Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Breaking Dawn 2 Discussion - SPOILERS

Postby JodieO » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:47 pm

Talk about Breaking Dawn here.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: Breaking Dawn 2 Discussion - SPOILERS

Postby mandaliz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:22 am

Holy moly! That "twist" ending FREAKED. ME. OUT. I was all YOU KILLED CARLISLE AND JASPER AND SETH AND LEAH!!!!! I had all the rage. I was fuming dramatically in my head that they had ruined the entire saga with that one battle. When it turned out to just be Alice's vision I felt such physical relief.

I have to say, I really liked the movie. I was expecting to walk out of there disappointed, thinking it was anticlimactic bit I really liked it and am looking forward to seeing it again! It was funny, sweet, and well done. Except for creepy CGIed baby. Eww. *shudders* The end when she shares her memories of being in love with him made me cry. I'm even tearing up here just thinking about it.

I am sad it's over. I even started rereading Midnight Sun on my kindle between the movies in the marathon because I am not ready. It's been 3.5 years of my life wrapped up in this saga and yesterday made me sentimental and emotional. I love you all!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby amynkansas » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:58 am

I was all WHAT. THE. FUCK?! when Carlilse's head was ripped off. Then after the 4th big death..I thought...there is NO way. Then I had it figered out.
At the end I was so proud of my "bad wig/talking wolves/creepy baby/pause while they are in the middle of a sentence" movie company for throwing that twist in for us.

I also really like the openning credits graphics.
Was Jaspers hair less offence if this one?
I liked that Emmet had more than 2 lines in the film.
Enjoyed the fact that Bella actually appeared to like Edward in this one
Edward looked HOT....as always
Charlie was adorable and I will miss him... along with the rest of the characters.
RIP Twilight.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:02 am

mandaliz wrote:Holy moly! That "twist" ending FREAKED. ME. OUT. I was all YOU KILLED CARLISLE AND JASPER AND SETH AND LEAH!!!!! I had all the rage. I was fuming dramatically in my head that they had ruined the entire saga with that one battle. When it turned out to just be Alice's vision I felt such physical relief.

I have to say, I really liked the movie. I was expecting to walk out of there disappointed, thinking it was anticlimactic bit I really liked it and am looking forward to seeing it again! It was funny, sweet, and well done. Except for creepy CGIed baby. Eww. *shudders* The end when she shares her memories of being in love with him made me cry. I'm even tearing up here just thinking about it.

I am sad it's over. I even started rereading Midnight Sun on my kindle between the movies in the marathon because I am not ready. It's been 3.5 years of my life wrapped up in this saga and yesterday made me sentimental and emotional. I love you all!

It's hard to believe it has been that long.....
Speaking of long ;) I thought watching 12 hours of movie would drag... but the day went by so fast!!! The 30 miutes they left in between the movies gave me just enough time to pee and chat a bit and then the next movie would start. Other than nodding off a bit during Twilight... I was attentive for the whole day/night.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby BrooklynBabe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:15 am

I didn't do the marathon, my ass wouldn't have been able to take it. Saw the 10:16 show with VRL.

My thoughts: I really liked it. Apart from some cheesy and cringeworthy moments, (it is a Twi movie afterall), it was much better than I expected. In most scenes Edward look fuckhot. Almost as good as he looked in the first Twi. And it was nice to see him so happy for part of the movie. Though the makeup and wigs still left alot to be desired, there were certain scenes where both Alice and Rosalie looked stunning and Papa C looked good. Too bad they couldn't consistently be that way. The CGI of the baby was horrendeous and creepy. Billy Burke was awesome. Did not see the twist coming and was grateful it was kept underwraps. And I loved the b and w credits at the end. Also loved that some parts were really funny. And I must say I was sad at the end. It was a bittersweet feeling that all this is ending in a way. I think the best thing that happened to me because of these movies was meeting you guys whether thru computer or in real life. Rob is just an added bonus.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:56 am

I said I wasn't going to do it, all week I kept building up my self-control; I will NOT peek at spoilers!! I failed, of course :lol: but let me tell you, I am SO GLAD I caved and read your comments (and the review from LTT) b/c if I saw Carlisle die, let alone in that manner, I would probably throw up all my popcorn in a mess of hyperventilating sobs & tears :o also, I'd spent WEEKS trying to come up with diff't scenarios of what the twist could possibly be, and I was so afraid that my own personal build up would just be a set up for disappointment, that I had to come in here and read some reviews :? ( I should write down my ideas and try a vamp fanfic, b/c my twists were awesome! :P :oops: ) I'm looking very forward to the director's "love letter" to us fans at the end tho, I figured it would be flashbacks of E & B; I'll be sure to bring my tissues 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby toooldforthis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:14 am

I'm not seeing it until Sunday but I caved and read the spoilers. Big shock! ;) I had guessed what the "twist" would be based on some of the hints people were dropping.

I've read some reviews but I'm curious as to what you guys who have seen it think:

1 - How bad was the CGI baby? I heard it was baaaaaaddd!

2 - Was the E/B love montage good?

3 - And the biggest question: How was the sex scene? I saw some reviewers say it was borderline explicit but then others said it was very tame.
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:23 am

toooldforthis wrote:I'm not seeing it until Sunday but I caved and read the spoilers. Big shock! ;) I had guessed what the "twist" would be based on some of the hints people were dropping.

I've read some reviews but I'm curious as to what you guys who have seen it think:

3 - And the biggest question: How was the sex scene? I saw some reviewers say it was borderline explicit but then others said it was very tame.

CGI baby was CREEPY.

E/B lovey dovey times were good, IMO

I thought the sex scenes were suggestive enough but not explicit at all.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:37 am

I loved how playful E was in this movie. It cracked me up when he was laughing while B kicked J's ass for imprinting on R. :lol:
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby BrooklynBabe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:40 am

mandaliz wrote:I loved how playful E was in this movie. It cracked me up when he was laughing while B kicked J's ass for imprinting on R. :lol:

I think that and the scene where Jacob reveals himself to Charlie was my favorite part of the movie.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:43 am

mandaliz wrote:Holy moly! That "twist" ending FREAKED. ME. OUT. I was all YOU KILLED CARLISLE AND JASPER AND SETH AND LEAH!!!!! I had all the rage. I was fuming dramatically in my head that they had ruined the entire saga with that one battle. When it turned out to just be Alice's vision I felt such physical relief.

Wait wait wait....

So the 'big battle scene' was all just Alice's vision? Do they then just shake hands and walk off for realsies like they do in the book?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby BrooklynBabe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:55 am

mandaliz wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:I'm not seeing it until Sunday but I caved and read the spoilers. Big shock! ;) I had guessed what the "twist" would be based on some of the hints people were dropping.

CGI baby was CREEPY. UBER-CREEPY. Right up there with the wolves talking in BD1.

E/B lovey dovey times were good, IMO Nice retrospective.

I thought the sex scenes were suggestive enough but not explicit at all. Not hot but sweet and intimate.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:56 am

JodieO wrote:

Wait wait wait....

So the 'big battle scene' was all just Alice's vision? Do they then just shake hands and walk off for realsies like they do in the book?

We have a winner.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:59 am

BrooklynBabe wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Wait wait wait....

We have a winner.

Are you motherfucking kidding me? They went and Newhart'ed the whole thing? I want to see it even less now.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby toooldforthis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:28 am

mandaliz wrote:I loved how playful E was in this movie. It cracked me up when he was laughing while B kicked J's ass for imprinting on R. :lol:

I may or may not be periodically checking youtube for (perfectly legal :? ) uploaded videos.
From the little bits that I've seen, Edward looks good in this movie. Like, Twilight good.
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:43 am

JodieO wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:
JodieO wrote:Wait wait wait....

We have a winner.

Are you motherfucking kidding me? They went and Newhart'ed the whole thing? I want to see it even less now.

when discussing the battle/non-battle a few months ago with my DH, he jokingly said they should totally do a Bobby Ewing shower scene ending- where it all was just a dream...fuck! I hate it when he's right :x (and so Melissa R should stop patting herself on the back for her creative "twist" since my husband, the twilight hater, even called it :roll: )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 pm

I don't think the sex scenes were that explicit but they were PASSIONATE and intimate, which I really needed these characters to show.

I was more impressed with the Charlie and Sue sex scenes....That girl knows her trout! ;)
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby toooldforthis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 pm

amynkansas wrote:

I don't think the sex scenes were that explicit but they were PASSIONATE and intimate, which I really needed these characters to show.

I was more impressed with the Charlie and Sue sex scenes....That girl knows her trout! ;)

:lol: Finally Charlie gets some! It's been a long dry spell.

So we finally get some E/B passion? Does it surpass the Twilight bedroom kiss?
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby BakingNath » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Surprisingly, BD2 has had really good press reviews here compared to the previous episodes..

I really liked it despite the awfull french voices .. the worst of it were all the non-mackenzie renesmee(s) .. really creepy, and i think the creepiest is her look when she is presented to Charlie.
CHarlie is great, Aro too, Garett too... I don t know why but Tanya and Kate look a bit weird to me..
I loved the strip tease scene and bella discovering jacob imprinted on her daughter and found really good the hunting scene too.
About the battle scene my main feeling was disbelief, i went from "ok they had to kill carlisle in order to lauch the battle".. then "ok Seths death is to even on the wolves side", for Leah and Esme i found it a bit too much, but loved the "reaction" of the Voluri brother who s welcoming death... and i was more and more "wow, they kept really close to the book and now That !!.. wow.." ... and when it appeared it was Alice s vision was a surprise.. (btw i dont know how it is in the us or in gb but in France the audience is relatively quiet.. the collective gasp in the theatre was louder than the laughs at previous scenes..)
And the rolling credits with the images of all the characters/actors almost made me sad..

I think i will definitely go back to see it again this week end
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby toooldforthis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:47 pm

I cheated :o and saw the clip of Edward smirking and egging Bella on as she kicks Jacob's ass. :lol:
The Team Edward girl in me was fist pumping. ;)
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:28 am

I agree with everything that has been said!

I'm going to say the fight scene isn't necessarily a *twist* per se since the book wasn't *actually* changed. Alice does have a vision (though I don't remember if she actually touched Aro or not) but it does a better job of explaining why Aro suddenly wants to back off. In the books, he's cornered by logic and HAS to leave or expose himself as corrupt. And while that still true, I think it was also necessary to see that he was to nervous to push it. That said, I LOVE that they just went fucking CRAZY with it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The book nerd in me, though, wanted to yell in the theater ALICE CAN'T SEE WOLVES SHE WOULDN'T SEE IT THIS IS WRONG!" But it was too much fun and I like it so....who cares? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: I did get emotional when the puppies got hurt. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I also like the way they stream lined JJenks. That was a serious waste of trees in the book.

Favorite Parts:
Edward is hot. Seriously. Those promo pictures we saw made him look awful. So happy that wasn't the case
Jasper looked hot.
Jacob was funny again! I missed him! I loved his strip tease for Charlie, confessing to Bella about Renesmee, talking about the romanians. Looooved him!
Edward was funny!
CGI baby was creepy but that only lasted like...3 frames. Thank God.
SO glad they changed the "My son" to "Can I call you dad?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I honestly think only someone as non-threatening as Tay Tay could pull off the whole imprinting thing without being creepy. AND IT WASN'T AT ALL!
Aro laugh. What the fuck??? hahahaah!
Opening credits were gorgeous!
End credits made me all schmoopy emotional.

And it was also awkward during the credits when everyone cheered for PFach...then Tay Tay...then SO LOUD for Rob....then silence for Stewy. I mean, no one yelled anything but it was a loaded silence. I felt a little bad for Kristen. Not that bad though, she'll be juuuuuust fine.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Alexandra » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:52 am

Kay Kay wrote:
And it was also awkward during the credits when everyone cheered for PFach...then Tay Tay...then SO LOUD for Rob....then silence for Stewy. I mean, no one yelled anything but it was a loaded silence. I felt a little bad for Kristen. Not that bad though, she'll be juuuuuust fine.

You should have been with us. Cheers in the opening and closing credits for Rob and Tay. Silence for KS- unless you count my movie BFF who loudly said "WHORE". I almost dropped my popcorn. And she looked at me and said "Well she is...."
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby toooldforthis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:37 am

Kay Kay wrote:I agree with everything that has been said!

I'm going to say the fight scene isn't necessarily a *twist* per se since the book wasn't *actually* changed. Alice does have a vision (though I don't remember if she actually touched Aro or not) but it does a better job of explaining why Aro suddenly wants to back off. In the books, he's cornered by logic and HAS to leave or expose himself as corrupt. And while that still true, I think it was also necessary to see that he was to nervous to push it. That said, I LOVE that they just went fucking CRAZY with it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The book nerd in me, though, wanted to yell in the theater ALICE CAN'T SEE WOLVES SHE WOULDN'T SEE IT THIS IS WRONG!" But it was too much fun and I like it so....who cares? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: I did get emotional when the puppies got hurt. :cry: :cry: :cry:

You're right! I didn't even think of that. You are a nerd! :ugeek:
And I love you for it. ;)
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby amynkansas » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Alexandra wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:

You should have been with us. Cheers in the opening and closing credits for Rob and Tay. Silence for KS- unless you count my movie BFF who loudly said "WHORE". I almost dropped my popcorn. And she looked at me and said "Well she is...."

I was in a rented out theater where there were only 30 of us. During Eclipse when Bella was macking on Jacob before the big fight I *may* have yelled out "oh, this seems fimiliar!"
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
I also like the way they stream lined JJenks. That was a serious waste of trees in the book.

Props goes to MR for writing a good script.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other