Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die
This is the end

So it's finally upon us. The END of the Saga is at hand. The premier is today. I expected to feel more, but really I'm mostly indifferent and a little relieved. I do sort of wish I'd gone to LA, but only because it's the last big LTT blowout there will ever be. And even then, it's just a small tinge of sadness and not the burning jealousy I would have felt in 2009. But still, all things must end and I know all of YOU will still be around and that makes everything better.

How is everyone else feeling about this? Sad? Excited?

Make sure you are following Moon & UC on Twitter. https://twitter.com/letter2twilight They are in LA and are all kinds of important again! They even had their photo taken with the Nutty Madame! Hopefully this time Moon will actually get to interview Rob instead of just shouting at him from over Mike's shoulder.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: This is the End

Postby lori_seals » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:58 am

JodieO wrote: I expected to feel more, but really I'm mostly indifferent and a little relieved. I do sort of wish I'd gone to LA, but only because it's the last big LTT blowout there will ever be. And even then, it's just a small tinge of sadness and not the burning jealousy I would have felt in 2009.

You've pretty much summed up how I feel.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 am

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote: I expected to feel more, but really I'm mostly indifferent and a little relieved. I do sort of wish I'd gone to LA, but only because it's the last big LTT blowout there will ever be. And even then, it's just a small tinge of sadness and not the burning jealousy I would have felt in 2009.

You've pretty much summed up how I feel.

We'll have to have another girls' weekend in NYC or Boston or someplace.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:08 am

well crap! there I was, merrily posting in the old thread, w/out realizing it was locked :oops: :roll: so go back and read if you want my opinions on "the voice", and me making fun of my own spelling errors :P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby dancing_echoes » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:42 am

There's something going on tonight??
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby Gianna » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 am

TOFT - regarding WD
Thats what I thought...that the zombie had eaten Lori. I kept waiting for her to come around the corner. But here is the biggest question : WHO WAS ON THE PHONE???????

I didn't know that BD2 was tonight. I am a bad fan, apparently. I am ready for it all to be over. It was great while it lasted, but now just needs to be finished. :|
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 am

dancing_echoes wrote:There's something going on tonight??

Wheeeeee!!! ILY.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:53 am

Gianna wrote:

Wheeeeee!!! ILY.

;)

ILYT!
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby lori_seals » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:55 am

Yes, Steelers football. :D
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby amynkansas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:10 pm

well I am just going to put on my pattinson pants and scream it from the rooftops that I AM excited about the movie this week!!!!!
But so you know, I am a fan of ANTICIPATION in and of itself. I LOVE the waiting for things. I hate when the waiting it over because, rarely are things as cool as I expect/want them to be....

I am spending the ENTIRE day at the movie theater watching the marathon with a bunch of people i don't know. did I already post about this? I got hooked up on Twitter with a bunch of KC Twi fans. We have the Cinema Suites rented out for the day and it starts at 11:30am and BD2 starts at 10pm. But the chairs recline and they serve booze and I will be sure to bring my LTT flask (thanks to a thoughtful xmas gift from mandaliz a couple years ago). And is it pathetic that I am hoping that one of these tiwtter people will be my new best friend..? I really need a buddy to hang out with
*hugs self*

I AM bringing one RL friend (but not really a "hang out buddy") so if the rest of them our nut-jobs, me and jess can make fun of them.

It will be fun to break it all down with you guys (that actually go see it). I am super jealous that I am not in LA with a bunch of cool gals but I have to get over that. I really like the idea of us planning a meet up sometime in 2013. I have never been to NY or anywhere North East, so count me in!!!
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby Gianna » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:11 pm

lori_seals wrote:

Speaking of, Mr G and I are doing a pick-em competition between the two of us to see who picks the most NFL games correctly this season. Guess who is up by three games? Hint: not Mr G. :D
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Gianna wrote:TOFT - regarding Walking Dead
Thats what I thought...that the zombie had eaten Lori. I kept waiting for her to come around the corner. But here is the biggest question : WHO WAS ON THE PHONE???????

I think Ricks only line in the whole episode was "hello".
Seriously, who was on the phone?!!! And I saw that they buried Carol but I don't remember them finding her body.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:16 pm

lori_seals wrote:

My DH is gone for the week...again...so I will have a football free house for 5 days!!! :D
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby lori_seals » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Gianna wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Speaking of, Mr G and I are doing a pick-em competition between the two of us to see who picks the most NFL games correctly this season. Guess who is up by three games? Hint: not Mr G. :D

lmao! Good job!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:28 pm

amynkansas wrote:

Seriously, who was on the phone?!!! And I saw that they buried Carol but I don't remember them finding her body.

We never did see Carol actually get killed. In my memory, if they want you to know someone is dead, we see it. She is out there somewhere is my guess...they elude to that in the previews for next week a little bit.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Gianna wrote:
amynkansas wrote:

We never did see Carol actually get killed. In my memory, if they want you to know someone is dead, we see it. She is out there somewhere is my guess...they elude to that in the previews for next week a little bit.

Then why did they go through the trouble of digging a grave for her body if there was no body?
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:34 pm

i love me a bicep
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby Gianna » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:59 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Gianna wrote:

Then why did they go through the trouble of digging a grave for her body if there was no body?

Not sure but the dug one for Lori and the other guy too, so maybe just to have a place to grieve? I could be wrong, but I just think we haven't seen the last of Carol yet! When Michonne finds the notebook in the Governor's apartment and the list of names followed by the tally marks...what are those? My guess is that the scientist guy is trying to find a cure or reverse the effects and those are the failed experiments? Not a clue...
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:11 pm

All joking aside though, I do miss when this was fun...and spending time with my LTT girls wandering around the city. 3333
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby lori_seals » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:26 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:All joking aside though, I do miss when this was fun...and spending time with my LTT girls wandering around the city. 3333

lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby toooldforthis » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:23 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Gianna wrote:
amynkansas wrote:

I must have been drinking too much during the show :lol: because I didn't get that the zombie had eaten Laurie. When I saw the huge belly, at first I thought it was Laurie and she had just decomposed really quickly!

I think Carol's still alive and maybe she is the one on the phone? Perhaps she came across a phone somewhere else in the prison and is calling for help? Maybe Rick has just gone insane?

I don't know what all those tally marks are in the Governor's book, but I had a very "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" vibe during that scene. :?
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby toooldforthis » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Gianna wrote:I didn't know that BD2 was tonight. I am a bad fan, apparently. I am ready for it all to be over. It was great while it lasted, but now just needs to be finished. :|

Yup. I think part of it is that the movies seem to be getting worse with each new release. :? I know a lot of it is the source material. sorry but I hated Breaking Dawn The first one was cheesy and campy and it worked and I kind of still liked it. NM wasn't horrible. But Eclipse and especially BD1 were just embarassing. And the few clips that I've seen of BD2 ....... yikes. :?

Having said all that, I will be in the theater on Sunday afternoon (drink in hand) to finish out the series.
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Gianna » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:50 pm

toooldforthis wrote:
Gianna wrote:I didn't know that BD2 was tonight. I am a bad fan, apparently. I am ready for it all to be over. It was great while it lasted, but now just needs to be finished. :|

Yup. I think part of it is that the movies seem to be getting worse with each new release. :? I know a lot of it is the source material. sorry but I hated Breaking Dawn The first one was cheesy and campy and it worked and I kind of still liked it. NM wasn't horrible. But Eclipse and especially BD1 were just embarassing. And the few clips that I've seen of BD2 ....... yikes. :?

Having said all that, I will be in the theater on Sunday afternoon (drink in hand) to finish out the series.

Oh I will see it, but probably not until it is on DVD. I just don't have anyone here that would go with me and I am not super big on going to the movie alone. The good news is that by then, I will know what cheesy parts to watch for. ;)
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby VintageRobLover » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:31 pm

JodieO wrote:

I haven't watched any of the promos yet, but I do have a ticket for the 10 pm show on Thursday. I knew I wasn't as excited for this one when I heard the theater I have tickets for was closed due to damage from Sandy. I kinda shrugged and thought I'll just wait for Friday or Saturday. The theater has reopened.
ImageImageImageImage
VintageRobLover
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby amynkansas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:07 pm

VintageRobLover wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I haven't watched any of the promos yet, but I do have a ticket for the 10 pm show on Thursday. I knew I wasn't as excited for this one when I heard the theater I have tickets for was closed due to damage from Sandy. I kinda shrugged and thought I'll just wait for Friday or Saturday. The theater has reopened.

I hate it when I'm the only loser.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats