Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Our office moved in late Sept. and the powers that be have wanted us to host an open house to show off our new office space. We finally did it this afternoon. At first we thought no one would show up and we'd be left here with what seemed like 12,000 cookies and a big bowl of punch. But eventually people showed up and it was nice. I am so glad it is over. But the punch oh my God it was delicious. It was a mixture of ice cream, coffee, sugar and cream. Heavy but so delicious. I managed to avoid all the cookies and only drink about a half of a cup of the delicious/deadly punch.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Alexandra wrote:Our office moved in late Sept. and the powers that be have wanted us to host an open house to show off our new office space. We finally did it this afternoon. At first we thought no one would show up and we'd be left here with what seemed like 12,000 cookies and a big bowl of punch. But eventually people showed up and it was nice. I am so glad it is over. But the punch oh my God it was delicious. It was a mixture of ice cream, coffee, sugar and cream. Heavy but so delicious. I managed to avoid all the cookies and only drink about a half of a cup of the delicious/deadly punch.

Holy hell. That does sound like good punch. Except you forgot the Bailey's.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:54 pm

amynkansas wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:speaking of books, is there a book you've read that you remember just HATING, for whatever reason? generally I may not love a book, but I can usually find redeeming qualities in it somewhere to keep me from despising it :|

painful to read:
cosmopolis
choke
on dublin street
shelter

I did finish all of those books (except choke). i mean... once i start a book i commit to it.

I detested Cosmopolis!!!! Seriously, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than read it again. I feel like we deserve a medal just for finishing it. :D :D Wow, we are getting to be more like the book club some of us pretended Robs flat to be. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I finished Noughts and Crosses, and nearly cried ALL the tears. :(
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:54 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Our office moved in late Sept. and the powers that be have wanted us to host an open house to show off our new office space. We finally did it this afternoon. At first we thought no one would show up and we'd be left here with what seemed like 12,000 cookies and a big bowl of punch. But eventually people showed up and it was nice. I am so glad it is over. But the punch oh my God it was delicious. It was a mixture of ice cream, coffee, sugar and cream. Heavy but so delicious. I managed to avoid all the cookies and only drink about a half of a cup of the delicious/deadly punch.

Bailey's would be the perfect addition to the punch. I was thinking I should post the recipe in the recipe section, although I'm sure it is not in the least bit healthy. ;)
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Bailey's would be the perfect addition to the punch. I was thinking I should post the recipe in the recipe section, although I'm sure it is not in the least bit healthy. ;)

Do not care. I must have this recipe!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

No one said they had to be healthy recipes... ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:01 pm

lori_seals wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:I also have a thing for overcoats. Yup. Some women like rock hard abs or bulging biceps, but me? I like guyliner and overcoats.

ick, I hate guyliner :?

:o I'm not sure we can be friends. ;)

:lol: :lol: I for one think Brandon Flowers rocks the guyliner. And the lipgloss if I'm honest. :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Gianna » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:02 pm

guitargirl wrote:I detested Cosmopolis!!!! Seriously, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than read it again. I feel like we deserve a medal just for finishing it. :D :D Wow, we are getting to be more like the book club some of us pretended Robs flat to be. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to bail on Cosmopolis. It was terrible. I also never could get into the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books. Tried multiple times, but they were so boring and hard to get into for me. The movie was fine, the books...not so much.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:02 pm

guitargirl wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: I for one think Brandon Flowers rocks the guyliner. And the lipgloss if I'm honest. :lol:

THIS. Love.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Gianna wrote:

THIS. Love.

I have no idea who this is... :? Should I?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:05 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:

THIS. Love.

I have no idea who this is... :? Should I?

He's the lead singer for The Killers.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:07 pm

JodieO wrote:No one said they had to be healthy recipes... ;)

Punch Recipe is posted. And when she emailed it to me, I noted that it is called London Fog Punch, so I guess that makes it appropriate for Rob's Flat.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:09 pm

JodieO wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:Hee hee hee true! He's taller than the door frames! I REALLY need to get back over to the UK if they are breeding taller guys than we have in NY....

I think we need to take our LTT retirement ranch we used to talk about and move it to the UK.

YES!!!!! please do. :D :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:11 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:Gia and Lori, you really have to see him in action. Photos don't do the eyes and the voice justice.

Not saying I am opposed to checking it out, but nothing there for me on the surface. I am sure some "research" would be very important to forming an educated opinion. ;)

He also reads poetry if you are into that sort of thing.

His voice has a lovely timbre. I could lie down and drift away to it. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Gianna wrote:He's the lead singer for The Killers.

OH! Yes. Any man who can pull off a hot pink skinny suit can pull off guyliner.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Gianna wrote:
guitargirl wrote:I detested Cosmopolis!!!! Seriously, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than read it again. I feel like we deserve a medal just for finishing it. :D :D Wow, we are getting to be more like the book club some of us pretended Robs flat to be. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to bail on Cosmopolis. It was terrible. I also never could get into the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books. Tried multiple times, but they were so boring and hard to get into for me. The movie was fine, the books...not so much.

The first Dragon Tattoo book wasn't too bad for me, but holy crap were the other 2 a struggle to get through! I really couldn't give a crap about Swedish domestic politics in the 1970s. At. All.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:15 pm

JodieO wrote:

One of you guys needs to make this immediately. It sounds delicious!!!!
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Gianna wrote:

Ive heard a few people say that about TGWTDT. Thanks for the heads up. I have it on my kindle, but I don't think I'll bother. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:No one said they had to be healthy recipes... ;)

Punch Recipe is posted. And when she emailed it to me, I noted that it is called London Fog Punch, so I guess that makes it appropriate for Rob's Flat.

Hee. A perfect fit!
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Alexandra wrote:
Gianna wrote:

The first Dragon Tattoo book wasn't too bad for me, but holy crap were the other 2 a struggle to get through! I really couldn't give a crap about Swedish domestic politics in the 1970s. At. All.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can't for the life of me think why not. :P :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:05 am

Drive by:

- RA is not only a handsome man he has the VOICE of sexy man angels!

- Jodie and Lori, I was not laughing at your perceived low standards. Just laughing at the conversation because it was awesome. I told Mr. KK he got sexy points for covering his mouth when he sneezed. Let's not compare low standards. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

- I know there have been awful books that I couldn't finish. Amy reminded me of one tonight: An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. I have it as an audiobook and the speaker sounds like Prince Valium.
I *almost* gave up on A Casual Vacancy because it was soooo loong and soooo little happened. But there were enough funny parts that I'm glad I finished. But still, yeesh.
The Vampire Diaries. I read the first two after watching Season 1 and holy hell it was awful. I recommend to anyone who asks to NOT read these books.
There have been a few YA series that I didn't finish because they were forgettable...but i can't remember them. *shrug* I think a lot of them were Angel-type YA.

- I love vests. I love guyliner. I love overcoats. I love pea coats. I Love suits. I love stubble, I love white tshirts. I love speedos ( YES I LOVE THEM!) I love boots. I love men with rings. I love piercings. I love tattoos. I love well fitted jeans.
And this special guy (Captain Hook on Once Upon a Time) is a culmination of most of these. Shall we?

ummm...what was I talking about?
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:06 am

Kay Kay wrote:

- I love vests. I love guyliner. I love overcoats. I love pea coats. I Love suits. I love stubble, I love white tshirts. I love speedos ( YES I LOVE THEM!) I love boots. I love men with rings. I love piercings. I love tattoos. I love well fitted jeans.
And this special guy (Captain Hook on Once Upon a Time) is a culmination of most of these. Shall we?

ummm...what was I talking about?

:shock: Hellooooooooooo there!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:38 am

oh yeah, Colin O'Donoghue is a particular bit of yum yum. I also find Josh Dallas who plays Prince Charming strangely,,, uh, charming :D

And I'm recently noticing the hotness of Nick Zano from Happy Endings
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:29 am

Kay Kay wrote:Image Image

ohhh, I forgot about him!! 8-) (I quit watching OUAT b/c the story sucks ass :roll: ) let's NOT put him in speedos tho, please? ;) :P I don't mind the guyliner for performance roles, especially the baddies :D just not in real life :?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby toooldforthis » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:39 am

Kay Kay wrote:
- I know there have been awful books that I couldn't finish. Amy reminded me of one tonight: An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. I have it as an audiobook and the speaker sounds like Prince Valium.
I *almost* gave up on A Casual Vacancy because it was soooo loong and soooo little happened. But there were enough funny parts that I'm glad I finished. But still, yeesh.
The Vampire Diaries. I read the first two after watching Season 1 and holy hell it was awful. I recommend to anyone who asks to NOT read these books.

Good Morning!

I agree with this 110%! The books are nothing like the tv series. They are truly awful.

I've really been into zombie books lately. :? :lol: I don't know what's wrong with me but I just find them fascinating. I went from YA dystopian books to zombies. I guess that's a natural progression, right? Right now I'm reading World War Z while I wait for the next book in the D.J. Molles series on zombies.
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats