Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:59 am

JodieO wrote:But I, too, enjoy a good waistcoat.

yes, me as well 8-) the only reason I watch "the mentalist" anymore is to see Patrick Jane all dressed to the nines in his waistcoat and suit while he drinks his tea :P

what I really die for tho, besides the pea-coat ;) , is a man in a wool cap
I bought my DH one for his birthday and I scold him when he forgets to wear it :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 am

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:I also have a thing for overcoats. Yup. Some women like rock hard abs or bulging biceps, but me? I like guyliner and overcoats.

I'm going to vote with Jodie here. I LOVE a guy in an overcoat. LOVE. I bought Mr. A a beautiful cashmere one for Christmas about 5 years ago. (Okay, so really it was a present for me, cause him in his suit with an overcoat would have been a visual treat for me everyday on the way to work.) And he hated it. Apparently, he doesn't like long coats. Took it back to the store and traded it for a lovely leather jacket. Sigh. Don't get me wrong, I love the leather jacket look too, but he already had a similar one. Pout. And as for the guyliner/no guyliner debate, I like it, but if Mr. A decided to wear it in everyday life, I would have to just say no. Johnny Depp? Hell yes. The guys decorating the Flat walls? Hell yes. Mr. A in his pirate costume for Halloween? Hell yes. Otherwise, day to day? Probably not.

AND FINALLY, I hate hate hate that brown bubble jacket monstrosity of Ron's. HATE. Did I mention that I HATE it. Always have, always will.

Yeah, guyliner does not work in every situation. It has to be a carefully thought out fashion accessory.

Guyliner appropriate:

Guyliner would not be appropriate:

Um... I just scrolled through 5 pages of Ewan photos and not one of them would have been guyliner inappropriate... He just has one of those faces, I guess.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 am

Peter

James McAvoy

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:13 am

JodieO wrote:Yeah, guyliner does not work in every situation. It has to be a carefully thought out fashion accessory.

Guyliner appropriate:

Um... I just scrolled through 5 pages of Ewan photos and not one of them would have been guyliner inappropriate... He just has one of those faces, I guess.

were they recent pics of Ewan? I'm not saying he looks bad wearing it, but if I can tell right away that he is, then I'd rather he didn't *shrugs* plus, ya know, guy-liner has an age limit, IMO :?

confession: I pass up almost all of Richard's "guy of gisborne" pics b/c I'm not a fan of the guy-liner :? (the leather and long-ish hair don't help my cause either :P )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:17 am

Image Image
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:24 am

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:Yeah, guyliner does not work in every situation. It has to be a carefully thought out fashion accessory.

Guyliner appropriate:

were they recent pics of Ewan? I'm not saying he looks bad wearing it, but if I can tell right away that he is, then I'd rather he didn't *shrugs* plus, ya know, guy-liner has an age limit, IMO :?

confession: I pass up almost all of Richard's "guy of gisborne" pics b/c I'm not a fan of the guy-liner :? (the leather and long-ish hair don't help my cause either :P )

Well, 'leather' is a kind word for what they dressed him in. His shirt looks like it was made out of trash bags. :? BUT he's the only remotely interesting character or decent actor on the show, so I forgive the shitty costume. And because of the skinny pinstriped trousers. Those are a-ok. It's also kind of fun watching him play a bad guy with a soft side instead of a slightly assholish misunderstood guy.

ETA: Guy's mullet is not my favorite hairdo of all time, but I do feel an overwhelming desire to wrap the little curls in the back around my fingers... :?

There were some new Ewan photos in there, but he still looks 30 years old, so the guyliner would still work on him.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:58 am

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:confession: I pass up almost all of Richard's "guy of gisborne" pics b/c I'm not a fan of the guy-liner :?

It's kind of fun watching him play a bad guy with a soft side instead of a slightly assholish misunderstood guy.

I'm drawn to this type tho, a lot :? maybe b/c I see myself as slightly assholish & misunderstood? :P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:01 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:confession: I pass up almost all of Richard's "guy of gisborne" pics b/c I'm not a fan of the guy-liner :?

It's kind of fun watching him play a bad guy with a soft side instead of a slightly assholish misunderstood guy.

I'm drawn to this type tho, a lot :? maybe b/c I see myself as slightly assholish & misunderstood? :P

Then you really need to give in and watch North & South.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 pm

JodieO wrote:Then you really need to give in and watch North & South.

Mr. A is going out of town this weekend for a 5 day work trip. That means I'll have peace and quiet (hopefully) after the kids go to bed. I'm planning to use my time wisely and check out North & South. And I'm also going to say here that I read the unrelated John Jakes Civil War North and South series of books long ago and admit that the TV miniseries is where I started my crush on Patrick Swayze.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:11 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:It's kind of fun watching him play a bad guy with a soft side instead of a slightly assholish misunderstood guy.

Then you really need to give in and watch North & South.

it WILL be sometime this week, I can't hold off any longer :)

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Alexandra wrote:

Mr. A is going out of town this weekend for a 5 day work trip. That means I'll have peace and quiet (hopefully) after the kids go to bed. I'm planning to use my time wisely and check out North & South. And I'm also going to say here that I read the unrelated John Jakes Civil War North and South series of books long ago and admit that the TV miniseries is where I started my crush on Patrick Swayze.

my DH will be gone too; would anyone be up for a mid-week movie night?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:20 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

I watch it like twice a week anyway. I'm totally up for it so long as it doesn't interfere with Vampire Diaries.

Confession: I've never seen the civil war thinger. :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:20 pm

kelbel75 wrote:it WILL be sometime this week, I can't hold off any longer :)

*melts*
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:24 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

Mine leaves Saturday and comes back on Thursday. Is yours gone next week too?
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:33 pm

JodieO wrote:I watch it like twice a week anyway. I'm totally up for it so long as it doesn't interfere with Vampire Diaries.

I thought this was required TV viewing in the mid-80s? (I know that some of you were too young to turn the TV on anything but Sesame Street at that point. No need to rub it in to your elders.)

Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Alexandra wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

yes, leaves Monday morning gets back Friday afternoon ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:35 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:my DH will be gone too; would anyone be up for a mid-week movie night?

yes, leaves Monday morning gets back Friday afternoon ;)

Then definitely count me in for the Monday - Wednesday timeslot for a movie night.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:I watch it like twice a week anyway. I'm totally up for it so long as it doesn't interfere with Vampire Diaries.

I thought this was required TV viewing in the mid-80s? (I know that some of you were too young to turn the TV on anything but Sesame Street at that point. No need to rub it in to your elders.)

I never saw it either; Patrick Swayze has never really interested me :? I do have the book, just haven't read it yet (I like a lot of other stuff by the same author, so I picked it up at a sale ;) )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Alexandra wrote:

Haha! I was young-ish when it was on, but not old enough to give a hoot. I had a crush on Jack Wagner at the time, so if HE had been in it I'd totally have watched.

I think I'd actually gone looking for the civil war drama when I found the BBC version. The civil war one was not available for instant viewing and I have a penchant for English costume dramas and the rest is history.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:40 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

Haha! I was young-ish when it was on, but not old enough to give a hoot. I had a crush on Jack Wagner at the time, so if HE had been in it I'd totally have watched.

I think I'd actually gone looking for the civil war drama when I found the BBC version. The civil war one was not available for instant viewing and I have a penchant for English costume dramas and the rest is history.

I'll have to look when I get home. I might actually have this it on DVD somewhere. I think my mom bought it for me a couple years ago. . . .

And yeah, I remember watching Jack Wagner on General Hospital. Everyday.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:14 pm

Not going to lie, every time someone around here pimps North and South, I think of the 80s miniseries and I can't get any further than that. I remember watching that on TV with my grandparents back in the day! Yikes. I am sure this N & S is worthy, I just haven't gotten there yet. And I will apparently be in the minority here, but I don't see what everyone else sees in the lead guy...maybe I need to watch it to get it? :roll:

Snowing and blowing snow here today...schools are canceled and Mr G and I are both working from home. This is great except that he signed on before me so he is in the office and I am at the kitchen table. Not exactly the most comfy chair for getting a lot done, so I am working...folding laundry. Working some more, putting dinner in the crock pot. Can't have me working in an un-ergonomically appropriate work space for TOO long! ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:16 pm

Gianna wrote:Not going to lie, every time someone around here pimps North and South, I think of the 80s miniseries and I can't get any further than that. I remember watching that on TV with my grandparents back in the day! Yikes. I am sure this N & S is worthy, I just haven't gotten there yet. And I will apparently be in the minority here, but I don't see what everyone else sees in the lead guy...maybe I need to watch it to get it? :roll:

Snowing and blowing snow here today...schools are canceled and Mr G and I are both working from home. This is great except that he signed on before me so he is in the office and I am at the kitchen table. Not exactly the most comfy chair for getting a lot done, so I am working...folding laundry. Working some more, putting dinner in the crock pot. Can't have me working in an un-ergonomically appropriate work space for TOO long! ;)

Yes.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:20 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:Not going to lie, every time someone around here pimps North and South, I think of the 80s miniseries and I can't get any further than that. I remember watching that on TV with my grandparents back in the day! Yikes. I am sure this N & S is worthy, I just haven't gotten there yet. And I will apparently be in the minority here, but I don't see what everyone else sees in the lead guy...maybe I need to watch it to get it? :roll:

Yes.

Yup. That's what happened to me too. Although I didn't really get it until I watched the episodes of Vicar of Dibley he was in. I don't even know how to describe him in it, but I liked it! :D
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:Yup. That's what happened to me too. Although I didn't really get it until I watched the episodes of Vicar of Dibley he was in. I don't even know how to describe him in it, but I liked it! :D

It's the overcoat.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:04 pm

JodieO wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:Yup. That's what happened to me too. Although I didn't really get it until I watched the episodes of Vicar of Dibley he was in. I don't even know how to describe him in it, but I liked it! :D

It's the overcoat.

It's also the dorky, hot accountant thing I think.
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats