Go to footer

Introduce Yourself!

Are you new to LTT (letterstotwilight) or LTR (letterstorob) or maybe just new to our forum? Well, this is the place for you- for our virgins. Introduce yourself here and then you will be on your way!

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby tc from the oc » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Hello,
I'm TC and I am from the OC. This is my very first time on any type of blog site,I was driven into this due to my total lack of control concerning anything "Twilight". I have been totally blindsided by this all consuming need,my personal life is of no consequence and I have come here to this site (the best on the web i might add) to feed my need. Thank you for accepting me....

Love and hotpockets to all!!!!!

TC
tc from the oc
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby p00ckee » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:34 am

Hi, I'm TOTALLY a virgin to this 'forum' stuff. I don't even know how to add a smilie! Pathetic, I realize. God, it's great to be a virgin again in one's 40's. I know,I know my 14 year old daughter gets really pissed at me when she catches me searching Rob on google or reading fan fiction for hours. I used to feel really guilty until I realized that there are sooo many of us (ahem, mature--and thus very experienced women, Rob) out here.

I : have been married for 22 years (my husband just bought me some "other vampire" book--hoping to get me off the fan fiction sites--so sorry, hon---NOT going to happen), have 2 great children (17yo son & 14yo daughter) & an adorable dog (13yo), am a nurse (for 19 yrs.), am VERY obsessed with Twilight and am COMPLETELY obsessed with Robert Pattinson. It's funny though, I was not the least bit interested in the Twilight thing until I watched the DVD for the second time. Been hooked ever since. More than enough said, have to start reading me some letters...and once that confidence comes around, maybe start writing some too. Thanks for having me.
p00ckee
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby p00ckee » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:47 am

Can hardly believe Rob could ever prefer the US to his England home. I'm sure he would rather be there than being mobbed and screamed at by multitudes of teenagers (God--I hope the twimoms aren't screaming at him too) here in the states. I hope I put this entry into the right area.

I
p00ckee
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Stu » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:38 am

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah, but you can call me Stu. I'm a friend of "Jazzled", though I don't KNOW her by that name. :)

I'm more a Rob person, which suits our happy, friendly dynamic just fine, and apparently ya'll are "My People" since I can't get enough Rob on a daily basis. How much am I obsessed? I even had my Warcraft character named after Edward (Edcullen until those asshats made me change it--now it's SullenCullen).

I'm 29 & married with no children--just two dogs (Obi the chi and Tommy the Torpedo). I work on websites for some local radio stations which provides me with more than enough time to dink around on the interwebs finding Rob pics, Jacksper pics with which to spam Jazzled with, or Twilight gossip/news. Or to watch movies. Whichever.

And uh... I guess you could say my Rob love started with seeing him in Harry Potter. I was soooo anti-Twilight until I scoped him out in the trailer. Then it was "sign me up!" Then I read the books via peer pressure and that sealed my fate. And so now I'm here. :D
Stu
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby enbie » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:29 pm

After lurking around LTR and LTT for a week or so, I have finally decided to register! Lurker/Virgin no more! :D
So, allow me to introduce myself, I am enbie (my initials spelled the way they sound). While I am a not an undercover Twi-hard and not so secretly Robsessed, I like to keep my real name out of this, strictly for professional reasons. I am a 25 year old mad scientist from the midwest who recently discovered The Twilight Saga. I started reading The Saga last month, finished Twilight in one day (although I'm not bragging because I'm sure it's not a record!), stretched out New Moon for 5 days (tough to do!), wiped out Eclipse in one and tried my hardest to drag Breaking Dawn out for 5 days... when the books were over, and I had seen Twilight the movie, my life felt empty without Robward! So, here I am lurking around all websites/blogs/etc. that are Rob/Edward/Twilight related... let me just finish by saying that I am happy to see that my behavior is not strange or unwarranted, it is completely normal... I don't have to start a group called "Robsessed Anonymous" (or maybe I should!?) to deal with this "Rob Daze" that is fogging my mind! THANK YOU LTR and LTT!!! for making me feel right at home! Oh, and your bloggings are SO entertaining!

*enbie.
enbie
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby robgirl86 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:15 pm

themoonisdown wrote:We wanna know YOU here at LTR/LTT we think that's what makes us different. So introduce yo-self and let us know a little more about you... do you like hAHburgAHs? Do you prefer Kellan to Rob? Do you eat goldfish after a certain act (ahem...)? We wanna know!

I'll go first!

Hello my name is: Themoonisdown (Hello, Themoonisdown!) Most of you call me Moon or any variation there of... I'm one of your happy little bloggers who writes some of the goodies over at LTR/LTT! I enjoy long walks on the beach but as of now I can't decide whether I want to be walking with Rob or Jackson... oh who am I kidding. It'll always be Rob! Loves Sprinkles Cupcakes, wasting away the day at the record store, buying vinyl, going to concerts and shoes. Lots and lots of shoes...

Reply to this post and let us know about you!

Hello Moon, my name is Chris, first of all I am not English, I'm german, so forgive mistakes or bad word choices, I can defintely say, I'm learning english for Rob, you know...the "side dish"...so here I am.. I'll make a list, because I like lists a lot (I am a teacher):
1. I love Rob! 2, I love all of him..personality,music,acting,speaking,humour, face,body,eyes,hair,lips....and so on..3.I never ever had a celeb-crush, so I am new to this phenomenon, 4. I don't really care about it...5. I would like to share my obsession with all of you, that's why I am here ..6. I am not that big computerstuffknower, äähmmm I simply know little so every thing I have to find out by myself 7. Apart from this, I love Italy where I lived a long time (Rome! Reminds me of RomeRob..), I love music, my family, films, spaghetti bolognese,and...fashion, shoes and bags...

At least, I said nothing about Twilight...I like that film a lot, because it makes me known who is Robert Pattinson, but I am not that crazy about it, love "How to be", that's my favourite...

So I hope I have done well and you know me from now on a little bit! Oh forgot (Damn, I always forget something...after THAT, no goldfish, but a ciggie....I know, it's bad...)
robgirl86
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby robgirl86 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:28 pm

unintendedchoice wrote:What a fun game!
Hi... I'm UnintendedChoice, and I'm a virgin (oh wait.. no I'm not... but this is my first "real" post on the forum. so yes I am.. Shh.. don't tell Rob.. or.. do you think he'd like that? Okay tell him)

My name isn't really UnintendedChoice, but all my friends call me that. And by "all my friends" I mean no one except for sometimes "themoonisdown' when we're being silly and referring to each other by our pretend names. No, I won't tell you my real name. Not because I don't love you, just mostly because I'm afraid of my grandmother finding out about this hobby of mine.

Okay 3 things about me: I love cats (REALLY love them), I love the internet (duh) and I have 3 younger sisters who are basically the most amazing things in my life cuz they're amazing and beautiful and I'm so lucky to have them.

You're turn!

Hello UC, My name is Chris, and I think I'm now making surely a fool of myself, because I am posting a second introduction.
But I like you a lot, and so I will risk..., after months of mute readings I signed up and found a lot of crazy Robsessed girls and I really enjoy that (Forgot, I am german, mistakes are garanteed!). I am a teacher, in relationship to a very fine guy, I have a dog and I simply love my life!
Want to start with a big applause for your blog and your work, you are so funny, it's much better than television, which I gave up since my Robobsession, simply because I have no time anymore, ähh, I have to remember to resign the tax...
So, that's it, my lettertoyou is shorter than to moon, but first I have nothing else to say anymore, and second yours was briefer too :-)
robgirl86
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Tatt2dAsh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:10 pm

HI ALL! My name is Ashly. Although I am not a virgin to LTT/LTR I am a virgin to the forum. I will get the good stuff out of the way first. I am a Rob devotee. Peter comes in a close second after meeting him face-to-face (those eyes are hypnotic and he is super sweet). I did not get into anything Twilight until March and since then it has pulled me in deeper with everyday. If you call sleeping on an Edward pillow every night deep. I have merch, magazines, traveled to Vancouver for Eclipse filming, and waited in long lines for wristbands to attending autograph signings.

Now the boring stuff: I am a Southerner transplanted to the Midwest (for now as I hope to move back to Memphis in Summer 2010). I am college instructor of music business and have recently received my law degree. I hope to have my own private entertainment law practice in Memphis one day. As you can see from my education I am a huge lover of music - many genres and bands. Movies are another love again multiple genres, horror being my favorite. Since reading Twilight I have been reading for fun almost non-stop, Vampire books mostly. I love the Sookie Stakehouse series as well as the show True Blood.

Want to know more? Just ask.
Tatt2dAsh
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Saveyoursoul » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi everyone!

I've been reading LTT/LTR for about 3 months now, but today is my first day here at the forum.
to introduce myself: my name is Saveyoursoul or just Soul...well, it's not my real name which I can't tell you because then someone could find out that I'm spending all my time reading stuff about Twilight and Rob^^ in real life I'm a 21 year old student, single, one dog. I like reading, music, movies, hanging out with friends, travelling,baking and gymnastics...I probably forgot something, I always do. doesn't matter now...
@ Moon & UC: I'm so glad I found your blog, I come here on a daily basis to check out what you come up with and it always makes me laugh and gives me a good time. Thank you for that!
I read the Twilight series in june for the first time. All 4 books in about 6 days, not sleeping at night so I could read them through faster. I got addicted immediatly. But unfortunately it took me until the end of september to find a friend of mine who shares my accute fondness. We talked so much about it on the internet together we just had to find an outlet for all our thoughts. So we started our own blog. We try to improve everyday since were still pretty new to blogging...today on the wordpress tag-search we were mentioned directly under LTT and I may or may not have taken a screenshot of that... :)
So if you're interested, check us out over at How to dazzle!

Hugs to all of you

Soul
Check out our new Twilight-blog!
Dazzling and sarcasm included, promise!

So visit How to dazzle Image
Saveyoursoul
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi I am Elsie (not my real name but its not too dissimilar and it's what I get called anyway) and I have lurked for months! I am 37 and from UK and all the other UK girls will tell you that it's so not cool to be this age and into Twilight here! My co-worker thinks my obsession with Robward is "wrong on so many levels"!

I got into Twilight late when my 15yo niece brought the dvd over one weekend in April. Since then I have the dvd and blu-ray version (which is amazing) and have read and re-read all the books so many times. Really looking forward to New Moon!
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby MamalovesRob79 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:16 pm

My name is Lori and I am 30 and a married mom of two boys (4 and 2) and I live in Washington State (yes, I live close to Forks!). I first became addicted to Twilight back in March when I was bored one day and wanted to watch a new movie. That was the day that Twilight came out on Pay Per View. I had heard all of the hype of the movie, but I hadn't jumped on the bandwagon. After I watched the movie, is when I was "changed." I picked up the book series and read all 4 books in 4 days. My husband thought I was crazy and wanted to know what had gotten into me. Since that day, I have read the entire series 6 times, just in time for the release of Twilight and the midnight screening of New Moon. For my 30th birthday, my husband threw me a surprise Twilight party, complete with Vampire Blood Martinis, the twilight board game and an outdoor screening of Twilight for me any my friends.

I love Rob Pattinson and can't wait to meet him one day.
MamalovesRob79
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby KerriAnn » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Hello all...

My name is Kerri...I figure at this point why even try to hide my obsession with a fictitious name (besides I'm not that creative). I've been reading LTT/LTR for months, but decided it was time to pop my cherry and join the forum. So here I am.

A little about myself...Well, I don't really find myself all that interesting. I'm 32, been married for 11 years and I live in South Central Pennsylvania.

I purchased all 4 books when Breaking Dawn came out. My husband actually talked me into buying them... I was all like "Young Adult...I don't think so". I had the books a few months before I finally picked up Twilight to read it. And well, you all know how it went from there. I breezed through all the books...spent many late nights with bloodshot eyes or dreaming of a certain Sparkly Vampire. :) Became obsessed with all things Twilight, Edward & Rob related! When the movie came out...I saw it 4 times in the theater followed by many, many DVD viewings. My RSS reader is filled with Twilight Blogs, etc....it is how I start my mornings. My favorite, of course, is LTT/LTR. You girls make me laugh everyday! Love you!
KerriAnn
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby luludee » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:29 am

Hey all!

I'm luludee and I lurked around the sites for about 3 or 4 months before I finally made a post. This is my first time on the forum. Part of me thinks that it was a terrible idea to register for this, as it will only serve as yet another means of distraction for me. I want to go to grad school and I need to be filling out applications and studying for the GRE, not reading about Rob and friends! :geek:

I guess it comes down to priorities, right?

I begrudgingly read the books late summer of '08 after several friends started pushing them on me, via text messages. After searching all over the the non-fiction section of Borders, I strolled upstairs and couldn't miss the layout in the teen section (which I had to enter in order to get the book)- as if I wasn't embarrassed enough already at the mere thought of reading a teen romance. Low and behold, I started reading and got hooked. After enduring teasing comments from a friend who remarked that one of her 8th grade students was reading the same book, and my brother who asked me if I was a 13 year old girl, rather than a mature (ha!) 27 year old woman, (he ended up reading them later and is now a bon-a-fide Unicorn) I found solace in my hometown group of friends who are/were way more obsessed than I am/was(..?).

I've only read the books once each and I've probably only seen the movie 3 or 4 times. Truth be told, I think I'm more enamored of the Twi-Community and all it's hilarity than I probably ever was for the books themselves (which is saying a lot). And that is why I am here. :D
luludee
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby krisula » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Hey everyone,
The time has come for me to have my Forum First time. Be gentle. Reading LTT every day is no longer enough. I guess I did this backwards since I met UC, Moon and so many wonderful twi-hards last night in LA singing and drinking like a bunch of Korean businessmen. No, actually you are all way cuter than the average Korean businessman and a lot of you can sing for real. UC, are you in a band?

Those of you who think you are the oldest here can relax, I'll take that on. I don't really twitter and I don't blog but I randomly comment around the interweb on subjects Twi-related as well as my pet favorites; Unschooling and YA fiction writing.

After I discovered Twilight a bit over a year ago my friends thought I had lost my mind so I threw them a big Twilight party and made everyone way cool Bella's bracelets. After that Steph Meyer's website inspired me to get off my arse and write the book that's been swimming in my head. I did, and my friends say they like it (nice friends) but so far no one in the actual publishing industry has anything to say about it though I can tell from their rejection letters that they must really like it. I'm writing a sequel now. sigh. But reading UC and Moon has made me realize that I haven't been trying nearly hard enough. You both rock. (OK now you know I really am old - do people still say that?)

Krisula
krisula
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby JulieP » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:40 am

Hi! My name is Julie. I've posted a few times on LTR and have sent in a few emails to Moon & UC. I've spent several months reading the forum and have just now gotten round to writing my first post.

I love Moon & UC and all the regulars. I don't think I'd get through the day without a visit to LTR. I have a RL friend and my niece who are into Twilight/Rob - although not to the extent that I am. Most friends in RL think that I need help - and they don't know the half!! My sister introduced me to the books in Jan 2009, so I didn't get to see Twilight at the cinema, just many, many times on DVD. The rest, as they say, is history!

I have two ambitions: 1. To meet Rob close up and speak coherently with him (hahaha - SO not going to happen!); and 2. To be as funny as Moon & UC - this happens very occasionally.

I live in Newport, South Wales. I'm older than old according to my birth certificate, but don't feel it and luckily have pretty good genes too. I've never had kids so maybe that helps. Still don't really feel old enough to be a parent (I am)(and haven't found the right daddy yet).

Looking forward to many more months/years of sharing the Rob love xxxxx
JulieP
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby retrostar » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi all! I'm Athena, I'm twentysomething, live in Florida, and I have a huge crush on this Rob guy that you all are so crazy about... :) I have only found LTR/LTT just this week! I am a forumspaz, so I hope you all look forward to seeing frequent posts by me!

I suck at introducing myself through text... you guys should see my blog intro, it's totally laughable!
retrostar
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby ChanelFanatic » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 am

Hi everyone! I'm a lurker turned member, and umm...I love Twilight! I'm here because this forum seems like a great place for everyone to state their opinion without others trashing them. The last group I was a part of was made up of a bunch of the most hateful people I've ever come across, so I'm hoping to have a better experience here, where I can talk about Rob without people saying mean things :)

Anyway, I'm in college right now and I don't know what to do with my life, even though I graduate shortly. There are three different career paths I'm considering, and I don't know which one's right for me. That's my interesting fact of the day :)
ChanelFanatic
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby TLG » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:08 pm

Mark it down - December 1, 2009 I popped my LTT/LTR Forum cherry! I have been visiting and commenting for a month now so I decided it was time to venture over to the forum. There is no shame left since yesterday I admitted to fantasizing about RP during sex. Nice.

I'm TLG but you can call me T for short. I'm a 30-something mom of 3 kids (ages 7,3, 5mo) and wife of one awesome husband (who looks nothing like Rob but sorta like Eric on Entourage). I'm firmly on Team Edward but can appreciate a buff pup and I'm also deeeep in the Twicloset. UC and Moon are like my dealers now.

Thanks!
TLG
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby robzanne » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:21 am

hi guys, i may be new but def up to speed having spent the last 3 days trawling through this wonderful site of robness...

My username is my interpretation of the robsten thing - robzann has a much better ring to it dont you think

i am single which i now understand has entirely to do with my expectations of a perfect man - Edward Cullen, and ill take all the stalker tendancies, and the tweed, its cute! - i may remain single as a result of my obsession with the said Rob Pattinson.

For the avoidance of doubt I am def team Edward (and have just ordered the skinny fit t-shirt to prove it!!!) - , in the words of our heroine (uuggh) "dont make me choose, ill choose him, its always been him" - Jacob just doesnt do it for me , although second showing of new moon he irritated me slightly less and the abs inpressed slightly more, he does not compare with my pasty faced love though!!!

x x x x xx x
Last edited by robzanne on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robzanne
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Stalker Cousin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:55 pm

Well hello,

Okay so I've been stalking :twisted: (hence the username) this website for about 3 months now & think it's the best self-help twi-crack-addict website around! You gals rock!

I grew-up & still live on the 'other' coast of dull, dark, & unpredictable weather, which is the great state of Maine. I'm 34, married to a wonderful rEDWARDneck of a husband & we have a 6yr old son, who loves the whole Twilight thing that his Mom is into.

I took my 1st hit of Twilight last December from the on-going peer-pressure from my younger cousin, who knew me oh too well. I couldn't put the book down & couldn't wait to complete the series. I quietly kept my obsession of all things Twilight, RPatz, & Jacob to myself until finally my other cousin, who is the same age as me 8-) took her 1st hit this past September. Of course she was hooked on her 1st hit & is now has passionately joined this fun obsession & great fantasy of the Twi-World!! (I'm so happy to share it with someone close to me too; I'm not crazy after all-phew!)

So there you go :D my quick re-cap of why I'm here. Oh! & here is a new bonus for me. I let my sister, who is my sweet innocent Christian/Bible living sibling, borrow my books over the holidays & she is so hooked that she's already reading my favorite book Eclipse & it's only been 5 days! Another one 'bites' the books!! :twisted:

-Stalker Cousin
Stalker Cousin
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby mooch » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:16 am

Hi All, I'm Emma or Mooch as my fiance so affectionately calls me! I live just outside of London and had this site recommended to me by someone I met when I went to a special screening of New Moon a couple of weeks ago!

I started reading the first book 2 years ago, bought it in the airport and then my holiday got completely overtaken by my love of this book, so much so that I paid about three times the price to buy the other two books in English on the island we were staying on, which were released at the time, just so I could read them while I was away. Very much Team Edward but have to say in New Moon I did end up 'awwing' several times at the Jacob scenes!

Getting married in July next year so my life is currently swamped with Wedding stuff so it's nice to escape all the madness and enter the Twilight world on-line! :)
mooch
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Tehambient0n3 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi, I'm Jamie. Its not my real name, its a high school nickname, actually.
There were 5 (count 'em, 5!) girls in my HS with the same name as mine, and its not actually a very common name. After teachers went through the damn calling you by your last name phase (which didn't sound right with my last name) and then doing the "___ a and ____ b and you're ____ c" when I finally stood up and said "Give me a different name then!". A good friend of mine piped up with "You look like a Jamie" and it stuck.

I'm 23. I'm a Sagittarius (my birthday is actually this Sat....)and I'm a single mom battling through the court system w/ my ex at the moment. My son is 3 and amazing. He is disabled but has pulled through every operation with flying colors. And happens to be way too smart for his age which kinda counter balances the special needs :P He's a Taurus.

When I'm not doing Rob Stuff or Twilight Stuff I'm a tarot reader. I love astrology, Tarot, gemstones, and more.
I have a pet chinchilla named Potato (my son named him) and my son has a 13 lb female Maine-Coone cat (His cat. I don't really like cats) named Kahlua. I am a Witch, and sometimes teach classes (History, witchcraft 101 basics, spiritual communication, wand making, and Tarot) at my local shop, which is a blast!

I'm more into Rob then I am into Twilight. Its really hard to like a book when you don't like the main character. Jasper is probably my favorite Cullen. I was introduced to Twilight last May when a co-worker at the funeral home I sometimes assist at basically forced the book at me. She had been up for the past four nights reading the entire series. Now she isn't into them as much anymore and has moved on to something else. Rob I've been a fan of since Harry Potter.

I hope that was a long enough introduction! :)

- Jamie
"Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
- Steven Wright
Tehambient0n3
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby JenKB » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jennifer (original, I know, but I suppose it’s better than having a unique name like say, Renesmee, but I digress…). Feel free to call me Jen or JenKB or JKB. I am relatively new to the world that is Twilight. I picked up my reserved copy of Twilight from my local library on Thursday, November 12 (has it really only been a month?), and I just can’t seem to get enough. After reading (and re-reading the books) and watching the movies (thus far), I searched the Web for all that I could on the subject and was lucky enough to have found LTT and LTR. I’ve really enjoyed catching up on everything and am now thrilled to officially join the community and add my two cents where I may.

A little about me. I’m a 31-year old accountant, recently married, no kids, but have a happy puppy dog named Maximus (Max, for short). I grew up in the greater Los Angeles area, but I’ve lived all over California over the last 10 years. I most recently moved to the San Diego area (2 months) after a 2 year stint in the mountains of Mammoth Lakes, CA. Outside the world that is Twilight, I enjoy cooking. My favorite dishes to make are lasagna, linguine with shrimp scampi and grilled ahi tuna steaks with fresh basil pesto (New Moon DVD dinner party, anyone??) I also enjoy dinner parties, wine tasting, movies, reading (obviously), concerts, theatre. I like my coffee with cream, no sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Nothing too out of the norm (except for my new Twilight hobby).

Anyway, not many of my friends are as interested in Twilight like I am, so it’s nice to come here and be a part of the group. I am happy to virtually meet each of you.
ImageImageImageImageImage
JenKB
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Postby loving40s » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:32 pm

I'm a latecomer to the Twilight and Rob craze. Until right before New Moon came out last month, I knew almost nothing about Twilight or Rob. Sure, I had a peripheral knowledge of it all. . .I haven't been living on another planet after all. There was a glance at a magazine cover of 'Edward & Bella' (didn't know it was edward & bella at the time, of course) and maybe I caught a trailer on TV for Twilight last year. I knew it was a vampire/love story/teenager thing and that it was based on some books. But I was a new business owner, mother of three kids, super busy....no time for teen fiction or really any kind of fiction! So I lived my life in twilight ignorance until the New Moon press junket began. I began seeing New Moon stuff (and Rob's hotness) everywhere. Suddenly, I couldn't ignore it anymore. "What the hell is this all about?!" I asked myself, "This thing is huge; maybe I ought to check it out." After all, I have always had a thing for vampires. . .George Hamilton was a hottie in "Love at First Bite" when I was a teen. Yes, I'm giving away my age with that statement. That's ok....I'm 41 and loving it...thus my screen name Loving40s. And I was an English major and had to take a semester of Teen Literature. I read about 30 books of adolescent lit and loved it all!

Ok, that's it....I ran to walmart and bought Twilight. I began reading...and reading....and reading. THAT IS WHEN IT BEGAN! I couldn't stop. My house now looked like a cyclone had hit, my work began to pile up (i work from home), and I began to spend more time on the internet than I have in the past 5 years combined googling all things Twilight. Ok, so that wasn't completely weird. I love to read and though I haven't allowed myself that indulgence very often since i became a mother 11 years ago, I have on occassion lost myself in a good book and done nothing but read until the book is finished. That's normal. But as I googled all things Twilight, of course, I came across many pictures and videos of Rob Pattinson. This is when it began....WHO IS THIS MAN!? He cannot be only 23 - he seems so much older. I'd seen pictures of him before (pre-twilight discovery)...thought he was handsome but never really took a second look.

BUt after seeing/reading about a 100 interviews of him, I was bedazzled. Obviously he is beyond handsome, sexy, physcially desirable. But "my problem" began when I began to get know him in his interviews. This is when the spell began. His laugh, his sense of humor, his down to earth way of talking with the interviewers, his talent, his thoughtful, real answers, his love for music and reading while not good at sports (hmmm, that sounds familiar). I could not get enough of him. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? I have not had this kind of reaction to a celebrity since I was 15! I'm serious! As an adult, I have had the hots for Brad Pitt and Matthew McConaughey, but I never googled them or read every interview on earth. If I happened to catch a picture or interview, I'd think OMG he's so hot, but that was it. I'm not normally a 'star struck' kind of gal. But this Robert Pattinson creature has somehow cast a spell on me and I'm acting like I"M 15 again. I don't have TIME to act like I'm 15! Really, right now as I type this, I have about 7 important things I should be doing instead. It's actually pissing me off that I can't seem to control myself.

Ok, so back to Twilight. As soon as I finished it, I ran out and bought the rest of the books and inhaled them all in less than a week. I went to see New Moon opening weekend by myself. So I love the Twilight story - it is great escapism - but I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with Twilight. I don't read the fan fiction; I would never go to a Twilight convention or Twilight Cruise. Of course, I adore the character Edward...he's perfect. But it is Robert that I am gaga over. This is my little secret. Only my husband knows that I love Twilight because I barely spoke to him while I read all four books! and he actaully watched Twilight with me and he liked it! And he knows I think Robert is hot, but that is the extent of it as far s he knows. Nobody knows that I google Robert every morning to find out what he's' up to, that I look at pictures or video of him everyday just so I can feel closer to him, that I think about him incessantly. Driving down the street, shopping, doing the dishes....He's always there. It is like when you are dating somebody new and falling in love and you think about them all the time!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS! :oops: I SOUND like a crazy stalker obsessed weirdo who can't get a grip on reality. But actaully I am a college degreed business owner with no history of mental illness (thank you very much) who has been married for 12 years and has 3 boys, ages 11, 9, and 6. And I have NEVER been attracted to a man in his early 20's. What is THAT?! Yes, I can look at younger men and even teens like Taylor Lautner and think 'He's adorable; I can see why the girls like him" and that is it! Zac Effron...cutie pie...but only a boy in my eyes. But Rob...to me he doesn't look or act 23! And then today in my search for my Rob addiction fix, I stubled upon LTR. I laughed so hard reading some of your posts, especially an older thread from May about Rob & cougars. OMG, I am not alone! Others I can talk to who won't think I have lost my mind! And sorry for the HUGE introduction but it was more for me than for you all....I have had all this pent up in me for awhile with nobody to talk to so it was a bit cathartic to write. I found Twilight Moms but that wasn't the right fit because I'm Robsessed not Twilight obsessed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rob, I'd like to show you why 40's are fabulous!
loving40s
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Kymz » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Well Hello there!

My name is Kymberly or Kymz for short {if you had figured that out already} Im 23 and Im from South Wales.

Ive been reading LTT/LTR for just about 10/11 months now I think. This is the first time ive come out of the closet as it were {although not in that sense} by actually signing up here and replying as Im normally just a lurker.

I've actually been a Rob fan longer than I've been a Twilight fan.

I've been a Twilight fan for I think over 1 year and a half now. When I first starting getting into the whole thing, you could not get the books - or in fact, get anyone who had heard of it where I live. I had to go further a-field to actually get a copy of the books.
Love is like the wind. You can't see it but you can feel it.
Kymz
107 Year Old Virgin

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Meet the Virgins