Moon & I were talking yesterday about our “plans” now that Twilight is winding down. What do we want to talk about still? What haven’t we shared? What is there left to do that we said we always would and never did?
And we got sad. We knew this day was coming, but it seems to have snuck up on us.
How did we attend our last Twilight premiere? Did Jackson really end his Twilight red-carpet run looking finneee? Did we actually NOT get our hug from Big Daddy Lautner? Are Rob’s teeth REALLY that yellow?
But as much as we hate it, our time at LTT is coming to a close. This isn’t good-bye, yet (and it never truly will be, you can’t escape us– the fun has been happening over at http://thats-normal.com. Have you been over there yet?) but it is a good time to reminisce and to sing “We are the Rob” around our virtual campfire one last time.
And that’s where you come in.
We need your help. We want to collect YOUR Twilight stories. How has Twilight changed your life? Or what has our little LTT community in the fandom meant to you? Write us your very last “Letter to Twilight”
Send us your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “#RIPTwilight.” It can be as short as you want (just a sentence or two? Cool) Or as long as 500 words. Include a picture if you can and your commenter name.
We can’t wait to read your last Letter to Twilight & share a few others we’re collecting along the way.
UC & Moon
PS: Forgot to tell you we posed in “The Meadow” at the after-party after the Breaking Dawn part 2 Premiere. #thatsnormal
It’s that time of year when we recap the previous year & look back at our resolutions from 2011 & rate HOW we did. Are UC & Moon winning or are those people who want us to fail succeeding in their quest to bring down LTT & all who go with it? First started in 2008 with: Resolutions we promise to keep longer than a week, then followed up with our Resolutions for 2010 and picking up last year with our Year in Review and 2011 Resolutions, let’s recap our resolutions for this past year and take a look at what 2012 might have to bring!
We WON the resolution for most random Twi picture EVER!
1. Breaking Dawn Part 1 (and 2) RED CARPET! – We’re starting our recap off with a big HECK YES WE DID THAT! Who could forget that chilly LA evening when Moon did LTT proud & got hit on by actors whose names we forget while doing everything she could to get Rob’s attention. We were so proud of our girl, and as I stood shivering in my section of the carpet getting pictures with Billy Black and NOT Jackson (intentionally- did I tell you that story? No?) I thought of how PROUD I was that we could yell a big HALE YES to this resolution (no seriously– as I was standing there in the presence of Rob, Stephenie & that guy from Revenge, I thought about this blog post. That’s Normal) Verdit= WIN
UC/Moon- 1 People who want us to fail- 0
2. Meet Big Daddy – Sadly, this was the 2nd year where we failed at this resolution. Does the universe really not want us to meet the greatest Big Daddy in all the land? Verdit= FAIL! UC/Moon- 1 People who want us to fail- 1
3. Make another appearance at this year’s Comic Con in San Diego. Not only did LTT have represntation at 2011 Comic Con but Moon CAMPED OUT OVERNIGHT. Oh yes, she broke her own personal code of “I will never ever camp out for any thing unless it’s Justin Timberlake related” for US. And has been filled with 2nd hand embarrassment over the fandom since. Verdit= WIN UC/Moon- 2 People who want us to fail- 1
4. Since UC got to meet and interview Jackson Rathbone and be bequeathed the most unfortunate name of: Superfan, Moon too must undergo the embarrassment of being called Twilight Superfan in 2011 by interviewing Kellan Lutz or another 2nd tier cast member. Well, it wasn’t Kellan Lutz or Jackson Rathbone, but does NOT talking to Mike Welch while trying to get Rob’s attention count?? I think so!
Verdit=WIN! UC/Moon- 3 People who want us to fail- 1
5. Host another LTT blow out shin dig during the premiere week of Breaking Dawn Part 1! Preferably with karaoke because “Back to December” will NEVER sound as good as it would at an LTT party after drinking Cougarita’s or Mr. Choice’s special concoction called “Bella’s Blood.” Oh host a shindig we did!!! While this year’s party wasn’t as big as last year’s party, we did have better door prizes. I mean a Twilight flat iron? And stuff from the LTT store? HECK YES! And Mr. Choice made his Bella’s Blood again.. and of course to make his “I’m the best bartender in the world” big head even bigger, it was the first drink we ran out of! Verdit= WIN! UC/Moon- 4 People who want us to fail- 1
6. Infiltrate the set of Breaking Dawn for some sort of exclusive access. The people who wanted us to fail won out on this one! We had absolutely NOTHING that resembled a Breaking Dawn set visit. Verdit= FAIL! UC/Moon- 4 People who want us to fail- 2
7. Go to Venice Beach, break into Cathi’s groovy beach pad and steal THE AUDITION TAPE so that we can finally put to rest her claims of their amazing chemistry for what it really is: 2 awkward young adults making out on an old ladies bed while she tapes it. Hahaha this resolution STILL makes me laugh & while I wish more than ANYTHING we could tell you we have an end of the year surprise- a screening of THE AUDITION tape starting at 12 am on New Years Day, sadly, we stayed far, far away from Venice Beach and all forms of TGIFridays. Or wait…. did I ever tell you about the time that our Belgian LTT friends Alice & Bella from the long gone (SAD) site Not an Addikt visited New York City & I met them for the day? And we ended our time with drinks at the, gulp, TGIFridays in TIME SQUARE??? I’m so ashamed for us and all the Asian tourists that were also there. And the sad bartender from Jersey. Verdict= FAIL! UC/Moon- 4 People who want us to fail- 3
Oh would you look at that score card? 4 to 3? Looks like we WON 2011!!!!
After the jump, catch our resolutions for 2012!! Continue…
I had every intention of writing you a letter letting you know I was a little preoccupied with last minute online Christmas shopping & then bill paying (really, Am Ex? Your due on CHRISTMAS EVE?) that I completely forgot to write you a real letter, but then I went into our inbox and read a few recent emails and decided to start a new blog series (content is tough these days, you see) since I have nothing better to do with my time like, say, go to bed, clean my house, or, hey, talk to Mr. Choice… Anyway, it’s called:
Things I wish I could say
In today’s episode, here are a few recent e-mails we/Twilight received & the things I WISH I could say back:
I just wanted you to know that even though I absolutely LOVE the twilight series I will NEVER go see any of the movies ever again. Sunday I took my 11 year old daughter and nephew to see it. My daughter ended up having a seizure during the birthing scene. It was terrifying for us and everyone in the theater! She is absolutely terrified now and doesn’t sleep. I am outraged that knowing these scenes have caused numerous people to have seizures and you still allow the movie to play in the theater. I guess money is everything. my email address is (insert crazy person email address) an x-fan Nancy*
Really, Nancy? REALLY? First of all, did you know you TEXTED that email to us with your ‘neato’ Virgin Mobile phone that seems to call texts “PXTs?” Second of all, you took your eleven year old to see a PG-13 movie? And are pissed that it wasn’t age-appropriate? And the birthing scene was SO terrifying it caused SEIZURES for multiple people? It actually terrified your daughter into a seizure? I hope after her “seizure” you took her to the Doctor who informed you that either #1: She was just a scared 11 year old who saw a movie she should have never seen or #2 She has a serious condition that has nothing to do with a birth scene from a movie. But you left out the most important thing in my email: what did your nephew think?
hi i am a huge fan of your movis and i love taylor lantner oh taylor e-mail me email@example.com or go to my website crazyperson.com can u com to my brithday sleep over i am 16 teen years old please com oh can u try to find a boyfriend ………………..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 rachel
If you’re 16, and the future of America, I’m scared. Hold me. Please. Not because you love Twilight. I love Twilight. Not because you love Taylor Lautner. I don’t, but I get it. But because you spell “come” as “com” (well, it could be worse) and you included a link to your “website” which was NOT actually a real website. and you still have sleepovers. And spell sixteen as 16teen. Actually… on a second read.. you might be brilliant. Because of this very line “Oh can u try to find a boyfriend…….” Even SHE KNOWS Taylor’s little secret!!
Write. Another. Book please they are addicting -Darya
Okay. I. Will.
No seriously we get 1 line emails demanding Stephenie write another book all.the.time. What are people thinking?
Anyway, you know what I’M thinking! What are YOU thinking!?
*all names & email addresses have been changed. Craziness is real
REMINDER: There are 4 auto-play video ads that play sometimes throughout the day. Find them & Mute them (hit the volume button) They will stay muted. Two on the side (or directly below this post) and two all the way at the bottom!
While Moon was busy holding the golden mic & being felt up by a D-lister Red Carpet guest (yes that happened. No, she won’t let me tell you who in fear that one day he’ll be an A-lister and somehow desirable), I was in the “other” corner of the carpet, holding down the LTT fort & getting the Behind the Scenes scoop. This basically means I got to wonder FIRST why the likes of Heather Locklear & Seth Green were there. (Still wondering)
I'm told she's a Kardashian relative
By the time the red carpet attendees got down by me, they had gone through two rows of fans, all the photographers & then the International press. The spot was where they relaxed before going into “major” press interviews. And by “major” I, of course, mean that one 16 year old Kardashian half-sister who was filling in for Ryan Seacrest. The spot is also where the handlers & dates of the celebs congregated while the interviews were being conducted. It was also like a C-list celeb meat market. Everyone was hugging everyone & I can only assume they all knew each other because once they were bad guys or murder victims on the same CSI episode. If I knew who half the people were it would have been fascinating.
Getting my picture with the most important celeb on the carpet
When the crowd thinned a bit, I decided to have a snack. Since I snack like a 3 year old, I pulled a sandwich bag filled with Goldfish crackers out of my Chanel bag. And proceeded to do what I do every time I eat Goldfish crackers. Drop them. If you’re wondering if an orange baked cracker blends in on a dark black carpet, the answer is no.
Finding out that a certain cast member of a certain movie couldn’t pay his rent last month
Seeing Nikki Reed run away from International Press to give her husband, Paul, a big hug, before running back for more interviews. It was adorable. So adorable I thought it deserved a piano ballad:
When Jackson came over, the person to my left got a picture with him and so did the person to my right. When he looked at me wondering if I was going to ask for a picture too, I just smiled and contemplated giving him a high-five or asking to stroke his velvet suit.
Seeing first-hand how little moments that happen can change into these big, fabricated or exaggerated stories. There is this rumor floating around that Kristen and her publicist got in a fight on the carpet & she RIPPED the sharpie out of her publicists hand and ran over to her adoring fans. I caught that moment on film & if talking means fighting & taking a marker your publicist is handing you is RIPPING it from her hands, then yes, that’s exactly what happened:
No Big Daddy in sight
Rob didn’t fall in love with me when he was mere inches from my face. I think he saw the goldfish crackers stuck in my teeth
Taylor gave the International press a thumbs up instead of me
Kristen didn’t throw anything in my face. Neither did a crazed Krisbian on an initiation mission. I was even wearing my “Kristen-hater” Sign* Sigh.. there’s always next year
It was sooo cold. Not just California-cold, but winter jacket cold. And my short lace dress (and no tights) was NOT keeping the warmth in.
I left that night still holding the grenade I was gonna throw at Bruno Mars. I never saw him come down the carpet.
It was incredible night- one I could go on about for hours & hours, but I’ll just leave you with this montage of the random, the weird, the great & the pretty: The REAL Red Carpet:
Yep- just noticed a misspelling in the above video. Too late to care. Oh well! It’ll be a contest. First person to spot the mistake gets a fake prize —-> a photoshoot in Carlisle’s Breaking Dawn wig. Lucky you.
*This is false. I left my sign at home**
**Also false. It’s at my office ***
***Do you get it now? We don’t have a Kristen-hater sign****
****It’s a Build board we took out on the 101. Too bad Nokia line is off the 110*****
*****I could go all day….******
******In case you’re new: All of that is false.
Once upon a time, on May 9th, 1982 to be exact, Mama Moon went into labor. I’m not sure if that was a natural labor, one induced by drugs or if it was long, hard (ugh TWSS) easy or quick. But I know that the labor produced Moon. And life has never been the same.
Moon grew up in Arizona, mere minutes from where a young Stephenie Meyer was imagining the perfect mate who would turn into the fictional Edward Cullen. Coincidence that years later Moon would write about this Edward Cullen & obsess over the man who plays him on film? I think not.
A lot of “stuff” happened in the next few years. Ya know, normal stuff like growing up, learning how to read & write (things that would become very important for a future hobby) and being exposed to great music. Some of Moon’s favorites were: N’Sync, Jimmy Eat World & The Beatles. This love for music led her to a teeny, tiny college in Oklahoma that would surely not prepare her for a career in the music business. But young adulthood is for making silly decisions we don’t understand later in life. And thankfully the lack of provision the teeny, tiny school provided led Moon to look elsewhere to prepare her for her dream job. This led her straight into my arms. Well, sorta.
BFFs FOREVER (but not for like 5 years)
On September 7th, 2002, Moon landed on the tiny island of Martha’s Vineyard to join a group of 30 students for a music “colony” for one semester. Some were there to become better musicians, some were there to produce, some were there to make out with the guy who was assigned as her producer and others were there to manage the careers of the musicians. Moon was there on the management track. [I'll let you guess who the one was who made out with the producer (and the name of that lucky producer*).] This little island was much like another small town we know. It was dead on the off season. There was a diner in town where everyone frequented. The winter was dark. Handsome vampires ran around wooing the objects of their affection. Okay, that didn’t happen but both Moon & I went on to not speak more than 2 sentences to each other the entire semester. But a few years into the future we became the dearest of friends & later started a popular Twilight blog. We have a dreary winter in West Tisbury, Massachusettes to thank!
The story goes that after Moon graduated & was “figuring things out” at her parents house back in Arizona & I was stuck at the world’s worst job scanning financial documents, we rekindled our acquaintanceship & started realizing how dumb we were for not becoming bff’s years before. We had the same taste in men (Adam Brody helllooo) an affinity for Pop Culture & bad/awesome Pop Music. And then one day, a day that will go down in the history books (that no one will read) we realized we both were obsessing a little too much over this Twilight thing & Robert Pattinson. You know the rest. But do you really KNOW Moon? Find out MORE & Celebrate with me, after the jump! Continue…