Go to footer

Anniversary Thursday

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Anniversary Thursday

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:10 am

Today marks the third anniversary of LTT and LTR and I think it would be a great idea if we all visited the blogs today and showed the girls some love.

Do you remember how you found LTT/LTR? Do you remember what the first post you read was or when was the first time you commented? Or who your first LTT buddy was? What are some of your favorite memories from our little community?

I'll be unveiling the anniversary gift a bit later. I had to take a bit of a departure than what my original goal had been and I hope you all enjoy it. I thank all of you who offered help and who sent me photos and ideas and I hope you won't be offended that I used virtually none of them.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: Anniversary Thursday

Postby SeattleLisa » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:05 am

I discovered the Twilight universe in November 2008 but didn't discover LTT until July 2009. LolaShoes had a link on her ff.net page. I lurked for months, laughing at the Blog and getting caught up with all the doings of this crazy fandom. I finally signed up in December 2009 in anticipation of joining the Biggest Loser Challenge in January 2010.

Claudia (cdubs) was my first LTT friend. Courtney_0624 was the first LTT friend I met in person. I can't remember the very first post that I read but I'm pretty sure they were Breaking Something Down Vanity Fair style.

I am very grateful to UC, Moon, all the mods and every crazy person who shows up here. This has been "home" to me for nearly 2 years and I've made a number of very positive changes from having participated in the Biggest Loser Challenges. You girls, you lovely nasty pervs, have seen me through so much. I love you, feel love from you, I appreciate you all.

I'm bringing this over from yesterday since I loves me some nasty perviness, too.

SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby loving40s » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:40 am

Happy Flatversary!!! THANK YOU to UC and Moon for not only starting the site, but FOR KEEPING IT GOING!

On Dec 11, 2009, I stumbled accross LTR and read the blog, but very quickly found the forum and posted in the "Meet the Virgins" thread the very same day. I was just so happy to find women who had also been bedezzaled by that boy because I was feeling rather cuckoo about the teenlike crush/obsession I'd developed. lol Here's a smidgeon of what I posted....of course, the actual post was quite wordy (haha, big surprise there!):

And then today in my search for my Rob addiction fix, I stubled upon LTR. I laughed so hard reading some of your posts, especially an older thread from May about Rob & cougars. OMG, I am not alone! Others I can talk to who won't think I have lost my mind! And sorry for the HUGE introduction but it was more for me than for you all....I have had all this pent up in me for awhile with nobody to talk to so it was a bit cathartic to write. I found Twilight Moms but that wasn't the right fit because I'm Robsessed not Twilight obsessed.

Link to read the full version. Jen's post is there too along with some others you probably know:
http://letterstotwilight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=450

My first Flat/LTR friend was JenKB who is no longer hanging round these parts. The first flat friends I met were at the same time: Jena (no longer here...boohoo), JenKB, and Brooklynbabe...the only one who is still around, THANK GOD!

I don't remember the first blog I read on LTR, but I do remember laughing my ass off. I read it daily for several months, but then began spending all my time here.

If Rob only knew how many friendships he's helped bring together, he'd feel really good about that, I think. Mu-ah! I miss you all! Life changes....always...so now I can't be around as much. But I won't completely disappear!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rob, I'd like to show you why 40's are fabulous!
loving40s
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby loving40s » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:43 am

SeattleLisa wrote:I discovered the Twilight universe in November 2008 but didn't discover LTT until July 2009. LolaShoes had a link on her ff.net page. I lurked for months, laughing at the Blog and getting caught up with all the doings of this crazy fandom. I finally signed up in December 2009 in anticipation of joining the Biggest Loser Challenge in January 2010.

Claudia (cdubs) was my first LTT friend. Courtney_0624 was the first LTT friend I met in person. I can't remember the very first post that I read but I'm pretty sure they were Breaking Something Down Vanity Fair style.

I am very grateful to UC, Moon, all the mods and every crazy person who shows up here. This has been "home" to me for nearly 2 years and I've made a number of very positive changes from having participated in the Biggest Loser Challenges. You girls, you lovely nasty pervs, have seen me through so much. I love you, feel love from you, I appreciate you all.

I'm bringing this over from yesterday since I loves me some nasty perviness, too.

I saw this posted yesterday...UNF! Where the hell is this from? Was it from the leaked footage or what? I saw the leaked footage with thrustward, but not this. See, they could have had flashes of THIS in the film, with out the noises. Rob said noises can cause it to be rated R. It could have been flashbacks of this without the moaning and I think it still could have been PG13. Because THIS shows some passion whereas what is in the film was severly lacking, imo.
loving40s
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby loving40s » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:45 am

Yeah, I know this was posted multiple times yesterday, but I know several of us are lurving on it, including me. So I"m posting it again. I doubt you'll mind. ;)

DAMN! Perfection, I say!

loving40s
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby MeMe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:52 am

Happy Anniversay!!!

I stumbled upon this little gem of a site by complete happenstance. Can't quite remember what I was googling, but I clicked on the link, and my life hasn't been the same since. ;)

Here, Here! To UC & Moon!

And here's an oldie, but a goodie

MeMe
Bouffant Brusher

Postby Gianna » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:25 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY UC AND MOON!!!!!!

I honestly cannot remember my first visit, but I most definitely remember knowing that this was the kind of place I belonged. You have made me smile, snicker, and chortle too many times to even remotely keep track. Thanks for starting, but more importantly, continuing to support this crazy place. :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:54 am

JodieO wrote: I thank all of you who offered help and who sent me photos and ideas and I hope you won't be offended that I used virtually none of them.

I love your honesty! :lol: 8-)

sooo, how did I get here? oddly enough it was b/c of sam bradley!! I had stumbled accross the LTR blog once or twice, but didn't really understand it at first glance: "did these people really think they were writing to rob? and the people who run this site are so mean for making fun of said delusional people!" but then one day I got linked to the sam bradley post about his song "too far gone" vs. rob's "never think"; sam replied in the comments! :lol: http://letterstorob.wordpress.com/2009/ ... m-bradley/
so then I took the time to really check out the site, and fell in love with the sarcasm :D when the forum was announced I jumped on board right away b/c I had been lurking on a few other forums, but just couldn't find one that I liked :( I continued my lurking over here for a LONG time, making occasional posts here and there, but I was still mostly hanging out over on my christian bale forum. even tho I love me some dry wit, there is a very fine line between humor and meanness, so it took me awhile to get a feel for the diff't members and realize that it was just all harmless fun :| I spent most of my time in the book threads, but THEN I discovered fanfic...and the rest is history!! :P the first person who was really nice to me was Jena :D ( she sent me a copy of "How to Be" ;) ) I started to "connect" with a few members in the "Nonsten" thread, but most of them ended up leaving to start their own forum :roll: my first "friends" that I conversed with off of the forum were loving40s and yourhandinmine ( I miss you girlies! :( ) and my first flatmate meet-up was with the lovely alex 8-)

I followed L40s lead and hunted down my "meet the virgins" post; I'm on pg.8...I've been here awhile :shock:
kelbel75 wrote: hey all! I'm brand new here, I just discovered LTR about a month ago. It's become a guilty pleasure for me; it never fails to make me laugh! I'm a Bale-Head as well as a RobFan, but thought it high time I join a Rob forum before I get kicked off the Christian Bale board for crushing on Rob so much! The other Rob forums I've lurked on are quite disappointing: basically just Hormone-Central! Not that you all aren't sex-crazed, but you do seem to form a coherent thought every now and then ( and you "know" Sam Bradley too, that's a most definate plus!) Okay, back to me I'm a married SAHM of a 9 year old and a 4 year old,and should be finding better things to do with my time than obsess over Rob and "Twilight" I've grown selfish in my 34 years tho; I'm all about my own enjoyment now...and I enjoy Rob very much!
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:03 am

I have been here for almost 2 years (I am really bad and math,is that true?!!) lurking on the blog a bit prior. If I could find the archives for LTT/LTR blog I would try to go back and see what I thought was so darn funny that I couldn't "quit you".

ooxx to UC and Moon
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:22 am

loving40s wrote:Link to read the full version. Jen's post is there too along with some others you probably know:
http://letterstotwilight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=450

loving40s wrote: I don't read the fan fiction

says the owner of her own fanfic site!! :lol: :lol:

and since "Twilight Moms" was mentioned in there as well: I have always prided myself for the fact that altho I do have kids, I'm not technically a twilight mom b/c my kids aren't old enough to read them...my 11 year old son is currently reading "Twillight" and loving it :o
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby LittleSecrets » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:24 am

Happy Anniversary, UC and Moon! Thanks for starting - and continuing - this lovely place where I can laugh hysterically for hours while neglecting my husband, children and home :D

Some time last spring, I followed a link to the blog and read through months (years?) worth of LTR and LTT entries, and began to lurk in the forum. I came out of hiding just over a year ago and haven't been sent packing yet ;) So thank you, UC and Moon!
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:26 am

amynkansas wrote:If I could find the archives for LTT/LTR blog I would try to go back and see what I thought was so darn funny that I couldn't "quit you".

on the main blogs, off to the right, there is an "archive" link with a drop-down menu for months/dates ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:32 am

LittleSecrets wrote: lovely place where I can laugh hysterically for hours while neglecting my husband, children and home :D

too true! that should be our tag-line :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:37 am

I found LTR through Robsessed. I noticed there was a link on the side for 'Letters to Rob' and I was all 'Wah? I can send Rob an email??' and I clicked on it and I found the Do's and Don'ts of Meeting Rob. And I was introduced to the Pattinson Pants. http://letterstorob.wordpress.com/2009/ ... eting-rob/ When the next day was 'Grandmas Love Robert Pattinson' I knew I'd found my people. It took me a while to move over to LTT, and I don't even remember why I resisted for so long. It was months before I dared comment. I remember always feeling like a rock star if UC or Moon commented back.

I poked around the forum for a bit when it first opened, but didn't really understand it and didn't bother to join. Besides, I couldn't get on the internet at work and there was always like 35 pages and I felt like a dipshit commenting on posts from 27 pages ago. But then we got word that our boss was closing down the business and I didn't give a hoot anymore that I wasn't supposed to be on the internet and started hanging out on the forum. I lurked for a long time before I dared pipe in. It took a few days before anyone took notice of me, which made me a little sad, but I refused to go away.

My first friend here was Emmeeloowhoo. I think she even joined up the same day I did. We bonded over Harry Potter since Half Blood Prince had just come out. The first person who talked Twi with me was SteelAzelea who invited me to go hang out on the nonsten thread. Back in those days it was just a place to make up rumors about who Rob might be sleeping with other than KStew and it was pretty frigging funny.

Thank you ladies for sticking around and making me laugh every day!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:39 am

I just emailed the link to UC & Moon. I hope you ladies like it! http://happyanniversaryltt.wordpress.com/
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LittleSecrets » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:57 am

JodieO wrote:I just emailed the link to UC & Moon. I hope you ladies like it! http://happyanniversaryltt.wordpress.com/

Like it? LOVE IT :D Thanks, Jodie for assembling this masterpiece!
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby LittleSecrets » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:03 pm

I have an OFF TOPIC question, and since I know this is a safe place to ask stupid questions (a.k.a. I'm not on twitter so feel free to mock me there!), here it goes...

I've seen some stuff this morning about Bel Ami showing at a special event in Belgium on 1/3/2012. There was much talk about it being rated pg-13 and how this is Summit's fault. Is this really possible? Can one company really impact another's rating of a movie? I swear I'm not trying to pot-stir, I am clueless about how studios function. It seems silly to me to blame Summit for that especially when there are so many other things to throw tomatoes at them for doing.
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Happy Anniversary Moon and UC! 3333333333333333333333333333333333333

I discovered Twilight in December of 2008 when I harassed a friend of mine for reading a book during the one time a year when we were invited to observe our 5 year olds dance during dance class. She was reading Eclipse and "couldn't put it down." I laughed at her and the next day she left a copy of Twilight on my porch with a note that said: "Here you read it and see if you can put it down." :shock:

I finished reading Breaking Dawn in early January, saw Twilight the same week in the theater and "Wow that guy that plays Edward Cullen is pretty. Much prettier than on the cover of Twilight." Hmmm. I needed more. Google became my friend and one day early 2009 it lead me to LTR. The first post I read was this letter to Clare. http://letterstorob.wordpress.com/2009/02/05/pass-this-message-along-to-your-mum/ And I've been hooked ever since.

LTR lead me to the Flat, and in June of 2009 I got brave and de-lurked. I'm so glad that I did! THANK YOU for writing countless letters to Rob and for creating and maintaining this wonderful Flat where I have made real friends that I care about. We check in daily (or whenever circumstances allow) to see who's having a bad/good day, cheer those who are eating healthy and exercising, wish luck to those looking for new jobs, send hugs to those who are feeling sick, trade recipies, laugh at silly happenings/pictures and, yes, drool a little over Rob, or Jackson, or Rob, or Kellan, or Rob, or Snape, or Rob, or Tom, or Rob, or Sam, or Rob . . . . .

The first Flatmate that I met up with in person was PinkPixieChick for a midnight showing of Eclipse. I was a little nervous since I'd never met up with an online friend before, but she is wonderful and we were chatting like BFFs in no time. It just felt wrong when I went to a midnight BD show without her, but I couldn't finagle a trip to Seattle. :x Since then I've met many wonderful Flatmates (BB, YHIM, Manda, L40s, VRL, KK) and even managed to encounter a charming trio of Brit Boys - with a lot of help from D_E.

I know this isn't Thanksgiving, but I am thankful for UC and Moon and that they created LTR, LTT, and Rob's Flat. 333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
Last edited by Alexandra on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:09 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:I have an OFF TOPIC question, and since I know this is a safe place to ask stupid questions (a.k.a. I'm not on twitter so feel free to mock me there!), here it goes...

I've seen some stuff this morning about Bel Ami showing at a special event in Belgium on 1/3/2012. There was much talk about it being rated pg-13 and how this is Summit's fault. Is this really possible? Can one company really impact another's rating of a movie? I swear I'm not trying to pot-stir, I am clueless about how studios function. It seems silly to me to blame Summit for that especially when there are so many other things to throw tomatoes at them for doing.

If Summit isn't the studio attached to the film I can't imagine how the rating would be their fault. I would think it more likely that the producers of Bel Ami, in the desire to make money on the film, would want to make the film available to as many of Rob's fans as possible. Since it's generally assumed that only teenagers love Rob, they would tone down the sex to get a lower rating and sell more tickets. I could be wrong, though.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:12 pm

JodieO wrote:I just emailed the link to UC & Moon. I hope you ladies like it! http://happyanniversaryltt.wordpress.com/

Jodie, you're a rock star. I love it! You said it all better than I ever could have. I'm tempted to comment and just say: "What she said."
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby LittleSecrets » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:14 pm

JodieO wrote:
LittleSecrets wrote:I have an OFF TOPIC question, and since I know this is a safe place to ask stupid questions (a.k.a. I'm not on twitter so feel free to mock me there!), here it goes...

If Summit isn't the studio attached to the film I can't imagine how the rating would be their fault. I would think it more likely that the producers of Bel Ami, in the desire to make money on the film, would want to make the film available to as many of Rob's fans as possible. Since it's generally assumed that only teenagers love Rob, they would tone down the sex to get a lower rating and sell more tickets. I could be wrong, though.

That's what I thought, too. I should just remember to never read the comments on other sites. Watching people go bat-shit crazy is only entertaining for a few minutes at a time ;)
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby lori_seals » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:30 pm

Great job, Jodie!!!

Happy Anniversary, UC and Moon!!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:44 pm

This.
Is.
Perfect.

Thank you Jodie, for putting that post of fucking awesomeness together. You rock. Hard.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Joders!!! (my new name for you) If I ever have a blog and it ever lasts for more than 3.5 months, I want YOU to be the offical Blogiversity post maker!!!!!
It was pure awesomeness!!!

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:57 pm

Awwh, shucks. You're all very kind. R4L gave me a shove in the right direction and hunted down the photos and made the gifs. The Scrabble board (seriously, click on that sucker) came courtesy of Amy. =)

Thank you, everyone for your help!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 2011