Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:14 pm

did i hear that the golden globes might actaully be worth watching this year....? ;)

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:55 pm

amynkansas wrote:did i hear that the golden globes might actaully be worth watching this year....? ;)

Some years I just find the Golden Globes to be absolutely fascinating. . . .

ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:41 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:Clearly I need to re-read Catching Fire as I can't remember enough about Finnick to know whether I am happy about the EW photo. :roll:

I had a dream last night that Jodie, Lori, Alex and Robz all came to my house for a visit. It was lovely.

We would have SO MUCH FUN!

Yes we would! *sob* I wish we had a way to make this happen.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby LCneiny » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:41 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:
LCneiny wrote:I never got past the first book so I don't know who Finnick is, but is that actor Alex Pettyfour (or however you spell it - hottie who was in Magic Mike?)

This sentence makes no sense to me...

Uh yeah, me neither. No comprend-o.

So I liked the first one but then I heard
she gets pregnant, which really pisses me off. Plus I don't really like Peeta.
So I figured why continue?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 pm

LCneiny wrote:So I liked the first one but then I heard

I don't know why someone told you that. Perhaps that person didn't read the book? I think you should continue reading. The story is very good.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:13 am

JodieO wrote:
LCneiny wrote:So I liked the first one but then I heard

I don't know why someone told you that. Perhaps that person didn't read the book? I think you should continue reading. The story is very good.

Yes, what Jodie said.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:34 am

So the award for the most graceful move of the morning goes to . . . . . me! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I went for a walk with a couple of my work buddies to get coffee and on the way back as we were entering the building, the automatic door started to shut on me and when I jumped back I turned my ankle - the weak one that I broke in a car accident when I was 17 - it always rolls. :cry: So I went down in a most graceful not really heap landing with a thud outside of the main door to our office building with the security guards and other people I know as witnesses. :oops: :oops: :oops: But the good news is: I didn't spill a drop of my coffee. :roll: Now I'm sitting here waiting to see how big my ankle swells up. Sigh.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 am

Alexandra wrote:So the award for the most graceful move of the morning goes to . . . . . me! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I went for a walk with a couple of my work buddies to get coffee and on the way back as we were entering the building, the automatic door started to shut on me and when I jumped back I turned my ankle - the weak one that I broke in a car accident when I was 17 - it always rolls. :cry: So I went down in a most graceful not really heap landing with a thud outside of the main door to our office building with the security guards and other people I know as witnesses. :oops: :oops: :oops: But the good news is: I didn't spill a drop of my coffee. :roll: Now I'm sitting here waiting to see how big my ankle swells up. Sigh.

Thank god the coffee is ok! ;)

I'm sorry about your weak ankle. I have one, too and it tends to make life precarious. Have someone with sturdier ankles go out to get you a bag of peas so you can keep the swelling down!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 am

Alexandra wrote:So the award for the most graceful move of the morning goes to . . . . . me! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Glad your coffee was saved. sorry about the ankle pain and the humiliation. but still, glad to hear about the coffee.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Thanks for the concern ladies! And yes spilling the coffee would have added insult to injury. I just tested my ankle out on a little walk to the ladies room, and it wasn't too painful. I'm glad that I wore flat boots today instead of heels.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Alex - sorry you wiped out this morning, but hooray for saving the coffee! ;)

I am home today...I feel slightly like I have been hit by a bus. I went into the office early this morning and did a few things and then came home back to bed. Ugh.

Oh, and I am way more excited about the GG's this weekend than I should be. I need GG Rob. Badly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Gianna wrote:Alex - sorry you wiped out this morning, but hooray for saving the coffee! ;)

I am home today...I feel slightly like I have been hit by a bus. I went into the office early this morning and did a few things and then came home back to bed. Ugh.

Oh, and I am way more excited about the GG's this weekend than I should be. I need GG Rob. Badly.

THIS.

I hope that you can get some rest and feel better. Stay in bed this weekend and let Mr. G take care of you.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 pm

Allll byyyy myyyse-e-elf...

Guess I need some company in here...

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:31 pm

I meant to mention that we won tickets to a screening of "Warm Bodies" last night at 7 pm. Since she saw previews somewhere, my 12 year old daughter was excited to go. It was cute and a likeable enough Teen Zombie Movie. Mr. A's reaction when I said I was taking her was "Better you than me. Good luck with that." But I didn't hate it. And she was thrilled to see a movie before it officially opens. The fact that she thought the zombie guy was cute helped, too. The ugly bad monster/zombie types were kind of scary and when she jumped out of her seat once, I leaned over and told her "You'd better not be so scared that you come into my room tonight. Be brave." (You may remember that she did indeed need someone to sleep with her after we saw The Woman in Black.) I am pleased to report that she slept just fine with no dreams of Zombie attacks.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Alexandra wrote:I meant to mention that we won tickets to a screening of "Warm Bodies" last night at 7 pm. Since she saw previews somewhere, my 12 year old daughter was excited to go. It was cute and a likeable enough Teen Zombie Movie. Mr. A's reaction when I said I was taking her was "Better you than me. Good luck with that." But I didn't hate it. And she was thrilled to see a movie before it officially opens. The fact that she thought the zombie guy was cute helped, too. The ugly bad monster/zombie types were kind of scary and when she jumped out of her seat once, I leaned over and told her "You'd better not be so scared that you come into my room tonight. Be brave." (You may remember that she did indeed need someone to sleep with her after we saw The Woman in Black.) I am pleased to report that she slept just fine with no dreams of Zombie attacks.

That movie looked cute. And Nick Hoult with his enormous eyes and androgynous good looks is a good and non-threatening crush.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:05 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I meant to mention that we won tickets to a screening of "Warm Bodies" last night at 7 pm. Since she saw previews somewhere, my 12 year old daughter was excited to go. It was cute and a likeable enough Teen Zombie Movie. Mr. A's reaction when I said I was taking her was "Better you than me. Good luck with that." But I didn't hate it. And she was thrilled to see a movie before it officially opens. The fact that she thought the zombie guy was cute helped, too. The ugly bad monster/zombie types were kind of scary and when she jumped out of her seat once, I leaned over and told her "You'd better not be so scared that you come into my room tonight. Be brave." (You may remember that she did indeed need someone to sleep with her after we saw The Woman in Black.) I am pleased to report that she slept just fine with no dreams of Zombie attacks.

That movie looked cute. And Nick Hoult with his enormous eyes and androgynous good looks is a good and non-threatening crush.

Yes he is. And she checked him out on IMDB and was so excited to announce: "HE'S BRITISH! What's not to like?" She loves her Brit Boys. (Just younger ones, thank goodness. Otherwise, that would be awkward. :roll: )
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:08 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Yes he is. And she checked him out on IMDB and was so excited to announce: "HE'S BRITISH! What's not to like?" She loves her Brit Boys. (Just younger ones, thank goodness. Otherwise, that would be awkward. :roll: )

I see your daughter has good taste. And, last rumor I heard was that Nick was dating Jennifer Lawrence, so he has good taste, too!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:02 pm

I saw it a couple weeks back with a free screening. I really liked it.

I saw A Haunted House last night. (free screening) I did not enjoy it as much as the rest of the (98% african amercian) audience.

Next week I am going to see a screening of A Broken City with Russel Crowe and Mark Wahlberg.

This is the site I signed up for on to get all these tickets....
http://www.getscreening.com/free-movies-screening-tickets?target=showcities
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:58 pm

amynkansas wrote:while i had my label maker out.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm catching up! ILY!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:00 pm

JodieO wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:
amynkansas wrote:katniss and finnick

So not how I pictured Finnick.
But somehow, it works.

That was my reaction, too.

Also, congrats to JeLaw for her 2nd Oscar nomination!

MY QUEEN! I've been bragging about her nomination like a proud mama.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Gianna wrote:Clearly I need to re-read Catching Fire as I can't remember enough about Finnick to know whether I am happy about the EW photo. :roll:

I had a dream last night that Jodie, Lori, Alex and Robz all came to my house for a visit. It was lovely.

Hope ya'll had fun...

Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Ooo I'm excited! the trailer looks really stupid/fun and I want to see it!

And the bad zombies scared me while reading so no judgement for your daughter here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby amynkansas » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Kay Kay wrote:

Hope ya'll had fun...

KayKay, I think I"m gonna dream tonight that you and I and Ron and Bobby and Andrew Lincoln are all playing scrabble and drinking beers and becoming lifelong "friends". And there will be snacks! And the snacks will be all that cool food I keep pinning on Pinterest.

So there!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:12 pm

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats