Go to footer

Holiday Hootenanny

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Holiday Hootenanny

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:34 pm

So we're all in the midst of the holiday season. How's everyone holding up? Got all your shopping done? Got everything wrapped? Your cards out? Your house winterized? Your New Years Eve plans?! Do you?! Do you?! DO YOU!?

It's sad that something like a HOLIDAY that is supposed to be so fun is always so full of stress. In addition to that a bunch of us have jobs that get super busy and stressful this time of year. What are you doing to get yourself through it with your sanity intact?

Does anyone have any holiday plans that don't involve a nervous breakdown?

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: Holiday Hootnany

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:32 am

I think I will try to use the word Hootenanny (spell check changed it) at least 5 times tomorrow. it is such an underappreciated word.

I went to see Saving Mr. Banks tonight with my mom. (i give it 3.5 out of 5 stars) She said that since we weren't exchanging gifts this year that she used the money she was saving and bought gifts for the Angel Tree at her church. She said she bought some gifts for an 8 year old girl who asked only for underwear and warm pajamas and a toy. My mom is really a pretty great person. She has NO extra money EVER but always finds ways to help out homeless shelters (and animal shelters). She has found the Christmas spirit.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby lori_seals » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:47 am

JodieO wrote:So we're all in the midst of the holiday season. How's everyone holding up? Got all your shopping done? Got everything wrapped? Your cards out? Your house winterized? Your New Years Eve plans?! Do you?! Do you?! DO YOU!?

It's sad that something like a HOLIDAY that is supposed to be so fun is always so full of stress. In addition to that a bunch of us have jobs that get super busy and stressful this time of year. What are you doing to get yourself through it with your sanity intact?

Does anyone have any holiday plans that don't involve a nervous breakdown?

Not well. NO. NO. NO. NO. and NO. Drinking. and NO.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 am

amynkansas wrote:I think I will try to use the word Hootenanny (spell check changed it) at least 5 times tomorrow. it is such an underappreciated word.

Well beans. I didn't get a red line when I was writing the post so I thought it was ok! Guess the forum was confused. That's right.. the forum.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:28 pm

mr.kb put up the outside lights a few days ago, so we have colorful and bright christmas lights with an autumn wreath still on the door :P I've done zero shopping and have not been able to find my cards to address...but I do have the soundtrack from "Rudolph" running through my head thanks to a certain someone :?

airport Richard :D

JodieO, they're having a Q&A w/Richard tomorrow on twitter, what should we ask Thorin? :ugeek:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:01 pm

kelbel75 wrote:mr.kb put up the outside lights a few days ago, so we have colorful and bright christmas lights with an autumn wreath still on the door :P I've done zero shopping and have not been able to find my cards to address...but I do have the soundtrack from "Rudolph" running through my head thanks to a certain someone :?

JodieO, they're having a Q&A w/Richard tomorrow on twitter, what should we ask Thorin? :ugeek:

The Christmas cards I sent out were ones that I found when I was cleaning Marlowe's room. Which means they are roughly 10 years old. I don't even remember buying them. The Simpsons are still relevant, right? :?

Dear Richard,

Do you need a professional airport guide?

A question, eh?

Mr. Armitage (I pronounce it right, too! Please give me the look!), when you had that interview with that lady who had no idea who you actually are and is obviously blind you mentioned that you dressed in costume to see Lord of the Rings. Who did you dress as?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:41 pm

We are Santa's elves, we are Santa's elves! Blah blah blah blah something something, we are Santa's elves!

This has been going on all. day.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:58 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

Mr. Armitage (I pronounce it right, too! Please give me the look!), when you had that interview with that lady who had no idea who you actually are and is obviously blind you mentioned that you dressed in costume to see Lord of the Rings. Who did you dress as?

oh, good one! so I stole it ;) :P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:04 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

oh, good one! so I stole it ;) :P

HEY!

Why I oughtta...

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Hurro! How is everyone?

I just put up our tree last night. It's ADORABLE. It almost looks fake in its perfection. I decorated the inside of the house as well and it looks very nice. If Plaidly #3 comes early, then I'll like everything enough to leave up until next year. ;)

Christmas cards. Right. I bought them and then promptly forgot about them. I should get on that...

As for plans, I told everyone I'm not going anywhere and if they want to see me this Christmas, they have to come over. Although I'm full of shit. Mr. KK and I are trying to find two days to have a little baby moon but we're running out of days! We're thinking of doing a quick overnight trip to Lake Tahoe (a Mountain Lake right on the CA/NV border) but I think that might be too ambitious so close to my due date. I mean, you KNOW I'll go into labor while building a snowman 4 hours from home.

Pro: I got on Maternity Leave Dec 21st and I CAN NOT WAIT. I'm soooo done with work. I've needed a vacation since this summer- I haven't had one since I went to Alaska and we know much I enjoyed that. :? Paidly #3 just needs to wait until Jan 10th to be born so I can have a FEW days to just fucking relax.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby amynkansas » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:52 pm

JodieO wrote:
A question, eh?

Just in case I ever come across Richard...how DO you pronounce his name correctly? I would hate to get the bitch look from him, if I ever run across him at the Target. I would never be forgiven.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:02 am

Hey Kansas - how many times have you used the word "hootenanny" so far?
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:30 am

maybe he would have more fun if he were headed to a hootenanny.

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:43 am

amynkansas wrote:
JodieO wrote:
A question, eh?

Just in case I ever come across Richard...how DO you pronounce his name correctly? I would hate to get the bitch look from him, if I ever run across him at the Target. I would never be forgiven.

ARM-it-age. With the 'age' part sounding more like 'idge' than the word 'age'. *I* thought this was fairly easy since it's pronounced just like it's spelled, but Kelbel informs me that Americans tend to want to pronounce it way more fancy and French sounding. I'm not fancy.

If you see him at the Target feel free to slip him my number along with a photo of a way hotter red-head.

ETA: You can hear it and see The Look here: http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/ ... 3533201001
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:57 pm

Tree decorated...check.

house cleaned...not so much
showered for husband after he's been gone all week: not even close
dinner ideas for travel weary husband....nope
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:23 pm

amynkansas wrote:
JodieO wrote:
A question, eh?

Army-tidge (rhyme with fridge) unless you meant how do you pronounce Richard :D
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby dancing_echoes » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:53 pm

kelbel75 wrote:mr.kb put up the outside lights a few days ago, so we have colorful and bright christmas lights with an autumn wreath still on the door :P I've done zero shopping and have not been able to find my cards to address...but I do have the soundtrack from "Rudolph" running through my head thanks to a certain someone :?

I did look for Richard at LAX but I didn't see him...
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby kelbel75 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:12 pm

first: I need to replace my Airport Richard pic, since I see I moved it or something :?

second: I keep forgetting that not everyone talks like me (thank cod! :P ) I like the "Army-tidge, rhymes with fridge" tho :D the "ARM-it-age" on the other hand, just took away all of it's class :roll: :P "Arm-eh-tidge" is how I say it (tho technically there is no D in there, but it sounds like a D when you mouth that "tishz" sound ;) ) some wrongly say it "Arm-eh-tah-shh"...and to continue on with my self-depreciating geekery, did you know that there is no D in refrigerator?! I don't know how MANY times I've spelled that wrong, thinking there was a "fridge" in there :shock: just like there's no second G in significant or no O in mesmerize... :oops: #AppalachianHighSchoolGraduate

third: the kittens are exploring the house slowly. we keep them shut in the master bathroom at night, but let them out during the day to roam. (if it was up to mr.kb they'd never roam b/c he's positive that they will tear everything to pieces once we turn our backs) my timid cat follows them around, wanting to play w/them, but they hiss at her; "they never let poor Rudolph play in any reindeer games" :( they did touch noses today tho, so there's progress :D my dominant cat on the other hand is as bitchy as ever, hissing when the kittens even look her way, then she hisses at all of us like we're traders :?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:52 pm

kelbel75 wrote:first: I need to replace my Airport Richard pic, since I see I moved it or something :?

second: I keep forgetting that not everyone talks like me (thank cod! :P ) I like the "Army-tidge, rhymes with fridge" tho :D the "ARM-it-age" on the other hand, just took away all of it's class :roll: :P "Arm-eh-tidge" is how I say it (tho technically there is no D in there, but it sounds like a D when you mouth that "tishz" sound ;) ) some wrongly say it "Arm-eh-tah-shh"...and to continue on with my self-depreciating geekery, did you know that there is no D in refrigerator?! I don't know how MANY times I've spelled that wrong, thinking there was a "fridge" in there :shock: just like there's no second G in significant or no O in mesmerize... :oops: #AppalachianHighSchoolGraduate

third: the kittens are exploring the house slowly. we keep them shut in the master bathroom at night, but let them out during the day to roam. (if it was up to mr.kb they'd never roam b/c he's positive that they will tear everything to pieces once we turn our backs) my timid cat follows them around, wanting to play w/them, but they hiss at her; "they never let poor Rudolph play in any reindeer games" :( they did touch noses today tho, so there's progress :D my dominant cat on the other hand is as bitchy as ever, hissing when the kittens even look her way, then she hisses at all of us like we're traders :?

ARM-it-age and Arm-eh-tidge and pretty much the same pronunciation aren't they? We could do this all day! Arma-tij! Arm-a-tidge!

Get yourself one of these for the cats, it might help. Or maybe the spray. http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Zone-Feli ... ne+feliway

It seems to help Guinness cope and all the vets I spoke to said it helps most cats. But get it off Amazon and NOT in the store. It'll cost you $40-$50 in the store. Even if the pet store's website is selling it for $20. Re-dick-u-luss.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:23 pm

it's sunday night. my co-worker couldn't make it into the hospital today because she was sick. I had absolutely no desire to go in on my day off. The result will be 2 days of babies rolled into my Monday. I am dreading it beyond belief.
I need some happy thoughts, p0rn, and will need to be assured that you are all having crappy days too ;)

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby mandaliz » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:21 am

amynkansas wrote:I think I will try to use the word Hootenanny (spell check changed it) at least 5 times tomorrow. it is such an underappreciated word.

I went to see Saving Mr. Banks tonight with my mom. (i give it 3.5 out of 5 stars) She said that since we weren't exchanging gifts this year that she used the money she was saving and bought gifts for the Angel Tree at her church. She said she bought some gifts for an 8 year old girl who asked only for underwear and warm pajamas and a toy. My mom is really a pretty great person. She has NO extra money EVER but always finds ways to help out homeless shelters (and animal shelters). She has found the Christmas spirit.

Awww, She sounds awesome!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:30 am

Mr M returns to work today. He's also resuming his gym-going. Since the new security company changed his hours to 4 10hr days he'll be gone for around 12 hours today. It'll just be me and the tiny, teacup human. *starts rocking, chanting "I will NOT break the baby. I will NOT break the baby. I will NOT break the baby."*
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:09 am

As for Christmas cards, I'm not doing official Christmas cards. Instead I'm doing wintery birth announcements. I just ordered them off of shutterfly. It has a snowflake on it but no happy holidays or merry Christmas or anything, just kind of like "Hey look what I made!"

mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:51 am

mandaliz wrote:Mr M returns to work today. He's also resuming his gym-going. Since the new security company changed his hours to 4 10hr days he'll be gone for around 12 hours today. It'll just be me and the tiny, teacup human. *starts rocking, chanting "I will NOT break the baby. I will NOT break the baby. I will NOT break the baby."*

when Mr. KB went back to work after our first baby, I freaked! I wanted the baby to sleep as long as possible b/c I was scared of being home alone with him. when it got closer to the time Mr. KB was supposed to come home from work, I'd be like a dog with it's ears perked up, listening to every car that passed and waiting for that garage door to open :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:11 am

SO that's what I get for being mostly MIA - Manda had her baby???? What you have? CONGRATS!!!

Not much to report on my end other than my usual work/regular life/ silly busy stuff. Meh.

Amy - stinks that you got stuck with all that extra work. Here's some luv for ya:
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats