills I climbed today so I said, "if I just make it to the top of this hill, I'll take an epsom salt soak in the tub later while reading the book "Me & Mr. Darcy". When I got to the top of the hill I thought, "Gina, still can't cycle yet since the weather sucks there, so I gotta keep going for her." So I ended up climbing all the hills and knew I'd feel like a wimp if I didn't put on at least 20 miles today.

Oh, Lisa- you are so sweet! It was EIGHT FUCKING DEGREES when I woke up this morning! :cry: Thank you for taking that hill for me- you are my heroine!!! :D

SeattleLisa wrote:My total miles for this year, paltry compared to this time last year, comes to 379. Century Ride, I *WILL* see you this summer, even if I'm STILL over 200 lbs at that time. I will not let my weight, my age, my binge eating disorder, my black & white (perfect of shit) thinking, my depression, my bad attitude, etc. derail me from this big goal. I will persevere!

Fuck yeah, you will, girl- you are the best at doing it anyway!

I love you, bb <3<3<3
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 pm

mandaliz wrote:
amynkansas wrote:And since we can't name our favorite FanFiction (Emancipation Proclomation, With Teeth, Dead On My Feet, Wide Awake, Clipped Wings and Inked Armor, Misapprehension of Bella Swan)

Holla! Most of those are on my fave list too! (Have you started Holding Out for You? It's fluffy sweetness, not the angsty UST/lemony goodness I normally go for, but it's not bad.)

seeing you mention HOFY, I'd also recc "Falling for You" by GreenEyedGirl17 :D it's in the same vein, but has a bit more drama to liven things up,imo ;)

SeattleLisa wrote: Taipan by James Clavell
-Epic, sweeping novel of Britain's founding of Hong Kong. Adventure, love story, intrigue, disaster, plus a strong, sexy, Scotsman (HOLLA, Kelly!) protagonist--this book has it all.

you know I can't resist a Scotsman! ;) I'm adding this one to my list 8-)

( I used the double quoting instructions! :D I learn something new everyday around here :P )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby obava » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Sorry for all the spamming- I'll spam something that's worth it:
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby amynkansas » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:03 pm

obava wrote:amynkansas wrote:
if i have a serving of grapes but not during one of my meal times, is that considered my small snack?
That's not how I do it- I count snacks as unhealthy stuff- I know a snack when I see one. I can't fit all my fruits and veggies into 3 meals, and when I had gestational diabetes, I was on a diet that had me eating at least a little bit every 3-4 hours, and I loved it- I lost weight and felt great. So I try to eat a fruit or veggie mid-morning and mid-afternoon, but don't count them as snacks. The candy and ice cream and potato chips?- yeah, THOSE are snacks
--------------------------------
This is great news!! Snacks are healthy and treats are "bad". Got it!! I am having a rough day food wise. I have eaten but I'm still so hungry!! Good to know I can dive into the watermelon and grapes.
amynkansas wrote:
Are we doing Travel Rob again?
FUCK YEA! That was so much fun! BTW, where did our TR&TS website go?

I think Cdubs is moving him from Tumblr to something else. I am ready to post my week+ with him. But until that gets set up here's a pic. He had a routine dental exam...
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby TwilightCat » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:23 pm

amynkansas wrote:I think Cdubs is moving him from Tumblr to something else. I am ready to post my week+ with him. But until that gets set up here's a pic. He had a routine dental exam...

OMG! This is a total WIN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I just about fell off my chair! I can't wait to see the rest of your TR pics!
TwilightCat
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby SpunkyBookworm » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:42 pm

WOW!! Looks like TR had some good times! LOL!!! Too funny!!
I'm being really careful right now because I feel like I start out great, then fall a little. Anyway SpunkyDaughter is down at her dad's house, and I'm ready to eat my way through hell! Not sure why, just probably because I'm alone.
I remember a support group I used to go to, and the counselor said she always had to plan her alone times to get through them when it came to her bulimia. Now I see why!

I forgot to say that I am reading a chemistry book, and I started a C.S. Lewis book called "Surprised By Joy." And, of course, a little bit of fanfic.
It's Time!!
SpunkyBookworm
Fake Lesbian

Postby LCneiny » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Helloo ladies! **warning long post ahead, I’m apparently pretty chatty tonight**

First of all, a big WELCOME to the newbies! You’ll love it here! (P.S. it’s very strange to me to refer to Alex, Kelbel, and Gia as “newbies” :lol:)

Let’s see, I’m LC/Elise and this will be my third challenge. And this time, I am determined to finish! Last time I slacked off in the middle because I was traveling, and the first time I just fell off the wagon at the end. But I’ve got a goal this time – 2 weeks after this challenge ends, I am getting married :) So I want to get myself toned and looking good in that dress.
I’m going to set a goal for myself – at least 2 perfect 70 weeks. I know 2 may sound like a low number to shoot for, but for me it’s very hard (twss) to get those pesky points on the weekends. But Imma suck it up and DO IT ANYWAY because my health is worth it! So anyone want to be my accountability partner to make sure I’m staying on track? Because I def have a tendency to slack if someone isn’t kicking my ass.

Hmm anything else you need to know about me? I couldn’t live without dark chocolate, red wine, crusty bread, and cheese. (Maybe I should have been born in France or Italy.) I’m really into health and nutrition - if I hadn’t gone into my current line of work (IT geek :geek: ) I would have probably ended up doing something with nutrition/wellness. I practice yoga daily and try to check out different group classes/DVDs/workouts to further my knowledge.

Probably my all-time favorite book (thus far) is Pride & Prejudice. I also like Gone With the Wind (I haven’t watched the whole film yet either :oops:), The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Lovely Bones, The Host, The Hobbit, Sookie Stackhouse series, DaVinci Code (and others by Dan Brown). I’m currently obsessed with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. The latest in the series just came out last week! I can’t say what draws me to a story – I suppose strong female characters, a touch of sci-fi/fantasy, and at least a little bit of a love story. I have Jane Eyre and the Outlander series on my “to-read” list!

So someone here (I think our lovely Obava?) made a spreadsheet that you can use to help keep track of points on your own every week, and I’ve added some formulas and colors to make it easier to keep everything together. If anyone is interested in using it, PM me your email addy and I will send you a copy ;)

OK, let’s do this!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby TwilightCat » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:08 am

Hello Lovelies!

I am totes excited to be starting this new challenge and to hang out with all of you lovely ladies for another round of RC!

So far so good my first day. I managed to get the two points that are hardest for me -- stop eating by 10 (I finished my evening snack at 9:50), and be up and ready by 11 (I was actually up and ready by 6am :? since I teach at the university on M/W). I did some light jogging at the gym, which I was really pleased with -- my hip is almost back to normal after I strained my piriformis (deep butt muscle) three weeks ago. I also rode the elliptical for 20 minutes, which has been helping me maintain the strength through my legs while my hips regain their ability to take the impact from running. I haven't seriously strained anything for about fifteen years (I used to sprain my ankles all the time), so it has been interesting observing my recovery. Every injury I've had has been there to teach me something, and this injury has taught me to take baby steps towards my goal (being a runner) and not to try to go full out all at once.

Gianna wrote:Hmmm...favorite book...let's see...I have to say Gone with the Wind is one of my all-time faves ever.

After so many reccs from you guys, I am going to make GWTW my next non-FF read. I've never read it, but I had a friend in high school who looooved it, and we had similar tastes, so I'm pretty sure I'll love it, too.

kelbel75 wrote:@TwilightCat: I find your love of shakespere and greek literature while you were still in high school, interesting. I was the one who was helping out my friends with their homework all the time, so it's not that I don't understand it; it just takes too much brainpower for me :P so I'm curious to know: is it the prose that you enjoy most, or the storylines? :D

I was one of those uber-nerdy kids in high school. I have mild autism (Asperger Syndrome), so my geek genes are strongly expressed. :D In terms of classic theatre, I love the language, the plots, the characters... you name it. The Ancient Greek playwrights and Shakespeare were both working to understand the human condition, and they both took popular stories and myths and used them as metaphors to explore what it is to be human. The Greeks, especially Euripides (my favorite), used the plots and characters from classic mythology to explore current political issues without fear of prosecution (even though Athens was a democracy, it didn't really have free speech). The Greek playwrights wrote about political corruption, religious bribery, and the horrors of war, and because it was presented as mythology, they were able to elude the censors. The Greek playwrights were quite subversive!

Okay, so this time around, I'd love to be an accountability partner. Anyone who would like to partner up to motivate each other, let me know.

Off to bed. Good night!

xo Cat
TwilightCat
Phil's Baseball Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser