Go to footer

Be a BIG looser in 2010! RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Be a BIG looser in 2010! RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE

Postby emmeloowhoo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:27 pm

Right in the mix of the holidays everyone eats, everyone makes goals.
A New Year
A New Start

“Be the change you wish to see in the world” –Mahatma Gandhi

So I'm going to keep this thread going (I've been bad I know but I'll do better I promise!) and actually offer up a "challenge" for anyone and everyone. It's based on what a friend did last year on this blog Dare to Dream but me in my busy "single person" life didn't fit the guidelines. I've amended it to allow the single girls some point earning and incorporated some fun Twilight/LTT/LTR ideas. You'll earn points (10 points per day, total of 70 points per week) and it's an honor system, up to you to enter your point totals in the google spreadsheet by Sunday night. If you want to be included, all you have to do is go to this Google Spreadsheet and enter the information requested. I'll communicate through here and we'll start off with 12 weeks (to March 28th) and see where we end up. If it's going well and we can make it to the Eclipse premiere in June that's what I'd love to shoot for!

Why would you do this? other then it's cool and you want to be one of the cool kids? The person with the most points will get a prize, not sure what yet... will figure that out. If there's a tie, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Points are earned for the following activities:
    1) Sleep 7 hrs/per night (Naps can take up the slack)
    2) Drink 64 oz. water
    3) Exercise 20 minutes
    4) Be ready to present myself to the world by 11am
    5) Eat 3 servings of fruit or 2 servings of vegetables
    6) Enjoy no more then two (2) small treats/per day
    7) Take 20 minutes for yourself AWAY from the TV & computer. Taking a walk by yourself, working on a goal (like unpacking a box or getting clothes ready for goodwill or spending 20 min organizing your day or a craft room etc), reading to your kids, etc... You decide.
    8) Pay an unsolicited compliment
    9) Finish eating by 10 pm
    10) Wild Card - this will change every week

Notes:
1. Because we need a day of rest, one day a week, you get the exercise point if you substitute the exercise for something in-kind, like a nap, reading a book.
2. You will receive 4 sick days. On the sick days, substitute sleep for both exercise AND make myself presentable to the world by 11am.
3. On your birthday, you receive the full 10 points when you spend at least an 1 1/2 hours doing something that is very nurturing to you. (If you're birthday isn't in the first 3 months of the year, we'll celebrate your 1/2 or 1/4 birthday)

Wild Card
    Week 1:(Jan 4-10) If you're in and going to do the challenge, Post an intro about yourself in this thread. Please include 1) your fave Twi actor, 2) your fav Twi character 3) how many times you've read the books & 4) how many times you've seen New Moon
    Week 2: (Jan 11-17)Post a personal photo to the thread, not of you (unless you want to) but something that is personal, like a goal of a dress you're trying to fit in to or a picture of your craft room you're going to tackle.
    Week 3: (Jan 18-24) Wash the dishes/clean up the kitchen sink before going to bed.
    Week 4: (Jan 25-31) Make your meals. For some this might be easy but for those like me who don't like cooking for one, Don't "Eat Out" or do "Take Out" this week.
    Week 5:(Feb 1-7) Taylor turns 18 next week. Do something this week you haven't done since you were 18. If you're 18, then do something you've NEVER done before.
    Week 6: (Feb 8-14) It's Valentine's Day, Don't gorge on Chocolates! Get a point for sending a Valentine PM through LTT each day to someone who has less posts then you do (IE if you're Taylor's work out buddy send a PM to someone who is a Buttcrack Santa) Try to do someone you may not know well, make a new friend. If you're a Virgin, find someone who's newer then you!
    Week 7: (Feb 15-21) Wild Card of your choosing but you must post in here and tell us what it is and why it deserves a wild card point.
    Week 8: (Feb 22-28) Make your bed by 10am
    Week 9: (March 1-7) Find another LTT friend who has a blog and comment on their blog. This means, find 7 blogs other the LTT/LTR and comment. There are lots of them, I promise!
    Week 10: (March 8-14) You earn all 7 points when you buy one new piece of underwear, whether bra, sports bra, panties or even something SMEXY! This is to remind us that even though no one can see what we are wearing, we know we are wearing it -- and it feels great!
    Week 11: (March 15-21) St. Patrick's Day - This one is EASY, wear something Green every day this week!
    Week 12: (March 22-28) You earn all 7 points when you buy the New Moon DVD (rumored to be the end of March, if it's later, I'll amend)

QUESTIONS? Let me know! PM me if you'd like.
ImageImageImageImageImage
All's Fair in Love & Twilight
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Re: Be a BIG looser in 2010! RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE

Postby emmeloowhoo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:30 pm

And because I'm closing the other BL thread, I'm bringing the latest comment over which actually got me thinking about the whole Resolutionary Challenge...

Dazzling Tiara wrote:I know I am jumping into this thread way late given that is mid-December and the NM premier was weeks ago, but I had made the decision that I am going to run a 5k in 2010 and what better way to kick off the training than to declare it somewhere! ;) I am NOT a runner. My husband runs regularly and has done many races including a marathon. While I don't ever seen myself getting to that point, I would like to run a 5k. I have a rather "significant" birthday next year and I think that is the main reason I have this idea in my head.

I have just started working on the treadmill using the Couch to 5k schedule ("just" as in last week). So far, so good. Anyone else out there trying to get their act together in 2010 for their first 5k?

DT, good luck with the 5K! I hope that goes well and remember, Age is just a number...
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby robsten4life » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Wowza Emme that is quite ambitious!! but altogether a fantabulous idea, I can't wait, it always makes me stick to it a little more if I can keep track of it!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life
Jackson's Riding Instructor

Postby emmeloowhoo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:47 pm

robsten4life wrote:Wowza Emme that is quite ambitious!! but altogether a fantabulous idea, I can't wait, it always makes me stick to it a little more if I can keep track of it!!

Yes, maybe a bit ambitious but the way I look at it? I get out of bed and am dressed by 11 so there's 1 point. The Wild Card's are easy, 2 points, I love sleep 7 hours is easy, 3 points, I drink lots of water, 4 points... I'm at 40% and i haven't even worked at it yet! Hopefully others will think the tasks are easy too!
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby robzanne » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:58 am

emmeloowhoo wrote:
robsten4life wrote:Wowza Emme that is quite ambitious!! but altogether a fantabulous idea, I can't wait, it always makes me stick to it a little more if I can keep track of it!!

Yes, maybe a bit ambitious but the way I look at it? I get out of bed and am dressed by 11 so there's 1 point. The Wild Card's are easy, 2 points, I love sleep 7 hours is easy, 3 points, I drink lots of water, 4 points... I'm at 40% and i haven't even worked at it yet! Hopefully others will think the tasks are easy too!

woooo , ill play im going to re-read and digest after turkey thou x x
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robzanne
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:58 am

Emme, this is a fantastic idea! I was just thinking the last couple of days that after the holiday, I've GOT to make some changes.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby emmeloowhoo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:44 pm

lori_seals wrote:Emme, this is a fantastic idea! I was just thinking the last couple of days that after the holiday, I've GOT to make some changes.

YAY! Thanks dear! I saw you signed up already! woo hoo!

I think this will be a great jumping off point, a place to keep track and be supportive for others! I have a short term goal in mind to reach by Jan 23 so this will help!
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby cedvanhalen » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Woah. I've never been on the forum before. woot.

Anyways, I'm getting in on this. I've been saying that I need to do something at the beginning of the year, and this sounds brilliant.
ImageImageImageImage
Because Silly Face Rob= Best Rob.
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:52 pm

cedvanhalen wrote:Woah. I've never been on the forum before. woot.

Anyways, I'm getting in on this. I've been saying that I need to do something at the beginning of the year, and this sounds brilliant.

WOOT! welcome to the forum! we're not scary!
Glad you can play along with us!

It's all for a better "Twi-You"
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby SeattleLisa » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:37 pm

This challenge just pulled me out of Lurkdom. I'm about to leave for vacation but will post the week 1 Wild Card info when I return on 1/4.

Merry Christmas, All.
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby littleredfiat » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:51 am

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, Happy Holidays!
Still undecided about the Challenge, but if I understand emme correctly, we can still use this thread like before. So I'm posting another running, this time walking picture, with my never giving up bf who has Leukemia. From this morning, unintentionally in bw. I'm on the left.
littleredfiat
Friend of The Tuck

Postby emmeloowhoo » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:09 pm

littleredfiat wrote:Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, Happy Holidays!
Still undecided about the Challenge, but if I understand emme correctly, we can still use this thread like before. So I'm posting another running, this time walking picture, with my never giving up bf who has Leukemia.

LRF, of course we can still use this for other motivations.

If you want to do the challenge great or be here and be supportive for everyone else that has decided to do it.

Hope you all have a wonderful happy new year...
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:05 pm

1 week! one week left until we start are challenge! are you in? be in be in!
be part of the in crowd!
Taylor says do the challenge!
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby Sparklegirl » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:13 pm

I am in! :D
Just put myself of the spreadsheet :D
ImageImage
Sparklegirl
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:14 pm

64oz of water??!?!?! You crazy! I don't drink 64oz in a day with everything combined!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby emmeloowhoo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:31 pm

JodieO wrote:64oz of water??!?!?! You crazy! I don't drink 64oz in a day with everything combined!

You don't? are you part camel?
Water is good for you!
Drinking Water helps you lose weight!
64 oz is only four bottles of water...
A recent study found that people who drank water before meals ate an average of 75 fewer calories at that meal. This may not seem like much, but if you ate 75 fewer calories at lunch and dinner for the next year, you could lose about 14½ pounds! In addition, being even 1 percent dehydrated can cause a significant drop in metabolism, which can also interfere with weight loss.

Read the rest of the arcticle at CNN.com

see... even Rob likes water :)
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:02 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:
JodieO wrote:64oz of water??!?!?! You crazy! I don't drink 64oz in a day with everything combined!

Water is good for you!

I drink an 8oz carton of OJ in the morning, and a 12oz coffee, then a glass of something throughout the evening. *Maybe* a 16oz drink of some sort, though I rarely finish it. Except on Sunday when for some reason I must drink 90 liters of soda.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby robsten4life » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:08 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:

Water is good for you!
A recent study found that people who drank water before meals ate an average of 75 fewer calories at that meal. This may not seem like much, but if you ate 75 fewer calories at lunch and dinner for the next year, you could lose about 14½ pounds! In addition, being even 1 percent dehydrated can cause a significant drop in metabolism, which can also interfere with weight loss.

Read the rest of the arcticle at CNN.com

Drinking water definitely helps me control how much I eat. I try and drink a huge glass before and during each meal and it really helps limit how much I eat. And when I'm hungry in between meals I do the same thing. Sometimes I get sick of water so when at work I'll drink a liter of water but when I get home I'll switch over to a flavor of crystal light which is as close to water as you can get just to switch it up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life

Postby JenKB » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:48 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:Right in the mix of the holidays everyone eats, everyone makes goals.
A New Year
A New Start

“Be the change you wish to see in the world” –Mahatma Gandhi

So I'm going to keep this thread going (I've been bad I know but I'll do better I promise!) and actually offer up a "challenge" for anyone and everyone. It's based on what a friend did last year on this blog Dare to Dream but me in my busy "single person" life didn't fit the guidelines. I've amended it to allow the single girls some point earning and incorporated some fun Twilight/LTT/LTR ideas. You'll earn points (10 points per day, total of 70 points per week) and it's an honor system, up to you to enter your point totals in the google spreadsheet by Sunday night. If you want to be included, all you have to do is go to this Google Spreadsheet and enter the information requested. I'll communicate through here and we'll start off with 12 weeks (to March 28th) and see where we end up. If it's going well and we can make it to the Eclipse premiere in June that's what I'd love to shoot for!

Why would you do this? other then it's cool and you want to be one of the cool kids? The person with the most points will get a prize, not sure what yet... will figure that out. If there's a tie, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Points are earned for the following activities:
    1) Sleep 7 hrs/per night (Naps can take up the slack)
    2) Drink 64 oz. water
    3) Exercise 20 minutes
    4) Be ready to present myself to the world by 11am
    5) Eat 3 servings of fruit or 2 servings of vegetables
    6) Enjoy no more then two (2) small treats/per day
    7) Take 20 minutes for yourself AWAY from the TV & computer. Taking a walk by yourself, working on a goal (like unpacking a box or getting clothes ready for goodwill or spending 20 min organizing your day or a craft room etc), reading to your kids, etc... You decide.
    8) Pay an unsolicited compliment
    9) Finish eating by 10 pm
    10) Wild Card - this will change every week

Oh yay! This is going to be fun. I'm excited to participate.

Forgive me for saying, but the points remind me of "the rules" from the dom/sub relationships in FanFic (i.e. The Submissive, Master of the Universe). I just think it's funny.
:D
JenKB
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Postby Sparklegirl » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Im so excited to get started!
Just a quick question, the regular things have to be done once a day to get the points for the week, do the wildcard ones have to as well? It says about commenting on 7 different blogs?
ImageImage
Sparklegirl
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby emmeloowhoo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:55 pm

Sparklegirl wrote:Im so excited to get started!
Just a quick question, the regular things have to be done once a day to get the points for the week, do the wildcard ones have to as well? It says about commenting on 7 different blogs?

Some of the wild cards are each day do something... some are do it once get the points for the whole week...
week 1 is an intro, doing that once is sufficient, no need to post 7 introductions. you can keep posting but you understand, however week 3 is kitchen sink before bed, that is every night... the post on 7 blogs is find 1 a day for every day that week... not 7 blogs every day...

Hope that makes sense...

Wild Card
    Week 1:(Jan 4-10) If you're in and going to do the challenge, Post an intro about yourself in this thread. Please include 1) your fave Twi actor, 2) your fav Twi character 3) how many times you've read the books & 4) how many times you've seen New Moon
    Week 2: (Jan 11-17)Post a personal photo to the thread, not of you (unless you want to) but something that is personal, like a goal of a dress you're trying to fit in to or a picture of your craft room you're going to tackle.
    Week 3: (Jan 18-24) Wash the dishes/clean up the kitchen sink before going to bed.
    Week 4: (Jan 25-31) Make your meals. For some this might be easy but for those like me who don't like cooking for one, Don't "Eat Out" or do "Take Out" this week.
    Week 5:(Feb 1-7) Taylor turns 18 next week. Do something this week you haven't done since you were 18. If you're 18, then do something you've NEVER done before.
    Week 6: (Feb 8-14) It's Valentine's Day, Don't gorge on Chocolates! Get a point for sending a Valentine PM through LTT each day to someone who has less posts then you do (IE if you're Taylor's work out buddy send a PM to someone who is a Buttcrack Santa) Try to do someone you may not know well, make a new friend. If you're a Virgin, find someone who's newer then you!
    Week 7: (Feb 15-21) Wild Card of your choosing but you must post in here and tell us what it is and why it deserves a wild card point.
    Week 8: (Feb 22-28) Make your bed by 10am
    Week 9: (March 1-7) Find another LTT friend who has a blog and comment on their blog. This means, find 7 blogs other the LTT/LTR and comment. There are lots of them, I promise!
    Week 10: (March 8-14) You earn all 7 points when you buy one new piece of underwear, whether bra, sports bra, panties or even something SMEXY! This is to remind us that even though no one can see what we are wearing, we know we are wearing it -- and it feels great!
    Week 11: (March 15-21) St. Patrick's Day - This one is EASY, wear something Green every day this week!
    Week 12: (March 22-28) You earn all 7 points when you buy the New Moon DVD (rumored to be the end of March, if it's later, I'll amend)
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby emmeloowhoo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:43 am

Since I'm still up and most of you are asleep or just going to wake up (the UK/Europe girls) I figured I'd start off with my wild card intro and get the thread going... that and i'll hope to sleep in until at least 9...

So, Hi, My name is Emme and I've been on LTT officially since the summer but I'd been lurking a few months before joining the forums.

My fav Twi Actor is Jackson and not because he's my fav actor but Jasper/Alice are my fav Twi Characters...
It's true I love them...
i'm trying to figure if I should be shocked or not at how nippy Ashley is in this photo or the fact that Jackson is totally looking. Are all of these guys boob guys? ;)

Someone else writes the date each time they finish the book in the front cover. That's a brilliant idea to keep track because i'm not sure if it's 3 or 4 times. it might be 4 for Twilight & New Moon and 3 for Eclipse and maybe 2 for Breaking Dawn... It depends on my mood and what else i'm reading.

As far as # of times I've seen New Moon, Officially only once. Opening day in the theatre... However, R4L shared links to youtube where I enjoyed it again last week while I was temping.

So there you go, all about me if a few sentences. Can't wait to get to know the rest of you and be supportive as we all aim to become better versions of us!

xox
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby lori_seals » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:11 am

Hello! I'm Lori. I've been around here for a few months now, I guess.

My fave Twi actor is clearly Rob. ♥ But my fave Twi character is a toss up between Edward and Alice. I just can't pick. I love them both.

I've read the Series 3 times and seen New Moon twice in the theater and once online. ;)
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby robsten4life » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:10 am

Hi my name is Melissa and I'm a forum addict, I officially joined in May, a week or so before the MTV movie awards but have lurked since the forum started.

My favorite Twi actor is most definitely Rob with Kristen and Kellan tied for a close second. My favorite character is a bit harder to answer, I really love them all and I love their dynamics. I guess if I had to pick I'd say Bella, they are her books after all, with Edward and Emmett in close seconds (see a trend here, I like the actor and their character)

I am currently on my fourth read of the series, so I've read Twilight and NM 4 times and Eclipse and BD 3 times. I have only seen NM once.
robsten4life

Postby robsten4life » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:18 am

Emme I have a question, for #7
Take 20 minutes for yourself AWAY from the TV & computer. Taking a walk by yourself, working on a goal (like unpacking a box or getting clothes ready for goodwill or spending 20 min organizing your day or a craft room etc), reading to your kids, etc... You decide.

I have a 45 min commute to/from work where I sit on the train and read a book/listen to music does this count?

I wasn't sure because it's something I'm forced into, but I do enjoy having the time virtually to myself (even though there are lots of people around me)
robsten4life

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser