Go to footer

As if you could outrun me

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: As if you could outrun me

Postby LCneiny » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:15 am

Muffinmom wrote:LC - yes please post the Muppets Carol of the Bells, that sounds lovely!!

OK, since you asked... This just makes me laugh :)

Muffinmom wrote:Venezuela was awful in general. Traffic is horrendous - actually made me appreciate NYC area traffic if you can believe it. At least we don't' have hundreds of motorcycles trying to weave in around the cars, or worry about anyone seeing my iphone thru the window who could then break or shoot thru my window to get to it. We had to *constantly* be on alert while outside, not show anything of value, not even while at a ritzy mall. Which was heartbreaking because they had Gorgeous HUGE droolworthy RP Dior posters that I was too afraid to stop and take the pictures of (with TravelRob of course). And the manufacturing plant we visited was awful too, it was clear they could care less about the quality of their work, very disappointing.

AND the government was essentially encouraging people to start looting the local electronics megastore, as a way to distract them from all the other issues in the country and improve their chances of winning elections which are next week. So I got a call on a Thurs night (4 days into my 2 week trip) to immediately stop work and find the first flight home. I was ready to kiss the airport carpet when I finally landed in the USA.

Oh no that sounds like an awful trip!! So sorry you had to deal with all of that. I would have been freaking out for sure. At least you got to come home early!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby amynkansas » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:45 pm

LCneiny wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:

Muffinmom wrote:Venezuela was awful in general. Traffic is horrendous - actually made me appreciate NYC area traffic if you can believe it. At least we don't' have hundreds of motorcycles trying to weave in around the cars, or worry about anyone seeing my iphone thru the window who could then break or shoot thru my window to get to it. We had to *constantly* be on alert while outside, not show anything of value, not even while at a ritzy mall. Which was heartbreaking because they had Gorgeous HUGE droolworthy RP Dior posters that I was too afraid to stop and take the pictures of (with TravelRob of course). And the manufacturing plant we visited was awful too, it was clear they could care less about the quality of their work, very disappointing.

AND the government was essentially encouraging people to start looting the local electronics megastore, as a way to distract them from all the other issues in the country and improve their chances of winning elections which are next week. So I got a call on a Thurs night (4 days into my 2 week trip) to immediately stop work and find the first flight home. I was ready to kiss the airport carpet when I finally landed in the USA.

Oh no that sounds like an awful trip!! So sorry you had to deal with all of that. I would have been freaking out for sure. At least you got to come home early!

glad to have you back MM!!
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:50 pm

LCneiny wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:LC - yes please post the Muppets Carol of the Bells, that sounds lovely!!

OK, since you asked... This just makes me laugh :)

Thanks LC, glad you posted that. It made me smile
- which I needed (just found out I lost a big contract this season that has booked me for the past 5 years. Booooo for cutbacks!!).

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:26 am

Yeah, so I don't think I am an emotional eater - but I ate, like, 6 cookies last night after my Pilates class cuz I was feeling bummed about losing the contract.

Anyone got any love for me? Anyone?

Ps - the guavas are yet to be eaten. Evidently I bought unripe ones that were hard as rock. I put some out on the counter to speed up the ripening, and literally within hours they were stinking up the joint. Now I'm just waiting for them to slow ripen in the fridge. Maybe this weekend I'll attempt to eat one.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:13 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:Yeah, so I don't think I am an emotional eater - but I ate, like, 6 cookies last night after my Pilates class cuz I was feeling bummed about losing the contract.

Sorry about the lost contract Abs... Here's some love.

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:10 pm

amynkansas wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:Yeah, so I don't think I am an emotional eater - but I ate, like, 6 cookies last night after my Pilates class cuz I was feeling bummed about losing the contract.

Sorry about the lost contract Abs... Here's some love.

Thanks Kansas. You're the bestest! :P
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:03 am

It's so quiet in here!

Interesting read
http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/healthy ... 00003.html
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:11 am

HOLA AMIGAS!

SO, this particular challenge clearly was a bust. What do we want to start planning for 2014?

Exercise? Food? Everyone on their own? Personal goals? What?
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:35 pm

I'm going to shut this one down and start a new one for the NEW YEAR>>>>

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Previous

Return to Board index