Go to footer

As if you could outrun me

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: As if you could outrun me

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:44 am

Kansas, how did the bday go? Was there aerobic serenity :D

Went for a walk Saturday, did a massive amount of housework on Sunday including some gardening and a lot of "back and forth". I know it's not exactly a formal workout, but I was feeling it by about 4pm.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:45 am

WEEK 2 STARTS TODAY!! How are we doing? Raring to go? How was everyone’s weekend?

Amy- sorry you had to work thru the weekend, hope Sunday you were able to relax a bit (and enjoy your DH’s bday)
Jodie – how is your garden?
Abs – yeay for walking! And if you’ve been moving all day doing housework, that kinda counts in my book (at least as a non-cardio workout, right?)
Kel- how’s it going? Keeping up with the walking/treadmill/weights?

Moi – I’m pretty happy with last week’s workouts – I had 4 cardio, 1 yoga and 1 rock climbing.
Who knew your fingers got a workout also from climbing? It was scary as heck, a bit exhilarating, but very cool. I climbed one “route” and half the second one and did some scary-ass moves in order to climb up. I have no clue how my brother went up there with NO rope to hook up the anchor, who knew we had a spider monkey in the family? Image

What’s everyone’s workout plans for this week? I’m doing yoga tonight b/c I can feel – really feel- the need to stretch after that climb yesterday. Rest of the week I’ll go for my cardio except for one lunchtime yoga later this week (probably Wednesday).
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:38 am

Muffinmom wrote:[b]Jodie – how is your garden?

Awful! I haven't been in it for a few days due to errands and weather. But it's nice and watered now, so hopefully it'll be easy enough to dig in. The first section I cleared a couple weeks ago is already getting overrun with weeds all over again, so I'm going to have to just go buy some mulch and mulch that bit down so I can concentrate on the other sections.

My lupins are in full bloom now, though. This is a photo from last year, but they still look like this:

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 6273_n.jpg
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:32 am

J - I hear ya on the weeds, I'm in desperate need of weeding and have no idea WHEN i'll get to it.
Your lupins are gorgeous!! Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:25 am

Working from home today.

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:28 am

Muffinmom wrote:Working from home today.

If that's what you call working, I want your job!! :D
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:13 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:If that's what you call working, I want your job!! :D

I wish!! That was just eye candy to get my day started...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:14 pm

posted this in the other thread, but am repeating it here too: I've created a second facebook account for my on-line activities/friends, b/c you're all more fun than my RL contacts :D and my mom complained that I "like" too many RA things, even tho I've shown her how to turn off the "likes" more than once :roll: so I went thru and friended a few of you on the new page, but I'm getting frustrated w/finding my way around the new design they're making me use :x so I'm quitting for today :| I'm now Kelbel Seventy-five ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:13 pm

Somebody please remind me how this working out and exercising shit gets better, and how eventually I'm gonna look awesome in a bikini and how I'll feel amazing and look great and blah blah blah.......cuz all I feel right now is the inability to lift my arms. :cry:

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:59 am

This is me this morning

Silver Lining: I can lift my arms!!! YAAAAAAAAYYY :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 am

ABS!! You need a hug!! Image
I’m hoping your question was rhetorical, right? RIGHT? Cuz I know YOU know 3x/wk of ½ hr cardio is not going to give you a bikini body… I’m guessing you’re just feeling a lazies attack? What motivates me is seeing how my mom struggles to move, and NOT wanting to end up like her. Even if I still carry these extra pounds for the next 50 yrs, I want to stay flexible and strong (though I’d prefer to get rid of them, ya know!)

The GOOD – I went for a ½ hr walk outside yesterday after work since it was a lovely day
The BAD – since I was home and having trouble concentrating I ended up eating loads of junk….
The STILL BAD – I caved and had one of the free bagels we get on Wednesdays for Breakfast
The HOPEFUL – I’m talking with my friend about doing a 30 day challenge between us to limit our sugar/carb, increase greens, water & exercise (but I refuse to start anything until after this weekend!!)

Needless to say, the garden didn’t even see my shadow Image

How’s everyone? I know I’m waiting impatiently for better Dior pics, the ones I saw on the net are too fuzzy for me to properly enjoy.
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:23 am

Muffinmom wrote:ABS!! You need a hug!! Image
I’m hoping your question was rhetorical, right? RIGHT? Cuz I know YOU know 3x/wk of ½ hr cardio is not going to give you a bikini body… I’m guessing you’re just feeling a lazies attack?

Nah girl, my arms were suffering yesterday cuz of an intensive weight training session last night. Cardio had nothing to do with it. (neither did laziness. But sarcasm on the other hand...............) :evil:

PS - I'm feeling better today. But in a "had an intense workout last night and am feeling it this morning - in a good way" kind of way.
(this ↓ is the body I want in 28 days - or sooner :D )
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:10 am

I survived yet another training session - she's clearly earning her $ with having me do stuff I'd never do in a million years on my own. Good stuff, but AAACK!! My arms and legs are feeling it, that's for sure!!

Will try and stop by tomorrow but I've got the day off from work so might not open the 'puter... we'll see...

Abs, Glad you're feeling your workout in a 'good' way, and I don't blame you for wanting that body in 28 days... will this pic help to tide you over?

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:25 am

for some unknown reason I thought it would be a good idea to mow the back yard, with a push lawn-mower, yesterday in the 94 degree humidity :shock: I dunked my head in the swimming pool three times, then took a 20 minute cold shower afterwards where I almost threw up :? I've suffered from heat-exhaustion my whole adult life, why do I continually try to conquer it? *shakes head at self*

btw muffin, your rock climbing pics remind me of the time that I tried it :D I got about as high as you did in your pics, then I got stuck because I had to use my upper body strength to pull myself up to the next foothold; I have no upper body strength, it's all in my legs ;) then they told me just to fall and let the ropes lower me down, that was the hardest part, letting go!
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:44 am

Soooooooo......how is everyone?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:55 am

WEEK 3 STARTS TODAY!!

ME last week – 2 yoga, 3 cardio + strength training.

This week’s targets: Tonight – hope to find time for yoga or bike; Tues walk, Wed Bike before work, Thurs training, Fri Yoga, Sat & Sunday bike? I figure I’ll end up skipping one of these days so I’m planning for all of them so I can get to the 5 target days.

TODAY - Had to get Muffin ready for school this AM, since Muffindad went to a free workshop in NYC. Was unable to get up early and get my workout done due to insomnia and have a lunch meeting today so no time then either. Will attempt to sneak in something tonight.
Crazy day at work. And still dealing with lots of unresolved bleahs from my birthday. Meh.

ABS, KEL & JODES – What did you do last week and/ or plan for this week?
KEL you better not plan any more mowing this week (or summer!) ;)

I desperately need beauty this AM...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:00 am

Muffinmom wrote:ABS, KEL & JODES – What did you do last week and/ or plan for this week?
KEL you better not plan any more mowing this week (or summer!) ;)

I weeded and mulched one section of the garden and owwiiiieeeeee my legs are so stiff and hurty now. Mulch is heavy, yo. I've got another small section to weed and mulch and then the hard work begins. :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:18 pm

cardio, strength training and pilates oh my!

This week, not sure yet. Going for a walk tonight. Nice weather FINALLY.
Tomorrow = Pilates.
Wednesday = weights
Thursday probably another walk/jog
Friday I'm going to see Cats so other than some clapping I probably won't do schnit.
(but I might be doing this on Tuesday :D
Image)
Saturday we are driving down to Buffalo to go shopping - which means a couple hours of very hard core walking (probs about 7 hours or so)
Sunday I'll have to see how I"m feeling.

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:42 pm

aww, Richard Armitage was in CATS once upon a time :D I'm too lazy to link a pic tho ;) :P

a few days ago I vacuumed the swimming pool, from the outside :shock: which really stretched my back muscles, so I was sore for a day or two; but it hurt so good 8-) aunt flo has been visiting for a couple of days, so I've been eating lots of chocolate :oops: I want to focus on the treadmill this week, and maybe use the weight-bench some.
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:48 pm

this is (was) a real thing?!

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:09 am

Working from home today. Good thing DH is here today so that I can’t be tempted to eat junk cuz I can have him be my AP. Planning on going for a walk after I'm done with work.

Abs – good plans! Enjoy CATS!! Have you ever seen it before? And yes I’d agree that all that walking while shopping counts!!

Kel – what? RA in Cats? I can’t even imagine which character he played. Ok I googled it – JIKES he played Macavity!!?!! Wowza!

Amy – Love it! Cracked me up how the had Jake pic on the GREEN bottle. Can’t tell who’s on the blue bottle?
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 am

Happy Birthday, Handsome!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:07 am

Muffinmom wrote:Can’t tell who’s on the blue bottle?

Emmett/lutz
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:57 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Can’t tell who’s on the blue bottle?

Emmett/lutz

I kinda figured that BUT the pic barely barely looks like him, right?

On a different note - Dh posted a pic of me doing some gardening with Muffin. Talk about motivation - I look like her grandma!Image

ALSO - has anyone ever looked at the garcinia cambogia supplement? I'm usually not one for magic pills, I prefer to loose the wt the hard way BUT this sounded too tempting...even Dr Oz recommends it! I ordered myself a bottle, we'll see how it goes... Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Cats was good
Superman was alright
World War Z was really good
Walking for 9 hours was great, but tiring.

Today - house chores. Yay. :( (not good. me no likey)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat