Go to footer

Memorial Day Monday! - 5/25/09

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Memorial Day Monday! - 5/25/09

Postby MsJBell » Mon May 25, 2009 1:05 pm

lol It's not on the list, but it's not new either. I think it's just been added back into rotation.... that monogram thing on the left chesticle is weird looking.
Will have to research...
*Jess
Nonsten: No proof, no truth!
Nonsten: Admit it or QUIT IT!
Nonsten: We're all about sarcasm and sex.
Shudupinyaface! No fangirls, just fucking... because THAT'S NORMAL!
MsJBell
Director of Robstigation

Postby summergirl » Mon May 25, 2009 1:19 pm

He wore the Bali shirt at How to Be at the Austin Film Festival. Was that Oct 2008?

I have a photo in photobucket but photobucket is being gayspice.

Sorry!

edit: HTB was shown at AFF on Thu 16 Oct 2008 and Sat 18 Oct 2008. Not sure which one RP and OI attended.

"Apart from the bear.........................did you see the bear?"
summergirl
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby newkindofunicorn » Mon May 25, 2009 1:36 pm

summergirl wrote:He wore the Bali shirt at How to Be at the Austin Film Festival. Was that Oct 2008?

I have a photo in photobucket but photobucket is being gayspice.

Sorry!

edit: HTB was shown at AFF on Thu 16 Oct 2008 and Sat 18 Oct 2008. Not sure which one RP and OI attended.

you cant come up with a better word than gayspice?
David. Tennant. Faint.
newkindofunicorn
Leghitcher

Postby newkindofunicorn » Mon May 25, 2009 1:46 pm

ok people ild just like to vent on the word GAYSPICE. i dont like it. it offends me. the way its being used makes the word gay synonymous with bad, and i dont like this. thats my two cents, seeing as how im gay (or bi, or whatever it is i am).
David. Tennant. Faint.
newkindofunicorn
Leghitcher

Postby Skeeter » Mon May 25, 2009 1:55 pm

It's some kind of resort shirt. I think a relative must've brought it to him from their vacay. LOL

OK Rob, it is not acceptable to wear articles of clothing that are coming apart at the seams. That sleeve is ratty. So wear it around the hotel room or throw it away. Do not wear it in public. Please.

Oh, and this shirt. It is only suitable to be slept in (preferrably by me). See those holes. It means it's time for Mum to make a dust cloth out of it or to the bin it goes! And don't give me that look. I'm serious.

Last edited by Skeeter on Mon May 25, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions and I have my gasoline panties on.
Skeeter
Leghitcher

Postby pangeforprez » Mon May 25, 2009 1:56 pm

newkindofunicorn wrote:Image
nope its not new. there are numerous pics its been in.

I <3 this pic. Makes me fluttery.

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a good holiday weekend. It's a bit sad around here. We lost one of the pilots in our brigade on Friday. Even though I didn't know him or his family personally, they're family, you know? It just kind of brings everything into focus when it happens. Especially when it happens on Memorial Day weekend.

I also made a slideshow of pics of my DH from this deployment and last. I don't want to link it for the world to see, but if you'd like to see it, just PM me.

I'm off to check the blogs for Robnews!
ImageImageImageImageImage
pangeforprez
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby Marta » Mon May 25, 2009 1:56 pm

Afternoon all!

I LUV 3-day weekends!! Weeee! :D

I got up at 12:30p today and am doing nothing today! Well, except for reading some fanfic now and then being dragged to the Outlets with the BFF. Those are Ok in my book. Lazy day activities. And it's super nice out!! Finally not even the threat of rain!

I'll check in with you lovelies later today. Have an awesome day!

P.S. @NewKind - Sorry bout the word. Think people adopted it from Lauren at Lauren's Bite. She adds "spice" to the end of most things, and I think she's used that word. I can understand how it irks you. I think words like that shouldn't be used in our daily vocab in that context b/c it does give a negative connotation. Lamespice works so much better. :)
Last edited by Marta on Mon May 25, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Marti, the one woman party
Tweet me: http://twitter.com/aramisette

"But only one thing could explain the shiny fucking curls."

"Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
and needy
Warm me up
And breathe me"
Marta
Lurking Third Wheel

Postby newkindofunicorn » Mon May 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Marta wrote:Afternoon all!

I got up at 12:30p today and am doing nothing today! Well, except for reading some fanfic now and then being dragged to the Outlets with the BFF. Those are Ok in my book. Lazy day activities. And it's super nice out!! Finally not even the threat of rain!

P.S. @NewKind - Sorry bout the word. Think people adopted it from Lauren at Lauren's Bite. She adds "spice" to the end of most things, and I think she's used that word. I can understand how it irks you. I think words like that shouldn't be used in our daily vocab in that context b/c it does give a negative connotation.

i love the word lamespice though. lol
David. Tennant. Faint.
newkindofunicorn
Leghitcher

Postby Skeeter » Mon May 25, 2009 1:58 pm

pangeforprez wrote:I <3 this pic. Makes me fluttery.

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a good holiday weekend. It's a bit sad around here. We lost one of the pilots in our brigade on Friday. Even though I didn't know him or his family personally, they're family, you know? It just kind of brings everything into focus when it happens. Especially when it happens on Memorial Day weekend.

I also made a slideshow of pics of my DH from this deployment and last. I don't want to link it for the world to see, but if you'd like to see it, just PM me.

I'm off to check the blogs for Robnews!

I'm so very sorry to hear that. He, his family, and the brigade will be in my prayers.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions and I have my gasoline panties on.
Skeeter
Leghitcher

Postby Marta » Mon May 25, 2009 2:00 pm

newkindofunicorn wrote:
Marta wrote:Afternoon all!

P.S. @NewKind - Sorry bout the word. Think people adopted it from Lauren at Lauren's Bite. She adds "spice" to the end of most things, and I think she's used that word. I can understand how it irks you. I think words like that shouldn't be used in our daily vocab in that context b/c it does give a negative connotation.

i love the word lamespice though. lol

Haha, yeah. I just edited my post to include that at the end. :lol:
~ Marti, the one woman party
Tweet me: http://twitter.com/aramisette

"But only one thing could explain the shiny fucking curls."

"Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
and needy
Warm me up
And breathe me"
Marta
Lurking Third Wheel

Postby MsJBell » Mon May 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Yep, just coming in to post some more pics of Rob in the Bali shirt :)

*Jess
MsJBell
Director of Robstigation

Postby maygirl » Mon May 25, 2009 2:01 pm

Skeeter wrote:It's some kind of resort shirt. I think a relative must've brought it to him from their vacay. LOL

OK Rob, it is not acceptable to wear articles of clothing that are coming apart at the seams. That sleeve is ratty. So wear it around the hotel room or throw it away. Do not wear it in public. Please.

Oh, and this shirt. It is only suitable to be slept in (preferrably by me). See those holes. It means it's time for Mum to make a dust cloth out of it or to the bin it goes! And don't give me that look. I'm serious.

I was right, Skeeter. You do bring the laughter here. Kudos to you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob, I don't have anything to say. Do what you want to do. As long as you make a note of the above messages and really think about it. And whatever you choose to do, is fine by me. :)
maygirl
Not a Bear

Postby newkindofunicorn » Mon May 25, 2009 2:04 pm

newkindofunicorn wrote:ok people ild just like to vent on the word GAYSPICE. i dont like it. it offends me. the way its being used makes the word gay synonymous with bad, and i dont like this. thats my two cents, seeing as how im gay (or bi, or whatever it is i am).

oh, and i know no one was purposely trying to offend me, so im not hating or anything. i would just prefer if people didnt use that word.
David. Tennant. Faint.
newkindofunicorn
Leghitcher

Postby Skeeter » Mon May 25, 2009 2:06 pm

maygirl wrote:
Skeeter wrote:It's some kind of resort shirt. I think a relative must've brought it to him from their vacay. LOL

I was right, Skeeter. You do bring the laughter here. Kudos to you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob, I don't have anything to say. Do what you want to do. As long as you make a note of the above messages and really think about it. And whatever you choose to do, is fine by me. :)

Aw, shucks. ;) I do find it incredibly endearing that he's surely a millionaire by now, yet he still wears the same 3-5 outfits and shops at thrift stores.
Last edited by Skeeter on Mon May 25, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skeeter
Leghitcher

Postby Skeeter » Mon May 25, 2009 2:07 pm

newkindofunicorn wrote:
newkindofunicorn wrote:ok people ild just like to vent on the word GAYSPICE. i dont like it. it offends me. the way its being used makes the word gay synonymous with bad, and i dont like this. thats my two cents, seeing as how im gay (or bi, or whatever it is i am).

oh, and i know no one was purposely trying to offend me, so im not hating or anything. i would just prefer if people didnt use that word.

You are most certainly right. 8-)
Skeeter
Leghitcher

Postby newkindofunicorn » Mon May 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Skeeter wrote:
Aw, shucks. ;) I do find it incredibly endearing that he's most surely a millionaire by now, yet he still wears the same 3-5 outfits and shops at thrift stores.

me too.
David. Tennant. Faint.
newkindofunicorn
Leghitcher

Postby newkindofunicorn » Mon May 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Skeeter wrote:
newkindofunicorn wrote:

You are most certainly right. 8-)

thanks for your understanding my fellow floridian!
David. Tennant. Faint.
newkindofunicorn
Leghitcher

Postby Skeeter » Mon May 25, 2009 2:11 pm

newkindofunicorn wrote:thanks for your understanding my fellow floridian!

You are very welcome. Jackson wouldn't approve of it either. ;)

Ooh the timer just went off. My cake is ready!
Skeeter
Leghitcher

Postby newkindofunicorn » Mon May 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Skeeter wrote:

mmmm cake... drool...
(think homer simpson)
David. Tennant. Faint.
newkindofunicorn
Leghitcher

Postby Skeeter » Mon May 25, 2009 2:17 pm

newkindofunicorn wrote:
Skeeter wrote:

cake... drool...

I have a sweet tooth that rules my life. So while I was at the store I picked up a cake mix. I can't believe I'm not morbidly obese because of it. LOL The grocery store was DEAD. Either everyone got their holiday supplies early or the rain is keeping everyone inside.
Skeeter
Leghitcher

Postby newkindofunicorn » Mon May 25, 2009 2:19 pm

Skeeter wrote:
newkindofunicorn wrote:
Skeeter wrote:

cake... drool...

I have a sweet tooth that rules my life. So while I was at the store I picked up a cake mix. I can't believe I'm not morbidly obese because of it. LOL The grocery store was DEAD. Either everyone got their holiday supplies early or the rain is keeping everyone inside.

its a perfect day here of course, because i have absolutely no interesting plans. i have a serious sweet tooth as well, that does make me a bit chubby.
David. Tennant. Faint.
newkindofunicorn
Leghitcher

Postby maygirl » Mon May 25, 2009 2:24 pm

newkindofunicorn wrote:

I admit I used it in the comment when I read the LTR blog today before coming here. But I swear will never use that word again. Just 'lamespice'. I am sorry for the earlier use.
maygirl
Not a Bear

Postby Skeeter » Mon May 25, 2009 2:24 pm

newkindofunicorn wrote:
Skeeter wrote:I have a sweet tooth that rules my life. So while I was at the store I picked up a cake mix. I can't believe I'm not morbidly obese because of it. LOL The grocery store was DEAD. Either everyone got their holiday supplies early or the rain is keeping everyone inside.

its a perfect day here of course, because i have absolutely no interesting plans. i have a serious sweet tooth as well, that does make me a bit chubby.

I'm no skinny mini, but you'd think with the way I love sweets I'd weigh 400 lbs! ;) I put 2 cups of sugar in my tea, but I'm Southern. Our tea is like liquid diabetes. :lol: ;)

All my friends are out of town this weekend and my BFF is working today/lives away. Sooooo I will just do laundry and enjoy my day off! :D
Skeeter
Leghitcher

Postby newkindofunicorn » Mon May 25, 2009 2:26 pm

maygirl wrote:
newkindofunicorn wrote:

I admit I used it in the comment when I read the LTR blog today before coming here. But I swear will never use that word again. Just 'lamespice'. I am sorry for the earlier use.

like i said i know no one was trying to offend. so its all good. and thanks for no longer using it.
David. Tennant. Faint.
newkindofunicorn
Leghitcher

Postby MsJBell » Mon May 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Skeeter wrote:I'm no skinny mini, but you'd think with the way I love sweets I'd weigh 400 lbs! ;) I put 2 cups of sugar in my tea, but I'm Southern. Our tea is like liquid diabetes. :lol: ;)

Amen and amen.
That is all.
lol
*Jess
MsJBell
Director of Robstigation

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 2009