Go to footer

You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 am

Um, RA is gorgeous and all that, but this smirk ALWAYS gets me all gooey ...

In other news, Muffin got to see the first 30 min of Star Wars last night and decided she liked it. WOOHOO!!
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:Kelby can you send me the link for your entertainment forum again. My stupid thing updated to Jellybean and I lost all my bookmarks :(

wait, I have another forum? :P I've been so distracted w/Richard Armitage, I kind of forgot about it :lol: seriously tho, I'm not sure I'm going to keep it up; only a handful have joined & no one's really posting *shrugs* I just wanted to do it to see if I could, ya know? it was fun setting it up, at least :)
http://entertainmentaddicts.proboards.com/index.cgi

so.............
should i not bother posting there?
I dont' even remember what i wanted to post. I updated my OS a few weeks back (well, not by choice, it was kinda accidental like) and i lost all my bookmarks and I was gonna post something, but now it's been so long I forget.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:Kelby can you send me the link for your entertainment forum again. My stupid thing updated to Jellybean and I lost all my bookmarks :(

wait, I have another forum? :P I've been so distracted w/Richard Armitage, I kind of forgot about it :lol: seriously tho, I'm not sure I'm going to keep it up; only a handful have joined & no one's really posting *shrugs* I just wanted to do it to see if I could, ya know? it was fun setting it up, at least :)
http://entertainmentaddicts.proboards.com/index.cgi

so.............
should i not bother posting there?
I dont' even remember what i wanted to post. I updated my OS a few weeks back (well, not by choice, it was kinda accidental like) and i lost all my bookmarks and I was gonna post something, but now it's been so long I forget.

IDK, what do you think? I had quite a few views when I first launched it, but only people I already knew joined. but as for posting, really it's just my one friend posting youtube vids in the music section *shrugs*
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 am

So...... How is everyone going with their "finish a project you've been putting off" weekly wild card? I don't think many have checked in.
My project is to finish re-re-vamping my resume. I've revamped it a couple times, but I thought I'd do a complete overhaul since, so far, I haven't gotten any job offers :( And I REALLY need a new job.

As for the rest of things; I'm still failing at the water most days. And although I've upped my exercising, I'm still not where I was during the summer. I know cold weather is a totally lame excuse, but....well, I just really hate winter. Guess I should take a cue from this cute little kitty and just learn to love it:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-bu ... 38386.html
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby obava » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:57 am

Abs- I was wondering, too, what everyone is doing for their project this week. Also, if you hate the cold, why do you live in Canada?? (This is supposed to be bratty ;) )

I have changed my mind about my project. Instead of the sideboard, I'm going to get my iTunes figured out. Or at least spend a whole day on it. I borrowed a friend's iPod cord and also took my external hard drive away from work a few weeks ago to get this done, and it's time to actually get this done and get the stuff back where it belongs. I am also looking forward to sitting on the couch watching netflix all weekend while I'm at it :D
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:21 am

Granted I picked an ez project... but its been hanging on for two months so I can say its finally done - I finished sorring sorted out Muffin's old clothes and baby books, I now have 7 out of 12 bags out of the house, with the last 5 scheduled for pickup next week by a local charity. Image

Foodwise, I've been REALLY good the last 3 days and even *finally* got myself to get my 7 hrs sleep (Thx for the texts, Obava!) I started using an app my DH recommended, MyFitnessPal, I forgot how validating it is to record your food and SEE first hand that I'm meeting some of my (food) goals. Kinda nice that it tells me how much I'll loose by 5 weeks, if I keep eating at this rate. Image

Obava- I'm officially jealous of your project!! I wanna play with itunes too! Image

Abs - good luck with the resume revamping! Get someone else to read/proof it for you! Go get 'em!

I took a spill as I walked into work this morning - my left hand feels very sore and I have two scraped knees - boohoo!!

Yeah, I'd heard about BB being sick, sending healthy thoughts her way Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:11 pm

my project was supposed to be going thru all of our digital photos and choosing the ones I want to print & put into albums...I've only done it one day tho :| I woke up this morning all ready to get a big chunk of it done, but then I was accosted by a floor full of ants in the hallway...again! and had to call the exterminator, suck them up w/the vacuum off the carpet part & scrub the hard floor part. ants are so ANNOYING! (they've been in our interior wall for about 6months, but the DH thinks we could get away w/just spraying the baseboards with the over-the-counter stuff from the hardware store :roll: ) plus I have a sick, whiny kid at home today :roll: I think I'll just focus on the exercise, and try for the project point again tomorrow :|
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby obava » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Obava- I'm officially jealous of your project!! I wanna play with itunes too! Image

Be my guest! I am so frustrated with this whole thing. I wish you were dealing with this instead of me! :x

Congrats on getting your project done! That doesn't sound very easy :?
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 pm

kelbel75 wrote:my project was supposed to be going thru all of our digital photos and choosing the ones I want to print & put into albums...I've only done it one day tho :| I woke up this morning all ready to get a big chunk of it done, but then I was accosted by a floor full of ants in the hallway...again! and had to call the exterminator, suck them up w/the vacuum off the carpet part & scrub the hard floor part. ants are so ANNOYING! (they've been in our interior wall for about 6months, but the DH thinks we could get away w/just spraying the baseboards with the over-the-counter stuff from the hardware store :roll: ) plus I have a sick, whiny kid at home today :roll: I think I'll just focus on the exercise, and try for the project point again tomorrow :|

Al of this (even your project :lol: ) sounds horrible :?
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Well I managed to fuck all my music up. 2000 of my songs are gone from my iTunes library, and my iPod is now empty and I can't get any music on it.

I fucking quit.
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:53 am

Don't give up on music Obavbav!

PS - I have a shameful confession; AmynKansas turned me on to the app called SongPop (which is basically Name That Tune) and she then completely slaughtered me when we played. Like, COMPLETELY!!
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:09 am

Oh no Obava! Image Have you tried checking if the music is in your Recycle/trash bin?

Abs, I'll have to check that app now… its going to be your fault if I waste time!! Image

No yoga for me today, my knees and hand are too sore from yesterday's tumble with the sidewalk. Image

Its FRIDAY! Time for some decoration…

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 pm

Lisa - saw this and thought of you.. how's biking going along?

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:10 am

Muffinmom wrote:Oh no Obava! Image Have you tried checking if the music is in your Recycle/trash bin?

Abs, I'll have to check that app now… its going to be your fault if I waste time!! Image

That's ok, I know Kansas is really to blame. :D hehe
Muffinmom wrote:
No yoga for me today, my knees and hand are too sore from yesterday's tumble with the sidewalk. Image

How are you feeling today?

I remember once I twisted my ankle and fell to my hands and knees in a parking lot one summer when my heel came down on a stone. I fell in front of a group of police officers and plain-clothes detectives standing around chatting (I was next to a police station). I took a massive wipe out, skinned my knees and my palms, and not.a.single.one.of.them.lifted.a.hand.to.help!!! They didn't even say "are you ok?". NOTHING! I posted to Facebook shortly thereafter saying "how come not a single one of them offered to help. Yes, chivalry is truly dead" and a friend's husband reply commented "they didn't help you because Edward Cullen doesn't exist in real life".
Um.......???? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Muffinmom wrote:Its FRIDAY! Time for some decoration…

I <3 U for that :D
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:12 am

Muffinmom wrote:

I also <3 U for this. Too much hate-on for this in the daily thread :( I think he looks great!
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:34 am

1. I love this song.

2. This video made me bawl.

3. And smile. ;)

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:13 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:I remember once I twisted my ankle and fell to my hands and knees in a parking lot one summer when my heel came down on a stone. I fell in front of a group of police officers and plain-clothes detectives standing around chatting (I was next to a police station). I took a massive wipe out, skinned my knees and my palms, and not.a.single.one.of.them.lifted.a.hand.to.help!!! They didn't even say "are you ok?". NOTHING! I posted to Facebook shortly thereafter saying "how come not a single one of them offered to help. Yes, chivalry is truly dead" and a friend's husband reply commented "they didn't help you because Edward Cullen doesn't exist in real life".

this is horrible! :x chivalry isn't dead tho, just hard to come by, which makes it even more special when you do find it 8-) I'm of the mind that women (in general) are to blame for that :? I personally love chivalry & accept it whenever offered :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:19 am

kelbel75 wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:I remember once I twisted my ankle and fell to my hands and knees in a parking lot one summer when my heel came down on a stone. I fell in front of a group of police officers and plain-clothes detectives standing around chatting (I was next to a police station). I took a massive wipe out, skinned my knees and my palms, and not.a.single.one.of.them.lifted.a.hand.to.help!!! They didn't even say "are you ok?". NOTHING! I posted to Facebook shortly thereafter saying "how come not a single one of them offered to help. Yes, chivalry is truly dead" and a friend's husband reply commented "they didn't help you because Edward Cullen doesn't exist in real life".

this is horrible! :x chivalry isn't dead tho, just hard to come by, which makes it even more special when you do find it 8-) I'm of the mind that women (in general) are to blame for that :? I personally love chivalry & accept it whenever offered :D

Yes, I agree.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:14 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:1. I love this song.

3. And smile. ;)

I'm kind of afraid to watch this..... but here goes....*clicks play*
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:52 pm

amynkansas wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:1. I love this song.

3. And smile. ;)

I'm kind of afraid to watch this..... but here goes....*clicks play*

Aaaand?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:33 pm

it didn't make me cry. did make me smile. and now i really want to download that song.
:D
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 pm

my project was to got through my business website and edit out all the photos and galleries that are out dated and/or just down right bad representations of my work.

It took hours and I am still not sure I got rid of every bad photo but it was a start.

take a look?
http://www.onlocation.smugmug.com
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:31 pm

amynkansas wrote:my project was to got through my business website and edit out all the photos and galleries that are out dated and/or just down right bad representations of my work.

It took hours and I am still not sure I got rid of every bad photo but it was a start.

take a look?
http://www.onlocation.smugmug.com

That was fun! Thanks for sharing. You have some really great shots in there where you really capture a moment.
Have you ever heard of perfectlytimedphotos.com?

My project was to finish revamping my resume. And after about 7 hours of working on it today i think I have something worth submitting to any job. (mind you, I thought I did before too, and didn't get any hits so......anyway, we'll see. Wish me luck)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:37 pm

i am happy with my productiveness this week. I just got back from making those final chrsimas returns. So I am done with that. $130 back on our Visa!!!!

Tonight I am going to put in a movie or audiobook and fold AND PUT AWAY about 7648 pounds of laundry. Well, that's my plan anyway. My DH is.....wait for it.....out of town.....again. He will be back on Wednesday. SO this week's WC of make all your meals will be difficult because I get really lazy when he's not around. (I can feel a pancake night coming on tomorrow)

I am hoping to make something crafty/DIY this week. I NEED to feel creative and it's been awhile. I shall stalk Pinterest AFTER I get my laundry done.

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby obava » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Amy- Thanks for sharing your photography website! I wished you lived close enough to do our family photos this summer. :(

I am failing on my Clean the Bathroom points. 7 points a week and I can't be arsed to do it! Actually, I know what my problem is- because I *have* to do it, I am rebelling by not doing it. Yes, I am rebelling against my own self and that's really stupid :oops:

Starting tomorrow, the WC is to only eat at home or only have home-cooked meals. I must say, I ate out 3x this past week which is very unusual for me & I'm glad this WC wasn't in affect!!

xoxo O
obava
Twilosophy Major

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser