Go to footer

Take Me Back

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Take Me Back

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:00 pm

amynkansas wrote:So I have a month to lose some weight... (yesterday I ate 2 samll bags of sour gummy worms and a bowl of shredded wheat and a diet ginger ale and lost 2 pounds from the day before. I think this will be the new diet craze to sweep the country.

:lol: :lol: I cannot bear sour sweets. Ew! Mind you my lunch today was weetabix so I cannot mock your choice of sustenance as mine was just as random. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:22 pm

guitargirl wrote:Hi all!

Wow. Busy weekend was busy. It included a BBQ (and drinking) a birthday party (more drinking) Fathers Day, buying a 5th guitar (bass)for the GG household, full cooked breakfast duties for my BIL who was babysitting, and to top it off Guitarboy did his Duke of Edinburgh trial hiking and camping (jeez his rucksack weighed a tonne.) If he keeps it up it looks like I'll be going to the Palace in a few years! :D :D I hope they allow jeans :?

How is everyone?

What's all this now?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:33 pm

JodieO wrote:

Wow. Busy weekend was busy. It included a BBQ (and drinking) a birthday party (more drinking) Fathers Day, buying a 5th guitar (bass)for the GG household, full cooked breakfast duties for my BIL who was babysitting, and to top it off Guitarboy did his Duke of Edinburgh trial hiking and camping (jeez his rucksack weighed a tonne.) If he keeps it up it looks like I'll be going to the Palace in a few years! :D :D I hope they allow jeans :?

How is everyone?

What's all this now?

Hee! Over here some children get the chance to take part in the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme. There is bronze, silver and gold and they have to do an allocated amount of voluntary work, take up a sport and show improvement over quite a long period of time, take up a skill and show improvement, and go on team building exercises like hiking and camping. They are rigorously assessed and can fail for a number of reasons. To be honest, his weekend was absolutely gruelling, and I'm so proud he came out of it with a smile on his face. Quite a few of the kids looked like they were going to burst into tears after walking for 8 and a half hours with full tent and kit on their backs for a couple of days. My friends daughter passed her Gold and had to help build a school in Malawi, and she climbed Kilimanjaro. Its not for the fainthearted. If you pass, you go to Buckingham Palace to collect your award from the Duke himself and you can take a parent. :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:39 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

How is everyone?

What's all this now?

Hee! Over here some children get the chance to take part in the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme. There is bronze, silver and gold and they have to do an allocated amount of voluntary work, take up a sport and show improvement over quite a long period of time, take up a skill and show improvement, and go on team building exercises like hiking and camping. They are rigorously assessed and can fail for a number of reasons. To be honest, his weekend was absolutely gruelling, and I'm so proud he came out of it with a smile on his face. Quite a few of the kids looked like they were going to burst into tears after walking for 8 and a half hours with full tent and kit on their backs for a couple of days. My friends daughter passed her Gold and had to help build a school in Malawi, and she climbed Kilimanjaro. Its not for the fainthearted. If you pass, you go to Buckingham Palace to collect your award from the Duke himself and you can take a parent. :D :D :D

Wow! That sounds like a lot of work! And an amazing undertaking.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Alexandra wrote:[
JodieO wrote:

How is everyone?

What's all this now?

Wow! That sounds like a lot of work! And an amazing undertaking. [/quote]

Its great. It gives young people a chance to get fit, learn new skills, and contribute to the community. Its great to put on job applications too (it sure beats playing on computer games.) :D Your kids would love it Alex.

Here's the link http://www.dofe.org/
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:57 pm

guitargirl wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Hee! Over here some children get the chance to take part in the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme. There is bronze, silver and gold and they have to do an allocated amount of voluntary work, take up a sport and show improvement over quite a long period of time, take up a skill and show improvement, and go on team building exercises like hiking and camping. They are rigorously assessed and can fail for a number of reasons. To be honest, his weekend was absolutely gruelling, and I'm so proud he came out of it with a smile on his face. Quite a few of the kids looked like they were going to burst into tears after walking for 8 and a half hours with full tent and kit on their backs for a couple of days. My friends daughter passed her Gold and had to help build a school in Malawi, and she climbed Kilimanjaro. Its not for the fainthearted. If you pass, you go to Buckingham Palace to collect your award from the Duke himself and you can take a parent. :D :D :D

Wow! That sounds like a lot of work! And an amazing undertaking.

Its great. It gives young people a chance to get fit, learn new skills, and contribute to the community. Its great to put on job applications too (it sure beats playing on computer games.) :D Your kids would love it Alex.

Here's the link http://www.dofe.org/[/quote]

My girls would definitely love the community service aspect of it, but I think the complaining, while carrying their gear all day for a couple of days, might be deafening. :lol: :lol: :lol: I am going to show them this website. I think it is awesome! I can't wait to see pictures of you and GuitarBoy with the Queen! ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:03 pm

[quote="Alexandra"

My girls would definitely love the community service aspect of it, but I think the complaining, while carrying their gear all day for a couple of days, might be deafening. :lol: :lol: :lol: I am going to show them this website. I think it is awesome! I can't wait to see pictures of you and GuitarBoy with the Queen! ;) [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Do you think Queen Liz would enjoy a brandy? :lol: :lol: :lol: There were originally 2 girls and 5 boys in the group but one girl had to go home as it was just too physical for her. The girl that was left was an absolute star and the lads looked after her. The only thing she complained about was the lack of a loo along the way as it must have been intimidating the have to squat and pee in the bushes when the boys were close by. :shock:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Do we like kissing Ron pic?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:08 pm

i like this one. Image
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:31 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

How is everyone?

What's all this now?

Holy flurking shnit!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Alexandra wrote:I just looked at the calendar on my desk and realized that one year ago today, I was meeting up with GG, Elsie and Diamond for brandy and dinner. *sob*

Oh really :o that has gone by so fast!
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:39 pm

guitargirl wrote:Do we like kissing Ron pic?

yes, we do.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:14 pm

yes, I kiss mine every night before bed.
Er, um.... I mean yes. :oops:
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:45 pm

I like the most recent Rob Dior pics :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Gianna » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:53 pm

guitargirl wrote:Hee! Over here some children get the chance to take part in the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme. There is bronze, silver and gold and they have to do an allocated amount of voluntary work, take up a sport and show improvement over quite a long period of time, take up a skill and show improvement, and go on team building exercises like hiking and camping. They are rigorously assessed and can fail for a number of reasons. To be honest, his weekend was absolutely gruelling, and I'm so proud he came out of it with a smile on his face. Quite a few of the kids looked like they were going to burst into tears after walking for 8 and a half hours with full tent and kit on their backs for a couple of days. My friends daughter passed her Gold and had to help build a school in Malawi, and she climbed Kilimanjaro. Its not for the fainthearted. If you pass, you go to Buckingham Palace to collect your award from the Duke himself and you can take a parent. :D :D :D

Wow - that sounds awesome, GG! I am super impressed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Yes. Yes we do.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:

yes, I kiss mine every night before bed.
Er, um.... I mean yes. :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Kay Kay » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:24 pm

Yes. Quite a bit actually. His face looks beautiful. His hand, however, looks like a foot. :?
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:25 pm

guitargirl wrote:i like this one. Image

YES. This is what I was expecting! Can't wait to see how they look in print!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Elsie_Tanner wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I just looked at the calendar on my desk and realized that one year ago today, I was meeting up with GG, Elsie and Diamond for brandy and dinner. *sob*

Oh really :o that has gone by so fast!

Holy crap! I would have said that was a few months ago! :o
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:31 pm

kelbel75 wrote:my 13 yr. old son was being bitchy today at church (b/c he secretly tried to bring his i-pod & we took it away), not smiling at all, ignoring people when they talked to him, etc. :roll: so 8 yr. old daughter says "quit acting like Kristen Stewart!" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr KK and I watched Warm Bodies yesterday (By Summit) and one of the previews was for BD2 that showed some filming of scenes and Stew talking about Bella. Mr. KK just up and says "Kristen Stewart isn't very smart, is she? She talks like she is isn't very smart." :lol: :lol: :lol: Mr. KK is a hater. I should report him to the HBG. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Gianna wrote:Jodie, when I first read your post I thought it said, "Good morning Chunkies!" And I was thinking, "OMG it's like she knows!!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just finished my other book, so I am ready to start the first HP book. I just need to get it loaded onto my Kindle.

Went to see Man of Steel this weekend. The movie was ok (way toooooo muuuuuch of the fighting/action. Essentially the last 45min that's all it is...even Mr G checked his watch). But - - - Henry Cavill is delicious. Like, beyond yummy.

I agree that the second half was tedious. Like, REALLY tedious. I feel like the movie had so many wasted opportunities. But Henry's face. HIS. FACE. He is too beautiful I couldn't even handle it. Will own this movie for...reasons.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:48 pm

So I had an interesting weekend. I went to a family graduation for my side of the family that I haven't seen in over a year. They are sooooo white trash. I shared a bit on twitter so I wont double post. But a couple highlights: 1) My 60 year old aunt had on ripped shorts and no underwear. I saw everything. EVERYTHING. 2) My grandmother had 2 cocktails and was OUT. She looked dead but my uncle made her toast the graduate anyway and there were a lot of "weekend at Bernies" whispers going on. 8-)

Yesterday, Mr. KK and I had his -1st Father's Day which involved buying me clothes with elastic in them and cooking me dinner while I took a nap. Yeeeeaaaah. :D :D :D

And where the HELL is BB??? These Dior ads should be like a second Birthday to her. Anyone talked to her recently??
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:13 pm

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Kay Kay wrote:

Yes. Quite a bit actually. His face looks beautiful. His hand, however, looks like a foot. :?

OMG!!! You are SO right!!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats