I hope you’ve been following along with our weekend via Twitter or Facebook. Let’s just say we got to meet THIS girl:
Oh yes. That’s Nutty Madam in the flesh (video to come!)
Just a quick run-down of today’s events. The red carpet starts at 4:30 pm PST, which means my heels go on around 2pm PST and I’ll start complaining about my feet hurting at 2:10 pm. The sun goes down at 4:52 pm tomorrow which means I’ll be complaining about being cold around 4:48 pm. We’ll be yelling at Mike Welch to stop cock-blocking Rob from the carpet around 7:25 pm PST.
To follow along with the shenanigans, please please please follow us on Twitter: @letter2twilight. That’s where we’ll be the most up-to-date! Facebook will be the close second for LTT craziness.
And you can WATCH the premiere (and hopefully catch a glimpse of us and our EPIC SURPRISE) starting at 4:30 pm PST via yahoo movies! (if the stream doesn’t show below go to: http://movies.yahoo.com/twilight)
We cannot wait to share stories & tales from a #RIPTwilight weekend to remember in the days to come! Wish you were all here to join in a big LTT group hug
UC & Moon
PS: Check back EARLY tomorrow am (12 ET/9 PST tonight) for a preview of Moon’s review of Breaking Dawn Part 2 (with NO spoilers!)
Are you going to be in LA for the FINAL (insert tears here) premiere? Do you want to meet up with your favorite pals from LTT and other awesome Twilight fans and bloggers? Well have no fear because UC and I have you covered. We’re teaming with Google Local Los Angeles to bring you the “Google Local and LetterstoTwilight.com Bid Farewell to the Saga” party. Whew, that name’s almost as long as the movie title itself.
Come hang with us this Sunday at the Library Bar in downtown LA from 7-9PM for drinks, eats, chats, pics and lots of hugs. Google Local is generously offering drink tickets to the first 25 people who RSVP and review two places on Google+ Local. You can read all the how’s and why’s and where’s on the event invite.
We’d love to see you there, or in tent city, or in the grand stands, or on the red carpet. If you’re going to be in town for the premiere PLEASE let us know, we’d love to see you!
Posted by unintendedchoice on September 25th, 2012
Moon & I had a blog meeting last week to discuss the “Countdown to the End.” I know, I know. You don’t want to admit it, neither do we, but the end of the Twilight saga is coming & so we discussed things we want to do here on LTT this fall. One of those things is throw a big party in LA on November 11th (tentative but most likely date) Are you gonna be there? Good. Keep checking here for details. You’re invited.
But as I’ve been thinking through THE END (I think from here forward this should be capitalized just like ROBSTEN) I’ve been struck with how many things we haven’t yet accomplished. And I started making a list. Guys: We have A LOT to do between now and THE END. Some of it seems possible. Some…. not so much. I rated the possibility next to each item from 0-10. 0 means it’s impossible (or the opportunity passed) and 10 means HECK YEAH IT’S (probably not but maybe could but probably won’t) HAPPENING:
Here is what’s on the list:
1) Family dinner at the Olive Garden with the Lautner Family 10
2) Try on those damn contacts that everyone complains about so much. HOW BAD CAN THEY BE. REALLY? 8
3. Drink out of little bottles with Butt Crack Santa 8
4) Bang Rob. Really missed the boat on that one… We had a chance a few weeks ago when ROBSTEN was broken 10
5) Board game night with Ashley and Kellan. Wearing snuggies of course 9
6) Save Rachelle LeFevre’s Twilight career 0 (sorry about that Rach!)
7) Moon-UC-Big Daddy Lautner family photo. Get it printed on canvas & hang it above my bed when Mr. Choice isn’t looking 10
8) Shag Jackson after a 100 Monkeys Show 0 (damn, someone beat us to it. And by someone I mean a lot of people)
9) Wednesday night Bible Study with Kellan Lutz. Of course our first book we work through will be 50 Shades of Black & White: A Biblical Response to 50 Shades of Grey (it’s a real thing) 10
10) Big BBQ and bonfire with the original gangastas aka the Cullen Family over at Moon’s house. 10
HAPPIEST OF HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!!!! Today we’re celebrating YOU & sharing all the things we love. 15 things to be exact. Why 15? Well, 15 was an awkward age no one wants to remember. So you should be grateful you’re not turning 15 today! So without further ado, here are the 15 Things about YOU that I love, plus a bunch of LTT friends love too:
1. I love that when I first met Moon (and UC) back at the New Moon premiere time (remember that whole gyno debacle?) she immediately hugged me like she had known me for years and made me feel like we were life long friends! –KrazyKidd (whose excuses to her job for why she needs time off to come to LA for a movie premiere have ranged from a 3-day long gyno appointment to claiming she’s IN a wedding (which of course meant she was attending Bella & Edward’s wedding))
2. She reps her love for Jacksper. Our first LTT connection was over a swoon-tastic picture of Jackson Rathbone (in the wake of Twilight, pre-100 Monkeys and not showering). Then she put the epic picture of Jackson on a bicycle up on the forum. We had many a happy chat over that hot midget. We shipped some Jashley (another bicycle that I’m SURE Jackson rode) for a while. And then, the first time I met Moon in person, she was lounging by a pool in LA wearing a Jackson Rathbone Twi t-shirt on loan from our fellow Jackson lover, TxLiLi.
Jackson has changed over the years, and so have we, but trust me, Moon only gets better and better. Freya
3. I love Moon because 3 years ago she sent me a picture of Rob that has been displayed by my computer ever since. He’s strumming his imaginary guitar & she made a bubble with “You shook me all night long” on it. I cherish it. –lula34
4. Everyone once in a while “Let Me Sign” comes on the ipod…and I immediately stop what I’m doing and picture Moon and I. Our boom box, the random dog on the street corner, us in wedding dresses and doc martens….running into traffic. That is probably one of my favorite inside jokes ever, and one I won’t ever forget. She even made me a jpg of our little carefully thought out scenario on the blog for my birthday that year, which I’m sure everyone thought was creepy and weird. No worries, we aren’t suicidal, just realistic that it was more likely we would die in traffic than actually get swept off our feet by Edward Cullen… 🙂
One of my other favorite Moonie memories over the years was rewriting songs with her. There was always lots of flannel mentioned, and those chats were so long, into the night, and with our 2 hour time difference, I would say “oh its 4am…I should probably sleep. My poor kids ate cereal on those mornings. We even attempted to record us singing on of the songs…on the phone…or something. It didn’t work. At all.
Can’t believe LTT and LTR became what they did, and I cherish the friendships I’ve made. Happy Birthday Moon! I’ll meet ya in traffic! –Kristin
5. Happy Birthday Moon!!! Thank you for the years of laughing inappropriately at work! Thanks for bringing the Twilight snark with style. Even now, 3 years later, when my wee one watches cartoons, and this comes on:
I ALWAYS fight the urge to exclaim, THEY’RE NOT BEARS!” Who am I kidding, I give in to the urge. You are responsible for that. Happy Birthday Lady!! –snowwhitedrifted
6. I love how many pictures of Action Figure we took together during a 3 day period back in 2009 –unintededchoice
7. I LOVE that although she vowed NEVER to camp out for anything twi related she was such a trooper last year and actually camped out for one night for the Breaking Dawn panel. –KrazyKidd
8. I love Moon for her AMAZING fashion sense. –Carter
9. I love that I can count on Moon to break down and explain every soundtrack for Twi. I would also like her to do this for every other soundtrack that sounds good. I need music explained to me. I am music stupid. Also I will always and forever love her for the picture that almost broke twitter of Robsten getting into the cab. Amazing Ninja picster. –Janetrigs
10. I love that she does photoshoots with me in the woods that look like Forks where it’s completely normal to have “Edward” photoshopped into the tree afterward –unintendedchoice
11. well, I remember /the/ night not so long ago (august 2009?) that I met her at The Hotel Cafe to see Marcus, Sam or Bobby perform, not sure I don’t remember… but, the night I met Moon in real life (Ashfrag was also with her) was also the night that HHH Rob showed up with, wait as I type this it’s all coming back to me… Bobby was performing, it was the weekend of the teen choice awards, Rob showed up with Kristen and Moon got the photo of them! Marcus was also there and they stood just feet from us! What a way to meet and make such a wonderful friend. Then radar online started a fight about not seeing Rob and Nikki was “whatchu talking bout willis” I got interviewed as a “onlooker and source” by peoplemagazine online and yeah, best, most epic weekend ever, all because I met Moon! –emmyloowhoo
12. I love Moon because she lets me come over to the big blue house, drink her diet coke, watch her tv, she fills me in on the twi-gossip (aka the crazies on the internets) and oh, we also talk about our lives. she’s pretty awesome. –hisoneandonly
13. Happy Birthday Moon!! To the one girl who would understand the sentiment of a Ralph’s sheet cake with the word “Ole” on top which was hand crafted & decorated on the hood of a truck!! Big hugs on your BIG day!! xxoo –Obird
14. I love that Moon is always game. I mean, SHE WAS ON A TWILIGHT BLOG PANEL at TWICON. How can you not love that she’ll totally embarrass herself for our enjoyment?
Men also fall at her feet. I totally ship her and a certain guy who loves starbucks… TOTES. –Brookelockart
15. I love that this was our combined Twilight collection in 2009 & it’s probably 3 times as big now. And how incredibly normal this makes me feel:
In fact, that’s what I love most about you, Moon— you make me feel normal about all these things that have been so-very-far-from-normal for all these years!!
Happy Birthday dear friend. I’m not sure anything can top the last few years we had together. But I’m happy to try! XOXO forever and ever and ever
UnintendedChoice & friends
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SENT ME LOVE FOR MOON’S BIRTHDAY!
Now it’s YOUR turn– share something that YOU love about Moon!
And I promised a winner from the comments last week. This is what made me LAUGH OUT LOUD the hardest:
We received the following from LTT friend TheVenom the other day:
In light of the recent scandal that has erupted due to confusion over the Sheila post (people are throwing chairs, offering free but questionable psychoanalysis services (i.e. “losers off yourselves!”) etc.), I thought it might be funny/helpful/lame to write a fake newbie personality quiz to minimize confusion for new folks and help them maybe but probably not blend in a little more easily.
Disclaimer: I am not an authority on this subject. This is based on my own newbie observations, which could be totally wrong of course, and on the fact I actually read the FAQs first. I’m a dork that way.
The first (and only) question is:
1. Would you describe yourself as a…. (choose one)
a. Weird, Twi-hard commenter over at E-online
b. Celebrity stalker “loser”
d. Just a person who likes to read funny shit
Results: If you answered….
a. Caution: You may not like it here very much & it’s possible you will seem weird and mean. You also may not get the jokes. You will probably freak out because of this and needlessly judge others. People will notice. It will be funny. You will not think so.
b. You may claim to have insider knowledge about gossip that debunks fun, innocent speculation but nobody will buy it, because these are seasoned pros. Your math skills will be questioned. Fake T-shirts will be created in your honor. (they’re fake right?) You might seem a little crazy and people might bag on you in a super nice way. Lurkers will laugh at this! (Also see results for a)
c. You might need help. Cyber bullying is a real issue these days. Nip it in the bud. Go take a free iTunes class in psychology since you’re so serious about shit and smarter than everyone else. Or just pay the money for therapy. Come back when you’re feeling better. They might let you. There is hope.
d. You’re normal, probably, but that will always be subjective because you are here. You will have thumbs ups and downs. Sometimes you will feel like an ass, but at least you have a sense of humor so you won’t care either way. You’ll like it here.
e. Other- Results vary based on expert opinions of Moon, UC and non-newbies. Lurk awhile and you’ll figure out who they are. They are to be revered. Give them a chance before the hate, and you’ll laugh so hard you’ll pee a little, which is totally a good thing. Try it!
I loved this start to the “Newbie Quiz” from TheVenom & have a few to add:
2. Have you heard of “Sarcasm?”
a. Yes- but it confuses me
c. Yes. I’m a fan
d. Yes & I’m a frequent user
3. Do you take the teenage love story about Vampires who sparkle in the sunlight & can impregnante their wives so seriously that you’ll hate on anyone who might criticize, poke fun of it or its fans?
b. I don’t know anyone like that
c. No- I make fun of it all the time, yet I love it so much. Is this normal?
If you answered:
a. You’re gonna hate it here
b. Welcome to LTT. We ARE those people
c. That’s Normal. So normal. You’re home now hunny. You can relax
4. Do you think famous people who get paid millions of dollars to be in the public eye should never have their personal lives discussed?
c. Just don’t criticize (insert name of person you love)
If you answered:
a. LTTs gonna feel like home
b. You’re gonna hate it here
c. (Name of person you love) probably hates (insert name of of someone hated by person you love) and we’ll definitely discuss that, so you’ll be happy. But then the next day we’ll probably discuss (name of person you love) and piss you off for a minute. Sorry.
5. Finish the sentence: It’s more fun to:
a. Speculate or fantasize about what MIGHT actually be (or never EVER be, depending on the day)
b. Only discuss truth & facts
If you answered:
a. How does creating a “Character” for your favorite Twilight actor sound along with a favorite restaurant, girlfriend (we could even write a song for the two of them) and altogether “new” (but, let’s be honest, pretty accurate) personality sound? Good? You’ll like it hre!
b. You’re gonna hate it here.
6. When you leave a comment to hurt someone, you’d expect the response to be:
a. Something mean back, perferably to be called a bad word for a female body part
b. The responder to try to start a debate or argument
c. Something confusing (is that sarcasm?) that sounds like it agrees with you but also maybe doesn’t? And maybe makes fun of your spelling.
d. Total and complete agreement
If you answered:
a. This could happen on LTT, if you’re offended another newbie
b. This might happen at LTT, although it’s hard to debate with an LTTer who has been around for awhile
c. This is likely the response of a seasoned LTTer, or, if you’re lucky, UC or Moon decided to join the “there’s a newbie who doesn’t get it gone crazy in the comments” fun for a few minutes that day.
d. This means you got one of your friends to comment too! Look at you!
So newbies, how did you do? Does it seem like LTT is going to be a place to call home? Or did you end up with mostly “You’re gonna hate it heres?” Sound off in the comments & old LTTers (Can I call you Old LTT Hags?) what did I miss!?
Did you remember we have FAQs? I forgot & re-read them last night (and even added a few new lines) HILARIOUS. All that crap STILL makes me laugh. Read the LTT FAQs now!