Go to footer

Spring Smiles

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Spring Smiles

Postby JodieO » Wed May 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote: I've been in leadership training today and just got back to the office.

I want to report the steamy dream I had last night with Jodie's Movie Boyfriend. :o He and I were hanging out with my college roommate that used to hit on every guy that I dated. :x (She and I are still friends, but that really was an obnoxious character flaw. She finally outgrew it, although it was touch and go for a long time.) Anyway, apparently Dream Her has reverted to her old ways. We were at a party and I was with RA and she started coming on to him. He just winked at me, wrapped me in his arms and sat me down on his lap. Best response ever to her boyfriend stealing moves! Much making out and groping ensued and we progressed to snuggling in bed. Then I woke up in the best mood ever.

Even a morning of training didn't sour my mood. ;)

Waaaaait a minute... are you sure YOU weren't the boyfriend stealer?!?!

Why don't I ever have fun makey-outy dreams!? Color me jealous!

NOPE! Your boyfriend went to a party with me and then put some major moves on me.

Well with those long limbs of his I bet he's an excellent lap cuddler.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Alexandra wrote: I've been in leadership training today and just got back to the office.

I want to report the steamy dream I had last night with Jodie's Movie Boyfriend. :o He and I were hanging out with my college roommate that used to hit on every guy that I dated. :x (She and I are still friends, but that really was an obnoxious character flaw. She finally outgrew it, although it was touch and go for a long time.) Anyway, apparently Dream Her has reverted to her old ways. We were at a party and I was with RA and she started coming on to him. He just winked at me, wrapped me in his arms and sat me down on his lap. Best response ever to her boyfriend stealing moves! Much making out and groping ensued and we progressed to snuggling in bed. Then I woke up in the best mood ever.

Even a morning of training didn't sour my mood. ;)

my first response to this was "aww, that is something he would do." :P :roll: then I got a little jealous at the "groping" part :mrgreen:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:23 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:29 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed May 01, 2013 3:34 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Wed May 01, 2013 3:36 pm

amynkansas wrote:

Maybe this will be my next set of keychains....

I sure hope this particular set of key chains makes it across to London with you :twisted:
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby dancing_echoes » Wed May 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Gianna wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:
What about a hippotherapy program? You don't need to know much about horses and it's a good way to get outdoors. And they are generally looking for people to help fundraise or do volunteer co-ordination if you don't want to do the horse bit. I miss volunteering, it was so fulfilling.

What is this program of which you speak? Never heard of such a thing?

Thanks guys - I know my request was kind of like asking someone to plan a vacation for you without giving them a budget or any clue what you like to do. ;)

It's therapy (typically occupational or physical) that is given while the person is riding a horse. There are other types of equine assisted therapies too! Check out www.pathintl.org for more info.
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Wed May 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
It's not even that I'm scandalous on FB either! But I'm friends with co-workers on there so I can't complain about co-workers...or husband...or all the political posts my friends make...or comment on the dirt I read...or about the stupid shit I see/hear/think during the day.

THIS!
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby JodieO » Wed May 01, 2013 4:05 pm

Elsie_Tanner wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:
It's not even that I'm scandalous on FB either! But I'm friends with co-workers on there so I can't complain about co-workers...or husband...or all the political posts my friends make...or comment on the dirt I read...or about the stupid shit I see/hear/think during the day.

THIS!

This is why I refuse to friend coworkers and I only have select family members on there.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed May 01, 2013 9:52 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:
Gianna wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:
What about a hippotherapy program? You don't need to know much about horses and it's a good way to get outdoors. And they are generally looking for people to help fundraise or do volunteer co-ordination if you don't want to do the horse bit. I miss volunteering, it was so fulfilling.

What is this program of which you speak? Never heard of such a thing?

Thanks guys - I know my request was kind of like asking someone to plan a vacation for you without giving them a budget or any clue what you like to do. ;)

It's therapy (typically occupational or physical) that is given while the person is riding a horse. There are other types of equine assisted therapies too! Check out http://www.pathintl.org for more info.

This has been a literal life saver for my older son. A beyond amazing words service. If you're into animals and can tolerate humans, I'd recommend looking into it.
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby Gianna » Thu May 02, 2013 9:57 am

LittleSecrets wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:
It's therapy (typically occupational or physical) that is given while the person is riding a horse. There are other types of equine assisted therapies too! Check out http://www.pathintl.org for more info.

This has been a literal life saver for my older son. A beyond amazing words service. If you're into animals and can tolerate humans, I'd recommend looking into it.

Thanks ladies! I will look into it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu May 02, 2013 9:59 am

Monday: 80 degrees
Tuesday: 85 degrees
Wednesday: 60 degrees
Today: 35 AND SNOWING

Seriously. We were supposed to go to a baseball game for a friend's birthday and that game was canceled. So now we are trying to make alternate plans that are INDOORS. WTF is up with snow in May? Do not like.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Thu May 02, 2013 10:19 am

Gianna wrote:Monday: 80 degrees

Seriously. We were supposed to go to a baseball game for a friend's birthday and that game was canceled. So now we are trying to make alternate plans that are INDOORS. WTF is up with snow in May? Do not like.

Better you than me. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Thu May 02, 2013 10:26 am

lori_seals wrote:

I'm glad you said it first! I'm finally just getting used to it not being a perpetual dusk outside.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Thu May 02, 2013 10:31 am

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

I'm glad you said it first! I'm finally just getting used to it not being a perpetual dusk outside.

Sounds like we are going out to lunch and then do a little day drinking in the afternoon, so it could be worse. Best way I can think of to deal with snow in May!!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Thu May 02, 2013 10:32 am

Gianna wrote:Sounds like we are going out to lunch and then do a little day drinking in the afternoon, so it could be worse. Best way I can think of to deal with snow in May!!

Sounds like a good way to deal with pretty much any day! ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Alexandra » Thu May 02, 2013 11:39 am

Happy Thursday - almost Friday! It has already been an eventful day here. (Suspicious packages in the Metro near my office building caused all the streets to be closed while they were detonated. All clear now.)

I've been meaning to get back to Gia about ideas for volunteering opportunities. I try to keep my girls involved with volunteering. We've done everything from helping a local church package meals for Haiti and other destinations with hungry people. The organization is called "Stop Hunger Now!". A few of our local churches have hosted packaging events and we sign up and show up. It doesn't matter if it you are a member of the church or not. It looks from their website that lots of universities also host packaging events. They just need helping hands to pack rice meals for an hour or two. At least with my girls, it makes is so much more real to see a couple box trucks loaded with food at the end of the day.

Another organization that we've been involved with is Wreaths Across America. I know how special your grand dad was and if I remember right he was a WWII vet. This organization raises funds and puts Christmas wreaths on graves of vets at US National Cemetaries throughout the US. We did this in December and it was an awesome experience. I spent some time talking with the head of the VFW post there and we are planning to go there Memorial Day weekend to help in placing a flag on every grave in the cementary. No matter what type of volunteering that you want to do (hands on or fundraising or working with people) I'll bet that you could do it at your local VFW and keep your grand dad in your heart while you do it.

Just a few ideas. Sorry to go on and on. :oops: Can you tell that I feel strongly about community service?
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Muffinmom » Thu May 02, 2013 11:54 am

Alexandra wrote:Happy Thursday - almost Friday! It has already been an eventful day here. (Suspicious packages in the Metro near my office building caused all the streets to be closed while they were detonated. All clear now.)
<snip>
Can you tell that I feel strongly about community service?

EECk I saw your tweet about the suspicioius pkg, glad you got the all clear!Image

About community service - I love the idea of doing it but I have to ask - HOW do you find time to do it? I only have the one kid and I struggle to find laundry time, let alone service time. And you have THREE! I bow to your amazing time warp talents! Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Thu May 02, 2013 11:59 am

Alexandra wrote:Happy Thursday - almost Friday! It has already been an eventful day here. (Suspicious packages in the Metro near my office building caused all the streets to be closed while they were detonated. All clear now.)

Umm.. detonated?? As in they blew them up with outside explosives just to be safe, or they were actually explosive devices that the bomb squad blew up?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Thu May 02, 2013 12:10 pm

JodieO wrote:

Umm.. detonated?? As in they blew them up with outside explosives just to be safe, or they were actually explosive devices that the bomb squad blew up?

I'm told they used outside explosives just to be safe. Work BF was outside and he heard the explosions. I'm not sure exactly where or what, but they were somewhere close by in the subway.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu May 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I'm told they used outside explosives just to be safe. Work BF was outside and he heard the explosions. I'm not sure exactly where or what, but they were somewhere close by in the subway.

Sheesh! If only that were enough to cancel work for the day..
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu May 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Interesting theory relating to our discussion about allergies the other day: http://www.pressherald.com/news/Parents ... dren-.html
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Thu May 02, 2013 12:18 pm

JodieO wrote:Sheesh! If only that were enough to cancel work for the day..

IK,R? That would have been so appreciated. No real problem, but work cancellation. And it is a nice sunny day, too.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:54 pm

JodieO wrote:Interesting theory relating to our discussion about allergies the other day: http://www.pressherald.com/news/Parents ... dren-.html

when I was young people just didn't go to the doctor as much as they do now :| I myself never had a pediatrician, just went when I was very ill or needed shots ;) but my kids go at least once a year for a check-up, and anytime they have an ear-infection, high fever, etc. it was joked before that people just died from the allergies & no one ever knew why, but i think that may have a lot of truth to it. I feel the same way about all the diff't social/emotional disorders too. I'm sure I had social anxiety disorder as a child, and most likely OCD, along with who knows what else :roll: I had stomach problems that I never got diagnosed until adulthood and skin issues as well. I can think of a handful of kids that I went to school with who probably had diff't disorders that are labeled now, but back then they were just "weird" or had "behavior issues" :geek:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu May 02, 2013 1:01 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:Interesting theory relating to our discussion about allergies the other day: http://www.pressherald.com/news/Parents ... dren-.html

when I was young people just didn't go to the doctor as much as they do now :| I myself never had a pediatrician, just went when I was very ill or needed shots ;) but my kids go at least once a year for a check-up, and anytime they have an ear-infection, high fever, etc. it was joked before that people just died from the allergies & no one ever knew why, but i think that may have a lot of truth to it. I feel the same way about all the diff't social/emotional disorders too. I'm sure I had social anxiety disorder as a child, and most likely OCD, along with who knows what else :roll: I had stomach problems that I never got diagnosed until adulthood and skin issues as well. I can think of a handful of kids that I went to school with who probably had diff't disorders that are labeled now, but back then they were just "weird" or had "behavior issues" :geek:

I like that they point out that some of the parents claim their children have allergies without actually having them tested. They just assume that they do. My college friend was like that. Her brother was allergic to eggs or something so her dad decided she must be, too. It wasn't until college until she tried them and discovered she had no such allergy.

It's funny that they theorize being overly-clean could be a cause of it. When I started living in NYC was when I started being hypervigilant about washing my hands because have you ever seen the people holding onto those subway poles? Ew. My last year in NYC was when I started developing food allergies... Hrmmmmmmmmmmm...

My Gramma always said "You'll never be healthy unless you eat a peck of dirt every day." There might be something to that...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats