Go to footer

Everything's Coming up Roses

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Everything's Coming up Roses

Postby lori_seals » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:13 am

Gianna wrote:Sunday afternoon. The house is cleaned, the groceries have been purchased, the laundry has been done. TIME TO GET LAZY!!!!

My excitement for the weekend - we booked our trip to Europe yesterday! This time it is Belgium and Germany. Now just have to surive until September. :D

My cat got her annual lion cut last week and she looks ridiculously adorable. I got my hair cut and colored, but wish I could say the same. :| :lol:

Please please post pics of the lion. I adore that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby dancing_echoes » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:40 am

mkladyjmm wrote:Hah! My 1995 Toyota Camry has 194,000 and is still going strong. I attribute my car's longevity to my CULLEN vanity plate and my "Be Safe" and "My other car is a shiny silver Volvo" bumper stickers.

Sorry to hear about the douchebag fucktards at your work, Manda. Hope you can get gone ASAP.

Winter here in mid-Michigan has sucked the balls of a goat. Horrid, horrid! Snow is now gone, and I can't wait for it to warm up just a bit more.

I've been on a drastic diet: Optifast. I'm doing 12 weeks of Optifast and 12 weeks of gradually going back to regular food. I am in week 8 of Optifast and I'm down 40 pounds. Optifast is a medically-monitored program and I see a physician weekly and have blood work every 2-3 weeks. I'm tracking my progress on myfitnesspal.com. The most amazing thing about this is I am exercising. Yes, me! Exercising! I'm walking at the mall on the weekends, and using Walk Away the Pounds DVD during the week. I started around Valentine's Day and was able to walk about 5 minutes at a time. Now I am up to 40 minutes of walking at a time and my goal is to get up to 50 minutes. I feel so much better and am satisfied with my success.

I love this post! Good for you!
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby dancing_echoes » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:41 am

lori_seals wrote:
Gianna wrote:Sunday afternoon. The house is cleaned, the groceries have been purchased, the laundry has been done. TIME TO GET LAZY!!!!

My excitement for the weekend - we booked our trip to Europe yesterday! This time it is Belgium and Germany. Now just have to surive until September. :D

My cat got her annual lion cut last week and she looks ridiculously adorable. I got my hair cut and colored, but wish I could say the same. :| :lol:

2nd this!
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:36 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

2nd this!

Thirded!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:40 pm

lori_seals wrote:
amynkansas wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Moi – still having car troubles with Muffindad’s car. It sprung a leak on the windshield over the weekend, which messed up the transmission computer (conveniently located on the floor of the car) so now we’re waiting on it get fixed.

A teeny tiny crack in my windshield became HUGE after I turned on the defrost on a very cold day. But luckily it cracked along the perimeter and not THROUGH the middle so even though it spans the length it does not block my field of vision. But the crack gets a little bit bigger each year. I am going on my 3th year with the crack . My car is about to make it to 100,000 mike mark. I just hope it hangs around a few more years.

100,000 is nothing these days!! Mine has 140,000 on it right now. That sucker better last another 100k

High fives! My 96 Saturn is at nearly 170,000. Don't get me wrong, I'd totally still buy a new car if I could afford it, but my car is still great for driving around town. Since I'll never save enough to buy a new one this one had better stick around until my sugar daddy shows up.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:49 pm

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
amynkansas wrote:
A teeny tiny crack in my windshield became HUGE after I turned on the defrost on a very cold day. But luckily it cracked along the perimeter and not THROUGH the middle so even though it spans the length it does not block my field of vision. But the crack gets a little bit bigger each year. I am going on my 3th year with the crack . My car is about to make it to 100,000 mike mark. I just hope it hangs around a few more years.

100,000 is nothing these days!! Mine has 140,000 on it right now. That sucker better last another 100k

High fives! My 96 Saturn is at nearly 170,000. Don't get me wrong, I'd totally still buy a new car if I could afford it, but my car is still great for driving around town. Since I'll never save enough to buy a new one this one had better stick around until my sugar daddy shows up.

Or at least until you get to Portland in a few weeks! ;)
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby lori_seals » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:35 pm

JodieO wrote:

96? with only 170,000? girl, please. Mine is a 2006! :?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:10 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:

96? with only 170,000? girl, please. Mine is a 2006! :?

Hee! It had 145,000 on it when I bought it in December of 2005. I don't dare take it to far or too fast. A tank of gas lasts me 3 weeks!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:12 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:
JodieO wrote:High fives! My 96 Saturn is at nearly 170,000. Don't get me wrong, I'd totally still buy a new car if I could afford it, but my car is still great for driving around town. Since I'll never save enough to buy a new one this one had better stick around until my sugar daddy shows up.

Oh jeeze. If I tried to drive my car to Portland it would probably act like the Weasley's flying car in Harry Potter and turn on me.

I'm taking my mom's car to Portland.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:02 pm

lori_seals wrote:

I will! She's under the couch now like a total jerk. :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:08 pm

OMG it was actually Spring-like here today! It was 73 degrees and I wore open toe shoes. Wheeeeeee!! :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:27 am

JodieO wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:
JodieO wrote:High fives! My 96 Saturn is at nearly 170,000. Don't get me wrong, I'd totally still buy a new car if I could afford it, but my car is still great for driving around town. Since I'll never save enough to buy a new one this one had better stick around until my sugar daddy shows up.

Oh jeeze. If I tried to drive my car to Portland it would probably act like the Weasley's flying car in Harry Potter and turn on me.

I'm taking my mom's car to Portland.

Ah. That's probably a good idea! :D
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:38 pm

my daughter is writing a Harry Potter story about the children of the main characters going to Hogwarts and Harry being the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. she knows the canon backwards and forwards and is capturing the "voice" of the characters really well; I'm looking forward to more! it's fun having a kid who likes the same things as me :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:40 pm

kelbel75 wrote:my daughter is writing a Harry Potter story about the children of the main characters going to Hogwarts and Harry being the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. she knows the canon backwards and forwards and is capturing the "voice" of the characters really well; I'm looking forward to more! it's fun having a kid who likes the same things as me :D

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:41 am

kelbel75 wrote:my daughter is writing a Harry Potter story about the children of the main characters going to Hogwarts and Harry being the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. she knows the canon backwards and forwards and is capturing the "voice" of the characters really well; I'm looking forward to more! it's fun having a kid who likes the same things as me :D

That's so very cool!!! Where is she planning on sharing her story - is this for school or fun? Agreed on it being wonderful having a child that shares your interests. I'm doing my best to brainwash Muffin into liking what I like, so far it seems to be working. She's turning into Mini-Me, bwahahaha! Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:18 pm

HI! How is everyone? Better yet, who wants to come finish painting my living room because I really don't want to. It's a pain in the arse and I'm too lazy to even bother painting the woodwork. I'm still not entirely sure about the color as it's so much brighter than I'd anticipated, but I'm sure as fuck not going to paint it all over again any time soon.

In other news since the weather has actually been above freezing lately we haven't been running the heat as much at work. Since we aren't running the heat as much I've been feeling the drafts more (and the office was very shoddily built, so there are lots of drafts) so I've been closing the closet door to keep a cold draft off my back. Today my boss took me out into the warehouse and told me I was to start cleaning off my desk immediately so we could switch places because it was just too much of a hassle to keep opening and closing the door. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:19 pm

JodieO wrote:HI! How is everyone? Better yet, who wants to come finish painting my living room because I really don't want to. It's a pain in the arse and I'm too lazy to even bother painting the woodwork. I'm still not entirely sure about the color as it's so much brighter than I'd anticipated, but I'm sure as fuck not going to paint it all over again any time soon.

In other news since the weather has actually been above freezing lately we haven't been running the heat as much at work. Since we aren't running the heat as much I've been feeling the drafts more (and the office was very shoddily built, so there are lots of drafts) so I've been closing the closet door to keep a cold draft off my back. Today my boss took me out into the warehouse and told me I was to start cleaning off my desk immediately so we could switch places because it was just too much of a hassle to keep opening and closing the door. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Can't help with the painting, sorry!!! And the desk move - does that mean its to an area that has LESS draft? Dare I hope?
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:28 pm

Map to the Stars trailer on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAWi6i4cmpE&feature=youtu.be

My favorite part was this:
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:32 am

Muffinmom wrote:Map to the Stars trailer on youtube

I just came to post this. Ron looks gooooooooooooooooooooooood.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby amynkansas » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:23 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Map to the Stars trailer on youtube

I just came to post this. Ron looks gooooooooooooooooooooooood.

I won't argue with that :D
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:55 am

he has risen? ;) :? :lol: :roll: ;) (non-religious post)

Happy Easter from your really inappropriate flat mate.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously, I hope you all celebrate this day with much joy.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:37 pm

Rob on the Rocks
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:39 pm

amynkansas wrote:he has risen? ;) :? :lol: :roll: ;) (non-religious post)

Happy Easter from your really inappropriate flat mate.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously, I hope you all celebrate this day with much joy.

Amy, you're totally irreverent but I like your humor anyway!! As TravelRob can tell you, I went rock climbing (not for Easter!) with my brother AND with Muffin, who rocked as a climber (pun intended), she was MUCH better than me though we both agreed we want to do this again:
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:14 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Image

That looks scary!!!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:44 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Image

That looks scary!!!

That looks like fun! But I'd totally be too lazy. I'd want to make like five moves and be at the top.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat