Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:14 pm

did i hear that the golden globes might actaully be worth watching this year....? ;)

Image
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:55 pm

amynkansas wrote:did i hear that the golden globes might actaully be worth watching this year....? ;)

Image


Some years I just find the Golden Globes to be absolutely fascinating. . . .

Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:41 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:Clearly I need to re-read Catching Fire as I can't remember enough about Finnick to know whether I am happy about the EW photo. :roll:

I had a dream last night that Jodie, Lori, Alex and Robz all came to my house for a visit. It was lovely.


We would have SO MUCH FUN!


Yes we would! *sob* I wish we had a way to make this happen.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby LCneiny » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:41 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:
LCneiny wrote:I never got past the first book so I don't know who Finnick is, but is that actor Alex Pettyfour (or however you spell it - hottie who was in Magic Mike?)


This sentence makes no sense to me...


Uh yeah, me neither. No comprend-o.


So I liked the first one but then I heard
she gets pregnant, which really pisses me off. Plus I don't really like Peeta.
So I figured why continue?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
User avatar
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia suburbs


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 pm

LCneiny wrote:So I liked the first one but then I heard
she gets pregnant, which really pisses me off. Plus I don't really like Peeta.
So I figured why continue?


I don't know why someone told you that. Perhaps that person didn't read the book? I think you should continue reading. The story is very good.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby lori_seals » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:13 am

JodieO wrote:
LCneiny wrote:So I liked the first one but then I heard
she gets pregnant, which really pisses me off. Plus I don't really like Peeta.
So I figured why continue?


I don't know why someone told you that. Perhaps that person didn't read the book? I think you should continue reading. The story is very good.


Yes, what Jodie said.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor
 
Posts: 6677
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 am


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:34 am

So the award for the most graceful move of the morning goes to . . . . . me! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I went for a walk with a couple of my work buddies to get coffee and on the way back as we were entering the building, the automatic door started to shut on me and when I jumped back I turned my ankle - the weak one that I broke in a car accident when I was 17 - it always rolls. :cry: So I went down in a most graceful not really heap landing with a thud outside of the main door to our office building with the security guards and other people I know as witnesses. :oops: :oops: :oops: But the good news is: I didn't spill a drop of my coffee. :roll: Now I'm sitting here waiting to see how big my ankle swells up. Sigh.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 am

Alexandra wrote:So the award for the most graceful move of the morning goes to . . . . . me! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I went for a walk with a couple of my work buddies to get coffee and on the way back as we were entering the building, the automatic door started to shut on me and when I jumped back I turned my ankle - the weak one that I broke in a car accident when I was 17 - it always rolls. :cry: So I went down in a most graceful not really heap landing with a thud outside of the main door to our office building with the security guards and other people I know as witnesses. :oops: :oops: :oops: But the good news is: I didn't spill a drop of my coffee. :roll: Now I'm sitting here waiting to see how big my ankle swells up. Sigh.


Thank god the coffee is ok! ;)

I'm sorry about your weak ankle. I have one, too and it tends to make life precarious. Have someone with sturdier ankles go out to get you a bag of peas so you can keep the swelling down!
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 am

Alexandra wrote:So the award for the most graceful move of the morning goes to . . . . . me! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I went for a walk with a couple of my work buddies to get coffee and on the way back as we were entering the building, the automatic door started to shut on me and when I jumped back I turned my ankle - the weak one that I broke in a car accident when I was 17 - it always rolls. :cry: So I went down in a most graceful not really heap landing with a thud outside of the main door to our office building with the security guards and other people I know as witnesses. :oops: :oops: :oops: But the good news is: I didn't spill a drop of my coffee. :roll: Now I'm sitting here waiting to see how big my ankle swells up. Sigh.


Glad your coffee was saved. sorry about the ankle pain and the humiliation. but still, glad to hear about the coffee.
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Thanks for the concern ladies! And yes spilling the coffee would have added insult to injury. I just tested my ankle out on a little walk to the ladies room, and it wasn't too painful. I'm glad that I wore flat boots today instead of heels.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Gianna » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Alex - sorry you wiped out this morning, but hooray for saving the coffee! ;)

I am home today...I feel slightly like I have been hit by a bus. I went into the office early this morning and did a few things and then came home back to bed. Ugh.

Oh, and I am way more excited about the GG's this weekend than I should be. I need GG Rob. Badly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Gianna
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9179
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Isle of Wight


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Gianna wrote:Alex - sorry you wiped out this morning, but hooray for saving the coffee! ;)

I am home today...I feel slightly like I have been hit by a bus. I went into the office early this morning and did a few things and then came home back to bed. Ugh.

Oh, and I am way more excited about the GG's this weekend than I should be. I need GG Rob. Badly.


THIS.

I hope that you can get some rest and feel better. Stay in bed this weekend and let Mr. G take care of you.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 pm

Allll byyyy myyyse-e-elf...

Image

Guess I need some company in here...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:31 pm

I meant to mention that we won tickets to a screening of "Warm Bodies" last night at 7 pm. Since she saw previews somewhere, my 12 year old daughter was excited to go. It was cute and a likeable enough Teen Zombie Movie. Mr. A's reaction when I said I was taking her was "Better you than me. Good luck with that." But I didn't hate it. And she was thrilled to see a movie before it officially opens. The fact that she thought the zombie guy was cute helped, too. The ugly bad monster/zombie types were kind of scary and when she jumped out of her seat once, I leaned over and told her "You'd better not be so scared that you come into my room tonight. Be brave." (You may remember that she did indeed need someone to sleep with her after we saw The Woman in Black.) I am pleased to report that she slept just fine with no dreams of Zombie attacks.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Alexandra wrote:I meant to mention that we won tickets to a screening of "Warm Bodies" last night at 7 pm. Since she saw previews somewhere, my 12 year old daughter was excited to go. It was cute and a likeable enough Teen Zombie Movie. Mr. A's reaction when I said I was taking her was "Better you than me. Good luck with that." But I didn't hate it. And she was thrilled to see a movie before it officially opens. The fact that she thought the zombie guy was cute helped, too. The ugly bad monster/zombie types were kind of scary and when she jumped out of her seat once, I leaned over and told her "You'd better not be so scared that you come into my room tonight. Be brave." (You may remember that she did indeed need someone to sleep with her after we saw The Woman in Black.) I am pleased to report that she slept just fine with no dreams of Zombie attacks.


That movie looked cute. And Nick Hoult with his enormous eyes and androgynous good looks is a good and non-threatening crush.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:05 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I meant to mention that we won tickets to a screening of "Warm Bodies" last night at 7 pm. Since she saw previews somewhere, my 12 year old daughter was excited to go. It was cute and a likeable enough Teen Zombie Movie. Mr. A's reaction when I said I was taking her was "Better you than me. Good luck with that." But I didn't hate it. And she was thrilled to see a movie before it officially opens. The fact that she thought the zombie guy was cute helped, too. The ugly bad monster/zombie types were kind of scary and when she jumped out of her seat once, I leaned over and told her "You'd better not be so scared that you come into my room tonight. Be brave." (You may remember that she did indeed need someone to sleep with her after we saw The Woman in Black.) I am pleased to report that she slept just fine with no dreams of Zombie attacks.


That movie looked cute. And Nick Hoult with his enormous eyes and androgynous good looks is a good and non-threatening crush.


Yes he is. And she checked him out on IMDB and was so excited to announce: "HE'S BRITISH! What's not to like?" She loves her Brit Boys. (Just younger ones, thank goodness. Otherwise, that would be awkward. :roll: )
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby JodieO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:08 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I meant to mention that we won tickets to a screening of "Warm Bodies" last night at 7 pm. Since she saw previews somewhere, my 12 year old daughter was excited to go. It was cute and a likeable enough Teen Zombie Movie. Mr. A's reaction when I said I was taking her was "Better you than me. Good luck with that." But I didn't hate it. And she was thrilled to see a movie before it officially opens. The fact that she thought the zombie guy was cute helped, too. The ugly bad monster/zombie types were kind of scary and when she jumped out of her seat once, I leaned over and told her "You'd better not be so scared that you come into my room tonight. Be brave." (You may remember that she did indeed need someone to sleep with her after we saw The Woman in Black.) I am pleased to report that she slept just fine with no dreams of Zombie attacks.


That movie looked cute. And Nick Hoult with his enormous eyes and androgynous good looks is a good and non-threatening crush.


Yes he is. And she checked him out on IMDB and was so excited to announce: "HE'S BRITISH! What's not to like?" She loves her Brit Boys. (Just younger ones, thank goodness. Otherwise, that would be awkward. :roll: )


I see your daughter has good taste. And, last rumor I heard was that Nick was dating Jennifer Lawrence, so he has good taste, too!
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Alexandra wrote:I meant to mention that we won tickets to a screening of "Warm Bodies" last night at 7 pm. Since she saw previews somewhere, my 12 year old daughter was excited to go. It was cute and a likeable enough Teen Zombie Movie. Mr. A's reaction when I said I was taking her was "Better you than me. Good luck with that." But I didn't hate it. And she was thrilled to see a movie before it officially opens. The fact that she thought the zombie guy was cute helped, too. The ugly bad monster/zombie types were kind of scary and when she jumped out of her seat once, I leaned over and told her "You'd better not be so scared that you come into my room tonight. Be brave." (You may remember that she did indeed need someone to sleep with her after we saw The Woman in Black.) I am pleased to report that she slept just fine with no dreams of Zombie attacks.


I saw it a couple weeks back with a free screening. I really liked it.

I saw A Haunted House last night. (free screening) I did not enjoy it as much as the rest of the (98% african amercian) audience.

Next week I am going to see a screening of A Broken City with Russel Crowe and Mark Wahlberg.

This is the site I signed up for on to get all these tickets....
http://www.getscreening.com/free-movies-screening-tickets?target=showcities
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:58 pm

amynkansas wrote:while i had my label maker out.....

Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm catching up! ILY!
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:00 pm

JodieO wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:
amynkansas wrote:katniss and finnick

Image


So not how I pictured Finnick.
But somehow, it works.


That was my reaction, too.

Also, congrats to JeLaw for her 2nd Oscar nomination!

MY QUEEN! I've been bragging about her nomination like a proud mama.
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Gianna wrote:Clearly I need to re-read Catching Fire as I can't remember enough about Finnick to know whether I am happy about the EW photo. :roll:

I had a dream last night that Jodie, Lori, Alex and Robz all came to my house for a visit. It was lovely.

Hope ya'll had fun...

Image
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Alexandra wrote:I meant to mention that we won tickets to a screening of "Warm Bodies" last night at 7 pm. Since she saw previews somewhere, my 12 year old daughter was excited to go. It was cute and a likeable enough Teen Zombie Movie. Mr. A's reaction when I said I was taking her was "Better you than me. Good luck with that." But I didn't hate it. And she was thrilled to see a movie before it officially opens. The fact that she thought the zombie guy was cute helped, too. The ugly bad monster/zombie types were kind of scary and when she jumped out of her seat once, I leaned over and told her "You'd better not be so scared that you come into my room tonight. Be brave." (You may remember that she did indeed need someone to sleep with her after we saw The Woman in Black.) I am pleased to report that she slept just fine with no dreams of Zombie attacks.

Ooo I'm excited! the trailer looks really stupid/fun and I want to see it!

And the bad zombies scared me while reading so no judgement for your daughter here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I meant to mention that we won tickets to a screening of "Warm Bodies" last night at 7 pm. Since she saw previews somewhere, my 12 year old daughter was excited to go. It was cute and a likeable enough Teen Zombie Movie. Mr. A's reaction when I said I was taking her was "Better you than me. Good luck with that." But I didn't hate it. And she was thrilled to see a movie before it officially opens. The fact that she thought the zombie guy was cute helped, too. The ugly bad monster/zombie types were kind of scary and when she jumped out of her seat once, I leaned over and told her "You'd better not be so scared that you come into my room tonight. Be brave." (You may remember that she did indeed need someone to sleep with her after we saw The Woman in Black.) I am pleased to report that she slept just fine with no dreams of Zombie attacks.


That movie looked cute. And Nick Hoult with his enormous eyes and androgynous good looks is a good and non-threatening crush.


Yes he is. And she checked him out on IMDB and was so excited to announce: "HE'S BRITISH! What's not to like?" She loves her Brit Boys. (Just younger ones, thank goodness. Otherwise, that would be awkward. :roll: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
Gianna wrote:Clearly I need to re-read Catching Fire as I can't remember enough about Finnick to know whether I am happy about the EW photo. :roll:

I had a dream last night that Jodie, Lori, Alex and Robz all came to my house for a visit. It was lovely.

Hope ya'll had fun...

Image


KayKay, I think I"m gonna dream tonight that you and I and Ron and Bobby and Andrew Lincoln are all playing scrabble and drinking beers and becoming lifelong "friends". And there will be snacks! And the snacks will be all that cool food I keep pinning on Pinterest.

So there!
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Life After Twilight

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Image
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests