Go to footer

Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby amynkansas » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:44 am

anyone know any AMerican website where one can purchase Chuck Taylors? Preferable a site that allows for free returns.

PS - apparently CTs are the best shoes to wear while squatting and dead lifting. Who knew!
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:18 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:anyone know any AMerican website where one can purchase Chuck Taylors? Preferable a site that allows for free returns.

PS - apparently CTs are the best shoes to wear while squatting and dead lifting. Who knew!

I always get he knock-off kind, so I wouldn't know :P but they are surprisingly comfortable, for having no padding in them! I have very high arches in my feet, so I always have trouble with the walking shoes I buy, and even the casual dress shoes if I need to wear them all day; yet when I have the converse on (I've had the name brand kind too, and they feel the same ;) ), I'm fine :?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:38 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:anyone know any AMerican website where one can purchase Chuck Taylors? Preferable a site that allows for free returns.

http://www.kohls.com/ often has sales and coupons and carries CT. and i think the returns are free. but not sure if they ship to canada....
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:08 pm

Just because we always can use decorations here...
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:32 am

Muffinmom wrote:Just because we always can use decorations here...

does he ever NOT wear layers?!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:09 am

so i thought i would be nice and let my dog go off her leash in our unfenced backyard on this sunny, quiet, early sunday morning. she was great for a while and then took off. she went down the side yard and then started cruising through the neighborhood. I caught up to her and was about 30 feet from her. I am quietly calling for her and she of course is ignoring me. so i crouch down and inspect the grass as if there is something extremely interesting there, thinking this will pique her interest. it does not. so then I act like i found snacks there. i pretend to eat things from the grass. i am making lip smacking noises and chewing motions. this does it! she comes running over to me and i am able to grab her leash. feeling all great about myself about how clever i am, i turn around and there is my neighbor standing there with his dog...asking me if i had a nice breakfast.

I guess after bing neighbors with me for 10 years, nothing surprises him anymore.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Zappos. Free shipping both ways.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:03 pm

amynkansas wrote:so i thought i would be nice and let my dog go off her leash in our unfenced backyard on this sunny, quiet, early sunday morning. she was great for a while and then took off. she went down the side yard and then started cruising through the neighborhood. I caught up to her and was about 30 feet from her. I am quietly calling for her and she of course is ignoring me. so i crouch down and inspect the grass as if there is something extremely interesting there, thinking this will pique her interest. it does not. so then I act like i found snacks there. i pretend to eat things from the grass. i am making lip smacking noises and chewing motions. this does it! she comes running over to me and i am able to grab her leash. feeling all great about myself about how clever i am, i turn around and there is my neighbor standing there with his dog...asking me if i had a nice breakfast.

I guess after bing neighbors with me for 10 years, nothing surprises him anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Greens are good, don't forget :D
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:23 am

amynkansas wrote:does he ever NOT wear layers?!

Yeah!

BTW Amy, your dog story is just TOO funny!!

SO I finally got to meet a few flatmates last weekend - including a few that hang out here once in a while - WOOHOO!! We had a lovely time in NYC!
The one silly bummer is that I forgot to bring my pedometer (so I just attached it to DH's sneakers when he did his two hr bike workout - shhh! I figure it evens out).
Today I'm working from home, and I'm loving that I can wear my fuzzy slippers while doing boring stuff ;)
Have a fab healthy day everyone! Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu May 02, 2013 9:24 am

amynkansas wrote:
http://www.kohls.com/ often has sales and coupons and carries CT. and i think the returns are free. but not sure if they ship to canada....

JodieO wrote:

Zappos. Free shipping both ways.

<3 thanks dolls!! :D
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon May 06, 2013 7:32 am

So now that the warmer weather is finally here in the Tee-dot it's time to change some of my mainstays when it comes to dinner planning. Stews and soups make way for BBQ and salads.
Unfortunately, the warmer weather also means a way busier schedule; so I'm wondering - what are some of your summertime mainstays when it comes to meal planning? I know we have a recipe section of The Flat, I'm not asking for recipes here. Just some ideas for some really good, nutritious, filling summer time meals. It's all too easy during the summer to scarf down a handful of crackers and some cheese and call it dinner. Do you have any easy to make but nutritiously valuable meals you like to make during the warmer months?
Share away......................

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Mon May 06, 2013 9:44 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:So now that the warmer weather is finally here in the Tee-dot it's time to change some of my mainstays when it comes to dinner planning. Stews and soups make way for BBQ and salads.
Unfortunately, the warmer weather also means a way busier schedule; so I'm wondering - what are some of your summertime mainstays when it comes to meal planning? I know we have a recipe section of The Flat, I'm not asking for recipes here. Just some ideas for some really good, nutritious, filling summer time meals. It's all too easy during the summer to scarf down a handful of crackers and some cheese and call it dinner. Do you have any easy to make but nutritiously valuable meals you like to make during the warmer months?
Share away......................

I like to make kabobs. I make a marinade the night before, dump it into a big baggie, dump in the meat, and the next day they are all ready to skewer. Lasts a few days until you get sick of it. Or you can take what you want for a day and pop the rest into the freezer.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon May 06, 2013 10:13 pm

JodieO wrote:I like to make kabobs. I make a marinade the night before, dump it into a big baggie, dump in the meat, and the next day they are all ready to skewer. Lasts a few days until you get sick of it. Or you can take what you want for a day and pop the rest into the freezer.

what do you marinade with?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Mon May 06, 2013 10:19 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:
JodieO wrote:I like to make kabobs. I make a marinade the night before, dump it into a big baggie, dump in the meat, and the next day they are all ready to skewer. Lasts a few days until you get sick of it. Or you can take what you want for a day and pop the rest into the freezer.

I was wondering the same thing.

I usually put Worcestershire sauce and red wine vinegar, garlic powder and a bit of veg oil to keep it from sticking. (this is good for grilled eggplant too)
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Tue May 07, 2013 9:31 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:

I have a recipe based on a Korean bbq dish. It has a lot of ingredients, so it looks foreboding, but I just dump everything into the blender and it's ready in 3 seconds. Google bul go gui. There are a lot of different ones out there, so if you prefer I can share my recipe when I get home.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Tue May 07, 2013 10:13 am

Sigh, bbq is too much work for me, mainly b/c our grill isn’t close to the house so it’s a pain to go outside and grill. I’d rather use my crockpot. Or salads.

I think I’m mostly recovered from all the gardening this weekend. Weird thing - my *hands* are maybe more tired than my legs!!

And I'm annoyed that my boss scheduled a meeting during lunch. There goes my work out time today. Image

Always love this smile!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue May 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Sigh, bbq is too much work for me, mainly b/c our grill isn’t close to the house so it’s a pain to go outside and grill. I’d rather use my crockpot. Or salads.

What do you make in a crockpot that's good for summer? Do tell

Muffinmom wrote:Always love this smile!

I totes agree.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Tue May 07, 2013 10:55 pm

amynkansas wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:

I was wondering the same thing.

I usually put Worcestershire sauce and red wine vinegar, garlic powder and a bit of veg oil to keep it from sticking. (this is good for grilled eggplant too)

Ok, here's my marinade. It's best for beef, but it's good on chicken, too.

1lb beef in kabob-sized cubes
2Tbs soy sauce (spring for the good stuff. There really is a difference. I like tamari or whatever it's called)
1TBS sugar (don't skip this. it's important. It won't taste right without it.)
1Tbs sesame oil
4 chopped scallions
3 cloves crushed garlic
1tsp grated ginger (I buy the pre-grated stuff in the jar)
1Tbs sake or rice vinegar
1Tbs peanut oil
1Tbs toasted sesame seeds

To toast the seeds just put them in a teflon pan of some sort on low heat until they start to brown, then remove from heat. Takes a minute or so, so don't let them burn. If you actually go through with all the chopping and grating and crushing and stuff the recipe says to toss the ingredients together. Since I'm all lazy and shit I don't chop, crush, or grate, but dump everything into the blender and give it a good 30 second blend.

Pour it into a baggie with the meat and let it marinate overnight. Shake the bag up every now and again to make sure everything is nicely soaking in.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed May 08, 2013 7:05 pm

I.am.so.trying.this!!!
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Thu May 09, 2013 9:31 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Sigh, bbq is too much work for me, mainly b/c our grill isn’t close to the house so it’s a pain to go outside and grill. I’d rather use my crockpot. Or salads.

What do you make in a crockpot that's good for summer? Do tell

Summery crockpot would be Ratatouille, otherwise I make my old staples like chili (vegetarian or white chicken).
This year I think I'm going to try a few new recipes from my fave crockpot website (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/) such as falafel and chicken lettuce wraps). Sometimes I'll toss chx breast with bbq sauce on them (or other marinade) then dump them on a salad.

For my 365 days of Rob here's my pic of the day showing how I'm feeling ... (rained out!)
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri May 10, 2013 9:30 am

Ok, it's time to get our booties moving this weekend:

It's time to dance again

Burn them calories

Go for a walk, run for the thrill of it, push up that hill!

Shake the room (and your bootie)

And when you're done that, sit down and gawk at, er, I mean, watch this:

DAYUM GIRL - you're so freakin' SEXY!!!!!
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon May 13, 2013 7:34 am

whoooohooo, my lazy butt that can't run worth a darn is actually not as useless as I thought:

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-o ... 51804.html
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon May 13, 2013 1:09 pm

I forgot to put in an ice pack with my lunch, but I ate my sandwich anyways… now my stomach’s feeling a bit off. Is it mental or is it real? Image

On Thursday I start doing personal training with my yoga teacher at our work gym. She has evil tendencies when she does our yoga class, so I should be skeert about having her as a personal trainer, I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment, LOL! At least she knows what my "I'm going to kill you" face looks like as well as my "you've GOT to be joking" face... :lol:

Abs - nothing wrong with walking! Cardio is Cardio is Cardio, right?
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue May 14, 2013 8:07 am

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats