Go to footer

Take Me Back

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Take Me Back

Postby JodieO » Thu May 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Well I've been looking for a new thread opener and here it is... THANKS, GIA!!!!!!!!

Gianna wrote:I just had that moment when you hear a song and it takes you RIGHT BACK to a time, a place, a feeling...it was awesome. The song was "Roxanne" by The Police and it will forever take me back to working on the newspaper and yearbook in high school. The senior that I was SO IN LOVE WITH loved that song, and he used to blast it from his boom box (that's right...I just said boom box) from inside the darkroom while he was developing photos and screech right along with Sting. It was glorious.

What song takes YOU back and to where/when?

"Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" will always remind me of all those blissful days I spent riding around with my bestie in our cars when we were teenagers singing along at the top of our lungs.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: Take Me Back

Postby JodieO » Thu May 09, 2013 1:49 pm

So most of you know that I became a Twihard as a way of taking my mind off my crippling depression. While I was never suicidal, I have to admit that this is the most accurate depiction of depression I have ever read in my life.
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2 ... t-two.html
Especially this. God, I remember trying so. hard...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cPbgKszird0/U ... DTWO10.png

I would like to thank you all for being my shriveled up piece of corn. Seriously. You were.

Thank you.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu May 09, 2013 2:06 pm

JodieO wrote:So most of you know that I became a Twihard as a way of taking my mind off my crippling depression. While I was never suicidal, I have to admit that this is the most accurate depiction of depression I have ever read in my life.

I would like to thank you all for being my shriveled up piece of corn. Seriously. You were.

Thank you.

Whoa. I have to agree that it IS the most accurate explanation of depression EVER.

And...you're welcome. Mwah.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Thu May 09, 2013 2:09 pm

JodieO wrote:Well I've been looking for a new thread opener and here it is... THANKS, GIA!!!!!!!!

Gianna wrote:I just had that moment when you hear a song and it takes you RIGHT BACK to a time, a place, a feeling...it was awesome. The song was "Roxanne" by The Police and it will forever take me back to working on the newspaper and yearbook in high school. The senior that I was SO IN LOVE WITH loved that song, and he used to blast it from his boom box (that's right...I just said boom box) from inside the darkroom while he was developing photos and screech right along with Sting. It was glorious.

What song takes YOU back and to where/when?

"Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" will always remind me of all those blissful days I spent riding around with my bestie in our cars when we were teenagers singing along at the top of our lungs.

omg, there are SOO SO SO SO SO many. Music is a HUGE part of my life and it seems like every moment in my life has a song attached to it.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Alexandra » Thu May 09, 2013 2:13 pm

JodieO wrote:So most of you know that I became a Twihard as a way of taking my mind off my crippling depression. While I was never suicidal, I have to admit that this is the most accurate depiction of depression I have ever read in my life.

Thank you.

I have never been so thrilled to be compared to a shriveled up piece of old food. ILY and I'm so glad that you were interested in what was hiding under the fridge. ;) MWAH!
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:21 pm

okay, one post to try and catch up :D (insert silly "pulp fiction" joke about ketchup :P )

-my kids have never slept in my bed with me, I'm a meanie. my mom always took me back into my room, even tho I had horrible nightmares every night, if I survived so can you! I like my sleep, can you tell? :oops:
-morning nookie is not my thing either. aside from the morning breath & the freeing darkness being no more, I like my sleep, remember ;) :roll:
-I get up at 6:30am on weekdays, thankfully mr.kb can't seem to sleep in on weekends, so i can! then I sleep until 9am :shock:
-EVERY song takes me back to a memory, so really you just need to name a song & I will bore you to tears w/what it takes me back to. scents do that to me too :?
-the Hyperbole post hit very close to home for me. (aside from the "killing oneself" section. I never got that low :( ) it's why NOW I take enjoyment where ever I find it, and make no excuses or apologies 8-) it is what it is *shrugs* don't waste time wishing it away, b/c you'll only feel worse when it sticks around :ugeek:
-and one of those enjoyments that I make no apologies for is Richard Armitage 8-) and so now I've given in and started a blog about him :roll: :lol: http://nowhereinparticularra.wordpress.com/

here's a cat :)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby lori_seals » Thu May 09, 2013 2:24 pm

kelbel75 wrote:

here's a cat :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm DYING here. I love this.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Thu May 09, 2013 2:24 pm

kelbel75 wrote:here's a cat :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LOVE THAT!

This is why it's no fun to play 'what's under the blanket?' with my cats anymore. They know it's me and they give my hand one swat out of pity then roll their eyes at me.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:28 pm

JodieO wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LOVE THAT!

This is why it's no fun to play 'what's under the blanket?' with my cats anymore. They know it's me and they give my hand one swat out of pity then roll their eyes at me.

I've never seen a cat stand up on it's haunches like that before :shock: if mine did that, I'd freak the fuck out!
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby lori_seals » Thu May 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Rant ahead, please feel free to skip over it. :D

My mother's family is FULL of users. I mean, every single one of her brothers and sisters AND their kids (oh, wait, her one brother and his family are okay but they don't live close by...hmmm) I am so thankful that my mom is the "normal" one.

My mom is the oldest of 7. We live half an hour from the majority of the family. Most of them live in the same town or very close to it. They bleed my grandmother dry financially constantly. And she gives and gives and gives. Now you remember my whorish cousin?? she's part of this family. And my grandmother believes every word out of her MOUTH! She recently got fired from her new job for fucking the manager. but OH, that's just not what happened. SHE TOLD ME SHE WAS FUCKING HIM!

So I see on FB that my Aunt is taking said whore and her sister and who knows who else to the beach next week. hmmm, the whore isn't working. the sister works part time at the Dollar Store. Guess we know who is paying. And a couple of years ago I had to borrow money from this aunt to pay for propane so I could KEEP MY FAMILY WARM. And she fucking hounded me every month until I managed to pay her back.

These people make me sick.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Thu May 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Thank you.

Love you, Jodes!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu May 09, 2013 2:36 pm

lori_seals wrote:Rant ahead, please feel free to skip over it. :D

My mother's family is FULL of users. I mean, every single one of her brothers and sisters AND their kids (oh, wait, her one brother and his family are okay but they don't live close by...hmmm) I am so thankful that my mom is the "normal" one.

My mom is the oldest of 7. We live half an hour from the majority of the family. Most of them live in the same town or very close to it. They bleed my grandmother dry financially constantly. And she gives and gives and gives. Now you remember my whorish cousin?? she's part of this family. And my grandmother believes every word out of her MOUTH! She recently got fired from her new job for fucking the manager. but OH, that's just not what happened. SHE TOLD ME SHE WAS FUCKING HIM!

So I see on FB that my Aunt is taking said whore and her sister and who knows who else to the beach next week. hmmm, the whore isn't working. the sister works part time at the Dollar Store. Guess we know who is paying. And a couple of years ago I had to borrow money from this aunt to pay for propane so I could KEEP MY FAMILY WARM. And she fucking hounded me every month until I managed to pay her back.

That is infuriating. I know family members like that, too and it's a constant struggle not to punch them in the face.

HUGS.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Thu May 09, 2013 2:38 pm

JodieO wrote:

That is infuriating. I know family members like that, too and it's a constant struggle not to punch them in the face.

HUGS.

It really is. One of these days, I may lose the struggle.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Thu May 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Thank you.

I read this earlier today and before reading it, I would have told you that I didn't think I had ever been that depressed. But after reading it, I can say that I have experienced some of that. Not to the extremes described or for the duration of time, but losing my job was most definitely something that impacted my life greatly. There was a year of my life when I cried every day on my way home from the office, much to the alarm of the people stopped next to me a stoplights. I was at the lowest point in my entire life. Getting this new job has saved me in more ways than one. As have many other things, y'all included.

I am so glad she is feeling better...her blog makes me laugh more than almost anything else. I have missed her!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu May 09, 2013 2:43 pm

JodieO wrote:Well I've been looking for a new thread opener and here it is... THANKS, GIA!!!!!!!!.

Anytime! I was just trying to avoid the awfulness on my desk right now. :D
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu May 09, 2013 3:12 pm

That is maddening. I have a cousin who completely takes advantage of her parents and it makes me crazy. I have worked for everything I have ever had in my life, why should she be any different? Her parents let her live in one of their rental properties for free, and have for like 15 years. They finally told her they would just give it to her and she said no because she doesn't want to pay taxes. WHAT?
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu May 09, 2013 3:20 pm

Gianna wrote:

That is maddening. I have a cousin who completely takes advantage of her parents and it makes me crazy. I have worked for everything I have ever had in my life, why should she be any different? Her parents let her live in one of their rental properties for free, and have for like 15 years. They finally told her they would just give it to her and she said no because she doesn't want to pay taxes. WHAT?

APSDIOSHJSDKLFLKSJHF!!!!!!!

WHAT?! Then I'd make her start paying 'rent' at least in the amount of the property taxes.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Thu May 09, 2013 3:28 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:

WHAT?! Then I'd make her start paying 'rent' at least in the amount of the property taxes.

I know. It is shameful. There are so many others who would appreciate the things that have been done for her, and yet she just blows them all off like its nothing. Her mom has cancer and is VERY, very sick...she hasn't been to see her since her diagnosis about three years ago and they only live three hours away. She is a horrid, horrid human being. Period.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu May 09, 2013 3:37 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:

I know. It is shameful. There are so many others who would appreciate the things that have been done for her, and yet she just blows them all off like its nothing. Her mom has cancer and is VERY, very sick...she hasn't been to see her since her diagnosis about three years ago and they only live three hours away. She is a horrid, horrid human being. Period.

BEG PARDON
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu May 09, 2013 3:46 pm

lori_seals wrote:

Thank you.

Whoa. I have to agree that it IS the most accurate explanation of depression EVER.

Thirding this.
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu May 09, 2013 3:47 pm

By the way, my new career might be to stalk single Ian with a roll of duct tape (to keep the do gooding from spewing out of his mouth). Just sayin'. ;)
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby JodieO » Thu May 09, 2013 4:00 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:By the way, my new career might be to stalk single Ian with a roll of duct tape (to keep the do gooding from spewing out of his mouth). Just sayin'. ;)

Naw, you shouldn't cover up that pretty mouth. Just have a safe word to indicate he should stop talking when it gets to be too much.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Thu May 09, 2013 4:02 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:By the way, my new career might be to stalk single Ian with a roll of duct tape (to keep the do gooding from spewing out of his mouth). Just sayin'. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu May 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Please make this happen. I beg you.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Kay Kay » Thu May 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Image[/color]

Ohhh my god. I died. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats