Go to footer

What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the malts

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:31 am

Oh Obava!!! Sounds like you need a big hug or two!!

BakingNath - so proud of you!!! Way to go!!! Image

Moi - GOOD - I did a workout this AM with my workout buddy. BAD - had a bagel for breakfast.... the yogurt I brought just did not appeal. At. All.

On a separate topic - anyone planning on doing treasure mapping with the Aries moon this Sunday? I know I am!! Its a good time to plan what you want for the next 12 months!! Check it out here! http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/2014/03/aries-new-moon-2014-get-out-way-your.html
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:43 am

More sunshine...

And for Jodes of course...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby obava » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:17 pm

MMom- I have never heard of treasure maps before but this is a PERFECT TIME for me to do this- I have so many ideas!!! This will be my WC for the week! I just wish I hadn't put a bunch of magazines in the recycling :lol:

Something scary happened to me today- I took a vicodin and had a weird, scary reaction- i thought I was going to die. Yes, I am a drama queen but I was dizzy & shaking & sweaty & thought I was going to pass out. I went home from work and took a nap for an hour or so and had a friend check on me. I'm better now but I threw all my pain pills away so am going to survive on ibuprofen & tylenol. I'm in a lot of pain :cry:
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby JodieO » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:40 pm

Muffinmom wrote:More sunshine...

And for Jodes of course...

Thanks! I could use some of that.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:41 pm

obava wrote:MMom- I have never heard of treasure maps before but this is a PERFECT TIME for me to do this- I have so many ideas!!! This will be my WC for the week! I just wish I hadn't put a bunch of magazines in the recycling :lol:

Something scary happened to me today- I took a vicodin and had a weird, scary reaction- i thought I was going to die. Yes, I am a drama queen but I was dizzy & shaking & sweaty & thought I was going to pass out. I went home from work and took a nap for an hour or so and had a friend check on me. I'm better now but I threw all my pain pills away so am going to survive on ibuprofen & tylenol. I'm in a lot of pain :cry:

The dentist that you went to today, was that the same dentist who did your root canal? Surely they know that shit HURTS. Even if they don't give you vicodin they could give you another pain med?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:46 pm

a shout out to Jodie who answered my cry for help on Twitter last night when I wanted to eat all the things. She told me to brush my teeth. I did. And I didn't eat anything after that.

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:34 pm

amynkansas wrote:a shout out to Jodie who answered my cry for help on Twitter last night when I wanted to eat all the things. She told me to brush my teeth. I did. And I didn't eat anything after that.

You're welcome! I know I never want to eat anything after I've gone to the trouble of brushing.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:11 am

Obava, hope you feel better!! ♥

Moi, got to the gym and my workout partner didn't show up, so had to figure out my workout routine by myself. Feeling it in my legs now.
Next, I need to force myself to IGNORE the cake we'll be serving at the baby shower this afternoon for a co-worker.
I am trying to go gluten free today, wish me luck!

Sunday, I'm going to meetup with a friend to make our treasure maps. Will be bringing Muffin along too, she's all excited!

What's everyone doing this weekend? TGIF!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:32 pm

So, I heard something on the radio this morning that I thought was pretty cool; It took a while, but forty years after the release of their debut album, Kiss have finally made the cover of Rolling Stone. The legend-ary mag is featuring the band (probably to mark their long-awaited induction into the R&R Hall of Fame) with a classic 1975 photo of the band's original lineup. So I thought this week I'd do a Playlist of songs from bands that have made it to the cover of Rolling Stone :D Enjoy.

seriously, give it a listen. It's not as hard rock as you think it'll be. Plus, it's from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. Duuuuuude.

I know there's a much more iconic cover, with the American flag in the background. The quintessential Born in The USA cover. But I always kinda liked this one. Must be the Canadian in me

And this is the best Springsteen song. Maybe not great for working out to. But I always turn it up when this comes on the radio

Speaking of Canada, The Sheepdogs won a contest voted on by readers and became the first ever un-signed band to make the cover of the Rolling Stone (and they're Canadian)

Of course, this cover MUST be included in any list about Rolling Stone

And this might be one of the.best.songs.ever. Period.

And this might be one of the worst.
(I may or may not have purchased this Rolling Stone. And this album. And...uh. yeah. What?! It was a phase! And Don Johnson was cool in the 80'S! Ok, maybe not. Don't judge me. :( I"m going to hide now.)

And of course

Have a great weekend everyone.

PS - I still can't get youtube to embed. I think UC and Moon have disabled it cuz Flatmates like me posting too many crappy videos. Like ones by Don Johnson :D
Last edited by absolutelyvlc on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:
And this is the best Springsteen song. Maybe not great for working out to. But I always turn it up when this comes on the radio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzQvGz6_fvA
:D

to pick ONE Springsteen song is impossible. Once I got The Rising Album (2002) it became my favorite album of his. The title song is big on my workout list (because of the beat and the message):

and another good walking song is:

I could on and on about this album. There are few albums that I love every song and this one comes close (I don't like track 7).

I'm guessing the Flat is rejecting your Canadian youtube links.... ;)
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby obava » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Made my treasure map today, and DS did one too. I was so pleased and surprised at what he put on his <3 <3 <3

What's the WC this coming up week??? And is this the last week of the challenge????
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:03 pm

the answer to both your questions ↓
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Week 12: (March 31 – April 6) We’ve made it! This is it! Let’s celebrate by picking something YOU need to focus on. You get to pick your Wild Card but you must post in here and tell us what it is and why it deserves a wild card point.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby obava » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:48 am

Picking my WC for this week is easy- I went to sleep worrying about $ and woke up worrying about it. I have seriously got to start living within my means. To earn this WC I need to figure out what I have coming in, and realistically set a budget for this month. Thank goodness I don't have DS for Easter this year- holidays are expensive!!

I'm choosing just a month because I find it emotionally and intellectually overwhelming trying to figure out a long-term budget- you just never know what's going to come up. But I figure, one day (month) at a time...
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:40 am

obava wrote:Made my treasure map today, and DS did one too. I was so pleased and surprised at what he put on his <3 <3 <3

What's the WC this coming up week??? And is this the last week of the challenge????

How cool is that!!
Muffin and I met up with a couple of my friends and we went thru a ton of magazines. Muffin finished her TM, I probably would have too but had to stop to make dinner. Eh, will continue tonight and tomorrow. Muffin's TM is gorgeous, she did such a beautiful job! And I'm psyched to see that the stuff catching my eye so far is going in a different direction than I'd expected. Hope to finish mine by tomorrow.

Anyone else wanna try? Its still Aries New moon - great time to set intentions for the new year!!

As for my WC this week... its going to have to be menu/recipe planning... which STILL eludes me. There's always something else going on, using up any time I'd planned for this task. Been trying to do this now for friggin 3 months!!!

On a side note - had a bit of a flood in Muffindad's car Saturday - found out when Muffin cheerfully commented that she was splashing her feet in a puddle on the floor of our car. Apparently there's a leak on our windshield. Poor Muffindad spent the weekend drying up his car. Not fun!

Here's a no-calorie cupcake you can enjoy...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:35 am

I just bought something. Lessons. For paddle boarding. Eeeck.
This is going to be my "new" thing for a month this summer (whenever summer finally arrives that is!)

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1048 ... =156165375

I hope I don't drown.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:06 am

Abs - um, was that an April fools? Errr, that water looks ~c~o~l~d~!!!!!

I went for a walk yesterday afternoon, since it was FINALLY warm enough to do so. WOW some of my muscles felt rusty!! Even with my having worked out thru the winter! Thankfully I didn't feel any after-effects this AM at the gym.

BTW, it really DOES help to have a buddy to work out with, I've enjoyed working out a lot more since I started doing it with my work buddy. We take turns doing various strength exercises. At least I don't feel like an idiot while doing lunges or using the exercise ball. Anyone else use a buddy?

Amy, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! Got your little package today, and thought I'd drop this little gif-t as a way to say 'tapadh leat'... so far it sounds wonderful and was very useful in keeping me moving during my warmup this AM.

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:30 am

Oh, and Amy? Did you know there's such a thing as a Pocket Jamie?

Just so he doesn't feel left out, here's some more Travel Rob...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Abs - um, was that an April fools? Errr, that water looks ~c~o~l~d~!!!!!

Nope, I really signed up for lessons. Just waiting for the weather to get better.
The pic of Rob SUPing was from last spring I think, somewhere in Malibu I think. I suspect the water here in Toronto will be much colder.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:28 am

We need to heat things up in here...

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:17 pm

Muffinmom wrote:We need to heat things up in here...

mission accomplished! swoon.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:43 pm

So the current leg of The Challenge is over.
I was thinking of posting a Friday playlist about kick-ass, booty shaking songs from movies.
But it's the end of The Challenge, it's rainy and grey, and I feel like we could all do with a total chill-out mix.
The kind that makes you want to curl up under a blanket and read a really good book or just look out the window at the pretty patterns the rain makes on the window, and reflect on how much kick-ass, booty shaking we've done this far.
Enjoy your weekend everyone.

remember how massive this album was?

may your mind set you free (be opened by the wonderful), may your heart lead you on (I miss James - they were such a great band)

We live in a beautiful world. Yes we do. And yea, everybody here's got somebody to lean on.

This song is just speaking to me so much today

One more from The Avett Bros - cuz I just love this one, and the line "decide what to be and go be it".
Last edited by absolutelyvlc on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:48 pm

ps - guess who fixed her youtube issues :D
pps - previous Friday Playlists have been edited for easy clickability within The Flat.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Where is everyone??

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-eBBlBEzus[/youtube]

And since we're on the subject of Shakespear's Sister I miss this CD. It's one of the ones itunes decided to randomly delete from my library.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-odnJZIyc2g[/youtube]

Along with my Scissor Sisters CD.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od7-fyGa9DQ[/youtube]

DAMMIT. How did you fix your YT issues?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:01 am

JodieO wrote:Where is everyone??

And since we're on the subject of Shakespear's Sister I miss this CD. It's one of the ones itunes decided to randomly delete from my library.

Along with my Scissor Sisters CD.

DAMMIT. How did you fix your YT issues?

Take the "s" out of "https://"
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat