Go to footer

As if you could outrun me

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: As if you could outrun me

Postby amynkansas » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:21 pm

Muffinmom wrote:

I approve!! Your taste in pictures is fabulous!
LMK if you have *any* questions on using the app!! I downloaded the 'Tyler' Australian voice for when I want to hear text read with a male voice. Swoony![/quote]

I have the voice that came with it but when I go to shop for them they let me play a sample but they are all "unavailable".
I think I figured out the part where I can get FF from the web into the app. I am currently reading "creature of habit" i think this is an old one but new to me.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:57 am

I signed up for a free trial of a Yoga class tonight. I hope it doesn't suck. If it's cool I'll sign up for the whole session - 10 weeks.

A new session of Pilates has started and there is some newbies in it so it's not kicking my ass as much anymore (read: the instructor is busy helping the newbies find the right positions and when she's not looking my lazy ass doesn't put in at the advanced level but rather shirks down to the intermediate and coasts)

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Amy – how cool!! Creature of Habit is a fab story, enjoy! I've usually flagfic stories into dropbox as epubs so I can upload them into VoiceDream.
Weird that you’re having trouble downloading voices. At least the default voice is pretty good, and COH is mostly in Bella’s POV anyway if I recall correctly.

Abs – hope the yoga class works out for you. As for that dyin fat man pose… that’s just called Savasena. Google it. My fave pose!! Image

Moi – shoulda gone to Trader Joes for lunch but got distracted by the internetz… will have to do a quick stop tonight instead. Which means I left my workout clothes at home for no good reason. Image
At least I'm almost there with my million steps challenge for work - I'm about 20k steps away Image

I take it we'll be keeping this board open rather than open up a new challenge? Image
Anyone up for doing a "2 cups of greens a day" challenge with me?
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Muffinmom wrote:I take it we'll be keeping this board open rather than open up a new challenge? Image

Do lima beans count as greens?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:10 pm

JodieO wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:I take it we'll be keeping this board open rather than open up a new challenge? Image

Do lima beans count as greens?

I shoulda probably clarified - green VEGETABLES - if lima beans are veggies to you, then, sure!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Abs – hope the yoga class works out for you. As for that dyin fat man pose… that’s just called Savasena. Google it. My fave pose!! Image

It was good. But it wasn't good enough to convince me if I should commit to the full session (10 weeks).
Meh, I probably will.
Maybe not.
I dunno.
Whatevs.

Muffinmom wrote:Anyone up for doing a "2 cups of greens a day" challenge with me?

I want to eat more veggies so yes, I'd be up for that. But I suspect it will take me a lot to finally accomplish it.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:07 am

Its so… GREEN!
Yep, starting my daily 2 cups of greens challenge today. Had my spinach mini-muffin, got my kale chip snack ready, and planning a salad for dinner. Image

Will continue my 5xweek exercise target and also attempt to go super low carb today, we’ll see how it goes… img]http://forums.hippymom.com/images/smilies/crack.gif[/img]

I *really* need to get myself to loose a bit of weight and recalibrate my eating discipline before my Brazil trip in a few weeks...

Watcha doing to get healthy? Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:08 am

BTW, who was it that made the Gorgeous Travelin' Rob that I used to have? I'd make myself a new one but I dont' have a copy of the graphic... HELP!!! Image

I think Travelin' Rob might have an itch to go visit Sao Paulo soon... Image

ABS - did you sign up for yoga or are you going to do something else? Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:20 am

AAAAAANd because we all need a smile on Monday...

And a favorite Muffin picture...

What's YOUR favorite smile pic?
*heck SOMEONE had to spam pics in this thread!!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Muffinmom wrote:BTW, who was it that made the Gorgeous Travelin' Rob that I used to have? I'd make myself a new one but I dont' have a copy of the graphic... HELP!!! Image

I believe that was me. do I have your email address?
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:41 pm

amynkansas wrote: I believe that was me. do I have your email address?

Not sure but that's easily remedied via a PM which I'll be sending now. THANKS!!! Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:17 am

Seeing the acupuncturist tonight, haven't seen one in years... hope she helps with my insomnia & digestion issues. Image

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:49 pm

Muffinmom wrote:BTW, who was it that made the Gorgeous Travelin' Rob that I used to have? I'd make myself a new one but I dont' have a copy of the graphic... HELP!!! Image

ABS - did you sign up for yoga or are you going to do something else? Image

Whatever DID happen to Travellin Rob? Muffin, did I send him to you? I can't recall who got him after me - it was the Cosmopolis red carpet TR (not Pinata Rob - whom I also had for a spell, but he was the previous incarnation)

Yes, I am doing yoga. I've had two classes so far.
I'm also still doing Pilates.

And so far I've had two cups of veg every day this week. (ps - it's only Tuesday :D)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:37 am

Travelin’ Rob? Well…… Image

I guess its my fault he’s been away so long…. I sent him to New Zealand to tour around, and never heard from him again. Lost among the Kiwis… oh you poor TR!!! Image

But thanks to Amy he shall be resurrected.. Bwahahaha!!! Image

Abs- glad to hear you're doing yoga! Image

About Moi...
GOOD - I've been able to keep up with my 2 cups of greens challenge. Also went to see the accupuncturist yesterday to help with insomnia. I can feel the difference but clearly need more visits...
BAD - haven't been able to workout all week because of stupid lunch meetings and horrible commutes. Sigh. Includes today. Image

See you later, gotta run!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:12 pm

New Zealand??!! Well, I'd best go find him them (if you're paying attention you'll recall that that is one of my favoritest places on Earth)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:00 am

My two cups of veg a day plan went to shit from Thursday right through Sunday.
Gonna have to try again this week.

I'm contemplating taking a crochet class this autumn to learn how to do amigurumi
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:34 am

Abs - those look knitted, not crocheted. I would never have the patience to make them!! Although I'm in the middle of figuring out what knitting project I can bring with me to Brazill, I expect to have a lot of long car rides so might as well knit, right?

I've been doing pretty good with the 2 cuppas. Loving my kale chips!!
My exercising, however, has been a bust, just from being so busy and tired. Bleah. New week, new chance to get in my 5x a week!!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:38 am

Hence for my need to take a class!

My exercising has been spot on this week - and that reminds me; I had my annual doctor's check up this week and I've dropped 10lbs! yay me.

better?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:45 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Hence for my need to take a class!

My exercising has been spot on this week - and that reminds me; I had my annual doctor's check up this week and I've dropped 10lbs! yay me.

better?

EEWWW! Mushrooms are still gross even in crocheted form! Come on over, I'll teach you how to crochet! Though I will warn you crochet is harder to learn, but once you learn it's easier to do. So if you don't 'get it' right away don't be discouraged. It took me months of making chains and doing single crochets until all of the sudden I was like "OOOOHHHHH!!! This makes sense!!" and then within a week I'd busted through an entire book of stitches.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:59 pm

JodieO wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:Hence for my need to take a class!

better?

EEWWW! Mushrooms are still gross even in crocheted form! Come on over, I'll teach you how to crochet! Though I will warn you crochet is harder to learn, but once you learn it's easier to do. So if you don't 'get it' right away don't be discouraged. It took me months of making chains and doing single crochets until all of the sudden I was like "OOOOHHHHH!!! This makes sense!!" and then within a week I'd busted through an entire book of stitches.

Sure, I'll be there by thanksgiving!

Srsly, do you think it's worth while paying to take a class, or should I just self-teach off YouTube? (i wanted to do the class to meet ppl, but I just spent an entire paycheque on vet bills so.......)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:03 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:Sure, I'll be there by thanksgiving!

Srsly, do you think it's worth while paying to take a class, or should I just self-teach off YouTube? (i wanted to do the class to meet ppl, but I just spent an entire paycheque on vet bills so.......)

If you really really can't afford the class, but you still want to learn, then youtube and help from friends should work. I can recommend lots of awesome books that will help. If you would rather take the class it might be easier to pick up and you can learn from other people. Are you taking a class at a yarn shop or an adult ed type of place? Around here the adult ed classes tend to be way cheaper.

Whichever way you choose you should pick up this book: http://www.amazon.com/Koolers-Encyclope ... 1574862820 of all the crochet books I've owned this is the one that has been the most helpful while learning and then later when I was doing my own thing.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:25 pm

JodieO wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:Sure, I'll be there by thanksgiving!

If you really really can't afford the class, but you still want to learn, then youtube and help from friends should work. I can recommend lots of awesome books that will help. If you would rather take the class it might be easier to pick up and you can learn from other people. Are you taking a class at a yarn shop or an adult ed type of place? Around here the adult ed classes tend to be way cheaper.

Whichever way you choose you should pick up this book: http://www.amazon.com/Koolers-Encyclope ... 1574862820 of all the crochet books I've owned this is the one that has been the most helpful while learning and then later when I was doing my own thing.

I'll have to think on it a bit. See what's left after I re-write my budget for the next quarter. Maybe I'll see if I can do it off youtube first, and then maybe take a class if it's just too hard and I can't pick it up (twss)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby BrooklynBabe » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:25 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Abs - those look knitted, not crocheted. I would never have the patience to make them!! Although I'm in the middle of figuring out what knitting project I can bring with me to Brazill, I expect to have a lot of long car rides so might as well knit, right?

My exercising, however, has been a bust, just from being so busy and tired. Bleah. New week, new chance to get in my 5x a week!!

How do you make your kale chips? I've been burning them.

I wanted to start the no flour, rice and potato products this week and I blew it already. I'm having no motivation at all.

This should motivate me, right?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:10 am

BrooklynBabe wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Abs - those look knitted, not crocheted. I would never have the patience to make them!! Although I'm in the middle of figuring out what knitting project I can bring with me to Brazill, I expect to have a lot of long car rides so might as well knit, right?

I wanted to start the no flour, rice and potato products this week and I blew it already. I'm having no motivation at all.

BB, YES that should motivate you!!!

Kale chips - After cleaning/cutting the kale, I like to store it in the frige overnight in a baggie, covered in paper towel b/c I'm too lazy to also bake it. I also think it helps dry it for baking. Then I take a big bowl, put in 6-8 cups or so of kale, add in 2 tbsp olive oil and massage it in. Then I put them on cookie sheets, single layer, and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. If I use two trays I move the top one to the bottom (and vice versa) about halfway thru the baking. May bake them a big longer if they don't look crispy. After I take them out I sprinkle salt on them. If any leaves don't look baked enough I toss them back on the cookie sheet and back into the now shut off oven.
David Leibowitz has a fab post about making kale chips: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2013/06/kale-chips-recipe/
Muffin inhales these so I have to keep making them.
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby BrooklynBabe » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:

BB, YES that should motivate you!!!

Kale chips - After cleaning/cutting the kale, I like to store it in the frige overnight in a baggie, covered in paper towel b/c I'm too lazy to also bake it. I also think it helps dry it for baking. Then I take a big bowl, put in 6-8 cups or so of kale, add in 2 tbsp olive oil and massage it in. Then I put them on cookie sheets, single layer, and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. If I use two trays I move the top one to the bottom (and vice versa) about halfway thru the baking. May bake them a big longer if they don't look crispy. After I take them out I sprinkle salt on them. If any leaves don't look baked enough I toss them back on the cookie sheet and back into the now shut off oven.
David Leibowitz has a fab post about making kale chips: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2013/06/kale-chips-recipe/
Muffin inhales these so I have to keep making them.

That's what I do too and sometimes I'll put some southwest chipotle seasoning or chile powder on them. I wonder if it's the seasoning that is making them burn?
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat