Dear David Slade,
Happy 40th birthday! Do you feel any different today? Any taller? What a great way to be celebrating your 40th birthday- directing a movie you said you’d rather be shot at gun point than SEE, let alone direct.
We hope that you have the bestest of 40th birthdays. We hope Cathy the Cougar leaves you alone today and stops calling to tell you she just wants to “pinch your widdle cheeks & give you a widdle hug.” We hope Jackson & the 100 monkeys write an impromptu song just for you about birthdays, vampires & a little angry British man. We hope you’re showered today with LOTS of twilight-themed gifts as the cast & crew poke fun of how you once said you hated Twilight and now how you’re getting paid by directing it. We hope Tom Cruise calls you with his secret tips on looking taller, and we really really hope there’s a leg hitch in Eclipse (or else).
I have to be honest. Moon & I completely forgot your birthday. It’s to be expected since I never think about you and up until this week was still calling you “David Spade.” But thankfully we have readers who keep “David Slade” calenders and stuff and remind us of such important dates. That blessed reader, today, was TeamSeth (who would like to add this: “I wanted to clear up that while I go by TeamSeth, I’m not a pedophile and do not find BooBoo attractive. I mean he’s cute for like my ten year old brother (what is he 14? 15?), but um, he’s also you know, a decade younger than me. Does he not scream Jonas Brothers and Bop Magazine? Yick.”)
Since we don’t talk about you much, I wanted to share some tidbits about you for our readers.
Fun Facts about David Spade:
- Suffers from hypoglycemia.
- Has been commercial spokesman for Sierra Mist soda and Capital One credit cards.
- He was so smart in 3rd grade he got moved up to the 4th grade for some of his classes.
- Was one of the guests at Lindsay Lohan’s 19th birthday party. (don’t tell Cathy the Cougar)
Since I’m an idiot, TeamSeth did some light google research for us about David Slade to help celebrate your birthday:
Fun Facts about David Slade:
- David is known for his non-stop camera movement and shooting in dim lit settings.
- He has a dachshund named Django (that is almost as big as he is)
- 95%* of the David Slade pictures on Google’s Image Search are him giving off the “two-fingered salute”, the British version of the infamous middle finger.
- He, on Sept 21, 2009, tweeted this enlightening quote on filmmaking, “When the vampires sparkle we need to use a special camera filter to expose it on film. Otherwise the film over exposes.”
Yeah… there’s not much. Remind me to write your biography. It’s sure to be a bestseller and I could use an extra 30-40 bucks.
Learn much more about David Slade on his birthday thanks to TeamSeth’s brilliant comments after the jump! Continue…
Tags: , 100 monkeys, angry british guys, birthdays, Catherine Hardwicke, Cathy the Cougar, David Slade, David Slade's birthday, David Spade, Eclipse, Eclipse the movie, Kristen Stewart, leg hitch, LTT, the twilight saga, turning 40, Twilight, two fingered salute