Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Gianna » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:26 pm

LCneiny wrote:My day just took a huge nose dive. All of a sudden I'm anxious and stressed out and almost feel like I have to cry. Ugghhh WTF. It was in response to 2 different people in the workplace, and maybe I misinterpreted their actions/words but I'm feeling so uncomfortable and all I want to do is go home and crawl into bed. :oops: :x :cry:

I hate being a perfectionist and always wanting to make people happy without disappointing anyone.

Aw LC, don't cry girlie! Take a deep breath and don't stress. I hate feeling like that, too. Go home and snuggle your puppy (and your spouse!) and things will look better tomorrow. Promise! Hugs!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Clearly I have missed something, but who is this fine looking creature? #tardyfortheparty
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Close enough to a parking lot photo for me.

ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Grrrr! Maybe I was bit too hasty in this whole Buy-A-House business. The city library SUCKS! I'm reading Divergent finally and I am liking it so I went to see the ETA on the sequel Insurgent and it'll be at least two months! There are 4 books with 7 holds on it but each checkout is for 28 days. That's SO excessive! Even though the city I'm in is in in the same county as my new city, they have different library systems. Mine is currently linked with libraries in different cities so the waiting period is shorter and the inventory is better but I will now only have the choice of 3 libraries?? booooo. I still miss Fresno Library System. It was the WHOLE county and you could pick up/ return books to ANY branch AND book checkout was only two weeks. I got books so fast and I LOVED it. *sob* And don't even get me started on the lack of audio/digital books.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Gianna wrote:Image

Clearly I have missed something, but who is this fine looking creature? #tardyfortheparty

That's my new husband. He's making that face because he saw some dude swaggering up to me in the parking lot.

Clearly I have also gone insane.

It's Richard Armitage from North & South, Vicar of Dibley, The Hobbit, etc. It's who I've been obsessively posting photos of just lately.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Ok, so my cousin has been on the phone for 20 minutes talking a mile a minute and I just had to crank my ipod to ear-splitting level to drown her out.

She is a massage therapist and has a few clients here and there that she works with. She basically does it for a little extra pocket cash. She was just IM'ing with her 17-year-old brother's girlfriend's mother (is that already weird to anyone else?) and discovered that GFs mother bought him a $90(!!!!) gift certificate to a massage place and now she's all bent out of shape and is red in the face and nearly in tears. "Why would she buy him that when she KNOWS I'M a massage therapist?!"

Am I a cold heartless bitch because I don't think this is a big deal or does she have a right to be this upset?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Gianna wrote:
LCneiny wrote:My day just took a huge nose dive. All of a sudden I'm anxious and stressed out and almost feel like I have to cry. Ugghhh WTF. It was in response to 2 different people in the workplace, and maybe I misinterpreted their actions/words but I'm feeling so uncomfortable and all I want to do is go home and crawl into bed. :oops: :x :cry:

I hate being a perfectionist and always wanting to make people happy without disappointing anyone.

Aw LC, don't cry girlie! Take a deep breath and don't stress. I hate feeling like that, too. Go home and snuggle your puppy (and your spouse!) and things will look better tomorrow. Promise! Hugs!

Boo, LC! Don't be sad! If I was at home I'd find you a funny video to watch.

Hopefully these will help instead:

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:48 pm

JodieO wrote:Ok, so my cousin has been on the phone for 20 minutes talking a mile a minute and I just had to crank my ipod to ear-splitting level to drown her out.

She is a massage therapist and has a few clients here and there that she works with. She basically does it for a little extra pocket cash. She was just IM'ing with her 17-year-old brother's girlfriend's mother (is that already weird to anyone else?) and discovered that GFs mother bought him a $90(!!!!) gift certificate to a massage place and now she's all bent out of shape and is red in the face and nearly in tears. "Why would she buy him that when she KNOWS I'M a massage therapist?!"

Am I a cold heartless bitch because I don't think this is a big deal or does she have a right to be this upset?

So....she'd be massaging her brother??? Did I follow that correctly?? Who would knowingly send a 17 year old boy to get a massage by his sister? No one. You'd send them elsewhere. If anything she should be grateful.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:50 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:

AWWWEEE!!!!!

And oh LC! I can sympathize with wanting to not let people down. I get so embarrassed if I do and then I want to go hide. Hopefully you're not a dweller like me and glass of wine and a new day will help!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
JodieO wrote:Ok, so my cousin has been on the phone for 20 minutes talking a mile a minute and I just had to crank my ipod to ear-splitting level to drown her out.

So....she'd be massaging her brother??? Did I follow that correctly?? Who would knowingly send a 17 year old boy to get a massage by his sister? No one. You'd send them elsewhere. If anything she should be grateful.

That's kind of how I felt about it, too, but she does massages for the whole family.

And I agree, she should be grateful.

She JUST got off the phone and how she's all, that's not the point. No one told me that's what he got! WHAT-EVS. Dramallama.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:06 pm

JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:

That's kind of how I felt about it, too, but she does massages for the whole family.

She JUST got off the phone and how she's all, that's not the point. No one told me that's what he got! WHAT-EVS. Dramallama.

Blerg. The gift isn't for *her*. And I get that if Brother wanted a massage himself, he'd just go to his sister. But if you're getting a GIFT for someone, you want to make it special and different.

The only parallel I can come up with is: if you know a chef if your life, you're not allowed to give gift cards to restaurants to anyone? Silly.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:08 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Blerg. The gift isn't for *her*. And I get that if Brother wanted a massage himself, he'd just go to his sister. But if you're getting a GIFT for someone, you want to make it special and different.

The only parallel I can come up with is: if you know a chef if your life, you're not allowed to give gift cards to restaurants to anyone? Silly.

EXACTLY. I don't get all bent out of shape if someone buys a hat. For goodness sake. I'm so sick of this princess attitude. I'm >< close to moving to the middle of nowhere to go work for Obava.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LCneiny » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:16 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:

OMG!! Now I'm crying but for a GOOD reason - all of those are hilarious!!!! I have a special place in my heart for dogs with googly eyes - Bostons, pugs, and some Boxers (like mine). So your second pic is fab, and the third is the icing on the cake!

Gia, thanks girl, I'm going to do just that! I already emailed Mr. LC to tell him I need something happy tonight. He's good at pulling through with these types of things.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby LCneiny » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:19 pm

JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:

Um yeah I'm with you both. I wouldn't be comfortable massing my brother, nor would I want my sister massaging me if I was a male. Also, if she was doing it full-time, maybe she could have more of a right to be upset, but since she just does it on the side? I'd want to give a gift of a professional too.
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby LCneiny » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
And oh LC! I can sympathize with wanting to not let people down. I get so embarrassed if I do and then I want to go hide. Hopefully you're not a dweller like me and glass of wine and a new day will help!

Yup, I'm totally a dweller. I obsess over shit that happened and can't change - it sucks. Also, no-go on the wine unfortunately. I'm doing a 21-day detox which includes no alcohol. Am I crazy? It's actually supposed to be 7 weeks without alcohol but I know I'm going to break that at the end of January. I'm on day 7 right now and so far so good....
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:26 pm

LCneiny wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:

Yup, I'm totally a dweller. I obsess over shit that happened and can't change - it sucks. Also, no-go on the wine unfortunately. I'm doing a 21-day detox which includes no alcohol. Am I crazy? It's actually supposed to be 7 weeks without alcohol but I know I'm going to break that at the end of January. I'm on day 7 right now and so far so good....

Ha! Then a glass of orange juice. ;)
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:57 pm

I got a family photo christmas card from 2 of my good friends that live an hour from me. At first I was hurt that they didn't trust me to take their families photos but then i figured they didn't want to ask me to do becuase they would know that i wouldn't charge them and they didn't want to burden me. so I got over it about 5 miutes later. geesh
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:05 pm

parking lot-ish ron

amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:10 pm

#Parkinglotrob

or maybe can can just pick you up at the front door...
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:29 pm

amynkansas wrote:

I got a family photo christmas card from 2 of my good friends that live an hour from me. At first I was hurt that they didn't trust me to take their families photos but then i figured they didn't want to ask me to do becuase they would know that i wouldn't charge them and they didn't want to burden me. so I got over it about 5 miutes later. geesh

Eggsmackly. My niece came by on Thanksgiving and she was wearing a pair of earrings that her step-mom made for her. I had about 3 seconds of 'HEY! I'M THE ONE WHO MAKES STUFF AROUND HERE!' and then I was all 'Eh, that was nice of her.'
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Question: why would an adult woman buy a 17 year old boy a massage in the first place? :? is he on the football team? does he have a wrestling injury? is he a metro-sexual? or am I just out of touch? :roll:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:03 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Question: why would an adult woman buy a 17 year old boy a massage in the first place? :? is he on the football team? does he have a wrestling injury? is he a metro-sexual? or am I just out of touch? :roll:

He does play football and I think basketball.

Why would they buy someone else's kid a $90 gift at all???
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:04 am

Kay Kay wrote:Am I the only one who immediately thinks of Hugh Jackman when I look at RA???

Nope! Reminds me of Hugh too.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:35 am

amynkansas wrote:#Parkinglotrob

or maybe can can just pick you up at the front door...

Gah - I haven't seen this photo in a long time and it always makes me smile.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:04 am

amynkansas wrote:parking lot-ish ron

I would LOVE to be witness to these two shopping together. Is there serious discussion over which color goldfish crackers to buy? Coin toss over Count Chocula vs Fruity Pebbles cereal? Giggling while walking past the condoms?
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats