Go to footer

You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Postby SeattleLisa » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:06 pm

Kelbel! Happy belated birthday! I hope you have the most awesome dream tonight about Jamie. Or Edward. Or both. ;)

SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:36 am

Girlies, you can be PROUD of me!! Image

I woke up early today and did 1/2 hr on the exercise bike BEFORE work, so that I have no excuse on missing my workout. WOOHOO!
I also did cooking yesterday to prep for the week - I made myself some mini broccoli quiche for breakfast, setup the crockpot to make soup (for weekday lunches), cooked enough chicken to last a few days dinner, and prepped my lunches for the next couple of days.

So since this is the free WC week- I'm choosing to workout every week-day from home except Friday (when I have lunchtime yoga). NO EXCUSES!

I think I've earned one of these smiles…
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby obava » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:42 am

Muffinmom wrote:Girlies, you can be PROUD of me!! Image

I woke up early today and did 1/2 hr on the exercise bike BEFORE work, so that I have no excuse on missing my workout. WOOHOO!
I also did cooking yesterday to prep for the week - I made myself some mini broccoli quiche for breakfast, setup the crockpot to make soup (for weekday lunches), cooked enough chicken to last a few days dinner, and prepped my lunches for the next couple of days.

So since this is the free WC week- I'm choosing to workout every week-day from home except Friday (when I have lunchtime yoga). NO EXCUSES!

I think I've earned one of these smiles…

Muffi- I think you turned into ME! I also workout before work- it's the only way I can be sure it gets done :D I usually do all my shopping & cooking on the weekend, but since I was sick this weekend, I gave myself a break. Unfortunately, this means I have no healthy food prepped for this week. :?

That sounds like an awesome WC! I still can't remember what I was thinking of doing this week. :(
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:29 pm

What is the WC this week?
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:43 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:What is the WC this week?

Abs - its whatever you want it to be, b/c its 'make up your WC' week Image

obava wrote: Muffi- I think you turned into ME! I also workout before work- it's the only way I can be sure it gets done :D I usually do all my shopping & cooking on the weekend, but since I was sick this weekend, I gave myself a break. Unfortunately, this means I have no healthy food prepped for this week. :?

Obava - Really? I can grow up and be like you? How fab is that? Image
Hope you're feeling better- and you can catch up tonight on the food front, right?
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby obava » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Obava - Really? I can grow up and be like you? How fab is that? Image
Hope you're feeling better- and you can catch up tonight on the food front, right?

Wow- No one has EVER said that growing up to be like me is a good thing :lol:
No, I won't get caught up on the food front. Next weekend is a new start. But I did buy 2 big bags of salad today and a bunch of apples, so those are healthy choices :D
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby LCneiny » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Anyone else overdo it with food yesterday? .... No, just me? Oh well. :(

Need a reboot week, just not sure what my WC should be, hmmmm.

Good news though, my back pain was MUCH better by last Saturday, and now I'm feeling back to normal. I spent all Friday on the couch with a few glasses of wine, I'm convinced that's the best way to deal with pain ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 am

Ok, if that's the case I choose to make my WC this week to finish cleaning out the one remaining file box of CRAP I have left from a few weeks back when I started and then rain out of steam and left it to the side. It SHALL be done!
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:18 am

LC - ouchies on your back, glad its feeling better! And I can't fault you on how you dealt with the pain… yumm! Image
Overdoing it with food? Nah, none of us has ever done that, right? Image
You can reboot ANYTIME honey! Just have to decide to do it - maybe pick something to do that declares to you (and the world) that you're rebooting - I did it this past Sunday with cooking & a workout. (I know, not dramatic but it worked for me).

ABS - yeah for a WC goal! You can get that box done this week!! Image

Obava - you got salad and apples, that's good! Now go get some drano for your shower (yes I saw your troubles this AM on FB/Twitter). Image

Moi - I was desperately grateful to have Mr Darcy greeting me on my exercise bike. Image I really needed the motivation this morning, cuz I was restless last night.
I'm pretty sure Mr RA in North/South will be my next motivator, those gifs in the main thread had me almost hyperventilating! Though this gif is a close second...

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 am

Muffinmom wrote:I'm pretty sure Mr RA in North/South will be my next motivator, those gifs in the main thread had me almost hyperventilating!

You'll soon be one of us.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:51 pm

i have been an exercise fail lately....

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby obava » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:35 pm

obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 am

amynkansas wrote:i have been an exercise fail lately....]

Image So what's it gonna take for you to get moving? Just shake what you got Imageand you'll get that blood pumping in no time! ImageImage

Today's workout will have to be when I get home - my coworker picked me up at 6am cuz Muffindad needed my car today (his is at the mechanic).

I'm mega struggling right now with food - I'm fantastic all day, then after dinner I get mega sugar munchies that I can't seem to stop. So I've been nibbling on Muffin's cookies, sneaking Muffindad's chocolate and finding other junk to eat. NOT GOOD!Image Well, at least I'm good for MOST of the day... Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:36 am

SeattleLisa wrote:Image

who is this? cause it's not Jamie ;) he's supposed to have copper-colored hair that glows in the sun, & I don't remember the mention of guy-liner either... :P I'm just teasing :D is this a young Gerard Butler? he's too old to play him now anyways ;) (nothing against GB, I like him fine :) just not for Jamie :geek: )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby LCneiny » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
amynkansas wrote:i have been an exercise fail lately....]

Image So what's it gonna take for you to get moving? Just shake what you got Imageand you'll get that blood pumping in no time! ImageImage

Today's workout will have to be when I get home - my coworker picked me up at 6am cuz Muffindad needed my car today (his is at the mechanic).

I'm mega struggling right now with food - I'm fantastic all day, then after dinner I get mega sugar munchies that I can't seem to stop. So I've been nibbling on Muffin's cookies, sneaking Muffindad's chocolate and finding other junk to eat. NOT GOOD!Image Well, at least I'm good for MOST of the day... Image

I don't think I've said it recently - I love your gifs! And all your positivity!! You rock :D

For the sugar cravings, I've read that a bit of something bitter works to counteract the need for sweet. I always have a bottle of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar in the pantry, and after dinner if I crave chocolate, I'll have a shot of it. It's not the best tasting remedy, but I find if I then walk away my craving has subsided. Or what about freezing individual portions of chocolate bars or Lindt truffles? Since it takes a bit longer to bite through it, it may satisfy you more :?: If I'm giving in to my cravings, I try to take really small bites and savor it so I hopefully don't want more after I'm done.
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:29 pm

LC - Awww, you're too sweet! Image Glad you like the gifs (that I steal from my hippymom forum)

Yeah, I know about the bitter to counteract the sweet cravings... but I gotsa be motivated first... and it only works up to a point.. Image

I posted this pic in the main board but I think it bears repeating... (excuse me while I go fan myself)...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby LCneiny » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Muffinmom wrote:You can reboot ANYTIME honey! Just have to decide to do it - maybe pick something to do that declares to you (and the world) that you're rebooting - I did it this past Sunday with cooking & a workout. (I know, not dramatic but it worked for me).

YES excellent advice! I've been thinking about my free WC and I've decided on something that's a little "soft" or not so tangible. My WC is three-fold: say a daily affirmation, stop myself from sinking into negative self-speak, and stepping back when I'm stressed.

Here's what I'm aiming for:
Daily affirmation - these are supposed to be very powerful and very helpful. My favorite is something I found in yoga circles "I have enough, I do enough, I am enough." So simple but reminds me that I don't HAVE to do "everything." I'm saying this to myself in front of the mirror in the morning and before bed.
Negative self-speak - if I find myself looking in the mirror and starting to focus on flaws, stop and redirect my energy to something positive.
Managing stress - I've been under an extra load of stress at work lately, every day just feels worse than the previous one. So I'm trying very hard to keep my reactions to this level of stress in check. There's lots of methods that people suggest, but what I like is to close my eyes, take a few deep belly breaths, and smell something calming. I've been carrying a balm around with me that has the scent of lavender, which I LOVE.

Incidentally, there's a free online event going on this week that's aimed to helping all these areas! MM, I think you've mentioned this before but this event focuses on EFT, or tapping. Today is day 2 and talks are aimed at tapping for weight loss and so far I've loved everything I've heard! If you're interested, check it out here: http://thetappingsolution.com/2013event.

---------------------------------------------
On an unrelated note, I bought some grapefruit at the store last night because it looked so enticing...I had one at lunch today and forgot how much I love those little buggers! Yummy.
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby LCneiny » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:45 pm

YUM! Perfect for me, I love planning little snacks like this :)
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby amynkansas » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:24 pm

i just finished eating an entire can of cherry pie filling for dinner.

who am i kidding? i am still going to eat dinner too.

ps the pie filling was the "lite pie filling" if that makes me seem less pathetic.

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:51 am

amynkansas wrote:i just finished eating an entire can of cherry pie filling for dinner.

who am i kidding? i am still going to eat dinner too.

ps the pie filling was the "lite pie filling" if that makes me seem less pathetic.

I'm seriously crying right now I just laughed so hard. Even when you're posting a fail you make me laugh and smile and just feel so good.
You're MY cherry pie filling!!

PS - sorry to hear about the incident. But today is a new day and you can start again. And if nothing else you've accomplished the "do something nice for someone else" part of yesterday cuz I haven't really laughed much in the last couple months with my whole crap-ass sitch. So thank you for that :D I <3 U

Muffinmom wrote:I posted this pic in the main board but I think it bears repeating... (excuse me while I go fan myself)...

Yeah, I'd climb on that!

kelbel75 wrote:
SeattleLisa wrote:Image

who is this? cause it's not Jamie ;) he's supposed to have copper-colored hair that glows in the sun, & I don't remember the mention of guy-liner either... :P I'm just teasing :D is this a young Gerard Butler? he's too old to play him now anyways ;) (nothing against GB, I like him fine :) just not for Jamie :geek: )

Um, who is Jamie? I'm so out of the loop.

LCneiny wrote:I don't think I've said it recently - I love your gifs! And all your positivity!! You rock

I whole heartily concur!! I love it here. I miss you guys. It's been a quiet-ish Challenge. I was wondering if it was fizzling out and if maybe ppl didn't want to do another one? But I'm totally in for another kick at this can. Anyone else? What are all y'all's feelings about another round?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:50 am

Hells yeah, I am most definitely looking forward to a new challenge starting up the week of Feb18th, I vote that we keep it exactly the same as this one (and this time I *will* fill out my chart!) Image

Aww, glad guys you like my gifs! I have fun with them too Image

Um, I have no clue who this Jamie hot guy is, anyone know? Image

AMY!! You poor honey!! If its any consolation I inhaled several cookies and a box of yogurt covered raisins before dinner last night. Let's huddle together and restart today, ok? Ok? Image

Obava - yeah Wasa crackers are yummy! Sadly not in my plan nowadays since I'm trying to avoid wheat.

Yesterday was a good day in that I exercised and got to see some of this:

but was not such a good day foodwise. I suspect AF arriving last night may have had something to do with that… but I still need to reach out and text someone when I'm about to fall off the wagon. I hate to impose though… (this is me asking permission to text - yet again- I just feel awkward…) Image

Bleah. Got to plan a week long trip to Houston. Not excited but watchagonna do. Image

Off to play with work - see you around! Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:11 pm

"Jamie" is from the book series "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon ;) he's a young Scottish warrior from the 1700's, and VERY swoon-worthy 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:25 pm

im just peeking in...

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 pm

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 pm

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser