Go to footer

Spring Smiles

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Spring Smiles

Postby JodieO » Wed May 01, 2013 9:30 am

kelbel75 wrote:mr.kb just joined twitter, w/out my knowledge, and now he follows me :? I'm really just now starting to use it more & have some fun with it, then he comes along & makes me second guess everything I want to say :| I have seriously considered creating another account...on top of my considering to
start a Richard Armitage blog :shock: :lol: this fangirling thing brightens my boring days, what can I say? :)

Block him. Then he can't follow you. ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Wed May 01, 2013 9:35 am

Kay Kay wrote:
Ummm....maybe the wife had a Twilight/Ron/Fanfiction/Secret twitter/photobucket, okay?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have my browser set to clear the history every time I close it. If something happens to me, poor Mr. KK is going to have a hell of a time explaining that one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahem...I have no idea what you might be talking about! :lol:

I died reading this because that is SO ME.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed May 01, 2013 9:37 am

Kay Kay wrote:Image

Did someone say "re-mojo"? Because this one does it for me.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed May 01, 2013 9:39 am

BrooklynBabe wrote:Yay. KK started posting and I didn't even post the calendar for 365 DoR. Here it is.

WTF is Robenburg? At first I thought it said Favorite Rob Douchebag, and I immediately althought of Jodie and her loathing if the backward hat. :D
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed May 01, 2013 9:43 am

Gianna wrote:WTF is Robenburg? At first I thought it said Favorite Rob Douchebag, and I immediately althought of Jodie and her loathing if the backward hat. :D

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Wed May 01, 2013 9:45 am

Ok Flatmates, I need your suggestions.

I used to have a super stressful job, traveled a lot, had to work late in the evening, on weekends, etc. But now my job is very low stress and I feel like I have tons of time on my hands. And while I love a good evening reading on the couch, I am getting a little bored and feeling guilty that I am not doing more with my time. I have been thinking about volunteering, but I am not finding much in my areas of interest. My issue is that I want to do something more than stuff envelopes, etc but I have no idea how to get involved in something (serve on a Board maybe). Anyone have experience with this? It seems most charities/groups need help with the mundane crap and i am just not feeling that. Thoughts/ideas/suggestions?
Last edited by Gianna on Wed May 01, 2013 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed May 01, 2013 9:46 am

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:WTF is Robenburg? At first I thought it said Favorite Rob Douchebag, and I immediately althought of Jodie and her loathing if the backward hat. :D

YES! This exactly. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed May 01, 2013 10:01 am

Gianna wrote:Ok Flatmates, I need your suggestions.

I used to have a super stressful job, traveled a lot, had to work late in the evening, on weekends, etc. But now my job is very low stress and I feel like I have tons of time on my hands. And while I love a good evening reading on the couch, I am getting a little bored and feeling guilty that I am not doing more with my time. I have been thinking about volunteering, but I am not finding much in my areas of interest. My issue is that I want to do something more than stuff envelopes, etc but I have no idea how to get involved in something (serve on a Board maybe). Anyone have experience with this? It seems most charities/groups need help with the mundane crap and i am just not feeling that. Thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

I've never really volunteered either, but I would imagine that anyplace is going to start you out on the bottom and you'll have to work your way up. They probably want to make sure that people aren't going to flake on them after two days before they give them more important jobs. I would say just find a cause or organization that you really believe in and go for it. If after a little while you feel like you are wasting your time you can move on.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Wed May 01, 2013 10:09 am

JodieO wrote:
I've never really volunteered either, but I would imagine that anyplace is going to start you out on the bottom and you'll have to work your way up. They probably want to make sure that people aren't going to flake on them after two days before they give them more important jobs. I would say just find a cause or organization that you really believe in and go for it. If after a little while you feel like you are wasting your time you can move on.

I knew you were going to say that! :lol: That is what Mr G told me and I know that is accurate and makes perfect sense, but I don't want to stuff envelopes and get paper cuts or do equally boring stuff. I just want someone to be all, "Why sure, we need you and your fabulous talents serving on this or that committee! Not sure how we have made it this long without you!"

I know, I am being a brat.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed May 01, 2013 10:11 am

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I knew you were going to say that! :lol: That is what Mr G told me and I know that is accurate and makes perfect sense, but I don't want to stuff envelopes and get paper cuts or do equally boring stuff. I just want someone to be all, "Why sure, we need you and your fabulous talents serving on this or that committee! Not sure how we have made it this long without you!"

I know, I am being a brat.

Hee! Ok, well lets start here, what sort of organization do you want to help with? Animals? Homeless? Elderly?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Wed May 01, 2013 10:47 am

JodieO wrote:
Hee! Ok, well lets start here, what sort of organization do you want to help with? Animals? Homeless? Elderly?

I would love to do something with animals, but I can't. I would either be horribly depressed or I would have 55 cats and 34 dogs.

I used to do some literacy tutoring, but that is so regimented in that you are assigned to a specific person and you have to meet with them X times per week for X amount of time. While I have time on my hands, I can't get that regimented as there are times when I travel and have to be more flexible about work. I am not good with kids, so that is out. Gah --- maybe I am useless to everyone. :| Or just too picky for my own good.

In my defense, a LOT of the stuff I am seeing takes place during the day. Um...people have jobs. I can't just disappear during the middle of my work day! I suppose that kind of thing is good for retired people, but not so much me.

I just need to keep looking.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed May 01, 2013 11:02 am

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I would love to do something with animals, but I can't. I would either be horribly depressed or I would have 55 cats and 34 dogs.

I used to do some literacy tutoring, but that is so regimented in that you are assigned to a specific person and you have to meet with them X times per week for X amount of time. While I have time on my hands, I can't get that regimented as there are times when I travel and have to be more flexible about work. I am not good with kids, so that is out. Gah --- maybe I am useless to everyone. :| Or just too picky for my own good.

In my defense, a LOT of the stuff I am seeing takes place during the day. Um...people have jobs. I can't just disappear during the middle of my work day! I suppose that kind of thing is good for retired people, but not so much me.

You know, I thought that about my sister, too when she started to volunteer at the animal shelter, but so far she has brought home exactly 0 animals. She gets to love on them and play with them and then send them off to good homes. She started off as a dog walker and after a bit of that she was allowed to hang out in the cat room and play with the kitties.

I know my vet donates some of his time to the shelter and provides X hours of free services per year. He has a 'snuggle committee' where each person is assigned to just cuddle one animal as he or she wakes up from the drugs. There are so many volunteers that people are put on a waiting list. Maybe your vet knows of some kind of organization that would let you do that? Or maybe elderly people need help walking their dogs or brushing their cats?

Alex probably has some better ideas than I do...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Wed May 01, 2013 11:07 am

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:

You should be a school govenor. Schools here are usually desperate for people. Several of my friends are on the board of govenors and it can be really interesting. Plus you could offer to tutor kids that are struggling to read. You tick all of the boxes Gia, you are intelligent, have a good imagination, and good organisational skills. You should do it. :D :D

If you fancy supporting an animal charity why don't you offer to help with the fundraising instead of front line kitty care? Stay well away from the animals themselves if you'll be too tempted. I know I would. Plus I'd be horribly upset, and lose faith in human nature. :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed May 01, 2013 11:09 am

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:

You know, I thought that about my sister, too when she started to volunteer at the animal shelter, but so far she has brought home exactly 0 animals. She gets to love on them and play with them and then send them off to good homes. She started off as a dog walker and after a bit of that she was allowed to hang out in the cat room and play with the kitties.

I know my vet donates some of his time to the shelter and provides X hours of free services per year. He has a 'snuggle committee' where each person is assigned to just cuddle one animal as he or she wakes up from the drugs. There are so many volunteers that people are put on a waiting list. Maybe your vet knows of some kind of organization that would let you do that? Or maybe elderly people need help walking their dogs or brushing their cats?

Alex probably has some better ideas than I do...

My boys were desperate to be part of a snuggle committee but they don't want people under 16 due to health and safety. My eldest tried everywhere animal related for his volunteer work, but no-one would have him because they weren't insured for it. :( :(
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby amynkansas » Wed May 01, 2013 11:10 am

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Maybe you could go and visit some organizations yo might be interested in and just see what they have to offer. You can go online to find places that need volunteers and see what's up. http://www.volunteermatch.org/ start out small so that your commitment level is low so you can bail without guilt if it's not right for you. And then move on to something new. Dig into your soul to find something you are really passionate about...i think that if you do it will all fall into place.
I think you could do something with animals without actaully having to come in contact with the animals, so don't rule that out.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Wed May 01, 2013 11:16 am

guitargirl wrote:My boys were desperate to be part of a snuggle committee but they don't want people under 16 due to health and safety. My eldest tried everywhere animal related for his volunteer work, but no-one would have him because they weren't insured for it. :( :(

Oh that is a massive bummer. =(
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Wed May 01, 2013 11:33 am

guitargirl wrote:

My boys were desperate to be part of a snuggle committee but they don't want people under 16 due to health and safety. My eldest tried everywhere animal related for his volunteer work, but no-one would have him because they weren't insured for it. :( :(

please send them here. I like snuggling and I live with non-huggers. :(

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby guitargirl » Wed May 01, 2013 12:17 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:My boys were desperate to be part of a snuggle committee but they don't want people under 16 due to health and safety. My eldest tried everywhere animal related for his volunteer work, but no-one would have him because they weren't insured for it. :( :(

Oh that is a massive bummer. =(

I know, right? We tried everywhere, and it's such a shame as I think both the kids, and the animals would benefit.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed May 01, 2013 12:20 pm

amynkansas wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

please send them here. I like snuggling and I live with non-huggers. :(

I love to snuggle too! I'd really struggle to live in a hug-less household. I'd feel bereft, as I'm quite a tactile person (but only with people I like :lol: :lol: ) Those who I have an aversion to, can fuck off. :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby dancing_echoes » Wed May 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:

What about a hippotherapy program? You don't need to know much about horses and it's a good way to get outdoors. And they are generally looking for people to help fundraise or do volunteer co-ordination if you don't want to do the horse bit. I miss volunteering, it was so fulfilling.
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby Gianna » Wed May 01, 2013 1:10 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:
What about a hippotherapy program? You don't need to know much about horses and it's a good way to get outdoors. And they are generally looking for people to help fundraise or do volunteer co-ordination if you don't want to do the horse bit. I miss volunteering, it was so fulfilling.

What is this program of which you speak? Never heard of such a thing?

Thanks guys - I know my request was kind of like asking someone to plan a vacation for you without giving them a budget or any clue what you like to do. ;)
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Wed May 01, 2013 1:56 pm

I've been in leadership training today and just got back to the office.

I want to report the steamy dream I had last night with Jodie's Movie Boyfriend. :o He and I were hanging out with my college roommate that used to hit on every guy that I dated. :x (She and I are still friends, but that really was an obnoxious character flaw. She finally outgrew it, although it was touch and go for a long time.) Anyway, apparently Dream Her has reverted to her old ways. We were at a party and I was with RA and she started coming on to him. He just winked at me, wrapped me in his arms and sat me down on his lap. Best response ever to her boyfriend stealing moves! Much making out and groping ensued and we progressed to snuggling in bed. Then I woke up in the best mood ever.

Even a morning of training didn't sour my mood. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed May 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Alexandra wrote: I've been in leadership training today and just got back to the office.

I want to report the steamy dream I had last night with Jodie's Movie Boyfriend. :o He and I were hanging out with my college roommate that used to hit on every guy that I dated. :x (She and I are still friends, but that really was an obnoxious character flaw. She finally outgrew it, although it was touch and go for a long time.) Anyway, apparently Dream Her has reverted to her old ways. We were at a party and I was with RA and she started coming on to him. He just winked at me, wrapped me in his arms and sat me down on his lap. Best response ever to her boyfriend stealing moves! Much making out and groping ensued and we progressed to snuggling in bed. Then I woke up in the best mood ever.

Waaaaait a minute... are you sure YOU weren't the boyfriend stealer?!?!

Why don't I ever have fun makey-outy dreams!? Color me jealous!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Wed May 01, 2013 2:41 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote: I've been in leadership training today and just got back to the office.

Waaaaait a minute... are you sure YOU weren't the boyfriend stealer?!?!

Why don't I ever have fun makey-outy dreams!? Color me jealous!

NOPE! Your boyfriend went to a party with me and then put some major moves on me.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed May 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Between to dream and KK's, it sounds like SOMEONE got some dream action last night (and sadly it was not me). I had a very boring dream that I was skiing. *yawn*
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats