Go to footer

Healthy For The Holidays!!!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Healthy For The Holidays!!!

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:04 pm

LCneiny wrote:Ohh I know I need to floss more and they say it's directly related to heart health (although I can't really figure that one out)

if you happen to have a cut in your mouth the bacteria that is hiding between your teeth can get into your bloodstream, go straight to your heart, and give you a heart attack. they tell me this EVERY time I go to the dentist, b/c I never floss :oops:

btw, I want in on the newest challenge 8-) and altho I've complained about the point system in the past, I think I really need it this time :| *sigh*
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby SeattleLisa » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:19 am

Kel- Yikes! I am running to go floss now!

I really need this next Challenge. I've really fallen off the vegetable wagon. :lol:

I challenged myself this morning to count calories along with Amy. (old school, pen & paper) I ate 1427 calories but that included Bella's mushroom ravioli from Bella Italia (yep, they actually sell it from their Pt. Angeles restaurant and I buy it in my local groc store in frozen foods). My choices weren't the healthiest at dinner BUT portion control was the name of the game today and I'm very happy I followed through.

I did walk 1.5 miles home from work but I didn't get on my rebounder as planned because I got home too late and have to go to bed too early tonight.

Sorry, this is one long ramble about boring stuff but I'm so damn happy that I followed through. I DID IT ANYWAY™! :D

Happy Weekend, All. I plan to cycle on Sunday morning. What fun events do you have planned?
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:37 am

Going to the International Motorcycle Show today. That means lots and lots and lots of walking. We normally wander around for at least 4 hours before we need to stop for sustenance.
Sunday gonna try to finally go see Life of Pi. (no spoilers please) :D

Right now though, I'm gonna go floss. Kelbel has horrified me with her heart attack lecture :o
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:34 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:Kelbel has horrified me :o

that's what I'm here for ;) :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby obava » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:30 pm

I posted an advert in The Flat on FB for peeps to join us in our new Challenge!

So what are we doing? Who is going to create the spreadsheet? Do we have a mod in charge of this, or is it going to be a group effort? do we have a list of members? Who is going to make us a new thread? What's the new Challenge going to be called?

Can you tell I've been working on my class prep and that I have SO MUCH TO DO I'M FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT?!?!? :lol:
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby amynkansas » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:41 pm

obava wrote:I posted an advert in The Flat on FB for peeps to join us in our new Challenge!

So what are we doing? Who is going to create the spreadsheet? Do we have a mod in charge of this, or is it going to be a group effort? do we have a list of members? Who is going to make us a new thread? What's the new Challenge going to be called?

Can you tell I've been working on my class prep and that I have SO MUCH TO DO I'M FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT?!?!? :lol:

tell your hiney to relax. i am pretty sure it will all be taken care of. LC and I have been exchanging emails trying to put the finishing touches on the spreadsheet (mostly LC).

Im not sure if she has a name in mind. Do you?

The Biggest Loser on NBC starts on Sunday. It's always a good show to walk on the treadmill to.
http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 am

Well, I'm in.
And if Kansas, LC or anybody official-like needs my help, I'm happy to give that too (i'm more of a worker bee than a queen bee, so I haven't volunteered to lead on anything, but I'm happy to put in any efforts where needed
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby obava » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:04 pm

amynkansas wrote:tell your hiney to relax. i am pretty sure it will all be taken care of. LC and I have been exchanging emails trying to put the finishing touches on the spreadsheet (mostly LC).

Whew! Thank you guys for doing this. And my hiney doesn't know *how* to relax :(
I am terrible at naming things but I love the ones with a Twi-twist to them! :D
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby LCneiny » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:38 pm

obava wrote:
amynkansas wrote:tell your hiney to relax. i am pretty sure it will all be taken care of. LC and I have been exchanging emails trying to put the finishing touches on the spreadsheet (mostly LC).

Whew! Thank you guys for doing this. And my hiney doesn't know *how* to relax :(
I am terrible at naming things but I love the ones with a Twi-twist to them! :D

I'm boring when it comes to names so I could use some suggestions for the new thread title.

"#RIPTwilight and #RIPbadeatinghabits"
"2013 with a smaller ass"

that's all I've got for now.

I'll have the spreadsheet ready later on tonight, going to hang out for a few hours with Mr. LC's side of the family.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:10 pm

After much research (15 minutes) I have come up with these Challenge title options.

I had an adrenaline rush... You can too!

You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

You're impossibly fast. And strong.

Someone who laughs at the gore that makes weaker men vomit

Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?

Hall monitors on steroids

You gotta get that protein in there

okay the 4th one is not really challenge related... but never fails to make me laugh.... Jacob, you scamp.

I am also okay with Health Challenge... 2013 for simplicity sake.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:05 pm

We are going to do this!!!!!

Get ready...I have a million of these. I will launch them at you at any time.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:54 pm

I like "Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?".
And I also like the motivational posters. I say we reinstate Motivational Mondays!
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby obava » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:19 pm

amynkansas wrote:You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!
You're impossibly fast. And strong.

I like these two. Thanks Amy! And good job getting on the treadmill today!
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby Muffinmom » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Made lentil soup today for weekday lunches. That's about all I've planned so far... oh, I do plan to make ratatouille for dinner tomorrow. AND I plan to get to bed early tonight.

Got Cosmopolis for Three King's day. WOOHOO!! Now I need to order my new wireless headphones so I can watch it on my tv when Muffin goes to bed.

Looooove this thread title option one: "You're impossibly fast. And strong." Le'ts DO THIS!!
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Question: what is Three Kings Day?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:31 pm

That's the day the 3 Maggi brought presents to the baby Jesus, also known as the 12th day of Christmas. My family celebrates this - at least I did as a kid growing up in PR, and I've kept the tradition.
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:10 pm

Muffinmom wrote:That's the day the 3 Maggi brought presents to the baby Jesus, also known as the 12th day of Christmas. My family celebrates this - at least I did as a kid growing up in PR, and I've kept the tradition.

So, like Orthodox Christmas?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:02 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:That's the day the 3 Maggi brought presents to the baby Jesus, also known as the 12th day of Christmas. My family celebrates this - at least I did as a kid growing up in PR, and I've kept the tradition.

So, like Orthodox Christmas?

You could say that... except that Santa Claus most definitely came here too, LOL!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser