Go to footer

Bu-ut oh! Oh, Those Summer Nights

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Bu-ut oh! Oh, Those Summer Nights

Postby Gianna » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Alexandra wrote:Yeah. I would not send a vegetarian to eat in Primanti's. It sounds like you went up to Mt. Washington. There are beautiful views there. And of course your salad had fries in it. ;) I'm betting it was a steak salad. In Pittsburgh all steak salads (and a bunch of other types of salad) come with fries in them. (Mr. A almost had a cow the first time he was served one of those.)

ImageThis one is chicken, but you get the idea. "Pittsburgh-style food' :lol:

The game should be fun in a suite! The Pirates are good this year! :shock:

Yes - I think you are right with Mt Washington. Great views for sure! And I believe it WAS a steak salad...I was sort of confused when it arrived until one of our Pittsburgh hosts filled me in on what the heck was going on with it!

We are staying somewhere downtown but can't put my finger on the name of our hotel. I think weather is supposed to be good while I'm there. Yay!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Jodie - I haven't checked twitter in the last few hours. You've been quiet on here. Have you murdered anyone yet?
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Alexandra wrote:Jodie - I haven't checked twitter in the last few hours. You've been quiet on here. Have you murdered anyone yet?

No, they all went home and left me to stew in my fury.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:18 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Jodie - I haven't checked twitter in the last few hours. You've been quiet on here. Have you murdered anyone yet?

How very wise of them. ;)
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

How very wise of them. ;)

You have no idea.

This morning at the height of my rage Cousin sensed my mood and decided the best course of action was to speak in an extra cheerful voice.

That was the wrong choice.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Just when I thought I couldn't love Helena any more.

And for no reason:

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm just leaving these here for tomorrow because REASONS.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:19 pm

I can be anything you want me to be. Except tall.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:40 am

Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I just googled the exact address of my favorite italian restaurant in Pittsburgh so I could recommend it to Gia, only to find out that they closed down this past February. :( :cry: :x I hadn't been there in a few years, but they'd been in the same location for over 63 years and had the best fried zucchini appetizer that I've ever eaten. Now I am sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Boo!!! I have dinner plans on Tues and Wed but not Monday. Guessing I will just collapse in my room and order room service. :roll: I am trying to avoid hanging out with the hag I am traveling with, and this is the best way I know to do that.

I WISH THERE WERE FLATMATES IN PITTSBURGH.

Isn't LC in Pittsburgh?
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:45 am

Just saw this today. Woooah. I don't know if it's a Dior, and oldie, or a new-ie. But I don't care. At all.

Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:00 am

So I had a dream about a zombie apocalypse. It was all very The Walking Dead in that we were a rag tag group of survivors trying to get out of a zombie filled city. I actually think we were trying to get out of a zombie filled carnival- to make this a nightmare scenario. I remember at one point, we were holed up in an old house and Sally Field was tired of running (I guess we'd been in this Carnival of Mayhem for a while now) and bewitched the zombies to be able to talk and control their movements. She made them say that they WERE zombies but had been cured and oh thank God we took them in. But they weren't, they were totally Inferi (Gia, you would know what that is if you read HP) and as soon as Sally stopped controlling them, they went back to being zombies which was AWFUL because if they even scratched you a little, you got the virus and it was over.
Large gap in memory but same dream, I was holed up with none other than Jericho Barrons and my personality turned very Mac-like. He was trying to help me get out of SF to the South Bay but all the interstates were rushing rivers (more like GIANT waterslides). Against his advice, I left the Art showing (life must go on after a zombie apocalypse I suppose) in a canoe and was going to brave the rivers. I was wearing a GIANT head to tow spandex onesie (sexy) and then I stuffed it to give me fake man muscles so I'd look like a guy and be less likely to get stopped/harassed/raped. I even shoved a cucumber in my onesie because I wanted to make potential rapist insecure, I guess. :roll: :roll: Who the hell knows. Needless to say Barons found me and laughed at me because I looked like a fucking idiot. End of dream.

I'd much rather be caught in just about any other embarrassing scenario than in a spandex onesie packing a cucumber by a gorgeous man. Agree/disagree?

Don't mind me! Just trying to be inconspicuous! Image
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:13 am

Kay Kay wrote:
Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I just googled the exact address of my favorite italian restaurant in Pittsburgh so I could recommend it to Gia, only to find out that they closed down this past February. :( :cry: :x I hadn't been there in a few years, but they'd been in the same location for over 63 years and had the best fried zucchini appetizer that I've ever eaten. Now I am sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Boo!!! I have dinner plans on Tues and Wed but not Monday. Guessing I will just collapse in my room and order room service. :roll: I am trying to avoid hanging out with the hag I am traveling with, and this is the best way I know to do that.

I WISH THERE WERE FLATMATES IN PITTSBURGH.

Isn't LC in Pittsburgh?

I think she is in Philly.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:14 am

Kay Kay wrote:Just saw this today. Woooah. I don't know if it's a Dior, and oldie, or a new-ie. But I don't care. At all.

Um...whoa.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:16 am

Kay Kay wrote:So I had a dream about a zombie apocalypse. It was all very The Walking Dead in that we were a rag tag group of survivors trying to get out of a zombie filled city. I actually think we were trying to get out of a zombie filled carnival- to make this a nightmare scenario. I remember at one point, we were holed up in an old house and Sally Field was tired of running (I guess we'd been in this Carnival of Mayhem for a while now) and bewitched the zombies to be able to talk and control their movements. She made them say that they WERE zombies but had been cured and oh thank God we took them in. But they weren't, they were totally Inferi (Gia, you would know what that is if you read HP) and as soon as Sally stopped controlling them, they went back to being zombies which was AWFUL because if they even scratched you a little, you got the virus and it was over.
Large gap in memory but same dream, I was holed up with none other than Jericho Barrons and my personality turned very Mac-like. He was trying to help me get out of SF to the South Bay but all the interstates were rushing rivers (more like GIANT waterslides). Against his advice, I left the Art showing (life must go on after a zombie apocalypse I suppose) in a canoe and was going to brave the rivers. I was wearing a GIANT head to tow spandex onesie (sexy) and then I stuffed it to give me fake man muscles so I'd look like a guy and be less likely to get stopped/harassed/raped. I even shoved a cucumber in my onesie because I wanted to make potential rapist insecure, I guess. :roll: :roll: Who the hell knows. Needless to say Barons found me and laughed at me because I looked like a fucking idiot. End of dream.

I'd much rather be caught in just about any other embarrassing scenario than in a spandex onesie packing a cucumber by a gorgeous man. Agree/disagree?

All I can say is: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:42 am

Kay Kay wrote:So I had a dream about a zombie apocalypse. It was all very The Walking Dead in that we were a rag tag group of survivors trying to get out of a zombie filled city. I actually think we were trying to get out of a zombie filled carnival- to make this a nightmare scenario. I remember at one point, we were holed up in an old house and Sally Field was tired of running (I guess we'd been in this Carnival of Mayhem for a while now) and bewitched the zombies to be able to talk and control their movements. She made them say that they WERE zombies but had been cured and oh thank God we took them in. But they weren't, they were totally Inferi (Gia, you would know what that is if you read HP) and as soon as Sally stopped controlling them, they went back to being zombies which was AWFUL because if they even scratched you a little, you got the virus and it was over.

You are the most hilarious thing ever.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:15 am

ILY

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to hang out with you and Barrons, but even dream-me wouldn't wear that spandex onesie thing. ;)
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:38 am

Alexandra wrote:
ILY

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to hang out with you and Barrons, but even dream-me wouldn't wear that spandex onesie thing. ;)

No one needs to see even dream-me in a get-up like that!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:40 am

I am trying to get out of the office early today since I am out most of the week next week. At this point, it is looking as though it actually may happen. Woohoo! My boss is working from home and my Office Boyfriend is out in business, so I am here alone and am getting SO MUCH DONE. I assume they are kind are a little like having kids...when they are napping, you are way more productive.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:41 am

Hey! The Dior and Cannes Rob pics actually gave me a little flutter...my mojo isn't totally dead! :lol:

So, I've been bouncing around on Nikki's shots especially in the morning as it seems like her pancreas is finally trying to help us out a bit. Yesterday morning I gave her a reduced dose, so she was in the 200's last night before bed. I gave her a full dose last night but figured she was high enough I wouldn't have to get up during the night to test. Woke up this morning and her blood sugar was 36! :o :shock: :o If I'd been awake enough I would have fallen over. :lol: Normal cats are usually somewhere between 40 and 60. :shock:

Needless to say she's getting a reduction in dose. :? Thankfully she seemed normal and I obviously didn't give her insulin this morning....

That's my exciting life! :lol:
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:42 am

Gianna wrote:I am trying to get out of the office early today since I am out most of the week next week. At this point, it is looking as though it actually may happen. Woohoo! My boss is working from home and my Office Boyfriend is out in business, so I am here alone and am getting SO MUCH DONE. I assume they are kind are a little like having kids...when they are napping, you are way more productive.

I think your job needs to open an office in the Bangor, ME area.

Please let me know where to send my resume. ;)

And bring me one of those french fry salads.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:43 am

dancing_echoes wrote:Hey! The Dior and Cannes Rob pics actually gave me a little flutter...my mojo isn't totally dead! :lol:

So, I've been bouncing around on Nikki's shots especially in the morning as it seems like her pancreas is finally trying to help us out a bit. Yesterday morning I gave her a reduced dose, so she was in the 200's last night before bed. I gave her a full dose last night but figured she was high enough I wouldn't have to get up during the night to test. Woke up this morning and her blood sugar was 36! :o :shock: :o If I'd been awake enough I would have fallen over. :lol: Normal cats are usually somewhere between 40 and 60. :shock:

Needless to say she's getting a reduction in dose. :? Thankfully she seemed normal and I obviously didn't give her insulin this morning....

YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:48 am

dancing_echoes wrote:Hey! The Dior and Cannes Rob pics actually gave me a little flutter...my mojo isn't totally dead! :lol:

Yay! That's great news about Nikki. You are such a good mom. :D In other news, my cat woke me up this morning at 4AM for no apparent reason. Want a third kitty?
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:50 am

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:I am trying to get out of the office early today since I am out most of the week next week. At this point, it is looking as though it actually may happen. Woohoo! My boss is working from home and my Office Boyfriend is out in business, so I am here alone and am getting SO MUCH DONE. I assume they are kind are a little like having kids...when they are napping, you are way more productive.

I love this idea! Except for the salad...that was kind of icky.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:09 am

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I love this idea! Except for the salad...that was kind of icky.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: This makes me sad. I can understand that the french fries were unexpected, but . . . . The first time I ordered a steak salad away from Pittsburgh, I felt cheated. Cheated, I tell ya. I want a salad, but I still want some fries, too. ;) ;)

(My mother shares your opinion. She does not want fries and slaw on her sandwiches and she does not want fries in her salads. She's weird. )
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:12 am

Alexandra wrote:
Gianna wrote:I love this idea! Except for the salad...that was kind of icky.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: This makes me sad. I can understand that the french fries were unexpected, but . . . . The first time I ordered a steak salad away from Pittsburgh, I felt cheated. Cheated, I tell ya. I want a salad, but I still want some fries, too. ;) ;)

(My mother shares your opinion. She does not want fries and slaw on her sandwiches and she does not want fries in her salads. She's weird. )

I'd eat salads more often if they came with fries and gravy.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats