Go to footer

Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby kelbel75 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:51 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:54 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri May 24, 2013 7:42 am

HAPPY FRIDAY Y'ALL!!
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Fri May 24, 2013 10:06 am

Oh Abs, those pics made my Friday Very Very Happy! Here's a few more... (where's BB when you need her? )

On the healthy side - you can be proud that I ignored my breakfast bagel cravings and had my yogurt instead. Image

Anyone doing anything special for the weekend? I'm just staying home, doing house stuff mainly & a bbq with the in-laws on Memorial Day.
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Fri May 24, 2013 5:06 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote: :D

HAPPY FRIDAY Y'ALL!!

One of my all time favorites.....

We got back from our trip Wednesday night. We had a great time. Highlights include meeting flatmates Elsie_Tanner and GuitarGirl in London, making dinner with a bunch of fun, funny people in a castle in Germany and walking 27 miles (might be exagerating) to see the Eiffel Tower in Paris. ANd since my DH and I have never ridden (rode?) a subway we truly enjoyed riding the Tube in London. We felt like "the shit" making our way about town under the city like a local. :D
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sat May 25, 2013 5:39 pm

the daily thread has some of my vacay adventures documented...
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun May 26, 2013 7:42 am

amynkansas wrote:the daily thread has some of my vacay adventures documented...

YAY, your trip looks like so much fun!!! Makes me want to go on an adventure :D

Um, what is the story behind the gorilla?????
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Sun May 26, 2013 10:20 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
amynkansas wrote:the daily thread has some of my vacay adventures documented...

YAY, your trip looks like so much fun!!! Makes me want to go on an adventure :D

Um, what is the story behind the gorilla?????

There were many people (mostly females) begging for money. some under the guise of getting you to sign a petition for something that "seemed" ligit and then asking for money when they had you there. The gorilla I think wanted you to get your photo taken with him (or her) and then was asking for money for the trouble. I guess they are considered a street performers and if you enjoy their "performance" ie take a photo, you owe them. It's like that here in the states too and in every country we visited. I did give money to the ones I enjoyed or photographed but I wasn't fond of being assulted by the gorrilla. The folks at the Eiffel Tower were the worst beggers we saw. The only came up to Americans it seemed. I was put off.

And don't think that I don't have a heart but after having personal experience with a drug addict I am leery of beggers and "homeless". My daughter even admitted that she stooped pretty low to get money, even lying about her circumstances.

Traveling made me appreciate what I have here in Kansas. We get a lot for our money here. Space is such a commodity over there (and in big cities here in the US) that it made me appreciate that I have a single dwelling home with a front and back yard (which needs to be mowed today). Although with space being rare for businesses and city apartments, I loved the way there were many large parks everywhere. And everything was so lush and green with it being spring.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Wed May 29, 2013 9:14 am

AMY!!!
Your pics looks AMAZING and I'm sure you've got even more awesome ones. Glad you had such a fab time and that you even got to meet our brit Flatmates!!

Today I'm in Long Island for a work meeting, I'm currently at a kosher :shock: Dunkin Donuts waiting for my co-worker so we can go to our meeting together. For a while the nooyawk accents were INTENSE, LOL! I almost thought of contacting BB or VRL since I had to drive thru Brooklyn, but with it being a work meeting I'm not sure of my schedule. BOOHOO!!

Exercise wise its been a bust - the long weekend was too busy and I unfortunately had no time for my workouts. BOO HOO again. And I gave in to my frustration at no exercise so I didn't eat well. :? Gotta get a grip on that! I did meet with my dr to go over bloodwork, its looking better but I still want to review my diet/food plans so I made an appt with their nutritionist.

What's everyone else doing to take care of themselves? nyone want to develop a new challenge - perhaps a walking/ exercise challenge to keep things simple?

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby kelbel75 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:13 pm

Muffinmom wrote:What's everyone else doing to take care of themselves? nyone want to develop a new challenge - perhaps a walking/ exercise challenge to keep things simple?

I'd be up for a walking challenge :D I want to try to get outside with my daughter during the mornings this summer and get moving! she's only 8 yrs old, so I can't power-walk or anything, but we just need to get off the couch! (that's in addition to my treadmill/Richard Armitage viewings, of course ;) )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Muffinmom » Wed May 29, 2013 3:02 pm

kelbel75 wrote:I'd be up for a walking challenge :D I want to try to get outside with my daughter during the mornings this summer and get moving! she's only 8 yrs old, so I can't power-walk or anything, but we just need to get off the couch! (that's in addition to my treadmill/Richard Armitage viewings, of course ;) )

OK - how about a new thread called "Catch me if you can" (or whatever other title you guys can cook up) and have the goals be:

1- Goal to be active at least 5 days a week for at last 1/2 hr a day
2 - At least 3 days have to be cardio active days (walk/run/bike/swim/etc), other days can be strength / flexibility/ other type of exercise.
3- Each week you need to stop by the board at least ONCE and report on how you did the week before.
4. We do this for all of June and July

Thoughts? Tweaks?
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Wed May 29, 2013 4:43 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:I'd be up for a walking challenge :D I want to try to get outside with my daughter during the mornings this summer and get moving! she's only 8 yrs old, so I can't power-walk or anything, but we just need to get off the couch! (that's in addition to my treadmill/Richard Armitage viewings, of course ;) )

OK - how about a new thread called "Catch me if you can" (or whatever other title you guys can cook up) and have the goals be:

2 - At least 3 days have to be cardio active days (walk/run/bike/swim/etc), other days can be strength / flexibility/ other type of exercise.
3- Each week you need to stop by the board at least ONCE and report on how you did the week before.

Thoughts? Tweaks?

This sounds great...and I love the title.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Wed May 29, 2013 10:45 pm

this reminds me: i need to wax my upper lip this week
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri May 31, 2013 8:01 am

Muffinmom wrote:Image

Thoughts? Tweaks?

Holy Toledo! - 5 days a week? Yeah, I'm failing at this one for sure. Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by "active". I'm "active" every day. Yesterday I was active until well past midnight, working in the morning, clients at night, then errands, then wrapping gifts and baking cakes for my mom's 70th bday this weekend. :roll:
But something tells me that's not what "active" means here. If by "active" we mean setting aside time to go to the gym or going for a run etc. then this will most defs by a CHALLENGe for me. But I guess that's a good thing, right. And I used to do it all the time not so long ago. Thanks in large part to this thread. So I say, LET'S DO THIS!!

Name suggestion: if we're going with the "catch me if you can" idea, what if we stick with the Twilight themed Challenge Names and call it something like "as if you could out run me", or "she runs with vampires" or "you can't really run with vampires....cause they're fast" or smth. like that?

PS - sign of the times - when you google "twilight running" instead of seventy bagillion pages of robert pattinson images, with the occasional pic of another cast member scattered throughout, instead you get reems and reems of the purple My Little Pony named Twilight, running :D

Image (sorry for the hotlink. but I'm not saving that to my photobucket :D)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Fri May 31, 2013 8:55 am

Abs - I LOOOVE your thread title suggestions, I just couldn't remember what's been done before (then again, I guess we could recycle?) Your BD2 pic had me LMAO cuz of course it matches!

Ooooh, I see My Little Pony strikes again *shudder*, so glad Muffin's outgrown that phase, even though we still have a huge stuffed Pinkie Pie. Image

And YES you're correct, when I say "active" I mean at least 3 days with some sort of cardio activity and the rest can be strength/stretching type of activity. Not allowed to be a couch potato here! Image

I debated if we should include other elements but thought - its summer - better to keep it simple!

Um, I'm feeling suddenly very gauche - is it bad form to just hotlink pics? Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri May 31, 2013 9:30 am

Muffinmom wrote:Abs - I LOOOVE your thread title suggestions, I just couldn't remember what's been done before (then again, I guess we could recycle?)

Honestly, neither can I. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if any of those have already been used. But recycling is green and what is green?
GREEN = GOOD
:|
Muffinmom wrote: Your BD2 pic had me LMAO cuz of course it matches!

Ooooh, I see My Little Pony strikes again *shudder*, so glad Muffin's outgrown that phase, even though we still have a huge stuffed Pinkie Pie. Image

And YES you're correct, when I say "active" I mean at least 3 days with some sort of cardio activity and the rest can be strength/stretching type of activity. Not allowed to be a couch potato here!

I wish.

I debated if we should include other elements but thought - its summer - better to keep it simple!

I think it's perfect!

Muffinmom wrote:Um, I'm feeling suddenly very gauche - is it bad form to just hotlink pics? Image

Idunno. Apparently it is. But I'm not entirely sure I could explain why. I just don't want the mods to boot me (oh haaay Jodes, haaay-hay-hay Kelbel! Please don't put me in a taxi and send me away)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Fri May 31, 2013 9:38 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Um, I'm feeling suddenly very gauche - is it bad form to just hotlink pics? Image

Idunno. Apparently it is. But I'm not entirely sure I could explain why. I just don't want the mods to boot me (oh haaay Jodes, haaay-hay-hay Kelbel! Please don't put me in a taxi and send me away)

Technically yes, it's bad form to hot link as some sites have to pay for bandwidth and when you hotlink it eats up some of their bandwidth.

That being said, I hotlink all the time because I don't have time to save everything and load it to flickr and get the special flickr link and blah blah blah.

Err, I mean, FOR SHAME! Stop being bad! Unless you are going to post more of those photos... then I just MIGHT overlook it...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Fri May 31, 2013 10:23 am

Can I claim ignorance on how to do copy/paste pics efficiently? I can download them to the 'puter then upload to flickr/photob but its impossible to do it quickly and its also soooo hard to catalogue/ find anything??? Sigh.
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby kelbel75 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:27 am

JodieO wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:

Technically yes, it's bad form to hot link as some sites have to pay for bandwidth and when you hotlink it eats up some of their bandwidth.

That being said, I hotlink all the time because I don't have time to save everything and load it to flickr and get the special flickr link and blah blah blah.

Err, I mean, FOR SHAME! Stop being bad! Unless you are going to post more of those photos... then I just MIGHT overlook it...

what, you didn't understand my long-winded hot-linking lesson the other day, abs? :P I just like to tease JodieO about doing it from time to time, but it's not like I'm on a "hot-linking" mission or anything. for our little forum, it really doesn't make an impact. but PLEASE feel free to post Richard pics, any way you can get them :twisted:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:34 am

Can I claim ignorance on how to do copy/paste pics efficiently? I can download them to the 'puter then upload to flickr/photob but its impossible to do it quickly and its also soooo hard to catalogue/ find anything??? Sigh.

the way I do it is to right-click on the pic, then click on "view image info", then copy the link that is shown in relation to that pic, then paste that into photobucket by using the "upload by url" function. your computer/flickr may be slightly diff't but it should be similar enough ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Muffinmom » Fri May 31, 2013 11:18 am

kelbel75 wrote:

the way I do it is to right-click on the pic, then click on "view image info", then copy the link that is shown in relation to that pic, then paste that into photobucket by using the "upload by url" function. your computer/flickr may be slightly diff't but it should be similar enough ;)

WOW - talk about embarrasing, I never noticed that option (then again I rarely hang out in PB). I can do this!

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:12 pm

ok, please explain what hotlinking is because I may be doing it. I right click on a pic in google or wherever i find it. i go to properites and then copy the URL. Is that hotlinking? IF so...i'm sorry.

And this is for BathingNath

Here's my Challenge contribution...

PS these pics were done from my PB account.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:16 pm

kelbel75 wrote:

I did not know this.....thanks!!! this place is so fun AND educational!!!!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:32 am

amynkansas wrote:ok, please explain what hotlinking is because I may be doing it. I right click on a pic in google or wherever i find it. i go to properites and then copy the URL. Is that hotlinking? IF so...i'm sorry.

Yes, that is what hotlinking is. And I'm sorry, too. But I'm not going to stop and I don't care what you have to say about it, Gisborne!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:06 am

Well if JODES is gonna do it............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, when are we starting this Challenge? (yeah, I suck and did no workouts this weekend)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats