Go to footer

You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Hi Abs!! You're not alone!! I do stop by occasionally but not posting much b/c I've not been very religious with this challenge… though I'm doing yet another reboot today. I have given up on filling out my chart this time around but will commit to filling it out for the next challenge (see, that's why I wanted shorter challenges!!)

I find that my inspiration to keep up with the challenge plummets quickly if I don’t get to do my workouts. And life is ALWAYS getting in the way of those. Frustrating! Esp. when I see my DH doing his 2 hr workouts *every* frigging night (but then again he has dinner at 10pm :? ). What it boils down to is that I need to rearrange my schedule to find the time for my workouts and it really should happen before or after work, b/c lunchtime workouts keekp getting cancelled Can someone ASK me about this next week if I don't report on my progress? Image

So? Any progress ?

Also, you can text me if you want, but the international text charges might get a little hefty!
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks for checking, Abs!! Um, if you wanna text we could do it thru whatsapp... just PM me your # when you put it in your phone, and we can chat! (that goes for anyone else, anywhere).

Yes, I have gotten my workouts in all week! Mon-Thurs anyway, today I may or not do lunchtime yoga, depending on whether we have early dismissal thx to the upcoming snowstorm, if I don't do yoga I'll do the bike at home. Image I'm proud of this at least!

Foodwise... Sigh. I was able to hold off the junk most of the night, by telling myself that it was a choice to eat or not to eat the junk. But by 9:30pm I couldn't hold it anymore. I wasn't terrible but still I didn't need all those mini cookies or popcorn. Image

Now to just wait for enough snow so I can go home early from work... Image

AMY & Obava & LC and everyone else - how *are* you doing? Image

Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:21 am

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby LCneiny » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:38 am

Muffinmom wrote:
but was not such a good day foodwise. I suspect AF arriving last night may have had something to do with that… but I still need to reach out and text someone when I'm about to fall off the wagon. I hate to impose though… (this is me asking permission to text - yet again- I just feel awkward…) Image

You can text me anytime :) I seem to need a lifeline lately..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby LCneiny » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:41 am

I think we have less than an inch of snow currently. I'm not sure if I should continue drinking or be somewhat responsible and go to bed now, hmmm...

My bestie is in town this weekend (she lives on the west coast) and we're meeting up tomorrow morning, I CAN'T WAIT!! Even if there's a foot of snow, I will see her :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby kelbel75 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:25 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:47 am

Another reason to stop drinking diet soda: http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/healthy ... 00358.html
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby obava » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Wow last week of this Challenge starts tomorrow! The WC is to tell us about a goal or resolution you have in life.

Regarding a new Challenge, I am totally in for another one :P

But since it's still week 5, I want to tell you how I did a great job this week :) The WC was to make up your own WC and mine was to get lingering shizz done- mission accomplished! :D
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby JodieO » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:53 pm

obava wrote:Wow last week of this Challenge starts tomorrow! The WC is to tell us about a goal or resolution you have in life.

Regarding a new Challenge, I am totally in for another one :P

But since it's still week 5, I want to tell you how I did a great job this week :) The WC was to make up your own WC and mine was to get lingering shizz done- mission accomplished! :D

HOORAY!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:53 pm

LC - thx for the texting offer, I may take you up on it. I DID talk with my DH, and asked him to also be my AP, it feels weird but what the hey, he's been there done that so he may be able to help.

I *have* been doing my workouts and have moved in from P&P to N&S for entertainment while biking... WOW! John Thornton is certainly giving Edward a run in the brooding category, LOL! And he's certainly on-screen a lot more than Mr Darcy was. I'm about half way and enjoying it quite a bit. He's got quite the lovely voice too, yum!

Gotta plan for next week - esp. since Lent starts, I need to decide if I'm going to give up anything...

LMAO - my DD is facetime talking with a friends and talking about how much she likes anvils falling on people in cartoons... Sigh!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:56 pm

im watching the grammys tonight and then i will watch The Walking Dead on the DVR. Good TV is good.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:38 am

Muffinmom wrote:LC - thx for the texting offer, I may take you up on it. I DID talk with my DH, and asked him to also be my AP, it feels weird but what the hey, he's been there done that so he may be able to help.

I *have* been doing my workouts and have moved in from P&P to N&S for entertainment while biking... WOW! John Thornton is certainly giving Edward a run in the brooding category, LOL! And he's certainly on-screen a lot more than Mr Darcy was. I'm about half way and enjoying it quite a bit. He's got quite the lovely voice too, yum!

Gotta plan for next week - esp. since Lent starts, I need to decide if I'm going to give up anything...

LMAO - my DD is facetime talking with a friends and talking about how much she likes anvils falling on people in cartoons... Sigh!

John Thornton approves.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:49 am

Whoa, last week of the current Challenge! Man, that went by FAST!
It's also the last week of my poop job. That's right! I got a new job! YAY! That in and of itself is going to help enrich my life for the better. Trust. But I know my new job will help me on my journey to live the positive. This is not something new that I'm just doing for this week's WC. It's something I've been striving for for several years now. But with the second half of last year being so unbelievably shitty for me the struggle has been an uphill climb for about 5 months or so now. But I feel like I've finally surmounted said hill (mountain, really) and am on my way back into the peaceful valley of positivity.
Yay, time to celebrate!

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:31 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Whoa, last week of the current Challenge! Man, that went by FAST!
It's also the last week of my poop job. That's right! I got a new job! YAY! That in and of itself is going to help enrich my life for the better. Trust. But I know my new job will help me on my journey to live the positive. This is not something new that I'm just doing for this week's WC. It's something I've been striving for for several years now. But with the second half of last year being so unbelievably shitty for me the struggle has been an uphill climb for about 5 months or so now. But I feel like I've finally surmounted said hill (mountain, really) and am on my way back into the peaceful valley of positivity.
Yay, time to celebrate!

HOORAY!!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:47 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:Whoa, last week of the current Challenge! Man, that went by FAST!
Yay, time to celebrate!

congrats!!!!!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:48 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:Another reason to stop drinking diet soda: http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/healthy ... 00358.html

this was a great read!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:52 pm

OH my word! That last scene in N&S was...

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Muffinmom wrote:OH my word! That last scene in N&S was...

you mean this one?...

I watch this quite often, on repeat ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Image

OH my word! That last scene in N&S was...

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Um, yeah. THAT was the scene. I think I watched 3 times in a row right after I finished watching. :?

My new dilemma- what to watch on netflix or amazon prime while riding my exercise bike ? I'm between vamp diaries, bel ami or Jane eyre. Hmmm...???
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:46 am

Muffinmom wrote:Um, yeah. THAT was the scene. I think I watched 3 times in a row right after I finished watching. :?

My new dilemma- what to watch on netflix or amazon prime while riding my exercise bike ? I'm between vamp diaries, bel ami or Jane eyre. Hmmm...???

Don't bother with Bel Ami. Just sayin'.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:59 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Um, yeah. THAT was the scene. I think I watched 3 times in a row right after I finished watching. :?

Don't bother with Bel Ami. Just sayin'.

I liked Bel Ami. I didn't LOVE it, but I didn't think it was a waste of time. But it did not have anything romantic in it, if that's what you're lookin for. Your ovaries will not explode....
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:12 am

I'm contemplating doing something drastic: giving up pop for Lent :o I may just be setting myself up for failure :? but if may also be just the thing I need to break me of the daily habit 8-) I'll be sure to share my progress...*bites fingernails in nervousness*
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:30 am

kelbel75 wrote:I'm contemplating doing something drastic: giving up pop for Lent :o I may just be setting myself up for failure :? but if may also be just the thing I need to break me of the daily habit 8-) I'll be sure to share my progress...*bites fingernails in nervousness*

I will do it with you. make drinking other things (water, crystal light, tea) very accessable to make it easier.
Let's DO THIS!!!

I was also thinking of giving up candy...not sweets but candy. Is that the pussy way?
and I may try to go back to going to church. I haven't been going regularly for almost a year. My DH goes every Sunday...
I am just not a fan of organized religion. I could write lots about that but I won't here.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:56 am

Amy, I've been delinquent on the church going thing too.. i think about it every Sunday AM, then fall asleep again... Image

I need to dedie what/if i'm giving up for lent. Last year I gave up wheat - NOT EASY! And with my trip to Houston next week not that practical either. Image

So I ended up biking to BBC's Jane Eyre this morning (Bella loves Heathcliff, I am more partial to Mr Rochester). Speaking of Bella, we have a new coop that looks *just* like Kristen (ok I lie, she's prettier than K!). Why can't we get a new coop that looks like Rob? Image

I tracked my food yesterday and realized that the bulk of my calories came from my snacks. Sigh. I *did* use DH last night when I had my cookie attack, he suggested eating homemade popcorn instead. I still snuck in two peppermint patties. Even so, according to MyFitnessPal I still ate within my alloted calories Image

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser