A New Year
A New Start
“Be the change you wish to see in the world” –Mahatma Gandhi
So I'm going to keep this thread going (I've been bad I know but I'll do better I promise!) and actually offer up a "challenge" for anyone and everyone. It's based on what a friend did last year on this blog Dare to Dream but me in my busy "single person" life didn't fit the guidelines. I've amended it to allow the single girls some point earning and incorporated some fun Twilight/LTT/LTR ideas. You'll earn points (10 points per day, total of 70 points per week) and it's an honor system, up to you to enter your point totals in the google spreadsheet by Sunday night. If you want to be included, all you have to do is go to this Google Spreadsheet and enter the information requested. I'll communicate through here and we'll start off with 12 weeks (to March 28th) and see where we end up. If it's going well and we can make it to the Eclipse premiere in June that's what I'd love to shoot for!
Why would you do this? other then it's cool and you want to be one of the cool kids? The person with the most points will get a prize, not sure what yet... will figure that out. If there's a tie, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Points are earned for the following activities:
- 1) Sleep 7 hrs/per night (Naps can take up the slack)
2) Drink 64 oz. water
3) Exercise 20 minutes
4) Be ready to present myself to the world by 11am
5) Eat 3 servings of fruit or 2 servings of vegetables
6) Enjoy no more then two (2) small treats/per day
7) Take 20 minutes for yourself AWAY from the TV & computer. Taking a walk by yourself, working on a goal (like unpacking a box or getting clothes ready for goodwill or spending 20 min organizing your day or a craft room etc), reading to your kids, etc... You decide.
8) Pay an unsolicited compliment
9) Finish eating by 10 pm
10) Wild Card - this will change every week
1. Because we need a day of rest, one day a week, you get the exercise point if you substitute the exercise for something in-kind, like a nap, reading a book.
2. You will receive 4 sick days. On the sick days, substitute sleep for both exercise AND make myself presentable to the world by 11am.
3. On your birthday, you receive the full 10 points when you spend at least an 1 1/2 hours doing something that is very nurturing to you. (If you're birthday isn't in the first 3 months of the year, we'll celebrate your 1/2 or 1/4 birthday)
- Week 1:(Jan 4-10) If you're in and going to do the challenge, Post an intro about yourself in this thread. Please include 1) your fave Twi actor, 2) your fav Twi character 3) how many times you've read the books & 4) how many times you've seen New Moon
Week 2: (Jan 11-17)Post a personal photo to the thread, not of you (unless you want to) but something that is personal, like a goal of a dress you're trying to fit in to or a picture of your craft room you're going to tackle.
Week 3: (Jan 18-24) Wash the dishes/clean up the kitchen sink before going to bed.
Week 4: (Jan 25-31) Make your meals. For some this might be easy but for those like me who don't like cooking for one, Don't "Eat Out" or do "Take Out" this week.
Week 5:(Feb 1-7) Taylor turns 18 next week. Do something this week you haven't done since you were 18. If you're 18, then do something you've NEVER done before.
Week 6: (Feb 8-14) It's Valentine's Day, Don't gorge on Chocolates! Get a point for sending a Valentine PM through LTT each day to someone who has less posts then you do (IE if you're Taylor's work out buddy send a PM to someone who is a Buttcrack Santa) Try to do someone you may not know well, make a new friend. If you're a Virgin, find someone who's newer then you!
Week 7: (Feb 15-21) Wild Card of your choosing but you must post in here and tell us what it is and why it deserves a wild card point.
Week 8: (Feb 22-28) Make your bed by 10am
Week 9: (March 1-7) Find another LTT friend who has a blog and comment on their blog. This means, find 7 blogs other the LTT/LTR and comment. There are lots of them, I promise!
Week 10: (March 8-14) You earn all 7 points when you buy one new piece of underwear, whether bra, sports bra, panties or even something SMEXY! This is to remind us that even though no one can see what we are wearing, we know we are wearing it -- and it feels great!
Week 11: (March 15-21) St. Patrick's Day - This one is EASY, wear something Green every day this week!
Week 12: (March 22-28) You earn all 7 points when you buy the New Moon DVD (rumored to be the end of March, if it's later, I'll amend)
QUESTIONS? Let me know! PM me if you'd like.