Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 am

So it's all over! Was it a fun ride? It sure was a roller coaster at some times, but I'm glad we all took the ride together anyway. There's no finer ladies I"d want to take such a journey with and I hope that even though there won't be any more Twilight that you'll all continue to hang out here and entertain me have fun just like always.

The last two pages of the last thread are full of book recommendations and I highly suggest you peruse them because we'll need a new obsession before long! Or at the very least a reason to all meet up for something. Right?

This is my latest obsession. Feel free to post photos of him all you want. And if anyone ever wants to crunk North & South and swoon with me, then just say the word.

Mind you, I'm still on my men of Downton Abbey kick, too...

Who is everyone else into right now?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:54 am

kelbel75 wrote:so my son had to do a fun Christmas themed worksheet for extra credit last night, where you had to guess the Christmas song by synonyms. some were easy and some were really hard!

example: colorless yuletide (white Christmas) :D wanna play?

:?: Array the Corridors

Deck the Halls.

:?: Hey, Douglas Fir. :?:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 am

amynkansas wrote:Kel, you said you never made it through Water for Elephants. You should try the audiobook..It is read my FAVORITE narrator...David LeDoux. I dig this guy's voice so much that sometimes I just pick one of "his" books and he reads me to sleep at night through my ipod.

I get most of my audiobooks through the library. Either through audiobook CDs or through their Downloadable book website. IF there are any that you are interested in and can't find or have too many holds, let me know and I will check my online library. I can give you my info and you can download them. I also have several (20+) ripped to my itunes so I can put them in my Cloud and you can get them from there. Once you download an audiobook to your ipod it will stay on there forever until you delete it.

My favorite romance novel audiobook is Natural Born Charmer by Suasan Elizabeth Phillips. It is read by my favorite FEMALE narrator, Anna Fields aka Kate Fleming. It is an old book (1990's) but whenever I just want something light and funny with a smidge of smut, it's my go to book. I bet I read/listen to it about once a year.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 am

JodieO wrote: :?: Hey, Douglas Fir. :?:

:lol: "O Christmas Tree"

:?: Loyal Followers Advance
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:07 am

amynkansas wrote:My favorite romance novel audiobook is Natural Born Charmer by Suasan Elizabeth Phillips. It is read by my favorite FEMALE narrator, Anna Fields aka Kate Fleming. It is an old book (1990's) but whenever I just want something light and funny with a smidge of smut, it's my go to book. I bet I read/listen to it about once a year.

this one sounds really cute :)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:13 am

amynkansas wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:Im going to rec the Finnickin of the rock series. Its a fun fantasy series from an Australian author. Mr. kk even liked it and he's not a reader.

sounds like my DH & son would like this one too 8-)

I couldn't get into that book, but maybe I will give it a try again.

I started reading/listening to Ready Player One but I stopped because I think my 12 yr old boy will LOVE it too so I am waiting to continue because we are getting it for him for Christmas. it will be fun to read it "together".
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:14 am

btw, I'm one of the few who isn't phased by the Twi movies being over. it isn't "the end" to me, I mean technically the storyline is not moving forward, yes ;) but my Twi obsession is still the same :) I won't be getting new content to swoon/discuss, but it's not "dead" to me :geek:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:22 am

amynkansas wrote:I started reading/listening to Ready Player One but I stopped because I think my 12 yr old boy will LOVE it too so I am waiting to continue because we are getting it for him for Christmas. it will be fun to read it "together".

oh, that one sounds good too! I'm getting so many great suggestions 8-) I actually started my "list" while I was looking for books that my 12yr. old boy would like (he's very picky :roll: ) so I googled "YA books for boys" and came across a few diff't reading lists where I hope he'll be able to find something.
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:24 am

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote: :?: Hey, Douglas Fir. :?:

:lol: "O Christmas Tree"

:?: Loyal Followers Advance

O Come, All Ye Faithful

:?: Cold Weather Fun Place :?:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:24 am

Hello! I took yesterday off in the hopes of wrapping all the things and getting a few last minute teacher presents (ie: Gift Cards purchased), but unfortunately my 9 yr old had other plans for me. She threw up on Tuesday night and was generally miserable yesterday morning. So my morning of gift wrapping in peace and quiet turned into a trip to the Dr. to learn that she has a bug. :roll: Then she was a gigantic PITA the rest of the day. She bitched when I stopped at Starbucks on the way home from the Dr. She did lay down and nap for an hour, but then she wanted to "help" while I wrapped. Gone was my peace and quiet, gone was my Christmas music . . . . She really did want to help, but you know that made everything take longer. :x Then since the oldest one knew I was home, she called and begged me to drop everything and pick her up at school to avoid riding the bus. . . . . End result: only 3/4 of the things are wrapped, but I'll get the rest done tonight. Hopefully after they all go to bed and without any "help".
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:26 am

JodieO wrote: :?: Cold Weather Fun Place Where No One Grows Up :?:

"Winter Wonderland"

:?: Far Off in a Feeder :P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:34 am

kelbel75 wrote:btw, I'm one of the few who isn't phased by the Twi movies being over. it isn't "the end" to me, I mean technically the storyline is not moving forward, yes ;) but my Twi obsession is still the same :) I won't be getting new content to swoon/discuss, but it's not "dead" to me :geek:

THIS. I feel the same.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 am

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote: :?: Cold Weather Fun Place Where No One Grows Up :?:

"Winter Wonderland"

:?: Far Off in a Feeder :P

Hahahaha! This one had me stumped for a minute.

"Away in A Manger"

Hmmmmm now how about:

:?: Glacial Precipitation in the form of ice crystals Homo Sapien :?: :D
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:47 am

Alexandra wrote:
Hmmmmm now how about:

:?: Glacial Precipitation in the form of ice crystals Homo Sapien :?: :D [/color]

Fosty the snowman?
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:18 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
Hmmmmm now how about:

:?: Glacial Precipitation in the form of ice crystals Homo Sapien :?: :D [/color]

Fosty the snowman?

Correct!
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Greetings from my igloo! We got 13 inches of snow last night, with an additional 2 or 3 this morning. Worst part is the wind...we are getting gusts of 40-50 MPH so everything is drifting everywhere. Mr G is out trying to snowblow the driveway and sidewalks and he's been out there a while. It took our neighbors well over an hour. :|
Right now I am working at the kitchen table and I have hot cocoa going on the stove for when he gets done.

This was out my dining room window this morning...it just LOOKS cold:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Warning: boring dentist story ahead, with no actual point. skip if you're in a hurry.

i went to the dentist yesterday. I needed a tiny filling at the base of one of my teeth. It has been super sensitive for the past year or so. it's not a cavity but instead, its just where the gum line has receded and exposes part of my tooth that doesn't have enough protective enamel.

SO he knows that I don't take well to anesthetic, (meaning: i always need more than the average person) so he said he is going to give me something that shoots straight into the bone in my jaw (insert cringing here :? )

LONG story longer: it takes him an HOUR just to get me SORT OF numb. He finally says, "this is a small job, can you handle 10 seconds of pain?" After an hour of him shooting about 85 needles into my jaw and gums I told him to "just get it done". It took him 8 seconds to drill the hole. He did the actually filling in about 3 minutes.

It was a very tense hour yesterday. And today my mouth is SO SORE!!!! It took a beating yesterday. He said the only other person he has ever had in his 20 years of practice, that the "bone" shot didn't work on was....my son. He said we have VERY dense bones...which normally is a great thing.

so this means no osteoporosis for amy!!!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:42 pm

we only got about 3-4 inches. But THAT WIND is something else!!!

Stay warm Gia!!!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:45 pm

My oldest shared this funny story with me yesterday when I asked about her day at school. She was assigned to work with this guy in class and she said he has a British accent. I asked if he moved from the UK. Her response: "You'd think so huh? But no. He's just crazy." Apparently this kid has spoken with a British accent since school started in Sept. (This is middle school, so she didn't go to school with him before Sept.) Once a teacher told him to use his real voice in class and he just keep answering with an accent. Since she was working with him, she asked yesterday, "So are you from the UK?" He said No. She asked if his parents were from the UK. No. The whole time he kept talking in a British accent. She finally just lost it and asked "Then why do you talk with an accent that sounds like you came from London?" His response: British people are cool. :roll: :roll: :roll: She said she rolled her eyes, decided he was nuts and went back to the school work. Apparently since Sept, she had never heard him speak without a British accent. :roll: This kid must drive his parents nuts. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Gianna wrote:Greetings from my igloo! We got 13 inches of snow last night, with an additional 2 or 3 this morning. Worst part is the wind...we are getting gusts of 40-50 MPH so everything is drifting everywhere. Mr G is out trying to snowblow the driveway and sidewalks and he's been out there a while. It took our neighbors well over an hour. :|
Right now I am working at the kitchen table and I have hot cocoa going on the stove for when he gets done.

This was out my dining room window this morning...it just LOOKS cold:

So what you are telling me is that you aren't going to make it to my house tonight to finish wrapping all those frigging gifts? ;) ;) ;)

Seriously that looks beautiful and oh so cold. Poor frozen Mr. G. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 pm

amynkansas wrote:Warning: boring dentist story ahead, with no actual point. skip if you're in a hurry.

i went to the dentist yesterday. I needed a tiny filling at the base of one of my teeth. It has been super sensitive for the past year or so. it's not a cavity but instead, its just where the gum line has receded and exposes part of my tooth that doesn't have enough protective enamel.

SO he knows that I don't take well to anesthetic, (meaning: i always need more than the average person) so he said he is going to give me something that shoots straight into the bone in my jaw (insert cringing here :? )

LONG story longer: it takes him an HOUR just to get me SORT OF numb. He finally says, "this is a small job, can you handle 10 seconds of pain?" After an hour of him shooting about 85 needles into my jaw and gums I told him to "just get it done". It took him 8 seconds to drill the hole. He did the actually filling in about 3 minutes.

It was a very tense hour yesterday. And today my mouth is SO SORE!!!! It took a beating yesterday. He said the only other person he has ever had in his 20 years of practice, that the "bone" shot didn't work on was....my son. He said we have VERY dense bones...which normally is a great thing.

so this means no osteoporosis for amy!!!

I think I physically shuddered while reading this part. Eeeep!!!!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Alexandra wrote:My oldest shared this funny story with me yesterday when I asked about her day at school. She was assigned to work with this guy in class and she said he has a British accent. I asked if he moved from the UK. Her response: "You'd think so huh? But no. He's just crazy." Apparently this kid has spoken with a British accent since school started in Sept. (This is middle school, so she didn't go to school with him before Sept.) Once a teacher told him to use his real voice in class and he just keep answering with an accent. Since she was working with him, she asked yesterday, "So are you from the UK?" He said No. She asked if his parents were from the UK. No. The whole time he kept talking in a British accent. She finally just lost it and asked "Then why do you talk with an accent that sounds like you came from London?" His response: British people are cool. :roll: :roll: :roll: She said she rolled her eyes, decided he was nuts and went back to the school work. Apparently since Sept, she had never heard him speak without a British accent. :roll: This kid must drive his parents nuts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like your daughter is smart! Or maybe HE is actually not crazy, but rather he knows that girls swoon for the British accent...he's just gearing up for high school!!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Alexandra wrote:Image

So what you are telling me is that you aren't going to make it to my house tonight to finish wrapping all those frigging gifts? ;) ;) ;)

Seriously that looks beautiful and oh so cold. Poor frozen Mr. G. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
[/quote]

Um, no. There will be no leaving the house today, sadly! If you lived close enough, I would put on my snow gear and traipse on over for a wrapping party! ;)
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Alexandra wrote:She finally just lost it and asked "Then why do you talk with an accent that sounds like you came from London?" His response: British people are cool.

Yes, BRITISH people ARE cool...but americans PRETENDING to be British...not so much.

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:27 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Alexandra wrote:She finally just lost it and asked "Then why do you talk with an accent that sounds like you came from London?" His response: British people are cool.

Yes, BRITISH people ARE cool...but americans PRETENDING to be British...not so much.

HEY.

You asked me to make that suit! It took weeks to do that! Hrmph!

;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats